Chapter Seven; Essence of Thalia Rayne

Chapter Seven; Essence of Thalia Rayne

A Chapter by Alyssa B. Long
"

The Water Panther has entered the field! But she's not who she once was... Will her light die by the hand of Princess Chelsea?

"

The bitter clod continues to keep her vitalize, the blue crystal surrounding her entire body prevents the Knight from escaping her imprisonment.  The still short auburn hair with silver highlights glows alongside the diamonds that lay beside her.  Her amber eyes strong like coppery tint matching the eyes of a panther.


Like many civilians; Thalia too has tan skin is a simple beige on it’s on. Her oval face symmetrical with her eyes.  Unlike Shiloh, Thalia has a wide forehead with prominent cheekbones; many admire Thalia Rayne’s natural beauty; for her face and petite body is the ideal shape for women.


Thalia has a small amount of armor. She wears a long blue-green cape with a green mini-skirt. Her long slender left leg exposes the crystal-like tattoo; the mark of the Water Essence. The water is never calm; however, Thalia always keeps a level-head in battle.


Many know Thalia for her monstrous strength that is incomparable with the strongest warriors of all the land.  However, many do not believe this at first glance for Thalia is quite petite for her size.
For a brief moment she holds onto the Claymore Princess Chelsea presented her on the Day of Discovery.

 A momentous day for Oiorpatra kingdom, where they finally found their greatest weapons: Shiloh Aldwin, the Wind Fortress, and the Essence of Wind; Then Thalia Rayne, the Water Panther, and the Essence of Water.  

Thalia is a girl with a heart deep as water whose soul tireless searches for a cycle.  Seeking new knowledge to feed her curiosity’s hungry. To also find a light to keep the meaning of life intact.

Not only was it the day of Discovery, but it was the same day Thalia had met Shiloh. Shiloh was only 5 years old when she had slaughtered everyone in village. No one dared approached the Essence of Wind for her power was out of control.

At that time, the young girl wasn’t understood by anyone. She longed to be loved by others; however, no one would show such compassion or generosity. Thalia, however, guided the girl through parental love and a vow: “Even if the cruel passage of time should wear the threads of my memory wear thin that cause them to break, I will always remember you; My dear friend”.

Time progress that the two girls were captured by the Silver Knights of Oirorpatra kingdom.  Shiloh had turned 7 years earning the title of “Wind Fortress”. Although no one exactly knows what had happened that day. Shiloh and the previous King of Oirorpatra can reclaim those lost memories.

Unlike Shiloh, Thalia became feared throughout their kingdom.  She is the 1st Lieutenant of the Silver Knights is known far-across the world for her symbolic strength, ferocity, and power. Those who have faced this strong knight have perished in battle and never live to tell the tale.

Thalia Rayne, a ravage beast who killed many through the arts of the sword.  She drew blood from her enemies to make a point of government corruption, however, no one agreed with her since it were conspiracies.  Thalia did not want bloodshed, yet her anger for Princess Chelsea was high and freedom became a goal.

She fought with many brave civilians who offered assistance to create a revolution. Many perished from the Silver Knights commanded by Princess Chelsea. Yet, that did not stop Thalia Rayne; she pushed through like a panther slaughtering who was in her way.

Blood did not phase her, she swung and killed in the name of freedom. Thalia killed many knights like pigs in a barn.  With her brute strength she was unstoppable.

Her assets earned her the title of Water Panther for she strikes like the courageous and loyal national animal that founded Oiorpatra kingdom.  Inside this prison like chamber is where all life begins to grow, Thalia continues to give water enough to hydrate the citizens of the kingdom. Though she is a famous knight, Princess Chelsea forbids this knight from leaving the palace grounds.

Each day Thalia sits by the diamonds mined by young boys earning their pay to live and she whips them if they were to ever stall for time.  Many days she would torment their souls by slashing the water to skin their bodies, to show her authority over them. Thalia continues to follow Princess Chelsea’s commands and has found reassurance within her Highness.

The cold breeze that tickles her cheeks once every two weeks reminds her of her dear pupil, Shiloh. The unbearable bond they struggle to maintain has been tarnish by the Princess through torment, torture, and pain.  However, Thalia no longer holds value in their friendship for the amount of years that has passed.

Thalia walks around the dusty mine, where she sleeps, eats, and breathes. The only time the Princess allows her to leave the mine, is where war occurs. Each day Thalia continues to eat fish delicacies while maintaining her petite like figure.

Thalia’s clean cut hair always ends up messy in the morning, however, since her separation from Shiloh; she has lost the desire to continue learning and fighting for justice. Thalia now understands how powerful the government has become and is no longer the strong, independent, woman she once knew.

Thalia keeps surveillance over the working boys and men mining for diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and searching for God’s Stone; the strongest metal known to man. The musky smell of labor emitting from the innocent workers often makes Thalia feel ill. The disgusting sweat then eludes their bodies always disturbed her.

The labor only reminds Thalia of the harshness reality has to offer if it were known of her existence.  The ill feeling of needing food, shelter, and water. Thalia laughs to herself then stops as many of them continue working.

She understands that the main power Princess Chelsea holds over her was Thalia’s soul. Princess Chelsea broke Thalia’s kindred spirit and the voice that sought justice to end corrupted governments. Now Thalia is merely a puppet following every command the Princess demands.

“Thalia” a girlish high pitch voice echoes throughout the mines. Thalia stands in “ATTENTION” facing the East Corridors of the mines. The slaves then continues to work diligently as the Princess passes down evaluating on their work.

“Yes your Highness?”

“Have you heard?”

“No, Your Majesty.”

“I have sent Shiloh on an important mission!~”

“I see…”

“Does that anger you my 1st Lieutenant?”

“No Princess Chelsea..”

“Well have you heard that there are more Zest other than you and Shiloh?”
“It is common knowledge Your Highness, that there’d be seven of us in total.”

Princess Chelsea’s face flushes red as she walks over slapping Thalia’s cheek. However, due to the softness of the Princess’ hand the impact did nothing to the knight. Thalia with her head turn, slowly returns her gaze to Chelsea with a calm face.

“How dare you question my intellect! You filthy w***e!” Princess Chelsea pulls out a whip then begins slashes out on the Knight.

Thalia simply closes her eyes taking all the beatings. Thalia’s abdominal muscles begin to tighten before the impact occurs. Her breath being knocked out of her has known to be a natural reaction from the severe beatings from the Princess.

Thalia exhale all the air from her lungs, which cases to automatically tighten her body, shoulders, curling inwards pulling back. Thalia not taken by surprise fails to achieve flight mode to protect herself. A loss of fine motor control and a bitter taste in the mouth leaves her feeling the need to defend herself, but refuses too.

The Knight’s body feels surprise, however, Thalia unable to move continues to receive the punishment of the Royal. The Princess heavily sweats with each strike hitting the knight like a snake toying with a prey. The devilish smirk on her face only makes the delight of harming the knight enjoyable.

No one stops the Princess many hear the whippings and skin ripping from the Knight’s body. Each strike her body twitches dangling in the air like a puppet with no strings. In that moment, Thalia looks up to the spec of stars wishing and hoping to be “herself once more”.

The Princess feels neither remorse nor empathy towards Thalia’s pain. The Knight can only continue to accept the pain as the lashing continues. Soon with Princess Chelsea’s breathing the beatings stop.

“I am perfect in every other way. The mere thought you of you questioning me is revolting it. How dare you, I am a Royal and loved by all. I am the Perfect creation of the Goddess Seles and blessed by beauty and intelligence by the God Aiden.”

“Forgive me your Highness, I did not mean to question your perfection.”

“Yes you are correct. I am indeed unique and perfect in every way.”

“Yes…”

“So! My dear shining knight, is there anything else to report?”

“No your Majesty.”

Princess Chelsea folds her arms thinking to herself as she looks down at Thalia. The knight keeps her composure, however, with the amount of pain her body is going through it cannot stop shaking. Princess Chelsea smirks at the knight then lifts her chin.

“Do you love me?”

“Yes Princess…”

“You know how much I hate you and Shiloh?”

“How much…?”

“I love you more than diamonds. No one can compare to you… Not even the Goddess... Seles…”

“Right! And who loves you, Thalia Rayne?”

“No one your Majesty…”

“Gosh my dear! You are so smart, no one loves you. You are nothing more than a mere soldier for my protection. If I howl of your assistance you will die for me.”

“Excellent choice, Princess Chelsea…”

“Good! Now it’s the first of the month. It is time for your contribution to your kingdom.”

“Yes Milady.”

The Silver Knight then reattach her chains, a priest with silver ornaments in a white robe holds her left arm while another with her right. The Princess then holds a thick needle like object thrusting it’s injection into Thalia’s arm. Her body then begins to shake violently due to the amount of pain that is bestowed upon Thalia’s body.

The crystal-like tattoo on her left thigh glows brightly in the color blue. Dominating the area with its presence many surrounding the knight move five feet away from her. Her beautiful amber eyes then turn cold blue as water escapes gracefully from her mouth.

The water is gently, however, it is sometimes uncontrollable. Thalia Rayne is the first to controller her Essence both gracefully and painfully.  The chains around her wrists and ankles prevent Thalia from escaping or hurting herself.

The water emitting from me mouth glow like the night sky radiating so beautiful only to be found revolting from Princess Chelsea. Thalia’s spirit broken like her essence only to be called upon when the Princess demands it. The water then soon surrounds the adult knight concealing her in a water bubble leaving no air for anyone, but Thalia to breathe.

The needle injection the Princess has bestow on Thalia is now withdrawing water from the knight’s veins. Her veins becoming visible from her body turning her blood into water. The water drawn from Thalia’s body is pure crystallize water, the purest of the pure. Thalia’s body feels out of control as her veins begin to appear throughout her body.

Thalia looks up feeling like she is in the deep sea. A wish she has longed for since she was five years old. However, being chained like a prisoner never having the right to leave this prison her dream will never come to fruition. Thalia’s spirit wavers between, but a small glimmer of hope keeps her alive.

“The gorgeous sea… I hope you have seen it already… Shiloh…”

The young knight whose tears turn into pearls are slowly being collected by the priests. Everything about Thalia has become a production to keep Princess Chelsea in gold and glory. Not only was Thalia a producer, but she is also an ultimate weapon if war were to rise.

“What happened to me?”

Thalia whispers a question to herself over and over again. The Water Panther, many have feared and fleed from the moment she set her foot in a village or city. No one will know the anguish pain of wanting to free from pain, misery, or tyranny.

Thalia had many dreams like stars always being wished upon in the night sky. Now, like a flower, they all have wilted with age and reality. Tears are sullied and her spirit can no longer be free, Thalia’s motivation for life is a mere illusion she created for herself.

The shameful hollow and emptiness she feels inside continues to destroy the knight. Everyday is a loss for Thalia, however, she forces herself to continue to work for Princess Chelsea. A smile never returned to the knight for the amount of pain she receives from Princess Chelsea.

Thalia has the inability to construct or envision a future without the torments of Princess Chelsea. Thalia continues to slip into depression feeling like she has fallen down a dark bottomless shaft, wondering if and when her fall will ever be caught. She looks back to where she has fallen from, but is unable to decipher the person she once was.

The strength of loneliness grows each day inside her heart. Thalia wants to scream in a field where no one can hear. Her mind paralyze and does not understand its meaning.

Thalia’s depression is silence; no matter how much success she brings to Princess Chelsea she is in isolation. The dark voices from the princess only get louder by the day “Your birth has no meaning. You are a monster built for me”.

“Nothing seems to matter… who was I?”

“Do you understand now Thalia?”

“Yes?”

“No one will come save you. You’re an Essence and no one gives a s**t about you.”

“Yes… Princess…”

A voice deep inside Thalia wants to escape from all the pain. Yet, no one can hear her pain and her depression continues to get stronger. She is losing the amount of self-care and continues to bid to Princess Chelsea’s whim.

“Now back to Shiloh, if she doesn’t come back with the Essence of Fire you will engage in battle with the Light Kingdom.”

“Essence of Fire?”

“Yes, her name is Frixell Logix and Great Prince Xillian is to close with her!”

“Does that anger you, Your Majesty?”

“YES! If Shiloh does not return… go and retrieve her.”

The words Thalia longed for escaping from the cruelty of Princess Chelsea has finally come true.  The beat of her heart jumps to joy of the mere act of freedom she is granted. However, she must follow the direct orders of the Princess.

“How long has Shiloh been away?”

“A week. I told her to return in two weeks.”

“I see…”

The water surrounding Thalia soon disassembles before her eyes. The pit feeling her stomach holds gives her cramps causing her to feel nausea.  Soon her natural skin tan color return to her, making her less beaten.

The shackles that bind her breaks from her strength as the priest quake in fear. Thalia then bows with her head low to the ground. The Princess shows her foot to Thalia forcing her to kiss the beige skin before the knight.

Thalia hesitates, but takes the Royal foot granting the command. Her tight lips press gently onto the kiss. Thalia knows no matter how much she wishes to escape she belongs to Princess Chelsea.

 

 

 

 



© 2016 Alyssa B. Long


Author's Note

Alyssa B. Long
Thalia Rayne's "theme song": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUl_zuLVL9M

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
Added on May 24, 2016
Last Updated on May 24, 2016


Author

Alyssa B. Long
Alyssa B. Long

About
Just a girl dreaming to write for a JRPG game one day. Please keep in mind all of the characters in my stories are mine! I will sue, if taken for credit. All of my characters are designed by me an.. more..

Writing