Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Eradite

Chapter One

     I opened the door. I was awfully getting bored inside my room and even the internet wasn't helping. I was told that I should lock in my room because I have some s**t lesson in an hour and thinking about it made me even more bored. I needed to go outside.

     "Where are you going, miss?"

     A large hand blocked my way. I looked at its owner. He was obviously new. The man stood tall and big outside my room. He was wearing a black fitted shirt that showed off his fatty- or muscular chest. He wore black jeans to match his shirt and sunglasses as an accessory and to add up from his get up, I noticed a familiar object attached into his ear.

     Is he a bouncer or my guard?

     I frowned "I have to get something downstairs" I said.

     "We will get it for you, ma'am. What is it?" I turned to the other guard I forgot to notice.

     "I will get it myself"

     "Sorry ma'am, but we can't allow you to step out of your room, not until your lesson for today is done" the guard said.

     I pursed my lips and stared at the bouncer's hand. This wasn't the first time I heard those lines. I have heard those lines many times before and those guards ended up getting fired. The reason why I did not bother to know their names.

     Without any much thought, I followed my instincts to fight for my freedom. I grabbed the hand that was blocking my way with both hands and twisted it as I moved my body forward under his arm. As the new guard cry out in pain, the other guard attacked as well. He moved forward to grab me but my leg decided to move on its own and kicked the attacker on his stomach making him stumble backwards.

     In a swift movement, I swung my leg to the other side after kicking the other guard, my foot meeting the bouncer's family jewel. The new guy fell on his knees, holding his sunshine. I grabbed his tacer gun from his belt and electrified him to end his suffering. The poor guy's body shook and fell on his back unconscious.

     When I turned my head, the other guard had regained his composure. He didn't attack me like I expected him to do but I could sense that he was alert.

     "Ma'am please go back to your room. You don't want to get hurt" he said

     As much as I wanted to tell him that what he just said was so stupid, I didn't. Come on, I just shot his bouncer partner with a tacer gun on his first day, and now, he's asleep.

     "No thanks" I said before pointing my weapon at him and shooting him with it. Just like his partner, he fell asleep.

     Snorting, I rolled my eyes "oh gosh, I got hurt" I said with sarcasm. Geez, what kind of guards are they? They should have been better than me since they trained all their life to become professional guards.

     I guess going through all those self defense and martial arts training wasn't that bad after all.

     While staring at the corpses, an idea struck my mind. A small big smirk formed on my lips as I took my phone from my pocket and tapped the camera. I switched the camera to selfie mode and it immediately showed my wonderful face with my masterpiece in the background. I positioned myself by placing my index and middle finger on my lips while my thumb was positioned upwards.

     After taking several shots, I uploaded two of them in my instagram with a caption: Just finished my self defense lesson #ThugLife #YOLO

     "This should do it"

     Now that I have done something I shouldn't have. My objective for today has been changed from 'go out of the room' to 'escape from home successfully'.

     I peeked behind the wall. There was no one in the hallway. No maids, no guards, not a single life form could be found. Walking briskly and carefully at the same time, I moved behind a pillar to hide. I did the same actions repeatedly until I got closer to the grand staircase.

     Checking my surroundings, there was no one in sight again. Where are the people of this mansion?

     Excitement and thrill was all over my body even though I felt nervous about being caught. Trying not to get caught gave me the excitement and the entertainment. I felt free.

     "Coast clear" I told myself or so I thought it was.

     "Miss Cindy?"

     As soon as I heard my name, I bolted through the long hallway.

     "Miss Cindy!" The maid called "Guards, she's heading towards the grand stairs!"

     I gritted my teeth. Getting closer to the said stairs, I saw the guards and the maids downstairs getting a view of my escapade as the noisy maid chased me. I run past the staircase and run towards the end of the hall where an open window was waiting for me to exit from there.

     I pushed my legs to run faster until I got closer to the window. When I was close, I dived through it. I heard the maid called my name as I fell and roll to the grassy lawn.

     Damn it. I didn't have the time to stop and jump properly

     The maid look through the window and gave me a concerned look "Are you ok?" She asked from the second floor.

     I stood up. Pain shot all over my body though they were all tolerable. I felt like I had an extreme exercise yesterday.

     I gave the maid a fake smile before running away again.

     "Guards! Miss Cindy is on her way to the garden maze" the maid shouted

     I swear, I hate the maids in this household

     So this is my life. I runaway everyday and run like a mad thief who just stole a golden plate from my own home, then there are these maids and guards who chase me. In fact, I don't know if they could still do their natural jobs anymore. Every time I runaway, they would transform into dogs chasing their prey. Which happens everyday.

     I've always wanted to runaway. Not just from my house, but from my social life and status. My family is filthy rich- not that I'm boasting. My mother is a known lawyer while my father is a business tycoon. To make it short, I'm a daughter of a billionaire and to make it worse, I'm the only child. My life has already been decided ever since birth. Obviously, it's either I would take over the business or marry some rich guy.

     Before any of that could happen, I have to take a lot of different lessons that would transform me into a perfect heiress but that would never happen because I'm running away from those stupid lessons.

     I have been taught about almost everything ever since I was small, though I'm not saying that I'm smart. My current lessons have something to do with proper eating, proper posture, piano lessons, voice lessons- lessons that has nothing to do with taking over the business or marrying. I've been eating properly all my life and I've managed to have a good posture since I'm into modeling, plus it's not like I'm going to play piano for my unknown soon-to-be husband.

     "She's here!"

     I looked behind me and saw the security, my security. They are the veterans when it comes to chasing me, the hounds. They've been chasing me for 2 years. They all have coms and walkie talkies, and their uniforms is some kind of a suit that made them look like mafia guards.

     Just so you know, life as a rich kid isn't full of joy and happiness where you can shop all you want. Like I said, you get to be chased by everyone in your own territory just to drag you back in your room and listen to your instructor to do this and that. Especially summer, you have to have a great stamina and strong "runaway" battle tactics because running away will be your daily routine.

    I rolled my eyes and run through the maze garden. I've been here many times and I've memorized every path. There's no way they could chase me in here. This is the second time that I'm going to use the maze for escape so I have a high chance of survival here.

     You see, running away everyday and memorizing your own home has a lot of perks. The stamina and the map in my mind.

     Gaining speed, I run faster, moving left to right and straight. I run as if I was in the movie, 'The Maze Runner' while my arms were looped through Newt's and Minho's arms. The feeling of eloping.

     When I reached a dead end, I grabbed unto the thick vines attached to the wall and move my feet upward. When I reached the top I swung both legs to the other side of the wall before jumping off.

     Knowing that my security are veterans, I knew that they would leave guards at the entrance and exit while the others search for me inside. Fortunately, I'm too clever to be caught.
    

     A girl was staring back at me. Her blond hair looked like it hasn't been combed since morning and her face had a lot of dirt. She was wearing a dirty gray hoody and shorts. Her legs was smudged with dirt as well. Small visible scratches can also be seen from her once smooth legs.

     My face scrunched into a frown as I stared at my reflection in some bakery shop. I am not Cindy Hamilton, the billionaire heiress but rather, Cindy. Just Cindy...

     ...The homeless

     "Hey you!"

     I blinked. The owner of the said bakery was tapping his glass window from the inside. He wore an angry look on his face and it was directed to me. "Go away from my bakery! Shoo!" He said

     I raised a brow. The owner glared at me and I gave him a smile. I picked up a small rock and saw his eyes widen.

     I threw the rock to where he was, forming a crack to his glass wall.

     Whoops

     Of course I did what I always do. I runaway. The owner's voice boomed outside the busy street. His anger and hatred could be heard from the medium distance I have made.

     My parents would disown me if the media learned that I threw a rock at someone's bakery and worse, if they find me looking like this.

     Turning into a corner, I found a small alley. It was dim and narrow though it was not long. It was a dead-end alley with boxes and cans and trash bins. To add to the dessert, it smelled like sewer.

     "She went here!"

     With not much choice, I hid behind a big trash bin. It was big enough to cover my frame.

     Loud noises passed outside the alley. I leaned my head a bit to see what was happening. The bakery man was talking to a police officer who just kept on nodding.

     "So you're saying that she looks like her?" The police officer pointed at something and the bakery owner became confused.

     "Well, she looks like her but she's not her. I mean, the girl looks homeless and the one who pickpockets a lot. She doesn't look like a model" he said.

     "Where did you saw her run?"

     "I think she went that way"

     With that, both men were gone.

     I sighed exasperatedly. I just realized that I was tired and thirsty.

     "You're that girl-" I screamed and jumped backward hitting my back and the back of my head to the wall with force.

     "-he was talking about, aren't you?"

     I winced at the pain from my head before looking at the stranger. The stranger was just a granny. She was wearing worn out clothes and was siting on the ground while knitting. "What do you want granny?" I asked

     "Nothing. I was just merely asking" she said

     I nodded slowly while rubbing my head with my fingers "Yes. I am that girl that bakery owner was talking about." Eyeing her, I added "Don't call for them now or else"

     The old woman dropped her knitted thing and bursted out laughing. I stared at her confusedly "Why are you laughing?"

     "You think I would call them? Young lady, I'm just a homeless old hag sitting in a very small secluded alley. I have no strength to do such thing"

     She smiled at me, flashing me her yellow teeth

     Gross

     "So what's your story? You look dirty, but you definitely don't look homeless"

     I stared at her. You know all those grannies who looks old and still looks physically strong? She's like that.

     She was already staring at me, waiting for my story. I hesitantly sat on the ground across her. "I runaway from home" I told her "But i'm going back later so it's not really running away."

     "And you don't have a permission from your parents or guardian?"

     I nodded

     "It's still running away" I opened my mouth to counter her but she continued "So why did you run away from home?"

     "I want to be free and just be a normal person. Like shopping around, hanging out with friends and doing what normal people do without anyone looking and judging at you. No media. No expectations and more" I sighed "I just wish I was born from a normal family with a happy life, of course"

     The granny started knitting again "so you're a rich kid, huh?" She asked "Do you like fairytales?"

     I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused "Yeah, I guess. My nanny used to tell them to me when I was a kid"

     "If you were living in a fairytale book, which one will you choose?"

     I frowned, how did we get into a fairytale topic when I was telling her my story. Anyway, her questions are quite interesting. It's like she's testing me or something.

     I pondered for awhile. I like fairytales, but if I were to live in a fairytale I wouldn't want to live in a story filled with magics, beasts, talking tea pots, dwarfs, and dragons. Though there is one story and I just watched the movie last week. It doesn't have much magic, talking animals, and dragons.

     "Cinderella" I answered with a huge grin on my face.

     The Granny nodded "Your choice suck"

     I rolled my eyes "So granny, what's my result?"

     "What result?"

     "Weren't you giving me a test with that Disney question?"

     She gave out an elderly laugh "Disney? I was just asking out of curiosity"

     I stared at her, dumbfounded before shaking it off. "Anyway, nice meeting you. I'll be on my way now."

     "Take care, Cinderella" she said

     I have wasted my time in here that my nose decided not to be bothered by the stinky smell of the alley. I stand up and started walking out of the alley. When I got out, metal handcuffs engulfed my wrists.


© 2015 Eradite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok this is different from the cinderella we've been regaled with, but then who doesn't like different? Keep it going.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ok this is different from the cinderella we've been regaled with, but then who doesn't like different? Keep it going.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your idea is really different from what I'm used too but I liked it, well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on December 18, 2015


Author

Eradite
Eradite

Writing
Description Description

A Chapter by Eradite


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Eradite