Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by Sara

Long ago, vampires and werewolves were great enemies, hidden among the common people of the world. Our prelude takes place in the kingdom of Selenia, where two young lovers meet, but end in a quick fate. Amelia Crawford was a vampire, and was betrothed to the prince of the land. One day, while she was visiting the castle, she stumbled upon a werewolf spy that had been attempting an attack on the prince himself. She began to run away, but he stopped her, threatening death. However, she saw the fear in his eyes - he knew very well the penalty for being caught outside his species' territory. She quietly told him to leave before the guards came. He was puzzled but nodded and she told him the safest way to escape.

As she was returning home, the wolf she had saved was waiting for her when she returned. He asked why she had saved him. She said it was because she saw how scared he had looked and that she believed he deserved to live. He thanked her and said his name was Alexander, and despite all odds, he would forever consider her a friend. As the years passed, he would frequently visit and she would welcome him. They would laugh and talk for hours on end. One day, she came home with a solemn face and he asked what was wrong. Amelia said that this would be the last day she would get to see him because tomorrow she was to be married.

Alexander was torn, and asked her not to go through with it. When she asked why, he said that he was in love with her. She was astonished but admitted to being in love with him, too, but she sadly had to go through with the wedding. They devised a plan; they would secretly meet every so often - and for years, it worked in their favor. Until one night, one of the prince's knights followed her on the curious prince's request and discovered who, and what, Alexander was. He immediately went to the prince. Outraged, the prince devised a plan of his own. He figured out the next date of their meeting and on that day, sent knights ahead of Amelia. When she arrived, Alexander was not there, but she could tell something had happened. She quickly returned to the castle, only to discover the prince waiting for her- with Alexander in chains.

The prince told her that Alexander was going to die with her watching tonight. She fell to the floor, crying. She begged and pleaded, but the prince refused. Alexander begged as well, asking the prince not to allow her to watch. Again, he refused, but brandished his sword close to Alexander's face. He smiled evilly, and then thrust forward - not expecting Amelia to jump in front of Alexander, hugging him close. The sword stabbed through the both of them, a weapon that could kill vampires and werewolves alike. Alexander gasped as the sword was drawn out, and looked down at Amelia. She breathed quickly and smiled a little. He smiled back slowly and managed a first and last 'I love you' before they both fell to the ground.  

ssssssss

The teacher shut the book loudly, causing me to jump a little out of my chair. "Wasn't that exciting, class!" he said enthusiastically. The kids around me mumbled their agreements and continued sleeping. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I had heard the stories thousands of times about Amelia and Alexander. "But the ending is even more exciting! Won't you enlighten us, Sophie?" the teacher asked, zoning in on my oblivious look. I sighed yet again, and repeated what I had heard over the years. "Legend says that the two were destined for a great purpose, but because the prince got to them first, they will be reincarnated generation after generation until great peace is settled among the two clans." The teacher nodded, and clapped his hands. "Excellent, excellent. But of course," he said with an exasperated sigh, "Vampires and werewolves only exist in your 'Twilight' books and that 'Vampire Journal' shows..." I smirked as the bell rang. If only he knew he had a couple vampires in this school right now....



© 2011 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was awesome sara!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011


Author

Sara
Sara

Indianapolis, IN



About
Not the best at writing for a gold medal...but i like to try... ^-^ more..

Writing
1. Broken 1. Broken

A Chapter by Sara


2. Arrival 2. Arrival

A Chapter by Sara


3. Interaction 3. Interaction

A Chapter by Sara