The First Day

The First Day

A Chapter by world gone mad


   Hello and thank you for joining my adventure of awesomeness! You know the expression " Time flies when your having fun," well its true. And if you don't believe me then stop reading because your boring as a stick. But if you do then congrats and enjoy the ride.

    My name is James Floyd and your reading about me and my little sister Cameron Floyd but more about her later. We live in downtown Manhattan with our dad. Our mom died when I was eight in a tragic accident. Only our father won't tell us what happened to her. I tried to get it out of him when I turned twelve but he always says "I'll tell you when your when your old enough to understand," well now I'm fourteen. Don't you think I'm old  enough to understand now? I do. Our father's name is Aaron Spencer Floyd. He's an archeologists.
"James, Cameron I'm going out," my father called out that fateful day where our story starts.
"Okay dad," Cameron yelled from her room. She's always in her room either listing to music or texting her friends. And she's twelve. An annoying twelve year old but I guess that's normal. If she wasn't annoying then I'd be worried. Before dad could go out the door I ran down the stairs.
"Where are you going?" I panted. Dad smiled and ruffled my hair.
"I have an important meeting with my boss," Dad said, "and I probably won't be back till later."
"But you always have an important meeting with somebody,"
"James," Dad sighed, "your old enough to take care of yourself and your sister." and with that he closed the door as he went out.
"James your such a daddy's boy," Cameron said as she walked down the stairs.
"Shut up Cam,"
"Oo  daddy's boy has an attitude," she teased. What did I tell you. Annoying right?
"What do you want for dinner?" I asked her.
"Nothing I'm not hungry,"
"Come on your gotta eat something,"
"Fine make me a salad,"

"What do you say?"

"Go make me a salad dorkwad," then she turned and slambed her bedroom door.

"Sheesh, only trying to be polite," I mumbled under my breath.



© 2011 world gone mad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2011


Author

world gone mad
world gone mad

johnson , VT



About
I love to write! its always been my dream to get one of my stories published and this website might help me to become a better writer so that dream can come true. more..

Writing
Cut Cut

A Poem by world gone mad