Words of the Speechless

Words of the Speechless

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

In this chapter, we learn alot more about Xavier and a little bit about Abigail, the story makes a bit of progress and a relationship develops between the characters.

"

It is January 7th, 2014

 

It's wednesday, and i started to get Xavier out of my head, well, i tried too. I've always had an obsession with mysterys and Xavier was a walking, living one. I started talking to my friends about him constantly, asking question after question, such as "I wonder what he's thinking about?" or "Why is he so quiet?", Sidney was my off and on boyfriend at the time, so i didn't mention him too much to Sidney, the only thing he has ever said about Xavier was "He looks, and acts like a freak, i don't want you near him." Although he was my boyfriend, i rejected his demands, He had a little hissy fit but eventually got over it. When my third period class ended i followed Xavier to his next class and before he got there, the hallway had cleared. I softly grasped his shoulder and said "Hey, I'm Abigail..." He stopped and looked at me with the straight face that is pasted on the front of his skin-covered pale skull, and said softly "My name is Xavier Cash Fox, i see you mean well, What do you need?" It was the first time i had heard his voice, it was a soft, almost scratchy voice that you couldn't misunderstand.

It took me 10 seconds to reply to him with "I just thought i would introduce myself, it's nice to meet you, Xavier."

Despite making a new friend, his expression remained the same, he replied "Likewise, Abigail."

He had such straightforward responses, and a normal accent, it was almost frightening how "Normal" he was, almost that of a cyborg.

I knew better than to believe that nonsense, though.

We kept walking to his class, but slowly, We exchanged information about eachother, the only thing i actually learned was his age. Everytime i asked about his family, or his past, he wouldn't answer. So i moved on to the last topic.

I asked "Who's your best friend?" And i admit, i asked it in the stupidest voice ever.
He got closer to me and looked into my eyes with the same face, but a little more anger.

He got almost nose to nose with me, and exclaimed with a whisper "Do you not see how your peers treat me? Utter disrespect for somebody who is different, it is a disgrace, a tragedy, a failure to society that one must be bullied for not following the popular culture of modern day teenagers." He stepped back, and walked on to his class after a faint whisper saying "Good day, Abigail.."

 



© 2014 Douglas Levi Gribbins


Author's Note

Douglas Levi Gribbins
I wrote this off the top of my head, so i welcome critics

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite good, has a lot of mystery and I found it gripping. Awesome work, I'd love to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I Think it's pretty cool but, you kind of rushed into a lot of details without giving much detail. You should try and maybe add a little more dialogue.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Douglas Levi Gribbins

10 Years Ago

I admire your honesty, it is quite a challenge doing this book when Xavier is a very untalkative per.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on March 14, 2014
Tags: Xavier, Fox, Girl, Quiet, Information, Abigail