The Alpha Force: The Menace of The Candy Cane Kidnappers

The Alpha Force: The Menace of The Candy Cane Kidnappers

A Story by Michael Gill
"

The Alpha Force is back in time for the festivities, but must stop the Candy Cane Kidnappers from abducting the whole town!

"

The Alpha Force in:

The Menace of The Candy Cane Kidnappers

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

           

 

It was a chilly evening in the town of Silverton and all the people were stirring to find a seat for the gathering in the town square for the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony.  Among them bundled up in their winter gear and seated with their families were none other than The Alpha Force; all except Mike Black as he was playing in the high school band.  The Mayor had given a speech of it was once again that wonderful time of the year in which everyone could feel like a kid again and to also be giving and forgiving to one another.  “And now the part we’ve all been waiting for…3…2…1”  The Christmas Lights lit up as the high school band began to play “O Christmas Tree” followed by “Santa Claus is coming to Town”. 

            

“Santa” drove up in a sleigh being pulled by a snowmobile followed by a bunch of elves on more snowmobiles.  Santa had a big bag that was full of presents to give out to the children and if they were to run out the others would be given Christmas Candy. 

         The band continued to play as they handed out the gifts and Mike began to observe something strange among the elves, as they were passing around some sort of mask to each other.  If I did not know any better, I’d say these elves are about to do something naughty and not nice. 


As soon as they were handing out the candy, all the presents began to burst open with gas that spread throughout the unsuspecting crowd.  I hate it when I’m right!  Mike thought to himself, as he and others were trying to escape from Santa and his evil elves who were now carrying guns and robbing people. 


I just hope the others can find a way to change into their Bio-Suits without being caught.  As he ran into an alley where he found Blaze, Mindra, and Frezor already activating their Bio-Suits; he set his Clarinet case down behind some boxes and in seconds became The Green Defender.


As soon as they came out of the ally they met up with the others.  “Shieldra contain the gas!  Sparks take care of their weapons.  The rest of you take out the elves once they’re weaponless.  I’m going after St. Nick.”  They all nodded and began to their tasks given to them. 

          

In a matter of seconds by using his faster than light speed, Sparks, was able to gather up all the weapons.  No sooner than he did, the others used their abilities to take them out of these reindeer games.  Molder caused them to sink into the concrete as Frezor froze them in their tracks.  Blaze formed circles of fire around those who were trying to escape and Mindra used her stun bolts.  Shieldra had begun to form shield bubbles around the gas and forced them towards the elves whose masks were taken off by Sparks on his second time around.  Green Defender caught up with Santa who had gotten away on a snowmobile once he saw the heroes emerge from the crowd.  Using his super speed he was able to catch up with him and said, “Pull over!”

          

“Ho, ho, ho I don’t think so my young friend.”  Santa countered as he pulled out a gun and fired bullets at Green Defender who was thankful that his Bio-Suit was bullet proof.

            

“Then I guess you leave me no choice!”  Green Defender sighed as he flew up into the air as grabbed Santa off of the snowmobile with one hand and the bag of stolen goods in the other.  Once he returned to back to the center of town the rest of the team was helping the police put the elves inside police cars.  “Here you go, officers, the last of but not least of this group of Christmas criminals.”  Green Defender handed him over to their custody.

            

“Thanks for your help Alpha Force but you might want to get out of here before The U.N. Police get here.”  The Silverton Police Captain warned them.

            

“See you next time Captain.”  Green Defender saluted as they took off and went back into the alley where they had changed the first time and came back out as their “normal” selves. 

        

“There you kids are!  We were worried sick!”  Clara’s mom cried as she took Clara into her arms.

            

“We were all hiding in that ally once that gas came out,” Nicole spoke up.

            

“And once we heard all the commotion was over we figured it was safe to come out,” John said next.

            

“Well you’re safe and that is all that matters.”  Jacob Cagney said as he walked up.  “But now is the time for all of us to get home.”

            

“You’re right Uncle Jacob, we can see each other at school tomorrow.”  She walked up to Mike and kissed him on the cheek, “I’ll see you in my dreams good looking.”

            

Well, son you ready to go home?”  His dad asked.

            

“Yeah, I’m ready,” Mike answered as he watched his girlfriend leave with her Uncle.  I’ll be seeing you in my dreams too.


***

          In the darker corners of the world lives an evil man.  An evil man that would make the Grinch look like a saint.  His name is Superior.  A month ago, he had made a deal with Earth 79’s Superior, to give him the plans to make a machine called The Harvester.  Its primary function was to harvest the superhuman abilities of someone, and all he wants, is an army of them for Christmas. 


“Master Superior, forgive my intrusion, however, I have an update for you.”  His Chief Scientist groveled as he bowed before him.

            

“What is it, doctor?” 

            

“The Harvester is a success, however, there is a setback.” 

            

“And what is this setback you speak of?”  Superior asked him patiently.

            

“It turns it out that we can make a mass supply of soldiers, however, the true setback is…all our adult subjects…well some of them anyways have died during the transition process.”

            

“Explain.”

            

“You see, it would appear the subjects who are younger are able to withstand the transition in a matter of taking the doses of gene therapy in a two week’s time.  The adults it would appear need to take smaller doses over a lengthy period of time.”

            

“I see, and your solution?”

            

“I have already sent my assistant to begin the project off site for the adults…however, we need more child subjects.”

            

“So we have two setbacks,” Superior said observantly.

            

“That is correct.”   The scientist agreed sadly.

            

“I am displeased by this form of bad news; however I also understand that one cannot always get what they want.  I do believe though there is a way for us to get more test subjects.”

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

           

 

There were was a buzz of excitement within the halls of Silverton High School as the teens walked through the doors.  While listening to their peers around them they found out the schools of Silverton, Salem and the surrounding areas had been invited for a tour of the newest candy factory called the Candy Kingdom.  “Wow! A new candy factory and just in time for Christmas!”  Clara said jumping with joy.

            

“I don’t think you need all that sugar in your system.”  Dave told her, “You’re hyper as it is.”

            

“It’s called coffee David.”  Ally interjected.

            

“Yeah well, maybe she needs to switch to decaf,” Mike suggested.

            

“Why is that?”  Clara asked.

            

“Cause your shoes are melting.”  Dan chuckled.

            

“Oh no!”  Clara whined as she took them off and them into her locker and pulled out another pair, “That’s the third pair this week!”

            

“If you keep that up, you may need to start up a new recycling program,” Nicole said thoughtfully.

            

“What would help is John boy here to think up of a way to prevent this from happening.”  Clara shot a glance at the team’s inventor. 

            

“I could come up with something before the day’s end,” John admitted.

            

“Well while you’re working on putting out fires, I have a paper article to turn in.”  Ally said excitedly.

            

“Our battle we had last night?”  Mike asked her.

            

“Yes, I’ve needed a front page news article since our battle with Dr. Nightmare.”

            

“It would be hard to write an article about an alternate earth huh?”  John asked.

            

“That it would, especially since the person who invented the machine is locked away,” Nicole answered as she grabbed her books.  “Uncle has connections to place him where he’s not allowed to use anything that has to do with technology…or clocks.”

            

“Time for class!”  Mike announced grabbing his clarinet case, “See you guys at lunch.”

            

During the course of the day, the teens found out that they would be going along with their classmates to the Candy Kingdom on Friday.  “What a great way to start up the weekend!”  Clara said with some excitement.

            

“I highly doubt they’ll be handing out free candy.”  Mike busted her bubble.         

            

“Party pooper.”  Clara pouted.

        

    Well, there might be free samples at least,” John suggested.

            

“I’m sure we’ll find out later today after our siblings come back from there.”  Ally pointed out.

            

“The grade schools also went today as well,” Dave added.

            

“Any word on your article?”  Nicole asked Ally.

            

“Yeah, thankfully our school photographer was there to get some awesome snapshots to help make it front page material!”

            

“Glad to hear it!”  Mike gave her a high five.

            

“What did your teacher say?”  Clara asked next.

            

Oh, she loved it!  She is pro Alpha Force, especially after we helped save them a couple of months ago from The Cyber-Destroyers.” 

            

“Nearly time to head back to classes everyone.  We’ll regroup back at The Big House.”  Mike announced as he threw away his trash.

            

The teens regrouped at The Big House to begin their training sessions in their Holo-Dome.  Once they were in their Bio-Suits they entered into the dome and their session began to come alive around them.  “Prepare yourselves, my friends.  I have had a wonderful idea that was given to me after your return from the other earth.”  Jacob Cagney’s voice rang throughout the dome.  The holographic images began to take form in front of them and they were shocked when they realized they were facing themselves.  “It’s time to see how well you do against yourselves.  The rules are simple; you must defeat them in any way possible.  You will need to use teamwork and you cannot go against your double.” 

            

“Sounds like a fun session to me!”  Green Defender said with some enthusiasm.  The scenery around them began to change from the plain white dome to downtown Silverton after a rainy day.  As soon as the program had finished loading their twins began their attack.  “Shieldra!”

            

“On it!”  Shieldra acknowledged as she put up a force field.

            

“Jacob is pulling no punches this time around.”  Blaze pointed out.

            

“If the sessions in the past were him playing with kid gloves then we’re in trouble,” Frezor added.

            

“I can’t hold it up much longer!”  Shieldra complained.

            

“Frezor and Blaze you take on your polar opposites.  Sparks and I can take on each other’s doubles.  Mindra you will take care of Molder’s double and Shieldra will take care of Mindra’s and Molder you have the task of Shieldra’s.   Everyone understand their assignments?”  They all nodded.  “Good, now go!”

            

Sparks wasted no time using his speed against Green Defender-2 and shot out lightning bolts from his hands until the holographic clone couldn’t take anymore and disappeared.  Green Defender knew that Sparks two was as fast as the original but one thing he didn’t have was Sparks’ quick thinking.  Green Defender would pick up cars and throw them at Sparks two who would shoot them out his way. 


The holo-clone is doing everything in steps and not multi-tasking by using its speed to get out of the way and shooting the cars down at the same time.  Green Defender threw another car towards the holoclone and when it began to shoot the car down Green Defender took advantage by shooting a stun bolt at it.  It stumbled back giving Green Defender enough time to deliver a stunning blow to the jaw! 

            

Blaze and Frezor worked together to defeat their clones by pushing them closer together and canceling their abilities out.  Mindra was having a tough time defeating Molder two.  Each time she tried to shoot him with her stun bolts they would go right through him. 


I need to find something that will cancel his abilities out.  She thought to herself as she dodged a bunch of mud balls that was being flung at her direction.  She then noticed when he had stepped into a mud puddle his left foot showed the boot of his Bio-Suit.  The water of course!  She ran towards the nearest fire hydrant while dodging more mud balls.  She was almost to her goal when her feet were found sinking into the ground.  Mindra strained to get out of the trap but made it worst.  Molder two was approaching closer to her for the kill when she realized that he would be in the line of fire of the hydrant.  She aimed her arm right at her target and fired!  The cap came off of the hydrant dousing Molder two with gallons of water.  With him losing his concentration she was able to free herself and shin kicked Molder two in the right leg and came down hard with a right hook.      

            

Shieldra found it easy to defeat Mindra two as she placed her in a shield bubble.  She slammed Mindra-2 within the bubble from one car into the other until Mindra two was knocked out.  Molder knew that he couldn’t attack Shieldra two head on.  Molder though realized the only thing that was not shielded was the ground below her.  Molder sunk his hands into the ground within seconds the ground below Shieldra two enveloped her covering her from head to toe until the shield went down.

            

“Session ended.”  The computer’s voice bellowed throughout the dome as the town of Silverton disappeared before their eyes as well as their doubles.

            

“Well done team.”  Jacob applauded.  “Mindra, though came closest to being eliminated however she stayed calm and overcome her opponent.”

            

Thanks, Jacob,” Mindra said as she exited out of the dome with the others.

            

“Nearly dinner time.”  Mike announced as he deactivated his Bio-Suit, “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”  Mike kissed Nicole on the cheek and sped off.

            

“You guys want to go study for the history test tomorrow?”  Dave asked John, Clara, and Ally. 

            

“Might as well, it’ll give me more time away from my family.”  Ally answered dryly.

            

“What’s going on?”  Clara asked her.

            

“Mom and Dad have been fighting all week this week because we’re having everyone over for Christmas this year.  Dad doesn’t like the idea of having his family and mom’s family under the same roof.”

            

“Why do grownups have to complicate things?”  Dave wondered.  The question went unanswered as they left for the library.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

                The next day the teens along with their peers piled into a caravan of school buses as they left the school grounds to spend the day in the Candy Kingdom.  As they approached the factory they could see the colorful castle that was painted in candy colors of chocolate colored walls and towers at each corner of the building with red and green trim.  The door knobs looked like golden candy wrappers the doorbell looked like a giant green gum drop.  They were greeted by the owner and tour guide The Candy King, “Welcome my friends!  Welcome to the Candy Kingdom.”  The Candy King was dressed in a set of nobility outfit; he was in his mid-forties and held a golden scepter.  “I am sure if you have any siblings that were here yesterday of how exciting and wondrous this place can be.  Please stay within the group and no stragglers please.” 

                

Candy King showed them around the lobby area where there were free samples of candy which Clara and others took advantage of; he also pointed out the security guards who were dressed like Nutcrackers that if anyone did linger that they would be brought to the “jail” until the end of the tour.  During the tour, they saw how the chocolate bars and other yummy candies were made.  They were also shown how they were wrapped with loving care and packaged into boxes to be shipped throughout the world.  After that, they were directed into the “Seasons” candy section which included Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s, Halloween and Christmas.  The employees that worked in each of the seasons were dressed in appropriate attire according to the season they worked in. This ranged from Cupids to Leprechauns, and from various Halloween costumes as well as Christmas themed costumes. 

                

During the tour, Ally was making notes and taking pictures for another article to put into the school newspaper for the Christmas edition.  The others were in awe as much as their peers as they went from location to another.  After the tour was over they were allowed to check out the different gift shops and as they were leaving each student and teacher was given a Christmas Basket full of candy as a Christmas gift from the Candy Kingdom.  “Please come back anytime!”  The Candy King waved goodbye as they drove off.

                

“Wow!  That was a lot of fun!”  Clara exclaimed as she looked back towards the castle of candy until was no longer in sight.

                

Well, at least we know what your weakness is other than the cold.”  Dan pointed out.

                

“Do you think we’ll back in time for the test?”  Dave asked.

                

“Why do you ask?”  Clara asked him.

                

Yeah, you did study with the rest of us.”  Ally brought up as she sat down with the others after interviewing of few of their peers.

                

“I studied, I would like to think that they were in the Christmas spirit of giving us an automatic ‘A’,” Dave explained.

                

“If wishes were fishes, my friend.”  Dan patted him on the back.

                

“So what did you think of the factory Mike?”  Nicole asked him.

                

“It was pretty awesome; I wouldn’t mind working there someday,” Mike answered as he looked through the candies in the basket.

               

“You were plan on sharing?”  Nicole held her hand out.

               

Yeah, you can have my black licorice.”  He answered as he handed her his least favorite kind of candy.

                

Wow, you really know how to make a girl feel special,” Nicole said with a sad tone.

                

“Well if you really feel that way, then maybe I should take back that Christmas gift I bought you last week.”  Mike said sarcastically and when he saw that it went over her head he then said, “I was joking babe.”

               

“Oh I know, I was just waiting to see if you were going to try to dig yourself out of the hole you just fell into,   Nicole responded and then smiled.

                

"I love you.”  Mike told her.

                

“I love you too you big geek.”  Nicole leaned over for them to kiss.

                

Oh, will you two get a room?”  Dan asked looking away from the sappy lovers.

                

“I love our friends,” Nicole said and kissed Dan on the cheek.

                

“Yeah me too.”  Mike followed her hint and kissed Clara on the cheek as well.

                

“Don’t even think about it.”  The others said backing away as much as they could and they all busted up laughing.

                

The Candy King walked into his office and closed the door as he made a phone call.  “The packages have been shipped and ready for reception.”


Much to Dave’s dismay, the test was given to his class to be taken, however, thanks to the sugar buzz they received from the candy, they were alert enough to answer the questions.  No sooner they turned in their tests…they crashed!

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

While the teens slept, their peers were taken from the classrooms and returned to the Candy Kingdom.  The Candy King kept a watchful eye as each and every one of the students, teachers, grade schoolers and parents were packaged carefully in life-size boxes with a clear plastic film in front of them.  “Superior will be pleased with this vast army of future soldiers.”  Candy King turned to his queen.

            

Yes, but do you think it was wise to leave The Alpha Force alive?”  The Chocolate Queen asked him.

            

“I did as I was instructed by Superior himself.  When all these packages are formed into an army, then the Alpha Force will see they have failed to protect their loved ones and their friends.”  A beeping noise came from his office and he answered his phone, “Yes Superior…yes everything is running on schedule…again yes I left them alive as you instructed…do not worry, they shall not awake until nearly three in the morning according to my calculations.  Even if they do recover quicker than expected I have a surveillance team monitoring them…very well my master.”

            

“I take it he is pleased with us?”

            

“Indeed my dear.”  Candy King answered, “However, he wants us to be prepared in case they do awake and figured out what happened.” 

            

“I shall alert the royal guard.”

            

“Also some of our best fighters…not all of them.”  Candy King instructed.

            

“You’re majesties.”  A guard announced his approach, “All the packages are ready for shipping.”

            

“Excellent work Captain.”  Chocolate Queen congratulated, “Begin phase two.”


***

         Dave and the others woke up and found themselves still alone in their classroom.  “Anyone awake?”  He asked weakly as he looked around and saw the others were still knocked out.  “This ought to wake them up.”  Dave said as he pointed his hands towards him comrades and shot a low blast chill.

            

“Hey!  What’s up with the cold reception?”  Clara complained.

            

“Forget that!  How long have we been out?”  Ally asked and they looked at the clock saying it was two in the morning.  “Wow what a sugar crash.”

            

“Where is everyone?”  John asked next.

            

“They’re gone.”  Mike’s voice rang through the classroom as he and Nicole walked into the room.

            

“We woke up a few minutes ago in our Weight Training Class.  We searched the whole school, no one is here.”  Nicole explained.

            

“Please tell me we’re not in another alternate earth.”  Clara crossed her arms.

            

“No, we’re on our earth and in our own time.”  Mike answered, “However we need to report to The Big House, hopefully, Jacob will inform us on what has happened to everyone.”

            

Moments later they were in the confines of their base where Jacob greeted them, “I am so happy to see you are all still alive and well!”

            

“Any answers to what happened?”  Mike asked him.

            

“Sadly yes,” Jacob answered.

            

Well, what is it, Uncle?”

            

“The populace in the town of Silverton has simply disappeared.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

           

“How is this possible?”  Mike asked.

            

“While you were in your sugar induced slumber, there was a massive quantum anomaly.  At first, I thought maybe it was our old friend Father Time, but I hacked into the security cameras of his cell showing he was still in Prison Island.  After further investigation turns out they were teleportation signatures.”

            

“But how were they able to teleport everyone at one time?”  Dave wondered.

            

“Simple they had locking mechanisms,” John answered as he came back out of the science lab.  “I analyzed the candy we received from the Candy Kingdom and they were laced with a sleeping agent.  Ours was given a double dose compared to the others.”

            

“That answers one question, but what is that about a locking mechanism?”  Nicole asked next.

            

“The baskets.”  Ally spoke up.

            

“Exactly!  Each one of them had a Teleportation Marker.”  John added.

            

“But how come we weren’t taken as well?”  Said Dan.

            

“We weren’t supposed to.”  Mike answered simply.

            

“I was able to hack into Candy Kingdom’s computer system every home and business were given a candy basket as a gift,” Jacob explained.

            

“Which why now our hometown is a ghost town,” Clara whined.

            

“What about our families?”  Asked Ally.

            

“They too were taken,” Jacob answered sadly.

            

“Then we’re going to get them back, and our first stop is the Candy Kingdom.”  Mike ordered, “Bio-Suits activate!”


Chapter 6

 

 

The Alpha Force approached the Candy Kingdom in their Battle Van.  “Is it just me or did this place get a whole lot scarier looking?”  Blaze wondered.  Dark clouds formed around the building as the moonlight hit the right corners of the castle.

            

“What is our plan of attack?”  Molder asked Green Defender.

            

“First we go in hard and fast!  Secondly, we find The Candy King and get some answers.  And if he refuses to cooperate, then all we have to do is have Mindra give him some persuasion.” 

            

“By the end of all of this, this will make one heck of a story,” Mindra added.

            

“Yeah but first we need to knock on the door,” Sparks added.

            

“Then allow me to do the honors,  Frezor stated as he put the pedal to the metal and rammed The Battle Van right through the front doors of Candy Kingdom.

            

“Remind me to never invite you to my next birthday party,” Blaze told him as she and the others unbuckled themselves and filed out of the van.

            

Once they were out of the van they were met by hundreds of guards dressed up in their nutcracker suits.  “Now all we need is The Rat King and we’ll have a full ensemble.”  Frezor brought up and no sooner than he had said that a man dressed up as a rat with a crown on his head appeared with another army of rats.  “Me and my big mouth.”

            

“Where is the Candy King?”  Green Defender demanded.

            

“I’m sorry my old chap.  The majesties have been asked by our Emperor to carry out their duties.”  The Rat King answered with a British accent.  “However, I The Rat King and The Imperial Guard will be more than happy to destroy you.”

            

“We have no time to waste with these lackeys.”  Green Defender told the others, “Begin Atomic Blast Countdown!”  Each of them activated and charged up their Stun Blasters, “5…4…3…2…1…Fire!”  They formed a giant ball of stunned energy and fired at the unsuspecting men and women.  Seconds later they were all down for the count.  “Mindra abstract the information out of both The Rat King and also The Captain of The Guard; one of them should know where they are taking the townspeople.”

            

Mindra abstracted information out of both of them and looked at Green Defender with a solemn look.  “You’re not going to like it.”

            

“What is it?”  Molder asked.

            

“Do the terms by land or by air or by sea mean anything?”  Mindra asked.

            

“Was that all you were able to get out of them?”  Green Defender asked.

            

“Yes, that’s why I said you’re not going to like it.”

            

“What do we do now?”  Blaze asked.

            

“Return to base.  I had do have an idea what it means but I need to test that theory.”  Green Defender answered.

            

“What about them?”  Said Frezor.

            

Put them on ice long enough for when we can contact the state police.”  Green Defender told him.

            

When the Alpha Force returned to The Big House, Shieldra contacted the State Police about the Rat King, while the others told Jacob, of the Intel they were able to abstract from their enemies.  “By land, by sea or by air?”

            

Yeah, that’s what I was able to get out of them,” Mindra admitted.

            

“What do you think it means Uncle?” Shieldra asked.

            

“It’s a riddle,” Jacob answered.

            

“But what is the answer?”  said Molder.

            

“I think I know.”  Green Defender spoke up.

            

“Don’t leave us in suspense!  Tell us!”  Blaze complained.

            

“Think about it.  This time of the year is when a lot of shipping gets done, by land, by sea, and by air!”

            

“So that’s it!”  Jacob said triumphantly.

            

“But how do we locate all three?”  Mindra asked.

            

“Simple all we have to do is use I.Q. to hack into Candy Kingdom’s shipping manifests and here you go,” Sparks said proudly.  “They have one being sent out of the airport and another in a caravan of trucks on the ground.  And the rest is being shipped out of Charleston Bay.”

                

“I’ll contact the airport police and have them stop those shipments and also the State Police can stop the caravan on the ground.”  Jacob volunteered.

                

“This means we’re going to the beach.”  Green Defender announced to his team.  “We’ll take the cargo jet with The Alpha Boat inside in case they’ve already made it out to sea.”

                

“It’ll take a few minutes to put the boat into the jet,” Sparks said as he, Molder and Frezor went to take care of that errand.

                

“While they’re loading the boat, the rest of us will get the jet ready.”  Green Defender stated. 

                

Moments later they were in the air heading to Charleston Bay and hoping to save the rest of their friends and townsfolk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

 

 

 

 

The Alpha Force’s Cargo Jet soared through the skies on their way to Charleston Bay.  It was only twenty miles away from Mike’s birth town of Coos Bay. It was also where he had been abducted by S.H.I.N.E. from his grandfather’s house all those years ago.  Jacob chimed in, “The authorities have already stopped the flights and rescued the hostages, as well as the ground troops.”

            

“That just leaves our end.  What about our families?”  Green Defender asked him.

            

“They are still identifying the hostages as we speak so far they have yet to be found.  Also, the Coast Guard has been notified of the hostage situation and they have boats on their way to the docks.”

            

“Thanks for the heads up Jacob, Alpha Force out.”

            

“Long range scanners have found three boats have been launched.  Two of them are being intercepted by The Coast Guard.”  Frezor spoke up.

            

“Are there any other boats ready to be launched?”  Molder asked.

            

“Three more are still being loaded,” Frezor reported.

            

Green Defender thought hard and fast; he hated splitting the team up, it weakened their chances at times, but he knew that God was with them and that was good enough for him.  “Frezor, Shieldra you’re with me.  We’re going to take care of that other boat.  The rest of you will head to the docks to make sure the others don’t get launched.”

            

“But how are we going to get down there?”  Shieldra asked her boyfriend.

            

“We’re taking the boat.”  Green Defender told her.

            

“Oh man!  If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking Green Defender, I’d rather fly the plane.”  Frezor said giving himself a facepalm. 


“All aboard!”  Green Defender called out as he and others loaded up.  “Molder you’re in charge of team two, we’ll try to meet up with you as soon as we’re done.”

            

“Roger that.”  Molder saluted.  “Ready to drop cargo in 3…2…1!” 

            

The doors of the cargo jet opened up behind the Alpha Boat.  The cables holding the boat in place released and the boat fell through the skies.  “Frezor create an Ice Slide!”  Green Defender commanded.

            

“You don’t have to tell me twice!”  Frezor acknowledged and he made an Ice Slide for the boat to lead down to the water.

            

“Shieldra!  Form a shield around us to protect us from the impact.” 

            

“On it!” 

            

Within two minutes of sliding down the Ice Slide, the Alpha Boat finally landed in the water and headed out to their designated target.  “Alpha Boat to Alpha Jet, we’ve made it.”  Green Defender alerted his friends.

            

Molder allowed a sigh a relief before answering, “Acknowledged Alpha Boat.  Good luck and go with God.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

 

The Alpha Jet flew through the air towards the docks.  Normally they would need a runway to land on, but thankfully Sparks had come up with an idea to make The Alpha Jet amphibious.  “Are you sure this is going to work?”  Blaze asked him.

            

“It worked on all the simulations,” Sparks answered.

            

“That is so reassuring.”  Mindra quipped.

            

“Ready or not boys and girls we’re making our final descent.”  Molder announced.

            

“Have you ever landed a plane before?”  Sparks asked him.

            

“Nope.” 

            

“Oh just lovely.”  Blaze said helplessly as she strapped herself in.

            

Molder activated the amphibious mode and within seconds landed on the water.  “Any landing you can walk away from.”

            

Blaze opened the side door and saw that the three boats were about to leave.  “If we’re going to save anybody we need to do it quickly.”

            

“I can zap the water around the boats…”  Sparks started to suggest.

            

“No way!  Think about the sea life!”  Mindra pointed out.

            

“Mindra you monitor the boats from here.”  Molder began, “The rest of us will take a boat per person and disable the boats our own way.   All we have to do is hold them until The Coast Guard arrives.”

            

Mindra moved over to the scanners, “Coast Guard is about ten miles out.”

            

“That should give us plenty of time.”  Molder added.  “As Green Defender would say, ‘Let’s Divide and Conquer.’”

            

Molder made himself a pair of wings that molded out of his back and flew towards the nearest boats.  He landed towards the back of the boat where the stairs led down towards the boiler room.  He met some opposition with guns whose bullets bounced off his concrete skin.  He threw mud balls at the guns and in the eyes of the gunmen.  Molder then poured out quick drying cement around their ankles so they couldn’t move as he rushed by. 

            

Once he was in the Boiler Room he found himself face to face with a group of employees he had seen before dressed up in Cupid outfits.  “Something tells me this isn’t The Love Boat?”  Molder asked them before they began to rush him.  “Haven’t you guys ever heard that fools rush in where angels dare not tread?”  Molder then began to flood the room with wet cement.  The Cupids tried their best to swim to the door and once they were out of the room they found themselves stuck to the floor thanks to the concrete growing around them turning them into statues leaving only their mouths exposed to breathe.  “I’m sure we can find a cemetery for you to be stand-ins for.”  Molder told him as he closed the door and returned to flood the boiler room until it was completely filled with wet cement.  The boat began to slowly sink to where the boat could no longer move.  Molder swam out of one of the portholes and sealed it behind him.  He swam to the docks and saw he was no longer protected by his artificial skin.  “Good thing my job here is done.  I wonder if Blaze is done so she can dry me off.”

            

Blaze found it amazing as she took a flight that Molder could make himself his own pair of wings.  “That man comes up with coolest of ideas for his abilities.”  She landed onto the bridge, “Where are hostages?” 

            

“Just who do you think you are?”  The Captain of the boat demanded.

            

“The name’s Blaze.  And I hear you have a fire hazard aboard this ship.”

            

“What kind of fire hazard?”

            

“Me!”  She stated as he threw a fireball onto the steering wheel.

            

“They’re downstairs in the cargo hold!”  The Captain said as he grabbed the only fire extinguisher and was about to let it loose on Blaze when she threw another fireball at it.  The extinguisher exploded in The Captains’ hands and he grabbed onto his face for some of the shrapnel had gone into his eyes.  “You cursed sea witch!”

            

“Now that’s not very gentleman like.”  Blaze corrected him as she flew by him and down into the cargo holds.  It took her a few minutes to find the right one and once she did she realized that the ship’s crew was the least of her worries.  She encountered the Christmas group of Candy Kingdom. 

            

“Ho, Ho, Ho, stop right there!  You’ve been a naughty little girl.”  The Santa pointed at her.

            

“I recognize you guys from the Tree Lighting,” Blaze remembered.

            

“That’s right, and now we’re going to get some payback.”  Said one of the elves as he and the others began to shoot her with freeze rays.

            

My body temperature is dropping rapidly…need to warm things up or I am a goner.  She thought to herself.  God of heaven gives me the strength to overcome my enemies.  After she prayed she felt a fire within her heart like a volcano about to blow.  “Volcanic Eruption!”  Blaze called out and her fire was once again reignited.  The elves and Santa cried in horror as the heat had blinded them!  Blaze placed him all in fire cages and made sure that all of the hostages were all right.

            

Sparks ran around the docks towards the boat and searched throughout the boat until he found the cargo holds.  Within a matter of seconds, he was able to find the hostages being guarded by the Halloween group.  They were dressed up in different costumes, from Dracula to Frankenstein and from ghosts to scarecrows.  “Going somewhere speedy?”  Asked one of the Scarecrows.

            

“I’m here for the hostages.  Now, why don’t you do something good and release them and you might now get coal stuffed in your stockings.”

            

The villains laughed at Spark’s comment, “Do you really think you can stop all of us?”  One of the Dracula’s asked.

            

“How many are there of you?”  Sparks asked them and before they could answer he was able to count within a split second, “Never mind.  There are about fifty of you. Yeah, I am sure I can take you all on.”

            

“Overconfident aren’t you?”  A Frankenstein asked.

            

“Nope, especially since none of you are wearing rubber soles,” Sparks said with a smile as he placed his hands on the ground and electrified it!  He only released enough voltage to stun all of them in one foul swoop!  They all fell to the ground stunned and he quickly checked the hostages and then ran up to the bridge to overload the navigational equipment.

            

The trio met together and contacted Mindra who told them that the Coast Guard was two miles out and was already beginning to lock onto The Alpha Cargo Jet.  “We’re on our way Mindra,” Sparks assured her as he grabbed Molder and Blaze took to the air.

            

Once they were all in the jet, Molder took hold of the controls and they took flight.  “I hope we can get back to the others in time.”  Molder said.

           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

 

 

The Alpha Boat skidded across the waters of the Pacific Ocean as the heroes raced to free the hostages on the boat that was yet to be apprehended by The Coast Guard.  “There she is dead ahead.”  Frezor pointed out.

            

“No wonder The Coast Guard hasn’t caught up with them.”  Green Defender looked at the schematics on the boat ahead of them. “That must be the Royal Treat! It has the latest technology of aquatic engineering.  It can go at least 10 nautical miles per hour faster than the average Coast Guard Vessel.”

            

“And we’re matching its speed but barely,” Frezor reported.

            

“Shieldra man the boat.  Frezor I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”  Green Defender grabbed his friend and they flew towards The Royal Treat.  

            

“What do you have in mind?”  Frezor asked him.

            

“I was thinking an Iceberg!”  Green Defender told him with a smile.

            

“I’ve never made anything that big before!”  Frezor protested.

            

“There’s a first time for everything.”  Green Defender told him, “I hope you brought your swimming trunks!”  Before Frezor could protest Green Defender released him.

            

“You owe me big time!”  Frezor hollered as he began his descent.  Frezor really hated when Green Defender came up with ideas.  Even though they were good ones and he meant well to bring out the best of their abilities but there were times that could come up with a plan that would actually be communicated.  Here goes nothing.  He told himself and shouted; “Ice Bomb!  He formed a giant Ice Berg about a mile long and two miles deep before landing into the water causing a small tidal way that swept over The Royal Treat. 

            

Shieldra saw the giant Iceberg drop into the water and then saw the tidal wave heading her way.  She formed a shield over the boat and herself as it went over her and it dissipated another couple of miles away.  Green Defender landed back on the boat and he saw the look she was giving him, “What?” 

            

“You need to work on your communication skills.”  She scolded him.

            

“Noted, now let’s catch up with them.  Activate the tractor beam.” 

            

Shieldra pressed the button to activate the beam which allowed them to be pulled closer to their target and minutes later they boarded The Royal Treat.  Frezor met up with them, “That was actually a cool idea.” 

            

“I knew you would like it.”  Green Defender gave him a thumbs up.

            

“So what now fearless leader?”  Shieldra asked him.

            

“Frezor, encase the outside of the boat in ice.  Shieldra and I will go and find the hostages.”

            

“I’ll get right on it.”  Frezor saluted.

            

“After you my dear.”  Green Defender motioned to the stairs leading down below.

            

“Why thank you, my dear gentleman.”  Shieldra bowed and they ran down the stairs.  They were met with some opposition of Nutcracker Guardsmen who were no match for Shieldra encasing them in shields bubbles against the wall and Green Defender going ahead of her stealing away their weapons. 

            

Within a matter of minutes, they found the cargo hold where the hostages including their parents were being held.  “My, my, I must congratulate you on a job well done.”  The Candy King applauded with his wife next to him.

            

“We were wondering if you would figure out our little riddle.”  The Chocolate Queen commented.

            

“You think is some sort of game?”  Shieldra asked in frustration.

            

“As a matter of fact yes.”  Candy King answered.

            

Well, the buck stops here your majesties.”  Green Defender told them.  “Surrender now before you both get hurt.”

            

“I think not!”  Candy King raised his scepter as well as his wife who was also holding a scepter and they blasted a ray out of each of them at the duo.

            

Shieldra raised up a shield to block the blasts.  Once she dismissed the shield they noticed that the Candy Couple had split up.  “I call dibs on the Chocolate Queen.”

            

“And I’ll track down Candy King.”  Green Defender acknowledged as he raced off.

            

Shieldra caught up with Chocolate Queen and placed a shield in front of the villainous female to stop her in her tracks.  “Well there’s no need for the two of us to fight.”  Chocolate Queen said diplomatically.  “I can give you a lifetime supply of chocolate or any other candy your heart desires.”

            

“That sounds tempting.  But no thanks.”  Shieldra countered as she placed her opponent in a shield bubble. 

            

“No please don’t…my dress!”  Chocolate Queen whined.

            

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”  Shieldra shook her head as she saw the royal dress began to melt.

            

Green Defender placed himself between the door and Candy King.  “Going somewhere?”

            

“Why yes, and won’t you please be a good fellow and please stand aside.”  The Candy King said politely and began to proceed past Green Defender who grabbed him the arm.

            

“Do you really think I’m that nice?”  Green Defender asked him as he punched him in the gut and an uppercut to the face.

            “I really abhor violence, but if you insist.”  Candy King then pressed a button his right-hand gauntlet and activated…marshmallow armor??

            

“You can’t be serious?”  Green Defender asked and he saw Shieldra carrying The Chocolate Queen in a shield bubble.  “He grabbed Candy King by the arm and guided him over to his wife.  “Can you believe these two?”

            

“I know right!”  Shieldra agreed.

            

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”  Green Defender said with a wicked smile.

            

“Oh yes, I am!”  She nodded as he placed the two kidnappers in a bigger bubble squishing them together a bit.  “A good couple sticks together.”

            

Green Defender ran away for a couple of seconds and returned with two slices of graham crackers.  "S’mores anyone?”  He asked as he clapped the two slices together with the two villains in the middle.  The heroic duo stood back enjoying their handy work, “Please say we can use this as our Christmas Cards this year?”

            

“Only among our friends and a picture for Mindra’s news article.”  Shieldra agreed.

            

Hey, guys you down there?”  Frezor’s voice rang through the hallway.  He came into the room and saw them, “Please say you got a picture of this?”

            

“Yep just took it,” Shieldra informed him with camera in hand.

            

“I’d hate to bust up the festivities but the Coast Guard is on their way and they have orders to apprehend us as well.” 

            

“Then let’s shove off.”  Green Defender joked as they left.

            

“Please let us out of here.”  Candy King pleaded.

            

Oh, how humiliating.”  Chocolate Queen whined.  “My mother was right I should’ve married that accountant.”

            

“Oh please not this again!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 

 

The following day the teens were reunited with their families along with the rest of the town of Silverton.  Though when they gathered together on Christmas Eve they were bummed by the heading of the newspaper.  “’Coast Guard and other authorities put a stop to Candy Cane Kidnappers.’  What a load of bunk!”  Ally complained.

            

“They left out the Iceberg I made that actually stopped the boat,” Dave added.

            

“Well, remember my friends we may never get the acknowledgments or the accolades due to us by man.  But we’ll always remember within our hearts and minds that we don’t do it for the praises of man, but to bring honor to God.”  Jacob quoted.

            

“Besides who cares if we get the recognition or not.”  Clara spoke up, “As long as we’re helping out our fellow man, I can’t think of the greatest way to spend Christmas time.”

            

“Agreed,” Mike nodded, “but another thing we need to remember is that we not only saved our families but the town of Silverton from becoming slaves to Superior.”

            

“Speaking of families, it’s time for all you to be with yours,” Jacob announced.

            

“See you tomorrow?”  Nicole asked Mike.

            

“Yep, my family can’t wait to see you again,” Mike assured her as he kissed her.  “See you tomorrow.”


***

            On the other side of the world, Superior had received the news that Candy King and his cohorts had failed.  “What shall we do now?  The army we were hoping for has been stopped by The Alpha Force?”  Asked a man within the Council of Evil.

            

“Leave no loose ends on this one,” Superior demanded.

            

“And how do you propose to do that?”  Asked another.

            

“I have already sent Ruthers,” Superior answered.

            

She was known among the guards as the Russian Lawyer and she had heard the whispers of among the guards as she walked down the hallways of Prison Island.  It wasn’t the first time and it wouldn’t be the last.  She was proud of her Russian heritage and no one on earth would ever take that away from her. 

            

She walked into the room where the Candy Couple had been waiting for her.  “Madame Ruthers, please say you are here to free us from this awful place.”  Chocolate Queen whined.

            

“In a way yes.”  She answered as she handed them each a small piece of candy.  They looked at her with saddened eyes.  “Merry Christmas from The Society.”

© 2020 Michael Gill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 25, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2020

Author

Michael Gill
Michael Gill

Eugene, OR



About
I write Christian Sci-fi stories and am looking forward someday in getting them published for all who wish to read it. more..

Writing