The Darkness

The Darkness

A Poem by Stew

He stands alone in the darkness
Nothing to keep the pain from his heart
He's been this way from the start
He try's to erase the past
The memories are a constant cast
He tries to hide behind a mask
But everyone can see his task
He wants to take his life
He slowly raises the knife...

© 2014 Stew


Author's Note

Stew
I tried.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just one detail to get out of the way; there's a place where you have "try's" instead of "tries." As for the content, it is beautiful and it's also troubling subject matter to my basically optimistic nature. But the great thing about poetry is that it challenges us to think in new ways.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Not a bad poem. I wouldn't say this one is your best, but it definitely wasn't bad. I think that what bothered me the most of this poem was the rhyming. It feels forced, like the words didn't flow naturally when you wrote it. It doesn't have the same feel at the others you've written that were much better. Still, it doesn't change my mind about your poetry. You're still a very good poet. Nice work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wonderful as I have often felt just like that at times in my life. Kudos and keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow... cold chills ran down my spine and back up as... I truly wanted to reach out and take the kniofe away and hug this person... Most excellent

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh dear, the last line...His agony is finally coming to an end.
lissalovesyoui:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


A vivid picture of despair and the desire to end ones life with a knife...He tries to erase the past, the memories are a constant cast...Agonizing pain with no escape. How sad! Nice poem! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love how you put this into words. No longer thoughts and emotions racing thru your mind, and the minds of so many others. you are an amazing writer along with a ton of other things. awesome job on this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wonderful write. It reminds me of myself last year with all that i was going through. Thank you Jack for sending request to read this and Stew please take a moment to look into my writting a few of them you may enjoy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a tragedy when one contemplates to take their own life...great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


this was interesting and great read...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just one detail to get out of the way; there's a place where you have "try's" instead of "tries." As for the content, it is beautiful and it's also troubling subject matter to my basically optimistic nature. But the great thing about poetry is that it challenges us to think in new ways.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014

Author

Stew
Stew

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by Stew


I tried I tried

A Poem by Stew



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I tried I tried

A Poem by Stew


Move Me Move Me

A Poem by Tarry Franck


Heaven Heaven

A Poem by Gabby Nieves