Meeting the One

Meeting the One

A Chapter by Nessa

Two

 

            Parker stepped on the marta train, already getting a headache. She sat down on one of the benches and sat her stuff down. Ugh she thought. She looked around her train car and smiled at a little girl that was standing across from her. She looked away and down at her hands, she couldn't help but fidget and mumble to herself. She was tired but very energetic because of the omelets she had earlier that morning. She looked up again to find a man smiling down at her and her heart started beating fast. She smiled up at him and waved hi and looked back down at her fidgeting hands.

 

“Hi” the man whispered

 

She jumped and looked back up at the man. “H-hi” she stuttered

 

He chuckled and sat down beside her. “You shy?”

 

She looked back down at her hands that now seemed like they were vibrating because they were shaking so much. “Y-y-yeah”

 

He smiled at her. “No need to be. I am new in town, I came here because I was offered a job.” He smirked. “I am trying to make friends seeing as I am new in this town”

 

She blushed. “Well welcome to Georgia” she smiled small.

 

“Thank you”

 

“Your welc-come” she looked back up at him

 

“So, whats your name? I'm Ryan” he held out his hand to shake Parker's.

 

“I-I'm Parker” she shook Ryan's hand and smiled up at him.

 

“That's a beautiful name”

 

“Thanks” she gushed.

 

“Your welcome”

 

“I like your name too”

 

“Thank you” he smiled. Shy but beautiful He thought to himself, blushing at the thought.

 

            She blushed too, but she didn't know why. She was so shy is all she knew. She giggled under her breath, noticing that she was all of a sudden starting to relax and she didn't know what to think of it but it felt amazing to her. She felt her face heat up from the blushing and she giggled.

 

Ryan smirked. “Why are you giggling?” he chuckled.

 

She felt he face get hotter. “No reason” she smiled and took her cellphone out to see that her friend had texted her.

 

            She texted her back and looked up to find that her stop was next and she needed to get ready. She started to gather her stuff and sat still next to Ryan.

 

“Is your stop next?” he frowned

 

“Yeah. I'm sorry” she frowned too, feeling upset that she had to leave her new friend already.

 

“Nah, its okay. You work for a hospital?”

 

“Yeah. I love the job and hate the hours” she complained.

 

“I bet. That's a hospital for you” he chuckled.

 

“Yep” she giggled and stood up, seeing the hospital coming up in front of her.

 

“It was nice talking to you” he smiled sweetly

 

            Parker looked at Ryan as he smiled at her and her heart almost melted. She was numb and could barely stand up. She felt so woozy and uncontrollable that she almost fell over but snapped out of it before she knew it. She looked down and then back up at Ryan and then at the hospital. She realized she had 3 minutes til she had to get off.

 

“Oh! The hospital! We're almost there!” she squeaked

 

Ryan chuckled. “Yeah. My stop is the next one after this so I should be getting ready too.” he grabbed his suitcase and stood up.

 

“Oh, cool” she smiled at him and then looked to find they were almost there.

 

Ryan tapped Parker's shoulder and she turned around. “Yeah?” Parker looked up at him.

 

“I was wondering that maybe you would wanna maybe go out for dinner with me sometime this week” he gushed.

 

Parker blushed red as fire “Sure” she smiled and felt her face all of a sudden cool off.

 

“Awesome!” he paused and then cleared his throat. “I mean... Cool”

 

Parker laughed and smiled at him. “Its okay to act a little foolish every now and then!”

 

Ryan laughed and gave her his card. “That card has all of my new information on it, new number, workplace and everything. Call me tonight and we could make a date and time!” he smiled at her

 

“Okay” she saw the hospital in front of her, “Well I am gonna be on my way now. Goodbye!”

 

“Goodbye” he smiled sweetly once more, forcing Parker's heart to melt and feel numb again.

 

            Parker smiled at him and turned away walking out of the marta train and heading towards the hospital. She started running when she realized what time it is was then stopped and turned around to find Ryan coming up to her. She stopped cold in her steps waiting for Ryan to catch up.

 

“Hey, did I accidentally grab something of yours or what?” she smiled at him as he walked towards her

 

“Nope” he smiled back, stood in font of her and pulled her into a kiss.

 

            Parker felt herself relax and she started to kiss him back, feeling herself start to melt and go numb. She had no clue about what was going on, all she knew was that she had just been kissed by a guy she just met. She sighed and pulled away from him, looking at him, wondering why he all of a sudden decided to do this.

 

            Ryan stared at Parker, wondering to himself why he did this and he felt his face burning because of it. He tried to open his mouth and explain but he felt his mouth be sealed shut by his reason... he had no reason. His heart started beating quickly and he felt his body go numb.

 

“W-wha-what just happened?” Parker stuttered

 

Ryan looked at Parker's stunned face. “I kissed an amazing girl” He felt himself relax and found his reason for doing what he did.

 

Parker blushed and looked at her watch. She was late and needed to go. “I-I-I have work t-to go to n�"n-now, I am la-late”

 

“I understand” he smile at Parker and grabbed her hand, kissing it like a gentleman would.

 

            Parker smiled back and turned for the hospital. She paused and looked back at Ryan and took out her cellphone.

 

“What are you doing?” Ryan asked her, confused.

 

“What I should do.”  she mumbled

 

            Parker flipped her phone open and dialed the hospitals phone number. A woman answered the phone. “Hello, this is Mercy May Medical Center. How may I help you?”

 

Parker put on a sick sounding voice and spoke. “Uhm, hi. I am one of the employee's at the hospital and I would like to speak to the Head of Nurses.”

 

“Oh, okay honey. One moment” the women put her over to the Head's phone line.

 

            The phone rang and someone picked up. “Hello, this is Jessica Waters, Head Nurse. How may I help you?”

 

Parker kept her sick voice “Uhm hey boss. Its Parker. I need to call in sick today. I have a cold”

 

Jessica gasped. “Oh! Honey I can hear it in your voice! Stay out as long as you need. Get plenty of rest okay?”

 

“Okay. Thank you for understanding. Goodbye”

 

“Your welcome. Buh-bye”

 

            Parker hung up and looked back at Ryan. She stood there for a moment and sighed. She then put her bags down and let Ryan come up to her and kiss her again, feeling that same feeling and loving every moment of it. Ryan pulled away this time and looked down at Parker.

 

“Why'd you lie to your boss like that?” Ryan questioned her as he smiled.

 

“I didn't think I could stand a second more without that kiss” she smiled back and blushed.

 

            Ryan chuckled and kissed her again. They parted when they realized they had to get on the marta train and waiting in the booth for it. They took each others hand and stood up as the train came up and got on. They were so entwined with each other the couldn't pay attention to anything else. Parker looked around to see that everyone was paying attention to them, she blushed and still kissed Ryan, knowing that the lot of people were watching.

 

“Everyone's staring” Ryan whispered.

 

“Let them.” she giggled and whispered back, embarrassed but excited, knowing Ryan was a little hesitant.

 

            Ryan chuckled and he kissed her again. Parker smiled as she kissed him and giggled when he tickled her. “Stop!” she said as she laughed. She felt so loved, she had never felt like this with anyone else that she dated, she felt that this was real and definitely not fake. As they pulled up to Parker's stop, Parker gathered her things again and pulled Ryan out of the train with her.

 

“What are we doing?” he asked

 

“You are coming with me so you can meet my friend.” she smiled

 

            Ryan smiled and kissed her cheek as they walked into her apartment building. They got in the elevator and she pressed the floor number her apartment was on. When they got up to her floor, they got out of the elevator and she took out her keys and unlocked her door to find Tammy making an omelet of her own.

 

“Home so early?” Tammy cackled.

 

“Yep. I brought someone with me too” she gushed.

 

“Oh really? Who?” Tammy giggled and grabbed her omelet and walked into the living room to find Ryan standing by Parker.

 

Tammy blushed. “Parker? When did this happen?” she questioned with a very hard curiosity

 

Parker giggled. “Just this morning.” she smiled and kissed Ryan.

 

            Tammy's face went red and she sat down on the couch. Ryan started acting weird also, he scratched his head and kept his head down, trying to kept his eyes off of Tammy. Parker frowned and looked at Tammy, then Ryan over and over again. Oh no she thought as she felt tears coming to her eyes.

 

“Oh my god” Parker backed away with tears streaking down her face.

 

Tammy frowned at Ryan. “See you jerk? You just LOVE to make girls cry dontcha?”

 

Ryan sped over to Parker. “If I knew that you were her friend, I would've avoided you. Your nothing but the devil itself!”

 

            Tammy's face got red and she went up to Ryan. Parker looked at what was about to happen and she quickly broke the two up.

 

“What the heck Tammy?!?” she yelled

 

“I hate this guy! You don't need to be with him Park!” she cried

 

“You don't dictate who I do and don't date Tammy!” she frowned at what she was doing, fighting with her best friend is something she never wanted to do again, but this had to be done this time, she had to make a point.

 

Tammy looked at Ryan, hating him for taking her friend. “I'm not trying to Park. I'm trying to save you from months of pain.” she frowned

 

“What are you talking about Tammy? I know now that you used to date him, but what did he do to make you hate him so much?” Parker looked at her angrily, wishing this was happening.

 

“I don't wanna talk about that Parker. I just don't want you to be with a guy like him.” Tammy started to cry.

 

            Parker looked at Ryan and then looked at Tammy, she doesn't want to lose either of them. She was already having such a hard time with her job, it was depressing her. Parker kissed Ryan's cheek and clung to him.

 

“Tammy, I'm sorry, but if you can't support my decision, I can't be your friend.” she felt her heart ache and sink to the bottom of her chest as she said this.

 

Tammy looked at her, surprised. “Wait.... You don't want to be my friend anymore?”

 

Parker sighed. “It's not that I don't want to be your friend anymore... It's that I can't be”

 

“Okay” Tammy cried more and grabbed her purse and suitcase. “Have a good life” she frowned and walked out the door.

 

Parker had tears streaming down her face. “I'm so sorry” she mumbled

 

            Ryan looked at Parker and frowned, realizing the pain she was going through. He pulled her close and hugged her tightly, making sure she felt good and protected. He kissed her forehead.

 

“You okay?” Ryan asked worriedly

 

“No... Not really” she frowned and sat on the couch.

 

Ryan stared at her, worried that something bad was about to happen. “You wanna go somewhere so you can get your mind off of it?” he smiled

 

Parker looked up at Ryan and smiled back with tears streaming her cheeks. “Please lets” she stood up and went to her room to change out of her scrubs.

 

            Ryan stood outside of her door and waited for her to come out. Parker came out at least ten minutes later with completely different makeup and clothes, wearing her favorite jeans and and studded tank top. Ryan looked at her stunned at how good she looked, even after crying. Parker gave him a small smile and blushed.

 

“Do I look okay?” she asked anxiously.

 

“You look amazing” he smiled back at her, examining her outfit.

 

            Parker giggled and jumped up and down. She grabbed her keys and purse, ready to leave. Ryan grabbed her and pulled her in for yet another kiss. Parker had the same reaction she had that afternoon and she blushed a bright red. She felt amazing when she was around Ryan, her depression and everything was gone and she smiled as she kissed him back, almost melting in his arms.

 

“I love you” Ryan whispered in her ear.

 

Parker looked at Ryan, stunned and excited. “I love you too” she smiled and kissed him again,

 

             Ryan pulled away and grabbed her arm and walked out of the door with her and locked the door. He looked back at her and smiled charmingly, making Parker feel even more vulnerable to Ryan. She smiled back and jumped on his back.

 

“Where are we going?” Parker asked.

 

“Somewhere special” he smiled and chuckled.

 



© 2013 Nessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013


Author

Nessa
Nessa

Griffin, GA



About
I am artistic and outgoing. I love to sing, dance, draw, and write poems and songs. I love the outdoors :) Its what gives me my inspiration and then sum :) I am one of the most dedicated Georgia Peach.. more..

Writing
Righteous Righteous

A Poem by Nessa


Love Love

A Poem by Nessa


~~~To Be~~~ ~~~To Be~~~

A Poem by Nessa