Jacob/Jordan: Prologue

Jacob/Jordan: Prologue

A Chapter by Henners_Lewis

Life’s been different recently, ever since the ‘change’ happened. It hasn't hit him fully yet, everyone else has passed their first and second critical periods. The last of whom to reach it was his ex best friend Duggy (Druggy to the rest of the school). That was three months ago.

A feeling of fear has settled within him, the idea that perhaps he won’t get any of his abilities. The first one is meant to come at the age of seven and the second is meant to appear at the age of 16. Neither of his have come yet and now verging on 17 a sense of worry was prominent and with every passing day it seems like his abilities are just getting further and further away. Jacob is the last developer in his year at school, possibly of all time. He had done everything within his power to help them on their way but apart from making him more physically fitter it didn't do anything else. He had been constantly bullied about it for as long as he could remember. Jacob had been forced to move school at the age of eight due to the constant torment of his peers and the death of his sister. After one day of school Jacob had been severely beaten up to the point of hospitalisation where he remained for several weeks. The police couldn't find any evidence- due to the fact the chief of police’s son was the main culprit.

Majority of his life has been a massive lie. As far as people know his name is Jordan Burton and he’s from Wales; parents are living at home at the moment and he is as straight as a ruler. None of that is even true any more, even Jordan knew he hasn't even got a welsh accent. Jordan’s real parents aren't even around too ‘busy’ in their own affairs to care; but that’s only because he knew they just don’t want to see him. The amount of times he nearly let something about the real him slip. The most difficult thing is to keep my real name secret; he had written it down on several school books but half way through he would feel a gentle nudge from next to me. The only person apart from family- for all intensive purposes- that knows his true name is the best friend Tom Jarrett. Ever since Jordan had arrived in Coppelburg almost ten years ago he had always been fierce friends with him. He knew everything about Tom and Jordan know everything (as far as he was aware) about him. He had corrected and nudged Jordan many times during casual conversations with other people about where he was really from and his true identity. He had always called him by his real name as he preferred it much more than his make-shift name.

Jordan completely hated his real name too but he believed that by keeping his real name alive it kept the memory of his past pain and memories alive too especially his sister. It was certainly not a particularly lucky name and just seemed to bring suffering to any that know and especially bear it. Because of this Jordan was intent on forgetting what had happened in the past and when his kismets finally came he would show them off to the world and they would stand in awe of Jacob Graves! 



© 2012 Henners_Lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012


Author

Henners_Lewis
Henners_Lewis

Norwich, Norfolk (east), United Kingdom



About
Hey I'm henners, I am gay; have a lovely boyfriend. I love to write, love watching films and listening to music! I love the actor Matthew Lewis, he is both a fantastic actor, a genuinely nice person, .. more..

Writing