Harmful Words

Harmful Words

A Story by Faithfuldream
"

A man with a dying father who has been informed in a cruel way of his death.

"
I can remember when we used to play out  in the yard, on those cold wintery days. Even just a year ago. My father would throw the spiraling football far, and i would run to catch it. Sometimes even diving, and falling hard on the frozen ground, banging up my knees. It never hurt, because i always had my father come over to help me back up. His smile would stretch from ear to ear. He would say "Son it's all about the catch. That was an all star play. One day i'll be watching you from my couch with you on the Tv." Those words took my pain away. They would lift me back up, ready to catch the ball again. Those were the days.... "Doctor!" i hear the nurse scream awakening me from my daydream "The patient is losing air, Hurry"! I quickly rise, rush out of the waiting room, and run down the hall. I look through the window of the locked door to watch the patient, my father struggle to stay alive. Machines, and doctors in white coats clutter the baron white walled room. Even life has been removed from the walls as i notice the edges starting to decay. I wait anxiously as to what will be with the life of my father. The only one i Love.
After Only minutes of work, which seemed like hours to me, The doctor emerges from the huddle of nurses. He walks to the door, unlocks and opens it. I  grow worry from the look i see on his face. He motions for me to follow him into his office, and i obey. dreading his next words, but nevertheless I remain optimistic as i always am. With an emotionless look the doctor states "Your father will die, go say your last goodbyes." With that he gets up and leaves the room. I remain sitting in my place. Unconscious an understatement to my reaction to his words. A coldhearted man the doctor is. Breaking news of death, without words of console to go along?! Or at least to merely soften the blow?! I fall off the chair and onto the floor whimpering. I cry out bitter tears, soaking the cheap carpet beneath my feet. I scream out, loud, it doesn't matter who hears. My world is crashing down right before my eyes. That doctor, that evil doctor has left me out to dry. So i let my tears stream down my face, and i hope this will help the pain to subside. However, that bitter taste. From the words of that evil man, will never leave my mouth.

© 2014 Faithfuldream


Author's Note

Faithfuldream
This is based on a true story. Not to me but someone i was close with. Someone who had his father die at a young age of 20. The doctor might have even been smiling when this story happened.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an incredible story, not that it's happy but it's really powerfull, and I think that a story to be great does not have to have a happy ending. I think death is a reallity that we sometimes want to ignore while there are people living it in this world. I really enjoyed reading this and I hope you keep writing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Faithfuldream

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind review.



Reviews

The story is sad, but you wrote about it beautifully. I think it's harder to write about something that didn't directly effect you so this is really amazing. The ending really embodies the feelings anyone would have in that situation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Theres a few little awkward bits because of grammar but its a good story. nice job

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is an incredible story, not that it's happy but it's really powerfull, and I think that a story to be great does not have to have a happy ending. I think death is a reallity that we sometimes want to ignore while there are people living it in this world. I really enjoyed reading this and I hope you keep writing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Faithfuldream

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014

Author

Faithfuldream
Faithfuldream

About
I am an infj and I enjoy writing. Just an amateur and write as a hobby so please advise me and give me feedback. Thank you. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5