Not All Angels Have Wings

Not All Angels Have Wings

A Poem by Malan
"

Just my heart after the end of a 5 year relationship ended..

"
At first glance, he could be mistaken for an ordinary man, with his heartfelt laugh & his crooked grin.. But, if you look closer, you'll see, this is no ordinary man.. No, not to me..
He always appeared in my darkest hours, but I didn't believe.. No, not me..
He drowned in my tears, he held my heart in his very hands.. He showed me his wings, but I didn't believe.. No, not me..
He found my greatness, things hidden from me, but I didn't believe.. No, not me..
He promised to always love me, to be my solace from my own demons, but I didn't believe.. No, not me..
He softened my heart, it almost felt real, but, I didn't believe.. No, not me..
I grew to love him, I needed him, I ached for him, but my time was up, & he flew away.. I couldn't believe.. No, not me..

What do you do when your angel spreads their wings & takes to the sky?
Your days are spent gazing out into space.. Searching, aching, longing for your final day, in the vain hope that he'll come back to carry you home..
Until that day, you struggle, you cry, you muddle through s**t, & wonder why..
Why did that angel break my heart? Didn't he know I can't breathe when we're apart?
I'm afraid that I'm dying, a slow, painful death..
There is no hope, & I've lost all faith..
Angels don't really exist.. No, not for me..

© 2013 Malan


Author's Note

Malan
My first attempt, please be gentle..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You did very well with the poem. I wanted to know more. I like the feel of mystery and description of losing the belief in the Angel. The poem could be a story. A lot of opportunity for more detail situation and reaction. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Emotional and heartfelt , the path to healing is the path to knowing yourself and growing from adversity. Poignant good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Malan

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much.. :)
Thank you so much, Annabellee :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a really good poem. Nice descreptions and I liked the repetition in this. It conveys a lot of emotions.
Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you so much, Coyote.. Yes, there's definitely so much more to it, but I need to heal a little bit before I could write about it.. That is a great idea, thank you for your kind words.. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


You did very well with the poem. I wanted to know more. I like the feel of mystery and description of losing the belief in the Angel. The poem could be a story. A lot of opportunity for more detail situation and reaction. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Heartbreak, betrayal

Author

Malan
Malan

Morgan , UT



About
I don't really think of myself as a writer, or a poet, I've just stuffed away all the pain I've experienced over the course of my life, & lately, I've become aware that after an entire life of hiding .. more..

Writing
Nights.. Nights..

A Poem by Malan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..