Wedding  Invitation

Wedding Invitation

A Story by Georgy

Dear Tom,
it's a long time since I saw you. But that by no means implies you don't care what my life looks like.
I remember very well how you helped me out with my homework when we were at school. I haven't forgot how nice it was when you didn't eat your breakfast and spent saved money for an icecream for me. And later I had flowers from you every weekend.
We've been such admirable friends for so long time, and our friendship was so immaculate, that I was very surprised, not to say shocked, when you suddenly left our town for no obvious reason.
Look, Tom, I don't think it is friendly attitude to vanish into thin air without saying good by and to not write me whereas you keep writing to John.
Well, it's him who gave me your current address, and I had to ask him to do this 'cause I had admirable news.
You can't even imagine, Tom, how happy I am. I'm tickled pink so much that I'm at a loss to find words.
Listen, a couple weeks ago I was at Lily's party ( you know that red haired skinny poor thing, who had a crush on you), and it was there where I met Stephen. It was like a thunderbolt, and you know, next day we were deep in love.
Don't think, Tom, he was just fooling around, he proposed me, and he's going to marry me. You're my best friend,Tom, and I'm sure you'll share my joy when you read this letter.
We are already engaged, and the wedding will take place on December 4th, and I very much ask you to come to our wedding. Stephen wants to meet you. He says that if you are my best friend, there is no way you can be a bad person.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Your best friend forever Alice.

© 2021 Georgy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on November 9, 2021
Last Updated on November 9, 2021