Dreams- Chapter Six- Dreams

Dreams- Chapter Six- Dreams

A Chapter by Nana Carmine
"

Finally Chapter Six

"

 

I walked along side him in silence as we walked up to the gym door- feeling foolish. My excitement was losing its edge and the sinking feeling was back. Every now and then he would shoot me a worried glance as we paid for our tickets and entered the lobby.

“Kira,” Jenna smiled running up to a short girl with beautiful red hair and piercing green eyes. I had never met this girl before- but apparently Jenna and Ashley did for they were over by her in seconds and chatting excitedly with her. Soon even Edward had headed over- but I stood rooted in place as I stared blankly at all of them- smiling and joking with carefree innocence.

Nothing was fazing me- nothing was penetrating the darkness that was building in my soul now. I wanted to smile and introduce myself- I wanted to join them but my legs had grown heavy and my body no longer wanted to move. I was slipping from myself and I didn’t like it.

I had finally lost any will to do anything- and it felt horrible.

“Ana, don’t just stand there.” I heard Edward laugh, making me look up. He was still there, and this was my last chance to be by his side. And even if my will was gone- my love had not left me yet. That would be with me even as my heart took its last beat.

“Sorry,” I smiled and walked over to them, extending my hand. “I’m Annette, but you can call me Ana.” I shot Kira a wide smile.

“I’m Kira,” She smiled happily and shook my hand.

“We’re all here- let’s go in!” Ashley smiled as she dragged Jenna with her. We followed and walked into the darkness that was a school dance.

It was almost pitch black other then the stage lights that gave everything a very rave like look. The music blared and my thoughts were immediately cut off as it penetrated my ears- it was that type of music people abhor but love it at dances because it has a great beat. The decorations were lost in a blare of music and dark but I was sure they looked good. There were tables set up that had beautiful gold balloons tied to a small glass vase in the center that was filled with small glass marbles.

I immediately knew it would be a good dance. We headed over to a table where we put our coats and sat down a minute. Jenna, and apparently Kira, didn’t like dancing- making me wonder why they had bothered showing up.

But we sat for a moment- Ashley, Kira, and Jenna talking excitedly as I looked around. My thoughts were filled with Edward as he sat next to me- watching my every move with worry. He was always a perceptive person and I must have seemed more then a little upset. But I liked the fact that he was caring… It made me feel like I was cared for and it was a good feeling.

Through everything that had happened to me when I was fourteen he had been the only one who hadn’t turned against me- he had remained neutral but it was better then right out turning against me. So I guess I had grown closer to him- but it also meant I was worried that he would turn just like everyone else- so I always was careful around him… Like I would lose him too.

I guess that means I’m not close to anyone. But to see him care made a warm feeling seep through my heart.

“Ana, you look so sad…” He chuckled as he put his hand on my head- looking at me with a warm and loving smile. “It’s depressing.”

“Sorry,” I got up- looking at everyone. “I’m going to go and dance- I don’t like just sitting here.” I laughed, waving as I walked away. I turned- but the second I did I felt a hand grad mine. I turned to see Edward standing beside, holding my hand.

“Can I join you?” My heart soared as he asked, and I nodded with a smile.

“Of course,” I smiled. He didn’t let go of my hand as he led me to the dance floor.

My heart was racing as I felt his warm arms wrap around me as we started rocking our hips in rhythm. The proximity was killing me- the urge to press my lips to his was one I had never felt so strongly before. I was ensnared by him- fully and completely ensnared by him.

This is what dreams are made of…



© 2008 Nana Carmine


Author's Note

Nana Carmine
Sorry this took so long everyone. There are still three more chapters to go and I look forward to sharing them

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'It was almost pitch black other then the stage lights that gave everything a very rave like look.' Then needs to be changed to 'than' (then, is more used for 'and then this happened'). Anywho, but that sentence doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe something like, 'It was almost pitch black, but the strobing stage lights gave everything a rave like feel.'

It's been such a long time, since I read this story.. but did you mention that thing that happened to her at fourteen? I don't remember reading about anything like that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ah
as i'm reading and stumble on sentences i open a new window and write it down if im reading a long write this is what i see...

The decorations were lost in a blare of music and dark.... i think u should change this part to the decorations were dark and lost in a blare of music

in this one... There were tables set up that had beautiful gold balloons tied to a small glass vase in the center that was filled with small glass marbles. ... u should say in the center of the table, floor, or wherever the vase is in this writing

great write, thanks for asking me to read, u portrayed ur feelings and thoughts well, keep writing

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great work... the chapter was to short though. looking forward to more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Curse you and your short chapter!!!! I saw some things I would have changed but other then that it was another good one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Yes, Yes! Very, very good job with this :) I enjoyed every minute of it hun :) I really like where this is going, and i hope that Edward will remain a good guy throughout the story. Personally, I dont know how to dance, but always dreamed about a beautiful girl asking me to dance with her tho hehe. Wonderful chapter :)

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was wonderfully written from within the shell of the character. Aside from the occasional typo this chapter was very well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

'It was almost pitch black other then the stage lights that gave everything a very rave like look.' Then needs to be changed to 'than' (then, is more used for 'and then this happened'). Anywho, but that sentence doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe something like, 'It was almost pitch black, but the strobing stage lights gave everything a rave like feel.'

It's been such a long time, since I read this story.. but did you mention that thing that happened to her at fourteen? I don't remember reading about anything like that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008


Author

Nana Carmine
Nana Carmine

Windsor, CA



About
About me? What can be said about me? I am Wren Vakassian- I come with free antibacterial handsoap that comes in three sents- Strawberry, Vanilla, and Peppermint. I stay around mostly every week till .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..