Greeting Marie

Greeting Marie

A Chapter by Katrina Crago.
"

An intro chapter for the other main character.

"

                                                 Marie Edwards.

     Growing up, all I wanted was to fly away like a bird on the wind. I hated my life, I hated my parents and I hated the way I had to act when I was around them. I was raised in Edwards’s manor as the legitimate heir to the Edwards fortune. I sound like a typical rich girl, right? The ones who want something less than what they have so they give up everything to go find a poor prince? I thought I found my prince at one time, but sadly he wasn’t. Anyway, all I ever wanted was to get away from everything and everyone. The only place I would rather not be in order to do that is Willington academy.

But guess where I’m going?


            I may hate the manor, but I’ll always hate that living hellhole of a school even more. You’re probably thinking I’m being over dramatic, right? Well I’m not, believe me, I’m not. If you went there, you’d understand just what I have to go through. Granted I had a boyfriend there, key word being ‘had’, but that’s not the main reason as to why I hate Willington.

I hate it because they started letting Americans apply here. That’s when you know a school has hit it’s all time low. I don’t hate foreigners if that’s what you’re thinking, no, I just hate Americans.


It’s one thing my parents and I have in common.


I thought they were never going to be letting one in, it was just so that way it wouldn’t cause any tension within the two countries, you know? Then I looked at my roommate,

Alice Camille Walker. Now I know ‘Walker’ is not a traditional, neither is Camille or Alice, so that means only one thing. That they actually let an American in, when I showed the name to my parents, they were furious.


            “This is outrageous, has this school really gone so down hill, that they need bloody wankers to come and populate!” My dad scream, usually I’m embarrassed when he acts like this, but for once I’m actually agreeing with him.


            “I know father! Guess what else, she’s my roommate!” I scream back, both of us now fuming. I thought he was about to explode when my parents’ butler, Critchton, came in with the phone.

            “Telephone for you sir” He said, completely ignoring the angry atmosphere. My father simply nodded and yanked the phone right out of his hands. I huffed and sat down on the nearest chair. Critchton simply smiled.


            You know Miss Marie, you’ll never know, this girl could be someone you actually need in your life.” I glanced up at him strangely.


            “How did you?”

            “You’d be very shocked as to how far your voices carry, Miss Marie” He said while walking out of the room. Usually I would take Critchtons advice and think about before analyzing it.


Not this time, this girl Alice, I’m going to make her regret ever applying to Willington.  



© 2012 Katrina Crago.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 31, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012


Author

Katrina Crago.
Katrina Crago.

Des Plains, IL



About
Any who, I write poetry mostly and they are either angsty or fluffy. Mostly angsty. I'm pretty nice and unless you're a racist or homophobe we won't have any problems :DDDDD FYI, figured I'd le.. more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Poem by Katrina Crago.


Why Why

A Poem by Katrina Crago.