Perception of life

Perception of life

A Poem by J.Nico

I haven’t been given more, or less, than any other human, in the moment of birth. I have been given my senses and those I use differently or not than so many others. Yet, what makes me more, or less, than any other? I know not. But if the primary set of tools is the same, then, something else determines the differentiation. This unknown, regardless of the name given by so many cultures and religions through out history, is what makes us unique. So, in this regard, it’s easy for me to put aside culture and religion, and follow my own perceptions, for those derive from a more accurate source, even if only for not being plagued with the tampering of thought not my own.

This subject is dear to us, because it puts us at the center of something of fundamental importance, regardless of our own awareness of it, and ourselves. That is, if not known, guessed, because the senses to understand it are there, albeit few of us really know how to use them.

Perceptions don’t work for themselves; we have to read them, and from the reading comes the reaction. It’s like a road. If we find a mandatory sign to turn right and we fail to see it for what it is, either because we are not paying attention, or simply because we see it, but the meaning is not taken, we find ourselves diverted from our way, and more often than not, end up in a dead end, or worst.

There are no shortcuts to where we want to be or what we want to do. The longer run has in itself the opportunities and lessons we’d lose otherwise. Life is not a competition but a constant movement forward.

© 2014 J.Nico


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off great write man,I enjoyed reading it.the thinking was great I thought I was tge only one who thought this way..keeping moving forward

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.Nico

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the sharing, and the words... this road needs walkers.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on September 12, 2014
Last Updated on September 12, 2014

Author

J.Nico
J.Nico

Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal



About
The word has an effect on me, so all about me revolves around words, feelings and emotions. There is no other way for the written word to come alive. I'm still in my 43rd year and english is not my m.. more..

Writing
Waterfall Waterfall

A Poem by J.Nico


My father My father

A Poem by J.Nico