Prologue: The Invasion

Prologue: The Invasion

A Chapter by Martina

"Hallways of Lies"

 

Prologue: The Invasion

Yesterday, August 28, 2015 the country of Airheart had fallen in the hands of darkness. They came unexpected. They came at the bleak of dawn in their lifeless state of body. The army of Airheart wasn't prepared for this outbreak. Each time one of the men and women shot their guns or swung their swords in the battlefield at their lifeless beings, all they ever do is gotten back up and kept on going forward like nothing had happened.

 

They don't fear death…

They don't fear pain…

And they are death.

 

Their eyes were lifeless and dull white. There were no human emotions within them. ..It didn't show them they aren't human…no…the people of Airheart knew that they weren't human without looking in their cold and dull eyes.

They were cold hearted murders.

They were send here to kill.

 

They were here to kill off the human race. In the sky above the country were the colors of both gray and black due by the smoke from the fire that some citizens put off in the last attempt of defending their selves.

The clouds that were once healthy and white were now black. The sounds of thunder could be heard above.

 

All around the country, the buildings where the citizens lived were being crushed down in pebbles of rocks and ash.

 

These creatures have the capably to take a living life without hesitation. The once strong Airheart had fallen in destruction less than two days.

The human races are now scarce.

 

They tried to fight back against these creatures, but like many other set backs the Airheart people:

 

Wasn't prepare

Was surprised

Are humans.

 

Humans died faster than these immortal creatures. So the remainder of the citizens of the once and powerful country of Airheart went in hiding under ground when it's still dark.

Where there is no sight of those horrible creatures that took over their home. Then the last few guards that had protected the royal family screeched, "Where's the King and the Prince!?"

 

The citizens stopped walking from the steps of the tunnel. All human emotions were worn on their faces. They were very close to the nice and kind ruler and his son. They didn't shown anger to the guard for losing his sights on the two. They were too busy worrying about the King and Prince. "We must look for them!" cried one citizen.

 

"No, it's too dangerous. Those creatures might be up at the entrance looking for you all!" yelled an unknown voice in the crowd. It was the second of the few guards that should be protecting the royal family.

 

"The king and his son are happily given their lives for us! We must do the same for them. We have to repay their kind debt!" screeched the citizen to the second guard determination laced in his voice.

~.~

The Prince of Airheart shook his sword angry at his father. His blood ran cold at his sudden discovery at his father's crime. "Y-You're the cause of this invasion! Y-you sold your country and people out to t-them!" The prince stumbled over his words, wanting his father to deny this accusion. He wanted his father to tell him that he don't have any part in this. They both had managed to lose the guards on the way of the tunnel. The prince of Airheart wasn't stupid at all. If there was a chance that his father sold out the country and then there is another chance that his father will sell out the location of where his people hid.

 

 So he cornered his father is one of the castle empty halls. The screams of both the citizens and the creatures that had stayed behind unwilling could be heard through out the castle. The king of Airheart showed no signs of discomfort at all. He was once the kind and nice ruler that the people had trusted with their lives no matter what…but now…he was a whole new kind of person. The king grinned and finally took off the mask he worn through out these years and when the prince saw the grin on his father face he knew he was the cause of this blood spread.

 

"Your right, I'm the one that sold my country to those creatures called zombies." The prince stood at his spot and gaped in awe. He wanted him to deny his accusions. He wanted him to prove that he was wrong. Not accepted it. Then he just realizes something very important. It slapped him in the face rather hard. This man before him had sold his people is his father. A deeper feeling of betrayal ran through the prince's mind. He even has his father blood in him flowing through his veins. He had the blood of a betrayer within him.

 

"Why?"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"I said why!?" the prince screeched in both rage and bitterness.

 

"Temper, temper my son. This is a whole new era. The new era of the world. The new era of zombies."

 

And at this moment the prince didn't see the man that the people had trusted all these years and at this moment he didn't let his father talk no more. He didn't explain anything to his father to make him feel guilty. His father had no more mortals and it would be pointless to talk and explain to him. No…The king doesn't deserve such kindness.

 

 All of his life in the castle, the prince never learned how to handle a sword or a gun. He chose to stay within his rooms and spend time on his studies instead. He pointed his sword to his father. "I will not strike a man unarmed. Draw your sword." The prince stated more calmly. The king pulled out his sword from his sheath on his hip. Unlike his son, he has a lot of experience with swordsmanship.

 

"Are you sure about this boy?" He questioned. The man before the prince was disgusted. He had shown no signs of his past self in his years. The prince hated this. His heart beat louder in his ears. The tension in the hall grew even thicker than before.

 

"S-Shut up and strike!" He lost his cool once again.

 

"If that is what you want, son-"


"I'm not your son!"

 

And with that they both crashed their swords against one another. It rang through out the castle with a very loud cling of metal.

 

They both pushed forward.

 

The king's sword is stern and strong with much physical strength against the young prince. He had much more strength than the prince could ever master on his own.

 

The prince held his sword against his father wavering and shaking. The strength of his father was so overwhelming. The prince let out a sigh of frustration. He's not going to give up. He pushed with all of his might against his blade and when he did his father hold on his sword loosen, giving a fake hope to his son.

 

Then at the last minute when the prince thought he might disarm his father, his hold tighten on his sword once more and he pushed forward against the prince's sword surprising. He gave one final shove with his sword. It's the battle of strength and endurance.

 

"Weak." The king muttered. The sword that the prince held flew out of his hands and across the wall making a loud noise due to the impact to the floor by the impact. He had disarmed the prince. "You thought you can defeat me in swordsmanship? "He mocked, placing the tip of his sword underneath the prince's neck. The prince looked up to stay away from the tip of his father sword. He glared daggers to his father. His hand sting with pain from the blow that his father dept. "No, Not really."

 

The king started to realize the true motive behind his son actions. His son knew his limits very well. He knew he couldn't win in strength…He must be waiting for backup or for someone! He cursed under his breath.

 

"I 'll take care of you before your little friends come." The king hissed, removing the tip of his sword away from his son's neck and then kicked him in the stomach in its place.

The prince gasped in pain. He held his stomach with his two arms and stumbled backward for a few more seconds before regaining his composure once more. "You have a lot to learn before striking me."

 

"H-how could you do this to your people?" The prince gasped out in shortness of breath. Then an unknown voice reached his and his father ears.

 

"The same reason you and your father wanted to rule the country."
"What?"

The moment the prince turned his head is when he felt two sharp fangs pressed against his skin on his upper arm that he felt with his sword with.

 

He jerked his arm away the moment he felt the fangs.

 

How did this person got behind him without him being noticed? The person behind the prince was very perverse. His skin was dark blue. His eyes were both lifeless and dull and his clothes were torn.

 

A short pain went through the prince's arm. He clenched his arm in pain and then he kneeled to the ground. The said person even walked strangely.

He must be a zombie.

 

The prince tried hard to mask away the tears that had threatened to fall from his eyes from the pain. He wouldn't bow down. He wouldn't bow down to any of them. He rather death than to give in.

 

He wasn't like his father.

 

"W-What had you done to me?"

The said zombie laughed.

 

"Welcome to the life of Zombiehood dear Prince Avec."

NO!

 

"grrrr"

A growling voice made its way through the three of them from the hallway angry.

Finally help had arrived!

 

"What's that?" questioned the zombie.

A small dog came out of the darkness of the shadows growling angry. The king sighed in relief. "Its my son's dog."

 

"Smokey! Run!" Prince Avec gasped out through his teeth. The dog didn't listen. He charged head first towards the zombie and his father with great courage. At this event this is all Prince Avec could remember before passing out.

To Be Continue



© 2010 Martina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good, I love the first sentence and can't wait for the next chapter :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Martina
Martina

Wonderland, LA



About
Hello people =) Hello my name is Martina and I'm 19 years old; graduated from high school with very high dreams of becoming a well known author; (for about let see 10 years). I'm easy to .. more..

Writing
Desperate Desperate

A Poem by Martina


Sound Sound

A Story by Martina


When I Died... When I Died...

A Story by Martina