What is real about life tonight

What is real about life tonight

A Poem by Falcon1

What is real about life tonight 
 
The world is gone 
I wrote this song
They decided to drop the bomb
It is over a major city

No one cared which one
for it demolished the world
As it once stood in a proud manner
They could not rectify the situations

For the fix was in the balance became unbalanced
and it was toppled from top to the bottomless pit of hell
The third world became the first and the first became the last
The world turn on Its top at last no one expected that.

They could only read it on the news broadcast
and the teleprompter was burning red
I couldn't read it fast enough for the poor public
To be feed the giant corporations have fallen into the sea

You can only blame greed with no sympathy from me
I was Just a simple man trying to live out a simple life
and your tired to take away my simple life
I had taken big steps in my life and had to take them back.

© 2018 Falcon1


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deep thoughts shared my friend. Me and you are the same age. We lived during the time of the cold war. Today is a lot more dangerous. Your words hard and true. I saw bio warfare and chemical warfare. I believe worst than the nuclear. As a soldier, my unit had to clean-up dead cities in Africa. Poison water killed cities. Powerful and worthwhile words my friend. I pray our leaders lead with concern, kindness and love. Next war. No-one shall be spared. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Howdy!

I'm really gleeful to read your poems again, I can observe a dynamic evolution. Additionally, I'm very sorry for the delayed review, I've been very busy.

Getting back to the poem, I think you pictured an energetic moment of the contemporary war. This war is also an ardent one, for we feel betrayed by the ones who we believed that will be our saviors. We pay with our own souls, pieces of love and songs to the ones that are supposed to bring freedom without death. And the balance...what balance? The balance is chaotic, for the balance to be balanced, a part of us deteriorate as the other part feeds with others soreness. The only thing we can do is to don't let them smash with their muddy shoes on our clean parquet.

About grammar mistakes:
"and your tired to take away my simple life"--->" and you are tired to take away my simple life"
(I don't know if this is a grammar mistake, but it sounds a little finer to me) "It is over a major city"--->
"over a major city"

The mistakes I mentioned are the ones that restrained the flow of the poem, you can try to use a grammar-check site to verify the other mistakes if you wish :).

Other "mistakes"(I cannot call them mistakes, I will just mention them as factors that stop the flow of the poem, for me):
"For the fix was in the balance became unbalanced"--->Here you should find another word for "unbalanced" because it is just a word away from "balance" and it sounds a little "too forced"
"I had taken big steps in my life and had to take them back."--->This verse is very powerful but I recommend you to replace "big" with something else. Maybe "far-reaching" or "vast".

Concluding, I think you wrote a very good poem and I strongly encourage your evolution.

Until next time...
Farewell!




Posted 6 Years Ago


A UTOPIAN THINKING I LIKE IT. THE POEM AGAIN DISPLAYS PAIN AND HEARTACHE BUT WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT PAIN AND HEARTACHE? WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS TO CONTINUE LIVING THE LIFE AND BEING STRONGER IN FACING THE PAIN. ANYWAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE ISSUE ABOUT SURVIVAL. KEEP ON WRITING.

Posted 6 Years Ago


well my friend i`m sure you`re right,and yes it is greed

Posted 6 Years Ago


Billy Joel is doing one last tour. He's not greedy, I think he's just bored.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Deep thoughts shared my friend. Me and you are the same age. We lived during the time of the cold war. Today is a lot more dangerous. Your words hard and true. I saw bio warfare and chemical warfare. I believe worst than the nuclear. As a soldier, my unit had to clean-up dead cities in Africa. Poison water killed cities. Powerful and worthwhile words my friend. I pray our leaders lead with concern, kindness and love. Next war. No-one shall be spared. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2018
Last Updated on January 27, 2018

Author

Falcon1
Falcon1

PA



About
59 years young father of 2 girls in they late 20's early thirty's have 3 Grand children one a boy and two darling little girls boy age 7 Girls ages 4 and 1 and they are lots of fun. I enjoy writing po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CRAZY POET CRAZY POET

A Story by CAPOLAVORO