Chapter 5: My Job

Chapter 5: My Job

A Chapter by Emylia Senna
"

Emylia tells more about her life by describing her job.

"

The day after his birthday I had to go straight into work. I was a waitress at Perkin’s Bakery and Pancake House. And every day I hated it more and more. I never got off on time, customers were always rude, and I couldn’t go one shift without someone telling me I’m doing something wrong. The job was more stress than it was worth, but I had no other choice but to stay there. I needed college tuition money.

I’ve actually asked other waitresses around the city if they have to deal with the crap I do. I am required to do this massive list of side-work that normal places have cleaning crews for, which will often times will turn a three-hour shift into a six-hour shift. I’m lucky I can even have a life at this point. Normal restaurants don’t have managers that are telling you to spend eighty percent of your time in the dining room while still having all of your side-work done by the time you’re cut off the seating chart.

Let me just say my job is complete BS compared to other waitresses reactions. I feel like I should be paid regular minimum wage, not waitress minimum wage. It’s not enough for the work we have to do here.

What makes it worse is that I work with creepy dish boys; Zach and Darend. Darend is a meth addict and Zach is that creepy guy. Both of them really like to flirt with the waitresses so they won’t be b*****s, which a majority of them are. There’s maybe two or three that are nice, but I rarely work with them and two of them trained me. I really hated my job.



© 2015 Emylia Senna


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on September 17, 2015
Last Updated on September 17, 2015
Tags: work


Author

Emylia Senna
Emylia Senna

Broomfield, CO



About
I'm not what people would normally expect :) more..

Writing