Chapter 1: The start of a journey

Chapter 1: The start of a journey

A Chapter by FeatherFang1699
"

Brin Covan and his friends start their journey to protect their realm from the gods.

"

Fallkirk, the central town of the country Eshos. Fallkirk got this name because of its beauty in the fall months, especially near the famous Flowing Sands beach. Fallkirk is a small town with a population of a thousand and counting. Travelers are known for coming to Fallkirk either for work or to see it's beauty. One of these travelers is the soon to be leader Brin Covan.

Brin wiped the sweat off his forehead and continued his journey towards Fallkirk. He stood on a tall rock and looked down at the valley below which housed Fallkirk. He cracked a smile and made his way down to Fallkirk. From that moment, his life would change forever. Fallkirk was the perfect opportunity for Brin to join the military. But, over the sounds of the city, he heard someone call his name. Fallkirk disappeared as Brin fell into a dark abyss and into what seemed to be a bedroom.

"Brin, can you hear me?" It was Brin's Dragonborn friend Kilprax Yumroth. Brin woke up and looked up at Kilprax.

"Oh, hey Kilprax," Brin finally said.

Kilprax looked offended. "Don't say 'hey Kilprax' at me. You know I hate that."

Brin rolled his eyes and got out of bed. He's pretty tall for a human. He stood at 6'4" and weighed almost 200 pounds compared to Kilprax, who was only 5' and weighed 90 pounds.

Brin moved his long dirty blonde hair away from his hazel eyes and got dressed for the day.

"By the way, the chief is sending us on a special mission today," Kilprax said. "We'll need the other two."

Brin groaned. "Do we need to get them? They'll not want to do the mission and go home like the lazy a******s they are."

"They already agreed to the mission and are already on the way to the barracks," Kilprax said while grabbing his gear and heading out the door. Brin follows close behind.

"Alright then, let's go to the barracks." Brin and Kilprax make their way to the barracks as Uhtlus the Yuan-ti and Zix the Kobold follow them. They try to be sneaky but fail.

"Guys, we know it's you," Brin says, stopping dead in his tracks. He turns to look at Uhtlus and Zix who are crouched behind Brin and trying to be sneaky. They look up and see Brin looking down at them and shaking his head at them. He turns and continues walking to the barracks with Kilprax, leaving Uhtlus and Zix alone crouched in the cobblestone streets.

End of chapter 1.


© 2018 FeatherFang1699


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on July 22, 2018
Last Updated on July 22, 2018


Author

FeatherFang1699
FeatherFang1699

Clarksville, TN



About
I'm an amateur writer writing for fun and hopefully able to get a as a job as a writer. I write in a few genres like Fantasy and Science Fiction, but Fantasy is my go to genre. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by FeatherFang1699