Warning?

Warning?

A Chapter by Goliath
"

This isnt the last chapter. I WILL add more.

"

Audrey

 

 

    I had the strangest dream last night.

     I was walking through a forest. I didn't know why, or how I got there, but the trees were tall, casting long, spindly shadows with branches that looked dead, hanging there with brittle looking brown leaves.Almost all of the trees were completely covered in moss, giving off an earthy smell, along with the thick green grass that felt slimy between the toes of my bare feet. The sky was a medium grayish purplish color that made the whole scene look even darker than it already was.

    I walked foward even more while my black, knee length dress with gold shimmers flowed around me. I squinted to look through the trees, trying to catch what may or may not have been running in and out of the trees, half expecting something to jump out and start chasing me. I was walking for what seemed like an hour. I was about to sit down, until the forest started to move. And not in a dizzy, swaying side to side way. The trees themselves, started to bend and twist around each other in weird ways, making a horrible crunching sound that made me cringe. I could also hear the tiny breaks and snaps of twigs and branches, and bits and pieces of them fell at my feet.

    I felt like I should have ran at the sight. I mean, trees coming to life and twisting aroud each other was just plain weird, but I couldn't look away. It pulled me in. Then, with quick flashes of orange, red, and yellow, the forest was gone. The grass was gone too. All color seemed to disappear, completely white everywhere, making me feel empty inside.

    Completely covered by fog, I was hit with a warm sensation, causing a thin sheet of sweat on my face, and a figure appeared in the distance. It was hard to see through the fog, but I could tell it was a person, walking toward me. Well actually, they weren't really walking. It was more like stumbling, in a broken cryptic way, like a zombie. The person came closer, and I could now tell they were a woman. Her hair was pitch black and straight, coming down to her chest. But then I realized something. Half of it was missing. It was in patches, and some of it was shorter than the rest, sticking up around her face.

    She came closer, and I fought the urge to turn around and bolt, throw up, or both. Without the exception of a few strips of clothing around her shoulders and ankles, she was completely naked. Her body was scarred, and almost completely covered in burns, and the skin that wasn't burned was flaking.

    Her hair had been scorched off.

    Along with the burns, her body was also completely covered in stitched that were dripping fresh blood. Her eyes were deep blue.

    I took a step back. Actually it was more like a couple, but I took them slowly and cautiously. I don't know why, but I wanted to make sure she was okay with me leaving. When it seemed like she wasn't going to say anything, I pivoted on my bare heal to turn away, but her voice stopped me.

    "Stay," she croaked. And it was like my feet were frozen to the floor. Even more so when they started to slowly turn cold. Her voice sounded crackly, and choked up, as if her lungs were filled with smoke. But even through all that, I could detect a hint of sadness.

    My heart was pounding in my neck. I tried to swallow it back down into my chest but it wouldn't budge. I felt like I couldn't breath.

    "You have to get away," she said next.

    I crinkled my eyebrows. This wasn't making any sense. First she told me to stay, and now she's telling me to get away?

    "Not away from me," she explained. "You just, have to get away." Her face was conflicted as she tried to find the right words.

    "I don't understand what you're trying to tell me," I told her.

    "Just get away. Please," her scratchy voice was begging me, her deep blue eyes pleading me.

    I couldn't shake the feeling that she looked so familiar. "Stay away from what?" I asked her, getting more and more frustrated.

    She opened her mouth, then closed it, as if she were about to say something but decided against it.

    "What's your name?" I asked instead.

    "Lori," she replied easily.

    My next question I was afraid to ask, but I wasn't sure if it was because she may be offended, or because I was afraid of the answer. "Lori," I started carefully, "are you dead?"

    She hesitated before answering. "Yes."

    The rest of my body was now frozen. I was talking to a dead person. It both creeped me out and thrilled me at the same time.

    "Okay. Now stay away from what?" I asked her again.

    She took a deep breath, making this horrible phlegm sound, making me flinch. "Just know to stay away."

    "Stay away from what?" I shouted, incredibly pissed off now. "How am I supposed to stay away if I don't even-." My rant was silenced by two more figures appearing in the distance. Both, again, were human. One was a man, who, like Lori, was covered in burns and bleeding stitches. The other was a woman. Unlike the other two, she was unmarred, unscarred, completely perfect, but she still forced me to take a step back, breaking my frozen spell. Her eyes glowed crimson. From the chain that stretched from behind her to beyond, I guessed her hands were shackled behind her back.

    "Just know not to get involved." The lady with the red eyes said, her voice rich and thick and sweet, like honey, a direct contrast to Lori.

     I was about to scream at all of them, but they began to blur. My vision began to darken, and hollow voices were whispering at me. Then I was awake.

    I tried to figure out what it meant all morning. Was it a warning? Or do I  just have a overactive, seriously fucked up imagination? I wanted to say it was just my imagination, but it felt so real. Normally my dreams aren't that elaborate and detailed, and the fact that this one was shook me to my core. Especially considering what happened. You know what, I'm deciding it was just my imagination. Besides, if it was a warning, what would it be warning me from? My 6th sense. That's been happening since forever. So yeah. Just my imagination. 

    So why did I still feel so uneasy.

    Okay, enough fretting. Let's push this out of my mind until later. It's not important right now, I decided as I made my way into 3rd period english. Everyone else was seated.

    "Miss Lawrence you're late," Ms. Campbell said, looking up from her clipboard. Today she was wearing an orange pantsuit, and looked like a pumpkin. Not much of an improvement from yesterday.

    I replied with a snarky smile, tilting my head to the side a little, and took my seat.



© 2011 Goliath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

Goliath
Goliath

Coatesville, PA



About
rock face .. wierd .. loko ... loves .. uh PIE!!! more..

Writing
That Gym Class That Gym Class

A Chapter by Goliath


Prophecies Prophecies

A Chapter by Goliath


Destinies Destinies

A Chapter by Goliath