Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Comfortable

Comfortable

A Poem by Jonathan P


The hypocrite longs for physical comfort in a spiritual world that can not be understood through the physical senses. Occasionally, the hypocrite will become uncomfortable with himself and will smother his self-awareness with entertainment or some other distraction. This act will usually coincide with the suffering of some other sentient being, but it is okay, because said sentient being is unknown to the hypocrite and therefore nothing to concern oneself with. The next time that the uncomfortable feelings arise, they will likely be more intense than before, and so the hypocrite will seek more intense distractions, creating a feedback loop of discontent and suffering, not only for the hypocrite, but for the world in general. It’s okay though, because the hypocrite is warm, well fed, and constantly entertained. There is nothing wrong as concerns the physical plane of existence relating to the hypocrite’s reality tunnel. We are all hypocrites to varying degrees. This cannot be denied. At least we are comfortable, for a time.


© 2016 Jonathan P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016

Author

Jonathan P
Jonathan P

Canada



About
I am new to creative writing, and I am hoping to do a lot of it and get better at it. Since I have begun I have noticed how therapeutic it is to get the words out. I have diverse interests, including .. more..

Writing
blue-jay blue-jay

A Poem by Jonathan P