Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
This Suitcase

This Suitcase

A Poem by Faith

I have carried this soul inside of this body all of my days. Like a suitcase full of old clothes and memories on a road made of dirt and clay. The dust rises and falls with the wind and this suitcase is so heavy then so lite, and back again. Every scuff and broken strap so reminiscent, so beautiful in the battle scars of treks long gone yet lingering still... Each day as I rest with this suitcase by my side, the gentle breeze passing like a sweet memory... I think of you, forever in this old suitcase, this suitcase called my soul.

© 2015 Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked how you defined carrying the soul with. I have told people. Our soul does not forget. Keep us honest. Thank you Faith for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Faith

8 Years Ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! Our souls remember everything. God's way of keeping track of our lives,.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right and you are welcome.
Nicely written. I like the perspective of a worn, but loved suitcase and the soul. Both holding cherished memories and times. Vivid imagery. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on September 24, 2015

Author

Faith
Faith

About
The value in life is in sharing it with others...sometimes that just means writing it down. more..

Writing
Hope Hope

A Poem by Faith


Go Now Go Now

A Poem by Faith


tick tock tick tock

A Poem by Faith



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rules Rules

A Poem by gentlekindness