Jacob/Jordan: 1

Jacob/Jordan: 1

A Chapter by Henners_Lewis

The sun beamed upon the sandy track, burning the rocks under the boy’s feet. He continued to walk briskly down the path towards the sun- which was waking up and starting the new day. He winced with every step as the stones scratched the soles of his feet blood occasionally dripping from beneath his ankles. He pushed on regardless, pulling up his pyjama bottoms, his grey top flowed as the wind hit him from behind. The short dark brown hair waved as the wind hit him flattening all the sticking up regions whilst ruffling up everywhere else. He raised a rough looking hand and pushed it through his hair pushing it back to something a little more styled, even though he knew it still probably looked awful.

The scenery had changed somewhat from what had originally seen when he had woken from his deep sleep. This was now the fourth time he had awoken there but was still just as shocked as he had been the first time he awoken there. It was always the same place; the same clearing; same trees; same ruined wall and same cold feel when he awoke. Every time he closed his eyes the same image of the wall and the trees was there as if imprinted on his retinas. Every night he would pray by the side of his bed in the hope that someone would hear him and stop him from ending up in that cursed place. He carried on moving; letting his mind wonder to what his parents were going to say upon his arrival home. Plans of what he would have to tell them popped into his head, he was tempted to stick to the same old story of ‘I don’t know what happened I must have sleepwalked again’. That answer never seemed to satisfy mum and would leave her asking question like: ‘Are you sure you were sleepwalking’ or ‘Is there something we can do to help?’ After hearing that he always thought ‘If there was something I could do about it I would have surely done something about it by now.’

He finally can to an abrupt stop, resting next to an old crooked tree. He allowed his eyes to wander; scanning the tree from the bottom upwards until they rested upon a familiar and unnerving spot. As he creep closer thoughts appear in my head: ‘what if this whole sleepwalking thing is coz I have some psychological problem.’ That idea was stuck in his head as he was merely a couple of feet away from the plaque; his feet now engulfed in the silky grass, which now nestled inside his large toes.

He rubbed his fingers against the plaque; rubbing off the spiders webs and the bird poo falling from the branch above his head where a nest was always present.

‘Rebecca Graves

1996-2003

Loving sister and best friend’

A tear forms in the corner of his eye, falling from the centre of the tear duct. He always believed it was strange to think that his little sister-who, he just realised he was standing on- died eight years ago. Maybe that’s what it is; a reminder of the past, as he had previously thought.

“Hey Jordan, you crying again!?” The rest of the tears that had formed disappeared or fell to the floor.

“What do you want?” Jordan’s voice was shaking and croaking as he got out the words which had only just left his lips.

“What are you doin’ here queer boy?” The same voice as before leapt towards Jordan, leaving only a harsh and uncomfortable sensation behind once the final syllable had left his mouth.

“Hang on are you in pyjamas?” A torrent of laughter followed as they all noticed. Jordan was not sure whether the reason for the laughter was because they actually thought it was funny or whether they were trying to seem tough to Jim. Jordan could tell even with his back turned that the leader, Jim, was smirking “They don’t even fit.” More laughter followed. Jordan looked down and saw that the bottoms of his trousers were raised half way up his shins. He knew that they didn't fit as well any more but nowhere near as bad as that.

“You can’t talk about not fitting clothes Eric; you bring a whole new meaning to the term muffin top.” Jordan turned around; putting a brave smile on then twisting it into a smirk returning the favour. “You do realise that I don’t give a s**t what you say to me it won’t take away the fact that you’re all s***s and only popular due to the fact you can’t resist putting your leg over anything that moves. Last time I heard didn't you have sex with the fifty year old woman down the end of your road...”

“What did you say?! What did you say?!” Jim straightened up, growing at least 2 inches.

“You know exactly what I said Jim!” Jordan straightened up too but doesn't reply for a while, “What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue?” The adrenaline was pumping through Jordan’s veins leaving Jordan with no concept of what he was saying before it had been said.  

A fire grew in Jim’s eyes as he made his way towards Jordan with the chavy swagger he possesses, and stood in front of him; his nose levelled with Jordan’s forehead. Although Jim was taller, Jordan was much stronger and not scared to fight Jim any more.

He knew nothing of Jordan’s past and what he was capable of even without any kismets (abilities or destinies as they are also called). Out of the corner of my eye Jordan saw his fist light up with flames.

Although the flames seemed to be getting bigger Jordan still felt he should stand his own ground. He was about to stand down when he heard a crunch of feet on leaves to his right side- the path leading from the city.

“Oh you two pack it in and stop staring into each other’s eyes,” a light chuckle emanated from the boy. It was Tom and he automatically filled Jordan with sense of happiness and relief.

The daggers stopped being thrown at Jordan and Jim shuck Tom’s hand and they shared a ‘man hug’ or whatever it is. His clothes have got noticeably better since he had been hanging out in Jim’s group. He looked at Jordan; a small smile emerges however not enough to draw attention to him.

“Look you've made your piece so just leave it be, Jordan now knows not to do anything rash don’t you?” The rest of the gang turn to look at him with their beady eyes scanning his response. Tom looked at Jordan expectantly.

“Yeah whatever” Jordan replied as quickly as possible just loud enough for them to hear but he knew he would certainly not repeat it again.  

“Awkward!” Eric exclaimed after a few seconds of silence. “Let’s go, he’s not worth it” As Eric turns away he hoists up his trousers then grabbed his side fat trying to manage the sheer volume of it. Jordan realised that maybe he had helped Eric come to terms with his weight or alternatively he could have ruined his life but at he didn't care, the end of the day months of torment and hate against one small thing. ‘Seemed fair’, Jordan thought.

“See ya later guys” shouted Tom “I'm gonna make my own way home from here.” He waves once; then looks straight at Jordan.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Jacob, calm yourself down” Jordan knew he means it; he only called him Jacob when he’s angry.

“Sorry I just couldn't help myself” Jordan looked down at the floor trying hard to hide the smile which covered his face.

A hand rested on his shoulder. Jordan looked up. Tom is right there next to Jordan; their noses barely one inch apart. He rested the other hand on his other shoulder and grasped both firmly.

“I just don’t wanna see you get hurt that’s all” Jordan’s smile shrunk slightly. “Promise me you won’t do that again.”

“Why should I? I can only just call you my friend any more; I just don’t understand what happened between us.” Jordan replied earnestly.

“Someone had to grow up and it just happened to be me” He replied solemnly.

“So that’s what it was then? By suddenly becoming popular it means you've grown up!” More anger than before rose up within Jordan; fists clenched tightly. Jordan’s finger nails slowly imbed themselves into the palms of his hands.

“No that’s not what I meant. What I meant to say was I still value your friendship but I'm popular now so you’re gonna have to grow up and learn to deal with it” Jordan’ smile flattened, as he pushed Tom’s arms off of him and punched him in the jaw. He recoiled, looking at Jordan in shock struggling to understand what just happened.

Jordan ran for it, not looking back for anything or anyone. A knot formed in the innermost regions of his stomach. He tried to rationalise it by thinking that he deserved it but it didn’t help. Jordan had pushed his one and only friend away. The sudden realisation hit him... he was alone. 



© 2012 Henners_Lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on December 10, 2012


Author

Henners_Lewis
Henners_Lewis

Norwich, Norfolk (east), United Kingdom



About
Hey I'm henners, I am gay; have a lovely boyfriend. I love to write, love watching films and listening to music! I love the actor Matthew Lewis, he is both a fantastic actor, a genuinely nice person, .. more..

Writing