Dust Covered Christ

Dust Covered Christ

A Story by Tabatha P.
"

The creature walked through the abandoned church wondering what it had been like before it fell into disuse. Most of the pews were still standing though they were covered in thick dust. The stain glass windows were covered in grime and broken in places by

"

     The creature walked through the abandoned church wondering what it had been like before it fell into disuse. Most of the pews were still standing though they were covered in thick dust. The stain glass windows were covered in grime and broken in places by rocks, thrown by children. Mouse-nibbled bibles lay on the floor and the creature carefully stepped over them, his bare feet leaving no marks in the thick dust.

     The creature had once been a teenage boy who was beaten near death because of his sexuality. As he lay in the alley, his heart slowing down and his vision blurring, he had saw a magnificent vision. Long, dark, black hair framed a pale face that could belong to a Greek god with piercing grey eyes that seemed to glow from within. As this stunning creature walked nearer, its feet never touching the ground, tragically beautiful black wings came into focus. The creature kneeled next to him and placed a cold kiss on his lips as he faded into black.

     When he awoke, the whole world was different. Everything had such clarity it seemed to be a whole new world. He could hear with the ability dogs only dreamed of. But despite all this wonder he felt the absence of his heart beat. His mind flashed back to the tragic creature with the dark wings and the cold feel of his lips just before he blacked out. Without a doubt, he knew that the creature had made him something that was alive yet dead. With surprising easiness he accepted this fact.

     Now he was walking around the church, creating a picture in his mind of what it had looked like, once upon a time. Outside, he could see the wind blowing hard and the rain drops, each like a tiny crystal to his eyes, falling to the earth below. He knew it should be cold in here but he felt nothing as he listened to the drumming of the rain. Up to the alter he walked and gazed upon the dust covered Christ. So many thoughts ran through his head as he gazed upon the solemn image. He had no idea what he would do now that he had been changed. The only thing that was certain was that he couldn’t go back to his family. Sighing, he walked back to the area in which he had woken up. He had no idea what its use was before the church had closed but now it seemed to serve as sort of a makeshift bedroom. He had woken up on the velvet covered, mahogany bed and this is where he now sat. The faint scent of roses hung in the air. There were red and black candles all around and he just now noticed a mirror that hung upon one of the walls. This is what he went over to his eyes closed, reluctant to see how he looked. Slowly he opened his eyes and gasped as he gazed up his reflection. He had always been attractive but now he looked angelic. His long blonde hair shone lustrously and his blue eyes, which stood out amongst his alabaster like skin, shone exactly as the creatures had. He couldn’t help stare at himself, he looked so surreal. “Beautiful isn’t it?” He heard a male voice from behind him ask.

     Spinning around with speed he had never had before he saw the creature from before sitting on the bed, his wings spread wide. “Who are you?” He said in a voice barely above a whisper.

     “My name is Marcus. I brought you here and I gave you the Gift of the Dark Life.” The creature, Marcus said, standing up.

     “Why did you save me?” He asked softly.

     Marcus came closer so they weren’t but an arms length apart. “I couldn’t bare to let some one with such beauty die so horribly.” He said affectionately. “Now tell me, what’s your name?”

     “Benjamin.” He said, a bit put off.

     “Ah, I thought it would be Adonis but then again he’d be nothing compared to you.” Marcus said, sitting back down on the bed.

     Benjamin stood there; entirely motionless, staring at Marcus who was reclining on one elbow, staring at him with those gleaming grey eyes. “I have only taken up residence here temporarily.” Marcus said, breaking the silence, with his musical voice. “I shall be leaving for the place I usually inhabit soon and I want you to come with me. I can teach you all you need to know about what you have become. Your strengths, your weaknesses, I can teach you all that and all you would have to do is come with me.”

     Benjamin broke eye contact and looked around thoughtfully. In truth there is nothing he wouldn’t be willing to do for this man but he didn’t want to appear desperate. “Can you tell me what I am first?” he asked looking back up at Marcus.

     “We’re demons of a sort.” Marcus started thoughtfully.

     He began to tell Benjamin the specifics about what they were, what they could do. He told him of how they feed, for mortal food would no longer sustain him. For more than two hours he talked about what they were, he stopped when he had told Benjamin the essentials. Benjamin just stared at Marcus eyes wide. “You mean I’ll live forever?” Benjamin asked.

     “As long as you want.” Marcus got up and offered Benjamin one delicate long fingered hand. “Look.”

     Benjamin took the soft hand and let himself be lead back into the main part of the church. He stopped when they were in front of the hanging Christ. “Everything you were told was false. Yet now you can live how you want. No one is able to judge you any more. You are above them.” Marcus said, gesturing towards the Christ. “You are above good and evil; heaven and hell. None of it applies to you anymore. You are one of the most powerful things on this earth.”

     Benjamin stared at the Christ figure, absorbing all he had been told. Marcus, letting go of Benjamin’s hand, moved in front of him. He gently pushed Benjamin’s hair back and stared him straight in the eye, his hand resting on gently Benjamin’s cheek. Even this little touch sent shivers up and down his spine. Marcus leaned in closer as Benjamin waited with bated breath. Their lips met and Benjamin closed his eyes, deeply inhaling the scent of roses which seemed to come directly from Marcus. Marcus tenderly bit Benjamin’s bottom lip causing him to gasp in pleasure. Benjamin placed his hands on Marcus’s hips and pulled him closer and deepened the kiss. Marcus, in turn, wrapped his arms around Benjamin’s neck, threading his fingers in Benjamin’s golden hair. Their bodies were pressed together, chest to chest, hip to hip. Marcus broke the kiss and began to lay passionate kisses on Benjamin’s neck. Benjamin sighed contently as Marcus bit his neck.

     Benjamin broke away and grabbed Marcus’s hand, leading him back into the bed room. Marcus smiled seductively and pulled his hand away from Benjamin. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a lighter, lighting all the candles. Benjamin smiled happily as they sunk into the soft, dark velvet.

 

© 2008 Tabatha P.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting. I thought he was dead and he is and isn't. Vampire,right? Good opening to me because I didn't catch it. Yes, I'm slow. As creeped out as I was by the Marcus character I wasn't repusled by the guy. He went out and gave this kid a second life sort of and made an apprentice. I comment on this: I haven't seen this side of the vampire before. Even thought it's eluded to, it's never really put out there that okay,this is how he is. All I've seen are the two by Anne Rice and whatever else there is out there. One typo I found. Nothing big. Secnd from the last paragraph.
"his hand resting on gently". Gently on would sound better.
I think this was done well. Keep writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

like the title alot catch my attention... glad it did this was a very cool piece liked the storyline alot... overall i thought this was a amazing write nice job on this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such a sweet love affair. Tween heaven and hell as it were... we want more of these two!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
Wow you got me to like vampire stories LOL...actually this is quite good...in the recognition of who we are and no longer being judged by others or living our lives their way...that in itself is power....good write!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. I thought he was dead and he is and isn't. Vampire,right? Good opening to me because I didn't catch it. Yes, I'm slow. As creeped out as I was by the Marcus character I wasn't repusled by the guy. He went out and gave this kid a second life sort of and made an apprentice. I comment on this: I haven't seen this side of the vampire before. Even thought it's eluded to, it's never really put out there that okay,this is how he is. All I've seen are the two by Anne Rice and whatever else there is out there. One typo I found. Nothing big. Secnd from the last paragraph.
"his hand resting on gently". Gently on would sound better.
I think this was done well. Keep writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Up to the alter he walked and gazed upon the dust covered Christ."

that is my favorite sentence of the story. interesting storyline as well.
keep writing, keep fighting!

in the war of words and freedoms
christopher michael

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008

Author

Tabatha P.
Tabatha P.

Memphis, TN



About
I'm a sophmore at Hollins University majoring in Creative Writing with a tenative minor in Gender and Women's Studies. At the moment the majority of my new writing is the result of my Creative Writing.. more..

Writing
Martyrdom Martyrdom

A Story by Tabatha P.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Tabatha P.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kiss Who? Kiss Who?

A Story by T. L. O'Neal