Interval 2

Interval 2

A Chapter by IanEspergot
"

Jezebel knows about the time loop

"

She was rather quiet. She sat across the room from me. If there were a feeling going throughout the room it would be tension. It filled the room like the first computer. I didn’t want to speak in class. I felt as it I made myself any more noticed I would be looked at by the girl again and she truly scared me.


After class she spoke to me. “Your name,”she asked in a matter-of-fact tone. I dreaded it but I had to tell her or end up sounding like a jerk. It’s not good for your reputation to be hated by “The New Girl” and I didn’t like being hated by anyone but I knew that it would be over by the next day (or the evening I should say). “Adam,” I say. “Well, Adam, meet me after school.” This sounded weird and I doubted I could stand being near this girl for any more than five minutes but I accepted this strange invitation. Not very many people have ever asked me to see them after school, mostly teachers, okay all teachers.


Jezebel worked her way around the fingers of everyone, like a snake. She even worked her way to Mr. Bittle. He was the strictest of strict teachers like an evil mastermind hell-bent on making you fail. The day passed and like so, rumours of guys liking girls spread like the plague at the lunch table. Lunch, the one place where speech of subjects other than of team work is not criticized.  A stupid rumour of someone liking me was spreading around too. I wasn’t paying attention to it. Why should I? I am going to die after all, and there’s no way to change that.


It was after school, I felt a dread wash over me in two waves. The first knowing that I would have to go home and die. The second with me remembering that I had to meet that girl again. I had started walking to the front exterior, when a girl looked over at me and slowly walked towards me. She was popular, at least slightly so. She looked like a puppy that had just done something wrong. She glanced up at me and said “I..I um, I like you.” This was so sudden I just stared at her face with a blank expression. This is probably just another change in the multiverse.


She had stared at me expectantly and if I could make or break her world. “I’ll have to think about this,” I say planning to put her off for a today that will never come. “Okay,” she said with extreme confidence, assuming that maybe was yes. She walked away. Jezebel was behind the school.


She looked comfortable, like she was about to do something she did all the time, like a hitman killing its target. She noticed me. “Come on,” she said with obvious annoyance. I had made the popular kid wait, boo-hoo. “I need you to believe me when I say I know your predicament,” she said. I had some trouble in math but nothing too major. “Predicament,” I asked. “The loop!” I doubted she actually knew so I asked “Loop?” She looked at me an annoyed stare. “The time loop?” At this moment I didn’t know whether I was going to die of happiness because I now had someone to confide in or in exasperation because it was her.

I was pondering that when she said “We need to go.” That broke me out of my state of thought really quick. “What!? She looked at me patiently. “You, me, go,” she said. I knew it wasn’t a good idea to trust her. I ran. I probably looked hilarious, like a dog running with it’s tail between it’s legs but that didn’t matter. I ran until I go near the lake. Then I stopped abruptly. Death or her? Death. I kept on running. I forgot to stay away from the edge and I fell in, it didn’t matter because it would all just repeat.



© 2017 IanEspergot


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017
Tags: Repeat, Time loop, Multiverse


Author

IanEspergot
IanEspergot

Spokane, WA



About
You can see who I am by what I write and I am what I write. more..

Writing
Interval 1 Interval 1

A Chapter by IanEspergot


Interval 3 Interval 3

A Chapter by IanEspergot


Repeat Repeat

A Book by IanEspergot