Chapter 2- Let the pain bleed away.

Chapter 2- Let the pain bleed away.

A Chapter by ExtraordinaryDreams
"

Jenna does not want to listen to anyone, and no one is going to stop her from doing what she thinks is right. Not even her health.

"

Chapter 2- Let the pain bleed away.

Looking around the room reminded her of home. It looked like her old bedroom her very last room, not in the sense of what were in the room just the size of the room and the cleanliness of it. You could see the tears swelling up her eyes; she was not comfortable on thinking about this subject. Jenna cautiously sat up and looked around; she couldn’t remember what had happened the night before she was wondering where am I? Have I been kidnapped what do they want of me? Then she realised she had this weird shaped thing on her finger it looked like it had came from mars she had never seen one before in her life she looked at it bemused. It has like pincers on it, but the weird thing is it didn’t hurt her finger! What do they want with me what do they want with me what do they want with me!!! WHY ME WHY ME WHY ME!! Raced her mind uncontrollably!!!!


“Hello Jenna what’s your last name? You see the man who kindly brought you here into hospital…”


Jenna briefly interrupted the blonde petite happy go lucky person. (Jenna soon realised that she was a nurse) “I’m in I’m in... Hos�"Hos-Hos…HOSPITAL!?!?!”


“Yes, yes you are. Calm down young lady we are not going to hurt you”.


“Really?! Well that’s news to me I thought I was on MARS and some evil alien was going to come eat me or something”.


“No no dear. You have an over active imagination been watching too much TV I take it. (Jenna wondered I haven’t watched TV since I can remember Hmm wonder what I’ve missed out on). “I’m just here to make sure the stitches in your head are all good and proper and then you are free to go.”


“WHAT STITCHES!?!”


“Oh you apparently fell down a bank and some handsome young man brought you in. How lovely of him.”


With that the overly jolly nurse left the room.


Jenna had never felt so confused in her life except the last time she had run away. (But that’s a different story).  Jenna dosed off.

*

The door behind her started to make a creaking sound. It was obvious the hinges needed oiled or something.


“Jenna, Jenna, wake up sleepy head. I have some news for you.”


Jenna woke up with reluctance she was so tired and had not had a comfy warm bed to sleep in for what seemed like forever. “What…” She wearily replied craning her neck to see who it was. “Oh it’s you, Mr police officer, I remember now you seen me down the bank didn’t you? Thanks for bringing me to hospital but really I could have fended for myself, I’ve fended myself off against worst things”.

 

“My name is Leon by the way I know your name so why shouldn’t you know mine. And no you couldn’t of Jenna you would of bleed to death I have some news for you.”


Jenna sat up bolt in her bed in an aggressive way. What have you done?! Don’t say don’t say... You’ve done what I think you have?”


“Jenna, because you have been brought into hospital with no parent or guardian to look after you or account for you we have had to call social services.”


Jenna screamed out the top of her lungs “NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOO NO!! How could you do that to me?! How could you! You don’t know my past you know nothing about me! You don’t know why I’m on the streets. You’re just like the rest of them wanting me off the streets thinking I’m rubbish thinking I’m a good for nothing who gets away with not working when I don’t. I have nothing! I would love a job but I can’t get one!”


“Jenna listen to me now, I am just trying to help you do you really want to die on the streets”.


“I’m not listening to you, you think you’re going to help me but you are not going to you will just make things worse for me! I don’t want to die on the streets, but it will be better than going to live in another children’s home, not knowing my age being made fun of because of the mess I am. I just don’t fit in at all. At least on the streets I fit in because we are all in the same situation. You will not help me. I can look after myself. I’ve been doing that for 4 years now. I’m sure I can do it for another 4 years.”


“Jenna you have no choice in what you want to do and do not want to do. It’s the law you have to go, trust me you will regret it if you don’t.”


Jenna was getting more and more worked up she felt like she was going to explode. “I DON’T CARE IF IT’S THE LAW OR NOT! I haven’t been told what to do for years now and I’m not starting now! I’m not going and that’s that.”


Jenna started ripping all the machines out that were connected to her body, she ripped a tube out of her hand she didn’t care that it started bleeding she had felt much worse pain in the past. And with that Jenna got up pushed Leon out of the way and ran out of the hospital. Leon tried to chase her but he was not fast enough. (Jenna had learnt how to run fast from running away from other homeless people who thought her door way was theirs even when it clearly was HERS, and they’d only been on the street 5 minutes she’d been on the street 4 years.)



© 2011 ExtraordinaryDreams


Author's Note

ExtraordinaryDreams
My 2nd chapter trying just to build the story up about Jenna's past hope you's enjoy it! I actually got very emotional writing it but enjoyed it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 12, 2011
Last Updated on August 12, 2011


Author

ExtraordinaryDreams
ExtraordinaryDreams

United Kingdom



About
This is my first time at writing. I'm only 16 and not very good at writing or English but i'll try my best and I will appreciate any feedback on my stories. I'll post chapter by chapter (: more..

Writing