Chapter Four; Essence of Shiloh Aldwin

Chapter Four; Essence of Shiloh Aldwin

A Chapter by Alyssa B. Long
"

The heart dreams of what it deserves, but the heart shall not receive... Here comes the Wind Fortress!

"

Aching screams and laughter mixing in the air, only to feel the pressure of the overwhelming power. The Platinum knights glimmer like the sun, with each swing of their attacks murdering countless of “innocent lives”. The war rages on and on which never seems to end.


A child lies frightened in the darkness as she lingers under the moonlight. She moves around the tiny village passing through the silence that stole her life. The painful shrieks resonate under the bloody moon that gaze under the suffering people.


“Mom! Dad! Where are you!?”


The young girl running through looking over death corpses to ensure that her parents were safe. Blinks of fire consume each of the souls of many in the village. The fragile child only continues searching for her parents.


A far outcry echoes through the village alerting the girl. With rush, her adrenaline rises forcing her to push forward to the location only to see a small child underneath the wood. The child screams covered in blood from head to toe.


“S-Shiloh..? Please... help me!”


The young girl cries out reaching for Shiloh's hand. She hesitates in helping the child for she is more concerned with her family's safety. She then shakes her head pulling the child out of the wood only to separate the forearm from the girl's body.


“A-ahh! My Goddess! No! I-I'm-”


“AHH!!! M-Mommy! Someone! HELP ME!”


Shiloh's body begins to tremble in fear shaking uncontrollably from the shock. The fresh blood oozing in her hands her breathing increases as she continues panicking. She drops to her knees holding her head with each hand with a fearful expression.


The smell of fat and blood mixing like iron as the arm Shiloh holds in her hand shakes. She drops the severed arm as Shiloh witnesses its twitching. The young child before her swearing in tears as vomit escapes the young one's mouth.


“There she is!”


Platinum Knight charge towards Shiloh armed and ready to exterminate. Shiloh's heart continues to beat rapidly soon the wind surrounding Shiloh creates a tornado around her. The heart symbol on her neck shining emerald green as she screams.


“N-no! Don't come near me! STOP!”


Blades of wind thrusts through the hearts of her enemies as the splatter of blood weighs heavy in the wind. Shiloh smelling the toxic aroma of their hatred, power, and selfishness. She begins crying overwhelmed in guilt, killing in self-defense.


Soon the tornado consumes her body protecting her from any other danger. Her loud cries only seem to increase the surrounding wind slashing and tearing into the lives of many Platinum knights that killed the villagers. Shiloh begins hugging herself wishing for the wind to cease, however, it only grows stronger in corresponding with her emotions.


“Someone help me! Please... I don't want this power!”


“Kill the Zest!”


“Kill the monster!”


Angry voices consume the atmosphere that surrounded the young girl. Her ash brown hair dancing with the wind as her tears stroll like shooting stars. Abandoned by many and insecure for her powers, Shiloh's heart symbol grows brighter increasing the power of her essence.


Villagers, Platinum, and Silver knights fighting amongst each other while many attempts to pierce into the eye of the tornado. A lance tossed to Shiloh hits her cheek scaring her face, Shiloh cries in pain covering her injured cheek. No one able to hear her cries only continues attempt to assassinate the young girl.


“W-why? Why am I a ZEST?!”


Shiloh pulls onto her hair clawing into her scalp as she stands up screaming in agony. The tornado begins to meld lances launching counter attacks for every hit Shiloh endured. She points up from the sky then down to the ground where an avalanche of lances pierces the hearts of many.


“N-no. STOP!”


“2nd Lieutenant Aldwin!”


Shiloh opens her eyes feeling the soak from sweat. A young private silver knight salutes her then bows down. Shiloh covers her face to wipe off the sweat drizzling down her forehead. She buries her brows together calming herself in front of the young soldier.


“What is it?”

“Well, Ma'am you look like you were having a nightmare...”


“That doesn't answer my question soldier. What do you need from me?”


“O-oh right! Princess Chelsea demands your appearance at the Throne room this instant.”


“Do you know why?”


“Uhm... I'm not entirely sure. I just know that the Princess has a special assignment for you.”


“So she's finally sending her Wind Fortress out?”


“I-I'm sorry Ma'am... I don't know any more than that.”


“That's alright. Leave I need to dress before I meet with her Highness.”


“Y-yes at once!”


The young woman in clinking silver armor runs out of Shiloh's room. She looks around seeing the small space providing support and comfort. The room covered in astrological signs, moon phases, and eclipse maps dating when they will arrive and where.


Shiloh stands up stretching her legs and arms with lunges. She lays down and begins twenty push-ups to wake herself up from the hellish nightmare. The cold ground beneath her fingertips seems to soothe her and bring peace within herself.


She relaxes her myself as she flexes to check her training regiment. She nods to herself the finally opens a drawer to put undergarments on. She checks the mirror as she fixes her long ash hair into a ponytail finishing it with a headband.


Slowly she binds her breasts with bandages, Shiloh then puts her silver and green armor on. Although her outfit consists of light armory many know her as the Wind Fortress. After getting her clothes on she adjusts her boots to her liking,preparing for Princess Chelsea.


“Alright... now should I bring my sword?”


Shiloh laughs to herself as she shakes her head. The thought of the princess being dangerous or angry makes her laugh. She decides to leave her two-handed weapon in the room as she opens the door walking to the halls.


The wind rises as Shiloh continues walking down the hallway, numerous painting of Princess Chelsea doing “good deeds” are on display in every corner of the castle. The hallways are pure gold with silver linings and every gem known to man and woman. Ice sculptures of Princess Chelsea posing her elegance in every manner surround the castle walls.


“Her Highness... sure loves herself.”


The shining emeralds on Shiloh's armor begin to dim as she approaches a silver door coded in emeralds, sapphires, and larimars. The door is twenty feet fall weighing approximately ten thousand pounds, she lifts her hands forcing both doors to open. To many of the servants, Shiloh is the only one capable of opening the door.


There Shiloh sees the Princess surrounded by many men contending to her every need; food, water, clothes, money managing, and more. The 2nd lieutenant kneels down before the Princess seeing the room also in gold along with her golden provocative outfit. Princess Chelsea waves all the servants away leaving the soldier and herself alone in the room.


“You have called for me Princess Chelsea?”


“Yes, Shiloh Aldwin, my Wind Fortress... I have a special task for you.”

“A special task?” Shiloh lifts her head in astonishment.


“Yes Shiloh, you can finally go outside for all these years!”


“T-thank you Your Majesty...”


“I have just returned from my fiancee's castle. You know, Princess Xillian The Third of the Light Kingdom.”

“As I am well aware Princess.”


“Our Southern traditions during my visit were insulted by the Prince! I have witnessed him proposing to another woman!”

“Y-you're Highness... is he aware of our customs?”


“I-I am sure he is!”


“Your Majesty... it is a new custom to the Light Kingdom, Northerners are not aware that exposing their skin to the opposite sex is a sign of proposal...”


“O-oh hahaha is that so?”


“...”


“A-anyway! As the Kingdom of Oiorpata and rightful ruler; your mission is to retrieve the Essence of Spade from the Counsel of Light!”


“But your Highness no one is allowed in that Holy Chamber unless chosen by Prince Xillian himself!”


“Hahahaha! I just so happen to be invited to see the demise of that pathetic Zest! However, you must go in my place instead.”


“You're Majesty don't you think that's unreasonable..? Also rude to Prince Xillian?”


The petite princess stands up from her seat then walks over to Shiloh. Without warning, she raises her right hand slapping the young lieutenant imprinting her hand upon the knight's face. Shiloh taken back from the action kneels down lowering her head towards Princess Chelsea.


“M-my apologies... I spoke out of turn.”


“Exactly, be cautious that slap is the kindest thing I can do to you 2nd Lieutenant Aldwin.”


“I-I'll refrain myself from speaking against your wishes... Your Majesty.”


The petite Princess laughs then sits back down on her cushion seat. Shiloh still bowing feeling the stinging sensation on her cheek and guilt. Her highness waves the young knight away shooing her to get to work.


“Now go! I need that Zest.”


“At once, but may I know the name of my victim?”


“Hehehehe... her name is Frixell Logix. Also Shiloh, dear, if you fail at this assignment I will continue torturing that woman. Do you understand?”


“... Yes... Your Majesty...”


Shiloh walks away from the amber throne room, she clenches her fists refraining herself from using her essence. She closes her eyes opening the brute door before her, many see the young Knight dazzling and obedient to her Highness. As the giant doors close behind Shiloh, she holds swirls of the wind above her left hand slamming it against the door to vent out the frustration she feels inside.


“We are no better than the Northern kingdom...”


Shiloh marches down the halls as every officer, squire, lord, and duchess salute to her appearance. She keeps walking down the halls meeting with various people from ethnic backgrounds. The sun shining and the flowers budding everything in the world seems joyous.


She gazes upon the sky feeling the gentle breeze brushes her cheek, a soothing touch made by nature and not by her own hand. Shiloh scouts around the palace greeting every soldier to their post, many fatigues from watching countless hours for the danger that might occur. While some envy Aldwin's high ranking position refusing to talk to her.


The sun then begins to set as Shiloh sees the moon rising in the endless horizon in the west. She then gazes up above the stars giggling to herself as she begins to connect the dots. Her heart fills with joy seeing the beautiful burning gasses spreading like wildfire.


“Well... everything seems clear. Nothing to report, just another “peaceful” day.”


Shiloh nods to herself waving to the stars as a goodbye to seeing them another night. She then continues to walk around the castle from the golden corridors, flying-buttresses, columns, and throne room. The Princess then greets the knight as she bows before her.


“Alright Shiloh here's the invitation to the Counsel of Light.”

Princess Chelsea extends her hand out as Shiloh stands up grabbing the sealed scroll into her hand. She then bows once again as the Princess waves her off to perform her duties as a knight of the Oiorpata kingdom. Shiloh's heart twists in pain feeling she has made a wrong decision, however, she shakes her ill-intuition as she walks back to the exit.


“Lieutenant Aldwin.”


“Yes, your Majesty?” Shiloh turns around to meet her face.


“Remember, if you do not bring the Zest of Spade; I will dispose of her.”


“Yes, your Majesty... I shall not fail you...”


The young and evil princess smirks at Shiloh as the dark brown eyes grow in fury and excitement. Shiloh continues walking away as she tucks the scroll in her satchel. She sighs feeling the outburst emotions go out of control in her heart; anger, guilt, helplessness, loneliness, and hatred.


She then returns to her room where the cold comforts of home lie in the small room. Shiloh opens the door then walks up to the bandaged covered sword; Valkyrie. The sword sparks in the wind as she lifts it from the ground.


The young Silver Knight then attaches the great sword onto her belt for safety measures. Shiloh sighs feeling anxiety for her Master, however, this is the only solution she can think of. She takes one last look to the room where she was kept for 8 years of her life.


Nothing seems to speaks to her besides the shining hope stars have given her. The 2nd lieutenant salutes to her room then walk down the hallways to proceed with Princess Chelsea's order. She places a hand on the sword in hopes that violence will not be used.


Shiloh exists the palace walls she then grabs onto her collar exposing the heart symbol on the of her neck. It shimmers in bright emerald as she closes her eyes. For a second she holds her breath stretching her back, a kind but powerful breeze surrounds her.


Crystal like wings appears on her back forming shape as she prepares. Shiloh jumps from the abundant ground reaching towards the sky as her wings. Her body floats mid-air soaring through the clouds as the endless space.


Her wings freely extending to it's full might flying her across the musty green pastures seeing starving children slaughtering each other for food. Women and men charging weapons into her throats to feed themselves to others. Many would think that this nature is barbaric, however, to Shiloh it was normal.


Corruption and torment as normal characteristics of Oiorpatra, even though women raise superiority over men unlike the northern kingdom, Light. Women carry orders and men were expected to obey like dogs. In Shiloh's heart, she knew that things should change.


An eerie fog surrounds many villages poisoning their hunger to have the need of human flesh. The burning smoke penetrates Shiloh's nostrils causing her to cough violently, with a wave of her hand she purifies her lungs to keep fresh oxygen around her. With the wings on her back, Shiloh's speed increases as she moves like a ballerina.


Dancing through the sky in such enchantment as stars begin to shower the night sky complimenting and joining her in her waltz. Her cape twirling surrounding her in embrace as the wind unites with Shiloh. The taste of freedom she longed for was finally granted to the diligent lieutenant.


“The wind shouldn't be controlled... However it is...”


Shiloh embraces herself as she watches the stars swimming in shine. She extends her hand out towards space she longs for. A single tear strolls down her cheek for she knew the wind could never be free.


She glances at her scarred hands which were once tainted in blood. She clenches her fists wallowing in self-pity. She then continues her journey in the sky which seems to be countless of hours of flying.


Her heart beats rapidly as she fights the urge to run away from Princess Chelsea and put an end to everything she holds dear. The taste of freedom tainted her thoughts and clouding her judgment of the mission Princess Chelsea assigned her. Her wings grow longer as the stars stop dancing as if cheering her on to continue her mission.


“I can't abandon her...”


Shiloh shakes her head then takes flight once more soaring through the sky with great speed. The stars light grow dim as the moon slowly sets with the rising sun. The dawn's light shocks Shiloh's forcing her to stop to conceal her eyes from the light.


The bright red, yellow, and orange colors flash before her eyes for it's been years the last time the sun has touched her face. Shiloh feeling culture shock begins to tremble at the sun's beauty, feeling unworthy to feel it's kind warmth she continues flying through the clouds.


Her eyes grow heavier by the minute as ten hours have passed since her departure. The sight of gray plants scares her, for many in the kingdom were growing hungry from the lack of cultivation. Men working like slaves in chains, body aching as they fertilize the land and sow the seeds into the earth.


Shiloh pauses watching them work as they were whipped by female knights. Many exhausted from working countless hours, to bring life to the dying land that surround them all. Boys having sexual intercourse with women in various ages tormented by the evil desires women force upon them.


Shiloh passing through each village as she can only watch the capitalism and social-economic issues her country is falling under. Anguish and hate overwhelm her heart for she has no right to protect the people. The oath of knighthood falls solely to serve Princess Chelsea and not the people.


Slowly getting sick to her stomach Shiloh continues pushing through as she sees the blue endless sea sparkling in the sunlight. Her reflection shines before her catching her off guard as a fish jump in surprise. The cold sensation of the water startles her yet soothes her.


The sea work of art sends Shiloh to the deepest part of her memories with her master. The water looks smooth even for anyone to partake into its heart. She gently glides over the water touching its wonders as she flies.


“Master... you're working so hard...”


The ill-feelings that resided in her heart slowly dies down as she smiles towards her reflection. She giggles at the gentle touch of sparkling water then begins playing and splashing in the water. She coughs in embarrassment as she ceases her goofy actions.


As she flies across the sea wondering the safety of her friend and master. Princess Chelsea's words echo in her mind. The essence of her power grows stronger taking her to the Kingdom of Light. Many of the citizens point and sneer at Shiloh Aldwin's presence.


Shiloh looks at the capital of Light in awe, to see the citizens full clothed and free. Many arguments here and there along with countless advertisements on products. She looks up gazing at the beautiful tall towers of the castle.


Guards surround the young lieutenant as she descends to the ground, many armed with lances and swords ready to attack. A butler in fine clothing approaches her in a defensive stance to ensure his safety. Many put their arms down as the butler continues to approach them.


“Who are you?”


“I am Shiloh Aldwin; 2nd lieutenant of Oiorpatra kingdom I am also known as Princess Chelsea's Wind Fortress.”

“T-The Wind Fortress! What are you doing her in the capital of Light?!”


“I am here by her Majesty's orders to attend the Counsel of Light in regard to Frixell Logix.”


She stands tall before them in an intimidating manner, many in awe by her calm and powerful composure. Surprise that she is reacting calmly towards the rude welcoming the Kingdom has greeted her with.


The kingdom shining brightly with the sun as many of the citizens cower in fear. Many of them barely clothed like the citizens of Oiorpatra. Many covered in dirt and bruises as they run in fear from Shiloh.


She looks up to see the beautiful castle in which Prince Xillian resides. The castle tall as a mountain crested in jewels like Princess Chelsea's castle. However, the castle's design is based on concrete and wood, unlike the gold that surrounds Princess Chelsea this was a spectacular sight to see.


“Prince Xillian... has outdone himself...”


“Well Ms. Aldwin, I, James, shall escort you to the castle. May I see proof of documentation for the Counsel of Light?”


Shiloh pulls out the paper out of her satchel then opens the seal by a touch of her blood. The paper unfolds before James' eyes then carefully reads it thoroughly for inspection. James then bows as they journey on to Light castle.


Many of the soldiers give Shiloh angry glares and scornfully looks some spit on the ground she walks on. She pays no attention to them for her thoughts are filled with worry and haste. James and Shiloh walk in front of a silver gate with the sun and moon symbols in the middle.


James waves his hand towards the guards as they nod signaling to open the gates. Shiloh whistles as she yawns feeling the fatigue finally catch up to her. She rubs her eyes yawning loudly as she continues to follow James.


“Are you tired Ms. Aldwin?”


“No, I'm alright... I just had a long walk.”


“Ah... I see. Why did Princess Chelsea return home?”

“Many things are happening in the kingdom that demands her attention.”

“I see.”


The eerie silence makes Shiloh uncomfortable as she continues to walk behind James. The sinking feeling of eyes pressed on her back makes her question her welcoming. She turns her head towards the left then right preparing for combat she places her grip on her claymore.


“Do not worry. Prince Xillian would not have his ally be attacked in his own home.”

“I'll be the judge of that. How much longer are we?”

“We are here...”

Shiloh looks around seeing no one in the empty throne room. Her face turns her from her impatience and anger that she takes a fighting stance. Her sword then brings out the power of her essence as Valkyrie wings surround the side of her great sword.


“Please put your weapon away. The Counsel of Light is behind the seat of his Majesty.”


James presses his hand under the chair's handle unlocking the wall to open a secret chamber. James bows down as he motions towards the dark chamber urging Shiloh to enter.


There she runs inside making haste meet with Prince Xillian and capture Frixell Logix. As she runs towards the chamber the abyss catches her off guard causing her to almost trip down the stairs. With her quick reflex she plants her hands on the ground then flips herself on the bottom of the staircase.


She then sees a wooden door closed by the bottom of the stairs. She runs towards the door using her brute strength to force it open. There the door slams as she startles many of the people inside the Counsel.


“Who are you?! This is a closed court room only those with permission may enter!” Demanded an old man wear a yellow cloak.


“I am Shiloh Aldwin; Wind Fortress to her Majesty Princess Chelsea.”


“T-the Wind Fortress?! The same 2nd Lieutenant Aldwin who single-handedly defeated our Platinum Knights from seven years ago?!”


“Aye, that would be me, good Sir.”


Shiloh looks around to see a young short girl in the middle of the court room. Her eyes burning with the hot intensity of the sun burning brightly red before her. The symbol on her side begins to glow causing her pain and almost paralyzes her.


The young girl with raven hair and eyes like rubies tilts her head towards the Wind fortress. Shiloh immediately places her hand over her essence; powerful essence lies with the girl she thinks to herself.

Then a young man taller than Shiloh with poise and grace greets her in kindness.


“Hello, Shiloh Aldwin. I am Prince Xillian, may I ask why you are here?” Xill smiles to the knight catching her off guard with his smolder.


“Her Majesty has social-economic issues that demand her attention. I am here as a substitute to witness the Actions of Frixell Logix.”


The young girl points to herself in confusions then glares at Xill. Prince Xill laughs at her facial expression then welcomes Shiloh with open arms.


“Please take a seat anymore... For Judgment will soon be placed upon Frixell's soul.”


Shiloh nods then takes a seat near Prince Xillian since Princess Chelsea was the one invited. Shiloh feeling uncomfortable as ever feels drawn to Frixell's personality. She shakes her head reminding herself why she is here.


“Frixell Logix; Daughter of Charles Logix. Is it true that you burn down your own village?”


“No.”


The councilmen and Shiloh awe in surprise the judge hammers down with his screams to cease the rude noise.


“You claim that this accusation placed upon you is false? However, would you deny that you are the Essence of Spade?”


“I do not agree to the court charges I am not plotting a scam to go against the Crowns of the Land. I am indeed the Essence of Spade.”


Shiloh grips onto her green skirt wanting to blow everyone away and kidnap the young maiden. However, her stern voice makes her eager to what she has to say.


“That night I awoke from my cottage where my father and I reside. I smelt the burning flesh spreading in the village. I noticed that my father wasn't in bed for I have been healing him with my essence since his injuries were grave. I then saved my friend, John, who was trapped in the newly established school building where Prince Xillian demanded to be built in our village.”


More screams and shouts roam in the room for many disagree with Frixell's words. Shiloh looks out to the girl agreeing with the men that she is not telling the truth. Zests are monsters and Shiloh knew she was one of them for she has already killed and slaughter many innocent people, but what makes Frixell different?


“You know young Logix, we do not agree with you.”


“Then you should open your ears you old b******s! My fire can only heal it cannot burn!”


“You say that now, what's to come of the day your essence shall not burn lives?”


“BECAUSE I AM IN CONTROL OF MYSELF!”


Shiloh astonishes watching Frixell closely the feeling of envy and fear crept into her heart. The wind is no different from fire and yet... she has the strength to deny the actions people accuse her of. The wind should be free not contained in a castle.


There Shiloh continues listening to the confusing power Frixell displays before the court. She stands there in confidence, however, shaking at the same time. The marvelous ruby eyes fix Shiloh's vision of the Zest of Spade. Shiloh then looks at the document that Princess Chelsea has ordered her to do.


“Capture... Frixell Logix...”



© 2016 Alyssa B. Long


Author's Note

Alyssa B. Long
Shiloh Aldwind's Character "Theme" song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XqkWfScqo&index=6

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on February 24, 2016
Tags: Adventure, Mature, Fantasy, Romance, Comedy


Author

Alyssa B. Long
Alyssa B. Long

About
Just a girl dreaming to write for a JRPG game one day. Please keep in mind all of the characters in my stories are mine! I will sue, if taken for credit. All of my characters are designed by me an.. more..

Writing