New Day

New Day

A Chapter by FarynRose

As night resides light bursts through, enough to open the eyes of many. Among the those awaken by the light is Sylvia, who hates waking up or the day in general. After heading out of her house the fall air blows through the city path, leaving a refreshing feeling. As Sylvia moves along the busy city streets she shifts her scarf to block the cold air. The normal everyday city mutters and talks are multiplied by two, even through Sylvia's thick hood; which she promptly uses to shield herself from the people on the streets. "Ugh this right now" a man growls disgruntled by his day job, "seriously" a woman says pissed at a new schedule, "I Hate you" a young teen girl shrieks after talking to her boyfriend. After making her way through the mess of bodies, which over look her small frame, but even with that Sylvia finds the exit. Navigating the winding suburb roads, she finally finds Rosalie High School. Walking down to the familiar concrete structure Sylvia begins to stare. "Hi, can you hear?" Whispers "This seems off." Another whisper. Once Sylvia snaps out of her blank trance she shakes her head to reset. Once in the gigantic and elaborate school she is again overwhelmed by the bodies and mutters of high school students in the hall. After the mess of people and shadows; Sylvia finds her seat, then lays her head down. She usually likes to do this to keep her calm and more focused. Floating through out the room were lights and dust fluttering, but what else was floating through the rooms of Rosalie's classrooms they were figures of students. "Hey you never talk to us, say something." "I need help, Save me." "Please I need someone." Voices began to echo through Sylvia's ears, each voice piercing, the students that pleaded were students from a different era. Their clothes were school uniforms beaten and dirty, not close to the ones worn by Sylvia. The figures zoomed in and out, some leave and some join the classroom. Eventually the class bell rings and the apparitions settle down, eventually the teacher comes in. The sound of tapping is heard from the front, the sound was from the teacher's clipboard hitting the oak podium. As all eyes are fixed on the teacher he finally spoke, "Ok it's time to get the period started, take out your books." The figures tried to join in but began to weep and scream. This bothered Sylvia immensely because she couldn't hear the teacher. After much contemplation she decided that school was more important than keeping the secret from the spirits. In a low whisper while looking down, "Can you guys be more quiet, I can't hear the teacher. If you like I'll help you guys after school." She requested while gritting her teeth, as she said this the spirits did eventually settle down. Once finally getting peace and quiet she returns to taking notes. This is a daily occurrence to Sylvia for her, even though she herself is normal; what she sees though her eyes is something beyond that.
While being a high school student Sylvia must keep tabs on the spirits that still linger on. She learned that she could see and interact with the spirits since she could remember. Once Sylvia began to calm down and accept the idea of seeing the spirits, she learned more about this "ability". Eventually she tried out somethings and then she discovered that she can see someone's true nature and intentions, in just a quick glance . This made her feel intimidated as sometimes she does it unconsciously, but so far she can control it to an extent. As of now nothing new has happened or been discovered by Sylvia, which was a slight relief but at the same time made her more curious. Even though Sylvia hates interacting with spirits and tries to avoid them at all cost, she has attracted attention due to confronting a handful of spirits. Sylvia has gained fame in the spirit community due to this ability. Though she doesn't want to, she does try to help as many spirits as she can.
As she is taking notes, her desk mate Tenro leans over to Sylvia. "Hey can I borrow some of your notes after class?" He says while taking notes and looking up at the teacher. "Sure just remember to give it back tomorrow" Sylvia responded while also scribbling notes. For the rest of class the classroom is filled with tapping, writing, and quick hands. Sylvia's mind is blank with thought and doesn't notice that the bell had rung, but thanks to Tenro she snapped back to reality. "Hey Sylvia, I need to see your notes." Tenro said reminding Sylvia. She then promptly took her notebook that she was using and handed it to Tenro, "Thanks Tenro, you woke me up." She said as she got up to head to her next class. As she is striding through the hall, Tenro peeps out the door to see Sylvia. While he is gazing at her someone pops up beside him, it was a girl with long silky, brown hair. "Tenro how's everything we haven't talked in awhile!" The person asked, "nothing much what about you Annie?" He responded turning back to look at her. Annie glared at him with suspicious eyes wondering what he was looking at previously. But she couldn't figure out what he was staring deeply at, then she looked at his desk and saw someone else's notebook. She decided to brush it off and began converse with Tenro, the conversation was on the lines of, "how's everything?" "That's nice" "hey did you hear?" A usual conversation between two long time friends, unlike a conversation between Tenro and Sylvia; which is quite awkward for Tenro as he's the one who starts up most of their conversations. "Today is a nice day isn't it?" "I guess it is" Annie responded fidgeting and fumbling her fingers. "Is she mad or worried?" Tenro thought to himself, but asked if Annie was alright as he wanted to confirm if he was right. "I'm fine Tenro, it's just something came up and I'm kinda worried. But it's nothing serious." "Ok, if anything happens just tell me." Tenro says as he smiles warmly to Annie. As the conversation ends the signal bell rings for next period.
With the bells ringing everyone begins to scurry around, but not Sylvia. Instead of heading to her class early, she heads to the roof. "Ok so everyone tell me what is it you need." The spirits gathered and requested each their own thing, which was just a talk and they were satisfied. Finally through, Sylvia fell onto the floor exhausted with talking which was not her forte. Looking towards the clouds she reminisces about life and what has happened thought out the years. Memories of the day still linger making Sylvia question everything, the one and only clue to her abnormal ability. But as she was about to dream of the moment the bell rang a warning for class. This made Sylvia shoot upwards and bolts to her class. "Shoot, can I make it?" As she sees her door she quickly changed direction and skids into the classroom. *ring* "Safe" she says to herself, heading to her seat the teacher begins his lesson. Pondering at her memories Sylvia decides to relax and begins to concentrate on school.
The uneventful class finally came to an end once the teacher finished the lesson leaving time to spare. Allowing the rest of the time as a free period for the students. With that Sylvia began to fall into a slumber, in the darkness in her dream white lines emerge sketching out a building; it was the school. As the lines stopped moving, lights began to appear shimmering and glowing scattered across the building. Slowly the lights begin to animate and start walking freely, then Sylvia began to walk around the school. Looking around she follows a particular light which is tinted a red crimson color, following the light she recognizes what room she is in. Soon a pop sounds and the dream turns white, the light was so blinding and irritating Sylvia wakes up. "So close, now I know where it is." Sylvia thought to her self disappointed that she couldn't dream more. The class bell rings for the 5th time signaling lunch, everyone begins to file out of their dull classroom ,and head to the brightness of their friends to their spots. Sylvia tediously puts away her things, leaving her the only person in the classroom. Quickly glancing towards the clock Sylvia nods her head, "Ok I have enough time." Finally finishing up her packing she bolts towards the unknown door of the roof, which not many people know about. Once she is near the door, she slows down and looks around to see if anyone is around. Eventually Sylvia is atop the school's roof, which is tranquil and refreshing, lying down she looks up at the the clouds mesmerized by the bright blues and clear whites. "Same as like that time," she says being reminded of a particular day.
"Sylvia whatever you do, don't waver! Stay yourself even though it will be painful and sad. This isn't a curse but a gift. (Panting) This really is it huh, really will miss this place." A voice. Sylvia couldn't piece together a face with the voice, but it was probably her dad who died during Sylvia's early childhood. She still doesn't know what he meant by "stay yourself", till this day it still troubles her because it sounded very important. The memory started to appear not to long ago which puzzled Sylvia, cause she thought that clues would appear once she got the power or earlier. After snapping out of her trance Sylvia walked around trying to wake herself up for the next class. "Do I really have to go?" She said to herself pondering the thought if she really needed to go back to the boring classrooms. "........Nope........." one word that flew into her head, and with that Sylvia lies down and passed out.
"Once the night settles, life beyond the light rises leaving a new world. Don't try to escape it, allow it to engulf your every being."
Once Sylvia wakes up she is greeted with another world. "What's going on?" She stuttered in confused at the situation. Sylvia then carefully begins to stand up to explore, then she noticed that she was wearing a silk white dress that flowed on the floor. "How did I get into this dress?" Before she could react a pair of arms grabs her by the neck and chest. "Well it seems you've grown." A voice chuckles mocking Sylvia of her situation. Looking down she sees that the hands and shadows emitting dark gases. Then a hand caresses Sylvia's face, she could feel the lust coming from the being. "You can't escape your fate set upon you, I can't wait to meet in person Crimson Rose." The voice menacing with its tongue and laughter. Sylvia begins to fear her situation, "This thing knows something about me that I don't know." Eventually the area around Sylvia turns black and the air begins to be harder to breath. Gasping for each breath Sylvia begins to panic, "Calm down it's just a dream, this is a spirit playing tricks." After relaxing to a certain extent, the darkness that surrounded Sylvia began to dissipate, as the darkness left the voice left its last message "You are truly the most interesting Rose I've ever seen........ Makes me want to capture you for my own." Leaving with a laughter, Sylvia wakes up from the nightmare left in wonder at what the dream meant. Waking up gasping for air, Sylvia grabs her chest clenching her fist. "What was that....." she says while coughing. Pushing through the thought and fear Sylvia stands up and gets ready for her class. While grabbing her books she hears faint shouting, "Sylvia!!" Turning around to see who it was, an anonymous whisper sounds in her ear "you will be mine." Then Sylvia is met with someone who was already jumping in front of her, "Sylvia!!!" With a thud both of them fall to the floor, "ugh..." Sylvia groans grabbing her head trying to get a hold of the situation. Finally getting to her senses Sylvia recognizes who the girl was, "really Lily?" "What! I couldn't find you anywhere! Jeez you're going to get in trouble on of these days." Sighing Sylvia responds while fumbling with her fingers, "I'm tired of school so I wanted to sleep, also.... I don't want to be called on." As Sylvia looks away embarrassed, Lily's face lights up with her hands on both cheeks squealing. "Sylvia you're sooo cute!!! Why can't you show this side to everyone." Then as both girls talk and chat the bell rings signaling the last period of the day. "One more class..." both head to the same classroom, which was the only class she has with Lily. Pushing the creaky sliding door over Sylvia and Lily head to their seats, which by pure luck are beside each other, and continue their chatting. "Hi guys, how's everything?" It was Kuro, who is a friend of Sylvia. Not by choice, he and Sylvia became friends after Kuro decided to become friends with the introverted Sylvia. After sometime Sylvia grew onto Kuro and they became great friends who are goofy together. "Nothing much but school." Sylvia sighs, "Same here." Lily grunted. They began to talk but that was short lived with a sharp ring, last period. "Settle down students." The teacher calls out roll and begins the long period, dazing at the front Sylvia begins to listen in on the teacher. While writing down her notes little minor spirits crowd around her desk sitting calmly, and some dance around prancing across the desk. As she listens to the teacher, Sylvia plays with the minor spirits using her little school supplies and teaching them different things. As she writes her notes she shows the little spirits the notes and tells them what they mean. "Oh I really love this guy's work right here. His works are about your world, which I love." Sylvia giggles. After all the notes and lectures the class is dismissed, as the students are packing up and figuring out what they are doing after school, Sylvia also packs up but brings along her new with her. As she is finished packing Kuro and Lily were stand beside the door waiting for her. Finally ready Sylvia skips to the door, happy for school to be over, with the spirits following closely by. With school over the students file out and soon the friends also do the same, "I'm forgetting something aren't I?" Sylvia asks herself. After splitting up Sylvia walks alone to her house, playing with the spirits she talks and dances with them, as she is playing with the spirits she bumps into something. "Ouch" she said as she fell down with a thud, as Sylvia got up the spirits circled around worried for Sylvia "it's ok" she said smiling. After dusting herself off she looked at what she bumped into, "uh there's nothing here" this made her a bit worried. Unsettled by this she made the spirits huddle in her jacket for safety. Cautiously Sylvia continues to walk to her house, then a familiar feeling runs across Sylvia's back, "Oh no." As swiftly as possible Sylvia ran to her house, but once she could see her house her relief quickly turned to despair. With her fast thinking Sylvia grabbed the spirits and threw them as far as she could, "Quick run!" she screamed terrified at her situation. In a blink of an eye something wrapped around Sylvia's leg and began to pull her towards it. "Ouch" she said feeling the sting of the thing grabbing tightly around her ankle. Before she could react and turn around the creature whipped its arm towards the main body, causing Sylvia to fall to the ground. Franticly Sylvia tried to grip the ground as best as she could, feeling her nails slowly giving way and moving backwards. Her fingers began to get scraps which made it almost unbearable to grip onto life. To make matters worse the dark shadows started to become impatient, and began to pull harder on Sylvia. "Please someone save me!!"
"Oh shadows break, oh death with light, our beings will shine so fall once again. Now fall straight back to hell where you belong!"
As Sylvia was engulfed in the shadows like a nightmare, she begins to wonder about the motives of the creature. Then a burst of light suddenly occurs and Sylvia is pulled out of the mass. Once Sylvia was out the mass began to reside and dissipate, and a figure emerged from the light. "Too bright..." Sylvia mumbles to herself trying to keep consciousness, when suddenly she falls on top of something. "Ouch" the mysterious person says as they're pinned down by Sylvia. Finally realizing the situation Sylvia says embarrassedly "I'm sorry." "It's ok" the voice giggles, "also I can't really get up is you're on me." Looking down she notices his bright green eyes that seemed to shift to blue. Both stare straight into the others eye entranced at the color. "Ummm" quickly realizing the situation Sylvia quickly gets up and pats off all the dust from her uniform. Once the other person gets up he introduces himself, "Hi my name is Zero" he says as he stretches his hand out. Grasping onto the hand Sylvia is pulled up from the ground, with a flick she was in his arms. "Ehhh umm" "Shhh..I can still hear them" Zero says worryingly.
"Hey I really love you....we love you... come here... master awaits, darkness is upon you."
As the whispers enter Sylvia's ears she feels a pain in her chest, "Ugh ahh" Sylvia groans with pain. "Are you ok?" Zero says confused at the situation, Sylvia begins to paint "It's coming Zero..." she says with the little amount of air she can get, wheezing between each breath. Zero looks around poised for a counter attack, while Sylvia hunches over grabbing her chest. As she is close to passing out the dark shadows rise again and charge towards the two but just as Zero's hand raised and he was about to do an incantation, the shadows stopped. The still shadows began to circle around Sylvia almost admiring her like a goddess. "It seems she is doing fine for now of course." A voice whispered sneering. Eventually snapping back to reality Zero quickly does an incantation and the shadows disappear instantly with shrieks of pain from the creatures as they dissipate. Coughing to elevate the pain, Sylvia final catches her breath. "Thank you Zero" Sylvia says getting back into her feet and as she does the little spirits come and check to she if she is ok.


© 2017 FarynRose


Author's Note

FarynRose
This is an incomplete chapter, I might make a 1.5 chapter of people like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017