Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Ethereal Brookes

Blake Parker hated being alone. Her entire life she’s been alone. When Blake was only four years old, her parents abandoned her at her grandparents house without even a note, never to be seen or heard from again. She had liked living with her grandparents; they spoiled her. At her grandparents’ house, Blake got whatever she wanted. Right after Blake’s ninth birthday, her grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer. Blake hadn’t understood at the time, she never cried at the hospital like her grandmother did, and at the funeral her biggest worry was that she would fall in the hole with him.

A few months after her grandfathers’ death, her grandmother was admitted into a retirement home and Blake was sent to live with her Uncle, Carl. Blake didn’t mind too much, she only had one friend at her school and her grandma needed the constant medical attention. She stayed with her uncle for five years, or was it six? Blake was fuzzy on her time spent with her uncle. She was home schooled the entire time, and when Carl wasn’t with a girl in his bedroom or smoking something, which Blake hadn’t realized until just recently, was pot, he was out doing his own thing. They never talked. Except for the occasional “how’s your day?” conversation or “what do you want to eat?” argument. At one point CPS almost took her to live in foster care because Carl was “deleterious”.  But Blake had assured them she was fine and she loved living with her uncle. Not that she did, but she knew it was better than being in foster care, she’d seen it on T.V.

Then Carl went to jail for a D.U.I and Blake went to live with her aunt, Ell, and her husband, Jason. Ell is only 6 years older than Blake at age 22. Jason is 29 and rich, not because of anything he’s done, but because of his inheritance. So they lived in a nice house in California, with a pool, balcony, hot tub, and trampoline built into the ground. Blake loved it when she first got there. She lived there for about a year and a half until Jason filed for a divorce, so Blake and Ell moved to a trailer park in Arizona.

Ell got half of Jason’s money, so we could have moved into a nice two-story house, or at least a one story house with a pool or something even remotely nice, but Ell said, “It’s better to struggle for a while and save up to make it big later, than to start good and break even in the end.” So Blake now lives with her aunt in a mobile home that isn’t really mobile. Ell is a nurse and she got a job at hospital not far from their place, but she works night shifts during the week, starting an hour after Blake get’s home from school.  The only time Blake hasn’t felt alone was when Ell and Jason were together.

And now Blake Parker is alone again.

And Blake Parker hates being alone.



© 2015 Ethereal Brookes


Author's Note

Ethereal Brookes
this is pretty much a more detailed version of the book description :) thanks for reading, enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on June 11, 2015
Last Updated on June 11, 2015


Author

Ethereal Brookes
Ethereal Brookes

CO



About
I'm 15 and i want to be a writer. i am currently writting two books, one on wattpad one on here. my name is not really ethereal brookes but i don't wish to give out my real name or picture. go ahea.. more..

Writing