1. Broken

1. Broken

A Chapter by Sara

I exited the classroom, the hallways already bustling with life. Making the move from a vampire-filled town to the quaint life of Adison Valley had not been easy, especially on my appetite. I had eventually grown accustom to the constant temptations of humans around me, but I still had a few issues to work out here and there.  A couple of my friends had moved as well, like Rachel and Erik, whose parents believed that their children should not grow up in a society where wars against werewolves threaten every day life.

            I walked into the cafeteria and sat down at our usual table in the very corner of the cafeteria. Soon, Rachel joined me, followed up by Erik. The rest of the vampire population of Sycamore High, a whopping 5 including us, joined after getting their food. The three of us did not eat human food; it just does not satisfy the way blood does, so why bother. I had tried a couple times, but could never get through it. “So,” Erik said when everyone had sat down.  His face was unreadable as he continued, “I heard from Joss’ folks that we’re getting some mutts around here.”  Everyone stopped what they were doing. Joss cleared his throat. “I’m sure they wouldn’t…my parents were just going off something they heard from Adria’s family…” He continued eating, as if it filled him with reassurance. The past years had not been the best time for the vampire side of the wars. The wolves had nearly decimated half of our forces, and they showed no intention of backing down.

            “Lighten up, Joss!” Chloe patted his back, smirking. “I’m sure they won’t come after you.” Across the table, Rachel giggled. I rolled my eyes as Joss stuck out his tongue at Chloe. “Do you have any idea when they’re supposed to be here?” I asked Erik. He just shook his head, but Joss cut in. “My parents said that they’d left a short while ago. Like, maybe a day or two?” he shrugged. I sighed and sat back in my chair, crossing my arms and thinking about the idea. “Look,” Erik broke the small inset of silence. “I know none of us like the idea that this could possibly happen. But if it does, we can’t go around killing everyone.” He looked around at all of us, his eyes stopping on Chloe for a second. “All of us have to play it cool.” We all nodded in agreement, except for Chloe, who took a longer time agreeing. The wolves had killed her brother " in his own home during an ambush. She had vowed to kill any wolf she saw after that but so far has not come up on that promise, and to tell the truth, all of us wanted to keep it that way.

            “But wouldn’t that break the peace agreement?” Rachel asked, removing a peace of hair away from her face. Joss scoffed, looking at Rachel incredulously. “I think that was broken a long time ago.” he raised an eyebrow. She shook her head and looked at Chloe for help. “She means the one here.” Chloe said, pointing her finger downward at the table to signify. “When we all moved here, our parents made an agreement to keep the peace so it wouldn’t end up like Selenia.” She pointed to Joss. “So we can’t do anything, unless they do something first.” Joss rolled his eyes. Weird coming out of her mouth, huh? I looked over at Erik and nodded in agreement. The bell rang and we all stood up and went our separate ways. I’m sure everyone’s mind was on the wolves coming here " I know mine was. 



© 2011 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely written

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011


Author

Sara
Sara

Indianapolis, IN



About
Not the best at writing for a gold medal...but i like to try... ^-^ more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by Sara


2. Arrival 2. Arrival

A Chapter by Sara


3. Interaction 3. Interaction

A Chapter by Sara