Cursed Lady

Cursed Lady

A Chapter by Ethel Ross

  Cursed Lady by Ethel Ross

  ''Who are we as human beings if we ignore the suffering of others?''
  - Anonymous

  I woke up to the Sunday morning light. I rubbed my eyes seeing blurry visions in the light, I had known that this beautiful voice was Mama. Ever since I was a toddler, Mama would sing a lullaby while I slept. Often times, her voice would sound like a serenade at dusk and I hear cries asking for help. I figured out that when I no longer heard the voice it meant that Mama had gone somewhere.

  Reaching for my cat-shaped glasses, I hurried to the restroom and washed my face. This week was like hell compared to three months ago. Two of my friends committed suicide, grandfather died of old age, and then now no one wants to get close to me. After all, I'm the cursed lady or so people say because of my bad manners. Every day at school, I'm treated like garbage. I have to get held in during recess, I only get green peas and sun butter jelly sandwich for lunch, and worst of all- having more than 100 pages of homework! Sure, and alright, only a superhuman could do this. But Mrs. Garcia says, ''Florencia Sanchez, that's the only way to escape from hell. If you are not going to complete your homework, keep being a Ms. Cursed Lady.''

  Well done, Mrs. Garcia. But I am not going to do such an inhuman thing. NEVER.

  Stepping out of the house, I took a walk. I thought to myself. The most important part is Mrs. Garcia which I despise her. How can I get rid of her? I sighed knowing it would be impossible to accomplish. A thought slipped into my mind, ''If I could become a superhuman..'' A dark black object fell from the sky and hit me. I faint helplessly for about 10 minutes and open my eyes slowly. ''Huh?'' I felt like I was the tiniest weed ever. But I wasn't.

 
  ----------END OF CHAPTER 1------------


© 2017 Ethel Ross


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
Tags: Florencia's Floret


Author

Ethel Ross
Ethel Ross

New Orleans, LA



About
I'm Ethel Ross and I'm 23 years old. My hobbies are writing poetry, exercising, and chit-chatting with my friends. more..

Writing
Urgent Urgent

A Chapter by Ethel Ross