Humans

Humans

A Chapter by Geodan

She remembered the time before. It was a new age. The humans had new technology capable of doing astounding things. They were growing smarter and stronger. The world was beautiful. The world was brimming with life.
Zero looked around the wasteland around her. It was so different from when she last remembered. Her processors told her that she was shut down thirty years ago. Now there was no humans. But she realized that there was life. Outside of the window, a flower bloomed in a crack. She heard birds call from a distance. A mouse scurried across the baseboards at her feet.
She located the old door and headed towards it. The hover mechanism didn't work and the sheet of metal was stuck. Zero tried to move it, but to no avail. The window would do. The glass pane was shattered, allowing her to climb through. She jumped down and landed on a pile of rubble. Half of the building that I had been in had collapsed. She wondered what could have done this. A pang of sorrow hit her, but she ignored it. She couldn't feel sadness. Emotions were for the humans, the complex. She was created by them, a product of their creativity and curiosity. A machine.
The humans had been so different than anything else. They were all so different and unique. They were smart in all different ways. They could love.
Their machines started brainless. They had to be programmed and couldn't think for themselves. Soon, the machines grew more complex. Zero was the first one of her kind. Each one was smarter than the last, but Zero was always the most human. Her creator had made her by hand. The others were made in factories.
But Zero was not human, and she wanted to find out where they went.


© 2018 Geodan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 15, 2018


Author

Geodan
Geodan

Amarillo , TX



Writing
Stirrings Stirrings

A Chapter by Geodan


01/19/2017 01/19/2017

A Poem by Geodan