Janelle's first day of school

Janelle's first day of school

A Story by Sunshine and rain
"

This is a story I wrote a while back. Please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes because I'd like to look back and see how far I've come.

"
Janelle woke up one Monday mourning. She hopped out of bed and skipped to the bathroom to get washed up. Today was her first day of preschool and she was excited. Janelle washed her face and ears and went to thee kitchen for breakfast. She was surprised to notice that her mother was still asleep and father had left for work, “that al right Janelle thought “I’m a big girl now, I will make breakfast myself, I  will have jelly toast and an apple“. She dragged a chair from the table over to the fridge, then she stood on top of the chair and tried to reach the loaf of bread from the top. Janelle’s hands were not long enough  to even touch the top and she didn’t want to wake her mother,  “that’s alright“ Janelle thought “I have a better breakfast idea, it will be yummy“. Janelle slid the chair away from the fridge and opened it. She got and apple, some orange juice and grape jelly. Janelle wanted to slice the apple, but she wasn’t allowed to so she left it alone and put it in a bowl. She poured the orange juice over the apple and scooped the jelly  out of the jar and plopped it on the apple and slathered it around. “yummy!” said Janelle. She sat at the table ith a fork and dug in. “hmmm” Janelle said, her mouth full “its missing something,oh! I know” Janelle got and went to the pantry where she got salt, pepper and chili powder. Then she sprinkled it over her meal. “there that’s better” Janelle said after a mouthful. Suddenly Janelle’s tummy didn’t feel so good anymore, she set down her fork and went to lay down on the couch. “Janelle where are you? Your going to be late for school” said a voice. It was her mother. Janelle’s mother looked at her then at Janelle’s breakfast. Her mother picked up the fork and took a bite. Then she made a face, “how about some leftover pancakes” she asked. Janelle couldn’t have wanted anything more.

© 2013 Sunshine and rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013

Author

Sunshine and rain
Sunshine and rain

About
I enjoy reading and writing young adult high fantasy and fantasy. For those out there who might be shy about others seeing their stories (myself included), I have a word of advice: We are all gi.. more..

Writing