DRIVING FOOL?

DRIVING FOOL?

A Chapter by EdenEve

While driving to work the most ironic thing happened the song YMCA was requested by some fool (LEE) and another fool (me) started doing the dance. I was stuck at a stoplight doing the dance and a bunch of people who happened to pass by stared at me like I was some freak. Embarrassed to the highest level with the blood rushing to my head I sunk low into the seat while waiting impatiently for the light to turn green. When it did I hightailed it out of there like that road runner that always says “MEEP MEEP”.

 

 

“Hey yeah, you your locker number is 208”

            “okay…….. What’s the combo?”

“Combo?”

            “Short for combination”

“Oh, yeah that, well that should be on the inside of your locker”

   Great I got an idiot for a manager, what a cruel world

            “Thanks” a lot idiot

As I put away all my crap the door opened, I wasn’t watching, but I felt a eerie shaft hit the room so I left without even looking who came in,. why do I feel like someone is staring at me, alwell got to get this over with or deal with that crypt keeper of a maid at home.

 As I walked in the only thing I could smell in the bright and fluorescent room was the smell of bleach and some random, unknown type of smell I wasn’t about to investigate. As my eyes adjusted to the bright colors and pictures that adorned the wall I got used to the surroundings I would soon call work. I remember the day my mom said to go get a job at the “Y”…..

“Jaaaayden, get your butt down here”

                        “whaaaat”  I called from upstairs

            “I said get your butt down here”

                        Eesh get a grip Laura I only call her mom in front of her just to be a pleaser. Although she doesn’t even deserve that, you see my mom lost her husband in a “horrible accident” and it happened to be the best day of my life since the fact that my own birth father left her for a w***e in some town in Michigan(refer to some “horrible accident”). Although my mom has “boyfriends” none of them are all that nice and can be real a******s. The last one was some banker from some blah, blah bank with a gold tooth who happened to think it was nice to send my brother and I off the day before I had finals so they could “get it on”. My mom herself is so clutsy she cant even hold down a job and is living off her inheritance from her parents who died back in the early 2000’s and the money she got when husband #2 died. She also isn’t the best of mothers, my brother from husband #2 never had a mom come to a parent-teacher meeting, or anything else that required a parent since ironically every time, something “important” popped up when some parent has to be involved.(“important”- touring some other state, anything else- mother’s day, father’s day, Christmas, new years….etc.)

                        “what mom”

            “yes, um Jayden I think its time you get a job”

                        What?! “What?!” I thought and spoke at the same time

            “I think it’s about time you get a job so you can help pay for some expenses” (expenses- the cost of living for my brother Jordan and I) my mom wasn’t very creative at making up names.

            “Well me and my new hubby are going to be gone a lot for his job and I can’t always send you and your brother money so I need you to save up for those times” she got married to husband #3 a month before school started in the fall. I wonder when he’ll die ………

            “Ummm hello Aron, Aron are you on this planet. Hello” I was brought back to the present “My name is not Aron, its Jayden, this place is to cheap to buy me a name tag”

            “um, okay well welcome to the staff my name is Elie”

As I looked up I saw the most gorgous thing in my life a 6’, black haired, blue eyed Adonis. Man is he sexy, but im not falling for the hot guy thing again I already learned my lesson any way my 5’ 7”, brown haired, green eyed self wouldn’t be able to land another guy like that “Elie, that’s an interesting name”

            “well so is Jayden”

                        “sorry my mom isn’t very creative she got the name off some soap opera she had seen while in labor”

            “okay, so do you know what to do?”

                        “me?, not a clue, remember I just started here”

            “sorry, well basically you watch these kids until someone picks them up later on today”

                        “is that it?”

            “close enough, but these little kids can be a little crazy at times”

                        “tell me about it, I used to pass an elementary school on the walk home from school and the little kids would always attack” I added with a shiver

            “that sounds scary, but these kids aren’t as bad, come on I’ll introduce you to them” he added

                        “okay, I guess I should atleast know there names since I’ll be seeing their faces all summer” I hope I don’t die

  



© 2009 EdenEve


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on June 14, 2009
Last Updated on June 16, 2009


Author

EdenEve
EdenEve

Writing
ME? ME?

A Chapter by EdenEve


PIANO? PIANO?

A Chapter by EdenEve