Uncomplete

Uncomplete

A Poem by J.Nico

I’m lost inside my emotions and I really don’t have anything to hold on to. In moments I do seem all right, or plainly normal in the way I just get along, and do most of the things expected of me. But other moments come sweeping through me taking all of me as if an irresistible flood got released somewhere in the past gaining speed and volume along the way. I get crushed. I get ripped open. I drown. But regardless of the intensity of it all, I don’t die. I don’t know what part of me, if any, survives in one piece. At moments I don’t know anymore who I am, what I want or what I’m doing. My soul follows the flood, gets taken, and my body gets to be thrown against the rocks, the soft sands, brushes, whatever holds it before the force of the rushing water takes it again. Those brief stops are my islands of tranquillity, but an empty one, since the soul is going in the same direction, but way ahead…

I’m hoping for the twists of faith to take my shell faster to reunite it somehow with myself. I desperately need to be whole again…

© 2014 J.Nico


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on September 12, 2014
Last Updated on September 12, 2014

Author

J.Nico
J.Nico

Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal



About
The word has an effect on me, so all about me revolves around words, feelings and emotions. There is no other way for the written word to come alive. I'm still in my 43rd year and english is not my m.. more..

Writing
Waterfall Waterfall

A Poem by J.Nico


My father My father

A Poem by J.Nico