The apple

The apple

A Story by EveThreshold
"

My inspiration came from creepypasta and a picture

"
As i walked into the Apple store i noticed something strange. Most of the lights were off except for the two above the checkout counter, and one in a hallway that leads towards a fire exit. I saw a man standing behind the counter and walked over, smiling at him.

“Are you closed?” I asked. His eyes shifted from the paper to me, almost instantly. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. “I can come back later…” I said and started to turn away but he shook his head, and stood, leading me towards a shelf of computers. He showed me a black laptop. I looked at the keyboard and screen, then when i went to turn it around to look at the back, he grabbed my wrist and shook his head. The feeling of dread rushed down my spine and i shivered slightly, nodding. “How much?”

He pointed to sign, only two hundred dollars. I was surprised it was so little. I nodded and he took me back to the counter, and i paid for the computer. He place it into the box and handed it to me. I looked at the name tag he had on his chest, just noticing it now.

“Thanks ummm… steve…” He nods and goes back to reading the paper. I walk out with my computer, then drive home after starting the car. When i went inside, i had forgotten all about the computer, and accidentally left it in my car. The doors unlocked. When i remembered it, a few hours later, i went back outside. My eyes widened and the doors were open. Everything in my car had been thrown out. I ran towards my car and saw the empty computer box on the back seat, drivers side. I sighed and shook my head.

“Damn it…”

Somewhere in the city, a homeless man is sitting at his cardboard box home. He smiles and opens the computer. He pushes the power button and turns it on. It boots up, but strangely. Hes seen apple computers before, but the logo on the boot up screen was different. It was still apple looking, but it had a skull face inside the apple, yellow teeth, and yellow liquid coming from it. It looked horrible. the man's eyes widened and he threw it towards the wall. Suddenly, the man fell to the ground.

I started driving around town, seeing if i could spot it. I had this weird feeling to go check the alleyways, and soon enough i found the computer, open and on, and a homeless man that was laying on the ground.

“Sir?” I asked, looking at him. I touched his shoulder and he didn't move. I touched his neck to get a pulse but there was none. “He’s… Dead?” I asked myself outloud. I looked at the computer screen and my eyes widened. I saw the man standing inside the screen. He was screaming and pounding on the glass, yelling for me to help him. I shook my head, telling him i don't know how. Dark hand like things grabbed him, and pulled him towards the garbage bin. Words flashed on the screen.

‘His soul is mine’ I shook my head and shut the computer, and on the back of it was an apple like thing. There was a skull with an X in the left eye, and it was rainbowed colored. There were also yellow teeth, and a yellow liquid coming off of them. I rushed to the store because it was only a block away, but the store wasn't there. I was only an empty building. I went inside and looked around, gaping at the emptiness. A man walked in, an old man.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” He asked me. I looked at him.

“I bought this computer from the Apple store that was here, where did it go? did they move?”

The man shook his head and looked worried, “There hasn't been a store here since 1952.”

© 2013 EveThreshold


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 21, 2013
Last Updated on September 21, 2013
Tags: computer, creepy, death, soul

Author

EveThreshold
EveThreshold

Meh, NY



About
Im a person, not a people. more..

Writing
The web The web

A Story by EveThreshold


The stone The stone

A Story by EveThreshold


Music Music

A Story by EveThreshold