Desmond

Desmond

A Chapter by Goliath

    Everywhere I went, people stayed away from me. They see me walking down the hall, and they scattered like roaches. I was big, tall, and muscular, with an intimidating glare.
    And I loved every minute of it.
    I thrived on it. I needed it. I loved it. No one would look me in the eye. This might have something to do with the fact that they were brown, but with a reddish tint. It doesn't matter though. Everyone else was just a pawn to be played anyway. These beings were weak, spineless creatures. They couldn't even handle a little electric shock without dying. Why God would create such pathetic beings I'll never uderstand. It was almost laughable.
    "Hey Desmond," a girl with pinneedle straight blonde hair to the middle of her torso, brown eyes, and too much eyeshadow gave me a flirty smile and wave. I smiled and waved back. Girls were going to be the easiest to control. Guys might be a little tougher.I know what guys were like. They were always trying to prove they were better than the next. It wouldn't be much of a challenge, and they were no match against us, but it would still be extremely tiresome. Boring, really.
    By 'us' I meant me and my father.
And actually, I shouldn't be speaking so arrogantly. I had human lineage. My mother was a quarter human, but that was as far as anything human about me went.
    But like I was saying, control the girls with their shallowness, control the guys by their fear. I had already had this figured out weeks ago.
    "Desmond!" I heard my name called, or rather yelled, from down the hall. It sounded angry. I turned to see some freakish emo kid, running at me like a maniac. You'd have thought his house was on fire. His face looked even more pissed, but what could he do to me? Screamo me to death?
    "Good, you heard me." is voice was just above a low growl, and his facial musculs, along with his bright blue eyes, were tense. "Now I won't have to say your name again. I don't like the taste of it in my mouth."
    Huh?
    "What the hell did you just say to me?" Who was he? And who did he think he was to approach me like this?
    "I think you heard me, loud and clear."
    Okay seriously, who was he. Please don't tell me he was challenging me.
Are you harrassing my friend?" he said, taking a step closer to me. He was really challenging me. This little weird, lanky, freak was challenging me. II had to bite my cheek from doubling over in laughter.
    I skanned my brain for who he might have been talking about, until I decided that was just too many people to choose from.
    "Can you be more specific?" I asked him when I gave up trying.
He looked at me in disgust then. I would have hurt him-badly- but I can't do anyting drastic. Not now. Not yet. So I kept my composure.
    "Wesley Reif."
    And their was the light bulb. "Oh, you mean that gay kid?"
    "He's not gay." he answered, like he said it a million times already.
    "Sure he isn't"
    He sighed gruffly and took a deep breath. "I'm going to make you a deal."
    I raised my eyebrows. In any other circumstances, I would've snapped his body in half, but for now I have to blend in. Besides people were starting to gather around to watch. As much as I loved to put on a show, I wasn't going to start a fight just because THEY wanted it.
    "What kind of deal?"
    "I'm going to give you three chances. You can harrass him two more times, but not a third."
    "And if I do?" I asked.
    "Then I garauntee you will wish you hadn't." he said in that low growl. I couldn't contain myself anymore, and my big bassy laugh exploded from my throat.
    "Laugh now." he said, causing me to pause. "It's ok. I want you to." he said slowly, walking away from me. Even I had to admit, with the choppy hair, lip ring, and deep blue eyes, he did look a little menacing, but I recognized an empty threat when I heard one. The crowd began to disperse, and went along with their business, like they should have.
    So I get three chances, huh? Okay. I could have fun with this.
I turned backwards, down the carpeted stairs, and ran my hand along the polished wood railing that lined every staircase.
    "Mr. Cole?" that fat english teacher came up and said to me "This is the fourth day that your review questions are late. I can't keep giving you extensions."
    Time to turn on the charm. "Ms. Campbell, I've had a lot of projects lately. I just haven't found the time to get around to it. I'm sorry."
    "I guess that's understandable. But this is your final extension. You have until tomorrow." Then she waddled away.
    Oh yeah. I could control teachers too. I had to learn to manipulate everyone if they were all going to be at the palm of my hands, begging for mercy.


© 2011 Goliath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

Goliath
Goliath

Coatesville, PA



About
rock face .. wierd .. loko ... loves .. uh PIE!!! more..

Writing
That Gym Class That Gym Class

A Chapter by Goliath


Prophecies Prophecies

A Chapter by Goliath


Destinies Destinies

A Chapter by Goliath