Geek Club, Tour

Geek Club, Tour

A Chapter by Gina
"

The room in the picture is room 506.

"
~Kaitlyn~


"So, anyone care to solve the problem? If someone is able to solve it then there is no homework," Ms. Cala trailed off as everyone looked at the Geek table. "No," she shook her head. "It must be someone other than those in the Geek Club. It could be someone in the Geek Tutoring Program but not in the actual club." She laughed when the bell rang. As we Geeks left we handed her the homework sheet for tonight.

"Here you go Ms. Cala," I laughed as I handed it to her.

"As usual, you are the only ones who pay attention...or do the work." She laughed and we laughed along with her. "I can't make the meeting today girls. Lead it for me?" We all nodded as we knew she was getting an ultrasound. Ms. Cala was pregnant with her first children, twins Jennifer and Genevive.

"Hurry up Kait," Roxanne called to me. "Don't diddle-daddle!" She laughed, mocking our Poetry teacher.

I ran to catch up to them.


~Anabel~
-Inside room 302


"Hey guys!" Roxanne yelled as she plopped myself on the red beanbag. All the freshmen greeted us back as we entered while the sophomores and seniors ignored us. "Well screw you too!" Rox laughed as the rest of us junior Geeks joined her in the beanbags.

"Hello Geek Club!" The overly-cheery counselor, Ms. Bailey, greeted us.

"Hey Ms. Bai! What's up?" I greeted her.

"We have some people who will soon be joining the school," I rolled my eyes, knowing that this could mean anything. We've had 3rd graders tour here before. "I want you guys to give them the full tour, answer questions, everything."

"I'm sure we could do that!" I said happily. "No problem."

She smiled. "Great! See you in the office sometime in the next ten minutes or so."

"Sorry guys, if you are in the Geek Tutoring please leave. Only Geeks can stay, we have a quick meeting before the tour." I heard the many grumbles that came when Jess dismissed everyone.

"Alright," Tania said. "Roll call! Sandra?" She responded with the usual 'here' as did everyone. "So, anyone know where Jeffren, Jose, and Rave are?"

"Soccer practice," Rox blurted, she should know. Rox loves sports but i too lazy to commit to a team. "Jose is coaching kids soccer, Jeff and Rave are playing against each other in the gender battle." She nodded as she suddenly remembered.

"So, Sophies and Freshies, I want you all to get started on that F-minus report." Kait commanded.

They all nodded before heading to their stations. "Oh and Rick?" Rox called to him.

"Yes?" He turned back to us.

"Try not to break anything this time."  She laughed as I grabbed my purse and swung on my coat. The girls yanked her out and we ran to the office.


~Jessica~
-An Exhausting Run Later


"And here they are!" Ms. Bailey's voice dominated the room. "Your tour guides!"

"They don't look famous, are they rich?" Some guys in a hoodie and sunglasses began to murmur."

I could tell we were all uncomfortable. We hate explaining the Geek system. "No, we are neither. We are part of the Geek program." Rox said as Ana shot us a quick 'focus' look.

"I have a question," one of them said. "What is the Geek program?"

"Save that question for later," Kait told him as we ushered them out.

"If you will all just follow me to the library," Anabel told them as she moved with them.

We gave them the full tour and then stopped at the cafeteria.

"Okay, any questions?" Tania finally spoke up.

"Yeah, what is the Geek program?" The same guy asked.

I sighed, knowing we could not get around it. Rox beat me to it and gave them the complete and official version of it. "The Geek program is new at ISA. We, the college juniors, are the oldest around. They started the program three years ago. They chose the top five seniors from the district and gave them a full scholarship to ISA, every year they have done the same. Right now they are thinking about expanding it into the ISA High and eventually the rest of the ISA schools. We, are the Geeks. We are a club, made only to raise the testing scores of the school. We are model students, tutors, volunteers; everything anyone who can afford this school can't do to make it look good." She looked to us to see if she left anything out. We shrugged before looking at each other and shaking our heads.

"I have another question," another hoodied guy shouted. "Are you girls single?" He asked. This seemed to be a riot because the rest of the hoody enthusiasts began laughing.

I rolled her eyes before answering. "Yes, yes we are." The guys laughed even harder and we Geeks made our way back into our room. We decided to head back into room 506, the infamous Schooled hangout.


© 2013 Gina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013


Author

Gina
Gina

San Diego, CA



About
Catchphrase: What can I say? I'm awesome. Addictions: Reading, Music, Gum Favorite Word: AWESOMESAUCE Biggest Pet-peeve: Fake People Imagination type: Magical and Apocalyptic Favorite Characters .. more..

Writing
Thanks Mom Thanks Mom

A Story by Gina


Livin' Large Livin' Large

A Book by Gina