The Alpha Force:  The Emergence of Dr. Nightmare.

The Alpha Force: The Emergence of Dr. Nightmare.

A Story by Michael Gill

Prologue

 

 

            It has been exactly one month since The Alpha Force had defeated Cyber-Queen and her Cyber-Destroyers. Since then, the teenage heroes have been spending time daily on honing their unique abilities under the tutelage of Jacob Cagney who is the Dark-Rider of WWII. The next Dark-Rider Michael Black has been diligently working on his leadership skills and sword fighting techniques to take over as the new and last Dark-Rider. Unknown to The Alpha Force...their past is about to catch up with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

            “What are you doing now?” Asked the Voice.

 

            “I’m running…escaping.” Mike Black answered.

 

            “Are you alone?”  The Voice asked next.

 

            “No, there are others with me…my friends.”  Mike told him.

 

            “Who are these friends?”  The Voice wondered.

 

            “Friends that I hang out with…but they’re younger.”

 

            “Describe to me in detail of your surroundings.” The Voice instructed.

 

            “It’s a long corridor dimly lighted…the walls are made of metal…titanium, I think. The Door is 500 meters from us.”

 

            “Now why are you and the others escaping?”

 

            “They’ve been testing on us!” Mike answered in disgust.

 

            “Who has?”  The Voice questioned.

 

            “Men…evil men and women.”  Mike informed.

 

            “Continue.”

 

            “Not much farther…oh no they’re shooting trance darts at us! We’re not fast enough!” Mike breathed heavily and then screamed.

 

            “What happened?”

 

            “They’ve got the others! I am the only one left and I’m not about to leave them all behind! I’ll fight those guards with every breath I have.”

 

            “Mike, at the count of three, the nightmare will end, and you will be calm 1...2...3.”

 

            Silence.

 

            “Good, now when I clap my hands twice, you’ll remember nothing of this talk of nightmares. Instead you will remember the discussion of your week of school.” CLAP, CLAP! Mike’s eyes opened and Dr. Croswauld continued to speak, “…and just do better on your outburst towards your brother. Well our time is up.”

 

            “Thanks Doc.” Mike said as he got up to shake the shrink’s hand. “Oh, and here’s the money for next month’s installment.” He handed over the envelope.

 

            “Thank you.”

 

            “You’re welcome.” He acknowledged and he went out the door to meet up with his girlfriend/teammate Nicole Cagney/Shieldra, who was waiting patiently for him in the lobby. “Ready to go?”

 

            “Been ready since we pulled up here.” She answered annoyingly, as she tossed a magazine she had been reading into the pile of other outdated magazines. She got up and headed out the door to the Suburban. As they were driving out of the parking lot, Mike noticed that she was about to turn left, “I can’t make it tonight.” 

           

            Nicole slammed the brakes and the big rig came to a halt. She sighed heavily and asked, “And why not?”

 

            “Because my family says that I haven’t been around the house lately.”  Mike told her.

 

            “Meaning?”  She pushed the issue.

 

            “Between the nights that we’re in The Holo-Dome and going on dates, I’m really only at home after work and on Sundays.”

 

            “Mike, we’ve planned this date for weeks now! Plus, it took me over a month to get the reservation for us!”

 

            “I know, I know. But it is either I stay the night with the family, or I’m grounded for a week…including work.”  Mike informed her.

 

            “Where’d they get the idea from?” She asked, as she turned right to take him home.

 

            “Dr. Croswauld.”

 

            “That’s another thing, why is that you all are doing this counseling thing anyway?”  She asked with a curious look.

 

            “If you remember a month ago, we saved the school from becoming a Cyber-Destroyer.” Mike began to explain, “After that, all students had to take at least one session with him. My parents figured between that and the transition of moving here, that it would be a good idea to continue with the counseling.”

 

            “All I remember is that guy giving me the creeps after that first session and that was the end of that!  Our date however…I’ll see if I can get the reservations moved to a different day.” She offered with a wink. She then slowed to a stop in front of his house.

 

 

“Call me?”

 

            “That I can do.” He pulled on the handle to get out of the vehicle, but the door would not budge. He looked at the lock and it showed it was unlocked; he then turned to her with a grin of disbelief.

 

            “You’re not getting out of here that easily.” She taunted, she leaned over and kissed him, “I’ll talk to you later.”

 

            “Roger that.” He said as he got out and to the front door. As he entered the house his Dad and Stepmom was waiting for him at the dinner table, with their arms crossed. “About time!  What took you so long?”

 

            “Just got back from Dr. Croswauld’s office.”

 

            “It’s 5:30pm.” His dad pointed out.

 

            “My appointment went over the expected time.”

 

            “It’s a five-minute drive!” Patty brought up.

 

            “Argument with the girlfriend.” Mike explained quickly.

 

            “I think you need to break up with her.” Patty admitted.

 

            “Uh, why?”  Mike asked her in wonder.

           

            “Because that’s all you ever do anymore, you’re hardly home…” His Dad began to answer.

 

            “Look I’m always home by 8pm like you asked, what more do you want.” Mike interrupted.

 

            “If you’re not here or at work you’re with Nicole.” Frank finished.

 

            “Which is good because right now we need the money for one, and two I am only with Nicole on Saturdays as it is the only day, we can be alone.  Plus, Patty, you just said a couple of days ago that you really like Nicole and you were going to take her dress shopping this weekend, while I was putting in some overtime at work.”

 

            “Mike’s right you did say that.” His dad confirmed, and they both noticed that Patty looked like she was about to fall over as if she had just been struck from behind. “You okay honey?” Frank asked worried, as he caught her.

 

            “Yeah…” She answered weakly, “I do like Nicole, I have no idea why said what I did.”

 

            “I’m going to my backpack in the room and grab Bill to help me set the table.” Mike told them.

 

            At The Big House, Jacob was working below in The Alpha Force’s garage when Nicole approached him, “I thought you’d be leaving for your date by now?” He observed.

 

            “Mike cancelled on me.” She answered bluntly as she sat down in a chair.

 

            “Odd.” Jacob stopped what he was doing and looked at her, “that’s not like him.”

 

            “No, it’s not;” She explained to her uncle all that had happened.

 

            “Hmm, he’s not the only one facing this dilemma.” Jacob said thoughtfully.

 

            “What do you mean?”

 

            “The others called in saying that they can’t work this weekend either unless they too stayed home for the night.”

 

            “Okay just like you, I don’t believe in coincidences.”

           

            “True but we have nothing to back it up as one.” Jacob pointed out. Just then, the phone rang; Jacob looked upon the Caller I.D. and said, “It’s for you.”

 

            Nicole picked it up not having to ask her uncle who it was, “Hi Sweets.”

 

            “Hey just called to let you know that you’re still on with Patty tomorrow.”

 

            “Oh, right. Jacob was wondering if you were coming in for work at all.”

 

            “Yeah, I got that straightened out as well.” He assured her.

 

            “Good, well, tell Patty I’ll see her tomorrow and I’ll pick her up at 11:00a.m.”  Nicole told him.

 

            “Okay, see you then.”  Mike assured her.

 

            “Love you.”  Nicole said.

 

            “Love you too.”  Mike answered back.

 

            After they hung up Jacob said, “Well that went well.”

 

            “Yeah, but Mike was tapping his pencil on his desk in Morse code.” She said with a tone of warning.

 

            “What did he say?”  Jacob wondered.

 

            “Something is not right.”  Nicole answered.

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

            Dr. Harold Croswauld entered the study of his home late Friday night, with enthusiasm from his latest appointment, “Each time I dig closer into their nightmares, the closer I get to what I truly seek.” He talked out loud into his mini recorder. “But the one’s of Michael Black seem to be more realistic then the rest of them. The older adults seem to have theirs based on fear, but the younger ones are based on something traumatic in their lives.

            “Like Mr. Black’s for instance, at first I thought it was a nightmare he had as a child, but the last two sessions he seems to go deeper into it; each session he digs into that nightmare as if he wants to learn the truth of something. The question is, how can I use that to my advantage?  Maybe next Tuesday, when I meet with him again, I can pick a few things out of his brain.” He chuckled evilly.  “But soon all this town’s nightmares will be my doorway into riches beyond imagination.” he opened his bedroom’s walk-in closet separated the clothes hanging up, and behind them was a blank wall and he pressed his hand against the wall and a blue light glowed deactivating a hologram disguising a safe about as tall as him and inside of the safe was a suit that he had been working on for quite some time. “Nightmares have always been my obsession…next to wealth. Ever since I was a small boy scaring people was always my favorite hobby, but then I had my first nightmare…and when I awoke I swore I would never be that scared again but instead use other people’s nightmares against them and I feeding off that fear to gain access to greatness.

 

            “But first I had to get myself into a field to be able to aide me in my quest. I studied hard in high school to go to Harvard, and majoring in Psychology and minored in Anatomy, graduated top of my class, went to graduate school, and now here I am five years later the number one Psychiatrist in the Northwest region. But now thanks to the Blacks’ contribution I was able to buy the final component to make my suit complete, then after I order the power source, and it getting here by the next Monday I will be able to fulfill my destiny as Dr. Nightmare!”

 

            Dr. Nightmare marveled at the suit as he held it up. “Many years of saving money and only making small purchases on the black-market to keep the feds off my trail. Now, only one more piece to fit this nightmarish beauty I have created!” The suit was black with red trim meshed with Kevlar and a mineral known as Night Stone. “Ah Night Stone; a piece of mineral that can reflect dark energy. The dark energy in which is in the power source I will acquire very shortly. With it, I can just need by touch my victim’s forehead and with my knowledge of their nightmares…they shall relive it as if they were within their own REM sleep. Though the effects are temporary, I am sure, they will come to me to save them in their sessions. Between my job at the school, and the city’s well renowned psychiatrist, wealth will no longer be the attainable, it will be my mountain of triumph!”   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

            Mike got together with Jacob on Saturday, as it was just the two of them, they focused on sword fighting techniques. Nicole went shopping with Patty and picked out the dress she would wear to Homecoming the following week. Mike tried to sneak a peek at the dress in the bag when they returned, but Nicole blocked him and said, “You’ll just have to wait for the dance.”

 

            On Monday, the teens could finally meet up together at lunch at their usual spot under the trees not far from the baseball field. “So, how was everybody’s weekend?” Mike asked and all he got back was mumbled remarks, “Not everyone speak up at once.” Nothing, no laughter.

           

            “Need to work on your jokes Mike.” Dan said weakly.

 

            “Even I can’t fix that.” John joked, and everyone began to laugh. They finally opened about their weekend, the girls went dress shopping with their moms and the boys did yard work with their dads.

 

            “Looks like we all had the same type of weekend.” Dave pointed out.

 

            “Wait a minute,” Nicole butted in, “the guys did yard work, and girls went dress shopping? Why do I hear coincidence’s running through my ears?

 

            “Something is definitely not right.” Mike said thoughtfully.

 

            “You mentioned that the other night on the phone.” Nicole pointed out.

 

            “But what could it mean?” Clara wondered.

 

            “Do you think The S.H.I.N.E. might be up to something?” Ally asked.

 

            “I asked Uncle Jacob to check on it while we’re here at school.” Nicole answered.

 

            “I just wish we didn’t have to hide who we are at times.” Clara brought up. “Especially from our families.”

 

            “Until it becomes necessary, we are to keep our other identities a secret.” Mike reminded, “we need to be in practice of remaining below the radar as much as possible.”

 

            “In other words, the less people who know, the less chance they’re in danger.” Nicole translated.

 

            “Do you really understand everything he says that is cryptic?” John asked.

 

            “Sure do.”

           

            “Then you’re the only one.” Ally pointed out.

 

            “They’re forecasting rain tomorrow, so we’ll need another place to have lunch together.” Dan changed the subject.

 

            “We could always meet in the newspaper classroom.” Ally suggested, “No one uses it during that time.”

 

            “Sounds good.” Dave nodded.

 

            Just then, the warning bell rang, “Well, we best head to the next class.” Mike told them, and they dispersed to their classes.

 

            Late Monday evening Dr. Croswauld met up with his Black-Market contact to receive his shipment, in a dark alley in downtown Silverton, “Here’s your merchandise mister.” The man in a black trench coat handed off a medium sized box. In return, Dr. Croswauld handed an envelope with money, the person counted it, “Thanks for your contribution.”

 

            He too was wearing a dark trench coat to cover his suit that he had made, he took the power source out of the box and placed it into the proper place that he made for it, and the suit hummed to life. “Yes, it works, and now to put it to the test.”

 

            Moments later Dr. Croswauld walked up to the First Silverton Bank and tapped on the glass door; the security guard walked up, unlocked it, and said, “Sorry Dr. Croswauld, but the bank’s closed.”

 

            “I know, but I figured I’d make an early withdrawal.” he grabbed onto the guards forehead and held onto it for two seconds and let go, the guard dropped to the ground and laid there, “Don’t worry Lukas the paralyzing effects will end in a couple of hours, long enough for me to rob this place dry.” He walked up the safe, put in the combination of the numerical pad, and opened the door.

 

            Two hours later the police arrived when a call came in saying that a guard was found on the floor. Once they realized that no one else was there, they called for an ambulance for the guard to be taken to Silverton Hospital. As they surveyed the crime scene, they noticed that someone had wiped the place clean.

 

            “…of money, and there were no fingerprints.” Jacob finished reading the report, “The guard Lukas Boyler age 39, was found lying on the floor and according to the emergency room his Limbic system of his brain and frontal lobe were highly stimulated. Finger marks were found on him as result of the attack.”

 

            “If my understanding of this is correct, I’d say he was having a waking nightmare.” Sparks deduced.

 

            “You could be right.” Jacob agreed he then turned to Green Defender, “What do you think?” However, there was no response, “Green Defender are you alright?”

 

            “Yeah,” he shook his head dizzily, “just you mentioned the word nightmare, and I had a strange feeling that I’ve been having some myself.” He then described to the others what he had unknowingly described to Dr. Croswauld.

 

            “What do you think Jacob? Could’ve this actually have happened to us?” Blaze asked.

 

            “Possibly, I’ll look into it. Why don’t we adjourn for now?” The others left, Mike kissed Nicole good night and followed the others.

 

            Once they were gone, Nicole turned to her Uncle and asked, “Why don’t you tell the truth? They’ll find out sooner or later.”

 

            “It’s best they find out on their own. If it is forced on them, then they may not accept it.”

 

            “Yeah, but not telling them the truth is like lying to them to me.” She said matter of factly.

 

            “The reason not to tell them is to protect them.”

 

            “Yeah, like I’ve never heard that one before.” She waved him off and left to her room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

            Over the course of two days, random robberies began to occur. All with the same M.O., the police were baffled on how someone could easily walk into a place and leave without forceful entry, no fingerprints, and the knowledge of the combinations. Even Jacob was stumped, “I must say this has got to be the most difficult caper I’ve seen in years.”

           

            “Well it’s definitely not any of your past rivals.” Shieldra concluded, “They’re either dead or in a retirement home.”

 

            “You sure know how to bring a guy down.” Jacob joked.

 

            “But all these people must have something in common.” Sparks insisted.

 

            “Yeah, I mean outside of them having waking nightmares and a little over two hours of amnesia.” Frezor brought up.

 

            “They do!” Green Defender finally spoke up from the supercomputer known as I.Q.

 

            “What’s that Green Defender?” Molder questioned.

 

            “I compiled all of the facts of each of the victims into I.Q. including their daily schedules…”

 

            “Thanks to my hacking skills.” Sparks interrupted.

 

            “That, and their occupation, and so on. With all those in the system, I.Q. has dissected one item that all of them have in common. They’re all clients of Dr. Harold Croswauld.”

 

            “Your Psychiatrist?” Blaze asked in disbelief.

 

            “Why and how could that be?” Shieldra asked in shock.

 

            “Think about it, no forceful entry, which means the people knew the person that would soon rob them.” Frezor pointed out.


            “And most of your Psychiatrists are taught how to hypnotize people.” Mindra brought up.

 

            “That would explain the amnesia and how he got the combinations to the safes.” Blaze continued.

 

            “But why would he not hypnotize them to have the nightmare? I mean the finger marks on the foreheads. That’s what’s puzzling me.” Sparks admitted.

 

            “He’s doing what my Bio-suit allows me to do. Instead of draining information out of the brain, he’s putting it in.” Mindra deduced.

 

            “That could very well be.” Jacob concurred.

 

            “Unfortunately, this is all theory and speculation without any proof to back us up we have no way of catching this guy red-handed.” Molder brought up.

 

            “I do have an appointment with him tomorrow.” Green Defender spoke up.

 

            “Uh-oh, G.D. has a plan.” Mindra warned.

 

            “Yeah and something tells me, we’re not going to like it.” Frezor agreed.

 

            Late next afternoon, once school was over the teens separated to carry out Mike’s plan. Part one: He and Dan would go to his appointment; prior approaching the office Dan would turn himself into the soil and plant himself in flower bed outside of the office. During the session if he tried to put Mike into a trance, Mike would then pretend he was and not be affected, thanks to the special contacts to protect him, as Sparks had made the previous night. He would tell him if asked about his families’ valuables, he instead would tell him that his employer had a safe in the bookcase in his study and there would be more valuable than anything his family owned.

 

            Part 2: The others would go to Dr. Croswaulds’ home and try to find any clues there. Shieldra and Blaze would stay in the van while the others go inside, and Jacob monitored both team at The Big House.

 

            The first part of the plan went without a hitch. The contacts worked like a charm and just like a carefully written script, the shrink asked the right questions. When Mike came out of the doc’s office building, he went back to the flower bed as Molder turned back into his normal self. “I never want to do that again!” Dan complained.

 

            “Next time if you come up with a better plan bring it up!”  Mike told him.

 

            “Oh, believe me I will!”  Dan assured him.

 

            Team 2 got into the house with no problem thanks to Sparks’ newest invention the Skeleton Key that allowed him into any door at any time. They spread out into different parts of the house, Sparks and Mindra took the study, and Frezor searched the bedroom. “So far so good guys.” Shieldra checked in.

 

            Moments later the others joined Frezor in the bedroom, “This guy’s place is cleaner than my house.” Sparks said as they came in.

 

            “You find anything?” Mindra asked.

 

            “No nothing yet.” Frezor answered.

 

            “Well there’s a computer on his desk, I’ll upload all of his files into a flash drive while you guys keep looking.” Sparks told the others and they nodded in agreement.

 

            “Have you checked the closet?” Mindra asked Frezor.

 

            “No not yet, might as well check it out.” He opened it up and searched through the clothes, “man what a bunch of nice suits.”

 

            “Yeah very nice,” Mindra also admired the clothing, tripped over Frezors’ foot, and caught herself by placing her hands on the wall, and it glowed. “Did you see that?”

 

            “Yeah,” Frezor nodded, “Hey Sparks I think we just hit the jackpot!”

 

            “I’m almost done here; what do you got?”

 

            “It’s a safe of some kind.” Mindra answered, “We may need your Skeleton Key to get into it.”

 

            “If anything of interest is in there, you’ll have to forget about it.” Jacob’s voice came through their communicators, “Green Defender and Molder, just left the doctor’s office and thanks to the bug that Green Defender was able to put into Dr. Croswaulds’ office, he told his secretary to cancel the rest of his appointments, and is on his way home.”

 

            “Copy that, we’ll be out in two minutes.” Sparks responded, he grabbed the flash drive, shut down the computer and then he and the others exited locking up the place and sprinted back to the van and got into it just in time to see Dr. Croswauld driving up into his driveway. “Let’s head back to The Big House and set the trap.”

 

            Late that evening The Alpha Squad was in uniform and in position to seize the soon coming perpetrator. Green Defender, Shieldra, and Molder were in the study. Frezor and Blaze were hiding behind the column’s downstairs. Sparks and Mindra were hiding behind the ones upstairs and Jacob were in his Dark-Rider gear waiting in the main lobby.

 

            “We’ve been waiting for three hours now!” Blaze complained, “How long does it take for a villain to get dressed before he makes a crime?”

 

            “Not as long as it takes for you to get ready for a date.” Frezor commented and the others chuckled.

 

            “Quit the chatter you guys!” Green Defender barked through the communicators, “He could be here any minute!”

 

            “Oh, you’re right about that.” A voice came from behind and before the trio could respond and they were blasted by electricity that stunned them.

 

            “He’s in the study!” Dark-Rider exclaimed, as he and the others headed that direction, and once they were inside the study, they surrounded the enemy, and the recovering trio joined in as well.

 

            “How’d you find out our plan?” Green Defender asked weakly.

 

            “I figured you’d plan an ambush. Plus, a couple of weeks ago you told me that you and your friends were The Alpha Force.” Horror shown upon the faces of the heroes, “Don’t be too surprised, I knew you weren’t under hypnosis earlier today.”

 

            “If you knew who we were weeks ago, why didn’t you attack us then?” Molder asked him.

 

            “Because his suit wasn’t complete at that time.” Green Defender answered his friend’s question.

 

            “That is true but now that it is fully upgraded, I will defeat you all!”

 

            “In case you haven’t noticed there’s eight of us and only one of you. Give yourself up Dr. Croswauld.” Green Defender pointed out diplomatically.

 

            “It’s Dr. Nightmare now, and trust me eight, twelve, twenty. The numbers don’t matter I will defeat you all!” He shot out two beams out of his hands and blasted Dark-Rider and Molder right in the forehead and both went down eyes open and screaming in agony. “Two down six to go.”

 

            “Attack pattern Alpha-Zero-2-Gamma!” Green Defender commanded, as he and Blaze shot up into the air. Frezor made an ice slide in time to evade the next attack and shot an ice blast at Dr. Nightmare’s feet. With that distracting him, Blaze flew by him so close to his face blinding him due to the fiery heat, and he screamed in pain as he covered his eyes. Next Green Defender came down at full speed planting both fists into the face of the villain, knocking him off his feet, and the ice around his feet shattered by the impact of the attack.

 

            He got up and noticed that there was a mirror two feet from him, “You think this is over, don’t you? No, it’s just beginning!” He turned and slammed his fist into the mirror and it shattered, he picked up some pieces and threw them at the remaining fighters, when they evaded Dr. Nightmare shot his Nightmare Beams at the shattered pieces and the beams reflected and hit all them in one shot, and they joined like Molder and Dark-Rider. He then wrote a note and put in on the desk and he then grabbed Dark-Rider and left.

 

            A couple of hours later The Alpha Force finally “awoke” from their nightmarish slumber. “He took Uncle Jacob!” Shieldra cried holding the note in her hand.

 

Green Defender took her into his arms and held her, “We’ll get him back I promise.” He grabbed the note out of her hand and read it out loud, “Alpha Force, if you want to see your friend alive then come to your nightmares’ past.”

 

            “What does he mean by that?” Molder asked.

           

            “I have no idea.” Mindra answer.

 

            “I do.” Shieldra spoke up.

 

            “You do?” Green Defender asked her.

 

            “It’s about time you knew the truth.” She answered and had the others follower her down to their main Headquarters.

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

            The other Alpha Force members followed Shieldra to their base of operations below, when they reached their destination, they stood in awe of the machine before them.

 

“What is it?” Sparks asked.

 

            “This is called The Memory Jar. It can take away, replace, and put in false ones. The nightmares that Green Defender has been having are memories that should’ve been taken away and replaced with new ones.”

 

            “What memories are we talking specifically?” Frezor questioned.

 

            “Childhood memories, this machine was used on you and your families shortly after Mike moved to Silverton.”  She then explained to them more what had happened.

 

            “So, what do we do? Sit in the chair?” Blaze asked.

 

            “That and put the helmet on your head.” Shieldra instructed.

 

            “I’ll go first.” Green Defender stepped up. He sat down and put the helmet on his head and said, “Do it.” The machine sprung to life as Shieldra put in the command codes for restoration. Seconds later the process was finished, and Green Defender stood up and joined the others, “I remember everything! The escape attempts, the prodding, the experiments, and Jacob saving us.”

 

            “Speaking of which, we can play catch up later.” Sparks rushed and he took his turn. The others followed suit, and one by one, they all remembered their true memories, like as if it were yesterday. They all looked at each other with new eyes, eyes of remembrance, friendship, and hardship…the past.

 

            “Frezor, Molder, you two get the Alpha Jet ready for takeoff. Mindra, Blaze grab whatever supplies we will need. Sparks dismantle the machine piece by piece.” Green Defender instructed.

 

            “Why not destroy it?” Shieldra asked in wonder.

 

            “We may need the parts for future inventions.” Green Defender answered, “I’d rather we use what we have. Shieldra you help him, I’ll use I.Q. to track down where Dr. Nightmare took Dark-Rider by tracing his communicator.”

 

***

 

Dr. Nightmare tied Dark-Rider into the co-pilots chair in his private jet. “Well look who’s awake. Did you have unpleasant dreams?” He taunted.

 

            “Where are we? Where are the others?” Dark-Rider asked wearily.

 

            “We are heading to the place where The Alpha Force originally was formed.” He looked at Dark-Rider and saw the horror on his face for his mask was taken off, “And by the way you’re looking at me, you know exactly where. As far as The Alpha Force themselves, they should be arriving shortly.” He was interrupted by a voice on the headset.

 

            “This is The Cave, identify yourself?”

 

            “This is Grizzly One. I have come with the package as promised. The other seven will be here shortly.” He spoke into the headset’s mic.

 

            “You’re with The S.H.I.N.E.?” Dark-Rider asked in disbelief.

 

            “But of course, who do you think funded me through college, grad school, got me in the position that I am in today? The supplies for my suit? Of course, I had to prove to them that it would work for them to get me the upgrades that allowed me to defeat you.”

 

            “So, the robberies…”

 

            “Was just to prove that my suit worked and for some personal investments for the future.” He landed the plane, and they exited out with guards taking Dark-Rider to a holding cell. Dr. Nightmare went into the communications room of the complex. There on the big screen was S.H.I.N.E.’s new director, “Well done Doctor, how soon do you think till The Alpha Force arrives?”

 

            “Within a couple of hours Superior, the effects of my Nightmare Blasts should’ve worn off by now.”

 

            “Excellent, contact me once they are captured.” And the screen went blank.

Dr. Nightmare turned to the man next to him who was in his late fifties, “General ready your men for a full-scale attack.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

 

 

            As The Alpha Force’s high-powered jet streamed across the sky towards their destination, they began their briefing; “The place they’re holding Dark-Rider is the same place that they took us to when we were kids.” Green Defender started, “On paper it’s a military compound, so by us attacking it is a risk I believe that’s worthy of taking.” He looked at the others and they nodded in agreement.

 

            “In the process we are taking out a S.H.I.N.E.-Controlled installation.” Shieldra added.

 

            “So, we all know the repercussions of the attack we are about to partake in. But the fact is Dark-Rider is a part of this team and we leave no one behind.” Molder put in, and the others nodded.

 

            “According to the facts of the compound,” Sparks started to say, “…there are 1,000 personnel, 800 of them are infantry, 25 tech support, 50 Ariel support, 50 tanks, and 75 guardsmen within the complex itself.”

 

            Frezor whistled, “Boy they play for keeps.”

 

            “Don’t forget, that place was created for one thing…us.” Mindra brought up.

 

            “What if they have been experimenting on other people?” Blaze asked.

 

            “Then we put an end to it once and for all!” Green Defender stated.

 

            “What I want to know, is why only 75 guardsmen inside?” Molder pondered.

 

“If you recall they had hundreds of traps throughout the complex that is more than likely the reason.” Sparks answered logically.

 

            The console beeped, “We’re coming up on our destination.” Frezor announced, as he turned off the autopilot, then more beeping. “They’re not fooling around; radar is picking up all 50 jets heading our direction!”

 

            “Shields up!” Green Defender ordered.

 

            “They’re up and holding.” Molder spoke from the tactical station.

 

            “They’re coming in for their first attack!” Frezor warned.

 

            “Prepare for impact!” Green Defender warned, “Once they passed, fire rear missiles. Target only the un-manned drones.”

 

            The first wave hit The Alpha Jet, and it bumped around as the hits came. And as soon as they had passed Molder fired the rear missiles, and they hit their intended target, “Ten down forty to go.” Molder announced to the others.

 

            “Fire another set, along with heat seekers.”

 

            “Will do G.D.”

 

            Inside the compound Dr. Nightmare and the General watched the dog fight on the monitor, “Why are they only destroying the unmanned jets?” The General questioned.

 

            “Because the Alpha Force are Christians, they don’t believe in killing.” Dr. Nightmare informed him. “That, will be their downfall.”

 

            Moments passed as the attack continued, all the unmanned drones were downed as well as some of the manned jets, but the pilots were able to eject before their jet blew up. After they realized they were losing the battle they retreated, 

           

“Shields are at 60%.” Molder reported.

 

            “We’re coming up to our destination.” Frezor announced.

 

            “Set the jet down two miles from the complex.” Green Defender told him.

 

            Once the jet landed, they went to the rear of the plane and opened the door to exit and in front of them were all fifty tanks. “I really know where to land now don’t I?” Frezor asked sarcastically.

 

            “Alpha Force!” A voice came through the lead tanks’ intercom, “This is General Red Striketon, you have exactly thirty seconds to surrender, or I will have no choice but have my tanks open fire! Your thirty seconds begin…now!”

 

            “Boy they really never give us enough time, do they?” Sparks joked.

 

            “Let’s see fifty tanks, one hundred infantry units versus the seven of us…Yeah I think we can take ‘em” Green Defender toyed around the thought and the others looked at him.

 

            “You can’t be serious?” Blaze questioned in disgust.

 

            “I think he is.” Molder stated.

 

            “Ten seconds!” The General warned.

 

            “God’s for us who can be against us.” Shieldra reminded them.

 

            “Three, two, one. What’s your decision?”

 

            “Hit us with your best shot!” Green Defender answered him and blasted a tank with his stun blaster.

 

            The sounds of gunfire filled the air, and all targeted The Alpha Force, and all Dr. Nightmare and General Striketon could see was smoke on the monitors, “Hold your fire!” the order came. Once all the dust and smoke settled, all they could see to their dismay was a layer of ice, then a layer of fire dissipating, as they were being supported by an invisible shield, and The Alpha Force standing majestically! “That’s impossible! No one could survive an assault like that!” Striketon exclaimed in disbelief.

 

            “Hey General!” Green Defender called out, “How do you like our triple layer protection?”

 

            “You snot nosed punk!” The General cursed.

 

            “Last time I checked my nose wasn’t having any problems.” He taunted.

 

            “Don’t you think you’re over doing it?” Sparks asked him.

 

            “Nah!”

 

            “Just checking.”  Sparks sighed.

 

            “Molder, Frezor, take out the infantry, the rest of us will take care of the tanks.” Green Defender ordered.

 

            “I always liked playing with army soldiers.” Frezor punned, as they slid off on an ice slide. As they approached the armed forces, they were warned to surrender, 

           

            “Gee, what a cold reception, allow me to return the favor.” He froze them all in place with a blast of cold but allowed them to be able to breathe.

 

            Molder jumped off the slide, “Hey you guys ever get that sinking feeling?” He asked as the ground below their feet turned into quicksand, and like regular quicksand the more they struggled, and tried to get away the quicker they sank. Molder than turned the ground back to normal when they were all down to their necks. 

           

            “Look on the bright side, there aren’t any ants around…that I know of.”

 

            Sparks used his super speed and lighting bolt abilities to take out his targets in a short amount of time. Blaze melted the vital parts of the tank’s functions, the wheels, the gun turrets. The bullets they fired at her would just melt before they could even reach her skin. Mindra worked together with Shieldra, protecting them with her shield abilities and Mindra would use her stun blasters at the ones trying to escape out of the tanks for they had realized that they were losing the battle. Green Defender would pick up a tank and throw it at another, multiple times until all the tanks taken out of the picture. 

 

            After a few moments, the team regrouped and approached the complex. “Knock, knock!” Green Defender said as he punched the door open. Emptiness is all that stood in front of them. “Keep your eyes and ears open team.” The others nodded and they followed their leader. Blaze lit up her hand to bring in some light. 

Then all the sudden the light got brighter and brighter.

 

            “Tone it down a bit Blaze!” Molder complained

 

            “It’s not me…” Then came a big blast of energy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

 

 

 

            The Alpha Force awoke each of them chained up on a bed in a white-walled cell, “Now all we need is some aliens and some probing instruments.” Green Defender said aloud, and they all murmured weakly.

 

            “You know, for once I like to go one day without having to hear a Sci-Fi reference from you.” Sparks responded sarcastically. “And not getting captured as well would be nice.”

 

            “Too bad this is the last time for you to get captured.” Dr. Nightmare’s voice came throughout the room. They looked up to the observation room above them, “I am so glad though you are awake before S.H.I.N.E. gets here. It’ll give me time to delightfully torture you some more.”

 

            “Has anyone ever told you that the words delightfully and torture is an oxy-moron?” Green Defender asked.

 

            “My, my, still have some energy left in you. Despite that you have no way to use your powers thanks to the lights above each of your heads.”

 

            “He’s right, my fire is out.” Blaze concurred.

 

            “Now that you can see that I am in the one in control, shall we begin?” Dr. Nightmare pressed a couple of buttons and a dark purple laser shot out at each of their heads. The Alpha Force was reliving their deepest darkest nightmares, and it is playing right before their very eyes. They screamed in horror, as the images flooded their minds. In the observation room, Dr. Nightmare along with the General watched them in delight of the defeat of his enemies.

 

            “Stop this madness!” Came a voice from behind them. They turned and saw the weakened Dark-Rider, chained up to the wall, “They do not deserve this type of barbaric torture of technology!”

 

            “Madness? Mad, am I? Well, sorry if I feed off the fear of others and take pleasure from it. Besides they’re hardly human.”

 

            “They’re more human than you are!”  Dark-Rider corrected him.

 

            “Silence!” Striketon ordered as he punched Dark-Rider in the jaw.

 

            Green Defender was “dreaming” that he could not lift himself off the ground. Molder felt like he was being shaped into whatever the nightmare desired. Blaze was trapped in Antarctica, and Frezor was in a cage hanging over a volcano. Mindra was dreaming that she was put into an insane asylum, Sparks was unable to outrun Noga-Head’s missiles, and Shieldra was reliving the day that her family left her at her uncle’s house. Their experiences were being displayed on several monitors for Dr. Nightmare to admire, “How delicious.”

 

            Dark-Rider looked onto the monitors in horror, and he prayed in his heart, “Dear God in heaven, please come to our aide.” Within seconds, a flash of light came through the building, and a figure that only Dark-Rider could see, stood next to Green Defender, “Thank you.”

 

            “Can’t move!” Green Defender grunted as he struggled to get free. He then looked up at a bright light that had suddenly come up next to him, “Are you for us or against us?” He quoted from the book of Joshua.

 

            “My name is Gabriel, young warrior of The Living God. I’ve been instructed to tell you by HE who sits upon the Throne of Glory, for you to call upon the Spirit Blade, and it shall renew your strength.” Then he was gone.

 

            “In the Name of Jesus Christ, Spirit Blade come to my hand!” Green Defender called aloud, and within seconds, the sword had traveled hundreds of miles within seconds to the callers’ hand. The power that flowed within The Spirit Blade went into him, and he broke away the chains that had held him and began to set the others free.

 

            In the observation room, Dr. Nightmare was beside himself, “Where did that sword come from? And how did he get his powers back and freed himself?”

 

            “He’s not the only one that’s been set free, look!” The General pointed out.

 

            “Looks like Green Defender didn’t tell you everything.” Dark-Rider taunted.

Below 

            The Alpha Force huddled together and said in one accord, “In the Name of Jesus Christ, let our abilities be restored!” There was a glow of great energy and when it dissipated, they stood ready for their next fight.

 

            “Now…your nightmare is just beginning Doc!” Green Defender assured him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

            They flew up into the observation room and crashed through the glass and were met by ten guards who did not even last a minute to react. Shieldra went over to Dark-Rider and released him from his chains, while the others confronted Dr. Nightmare and General Striketon, “Surrender Doc and let’s call it a day.” Green Defender offered diplomatically.

 

            “I don’t think so.” He answered as he threw down a smoke bomb and black smoke filled the room. It took two minutes for the smoke to thin out, and they saw that he and The General were gone.

 

            “Now what?” Sparks asked disappointingly.

 

            “We follow after them!” Green Defender answered him as he led the charge back to the entrance of the building. When they got there more security forces than they had beaten before met them. “This can’t be good.”

 

            “Sorry,” Came Dr. Nightmares’ voice from a jet above them, “but I’ve got a plane to catch!” He laughed evilly as the jet left the ground.

 

            “He’s getting away!” Mindra complained.

 

            “Right now, he’s the least of our worries.” Dark-Rider told them all as they began to battle once again.

 

            Four hours later The Alpha Force arrived at The Big House and called their folks saying they would be home soon from putting in some extra overtime. When they had showered and got into fresher clothes, they all went home, and were glad that tomorrow was Sunday for they needed a day of rest. The following evening all of them had been in their own homes watching The American News with their families to see if they were mentioned. “The Alpha Squad, who thought to be considered heroes by the students and faculty of Silverton High School attacked a military hospital this weekend killing all those who were being treated, as well as the hospital staff. The President of the United States is petitioning to his colleagues to put more funding into The S.H.I.N.E. organization. ‘We must bring back this organization to life, so it may end The Alpha Force, and any of those who may join their cause of terrorism.’” In their homes each of the teens shocked, but did not show it, to prevent curiosity from their families. “In other news,” the reporter continued, “Dr. Harold Croswauld, aka Dr. Nightmare, was also part of the terror attack by The Alpha Force. An anonymous tip came into the Silverton Police earlier leading to a warrant of the home belonging to the suspected robber/terrorist. The whereabouts of him and The Alpha Force are still unknown.”  With that said, each of the teens went to bed, and called it a night.

 

            They met together in the schools’ newspaper room for lunch to discuss their plans. “I say we just give it up.” John admitted, “Everyone is against us.”

 

            “Not everyone John, there is still a lot of people here at the school that still supports us.” Ally told him.

 

            “I don’t know about your guys’ churches, but mine has totally become Anti-Alpha Force.” Dan brought up, and he looked at the others and they nodded.

 

            “My Pastor took a verse totally out of context showing that we are evil.” Clara shared, beginning to cry, and Nicole took a hold of her to share in her pain.

 

            “Yours too huh?” Dave asked, and all of them nodded.

 

            “You’re being awfully quiet Mike.” Nicole observed.

 

            “Thinking…” He told her as he looked out the window watching some of the students picketing for The Alpha Force to show themselves and surrender.

 

            “What’s to think about?” John blew up, “I say we just go out there and tell the whole world who we are!”

 

            “And what will that prove John?” Clara asked him.

 

            “People here know what good kids we are, and that we’ve never caused any problems.”  John answered.

 

            “I am not ready to unmask myself.” Mike spoke up and then turned around at the others. “What about the rest of you? We know the truth, and the truth has set us free. But for us to turn ourselves in for something we did not even do is absurd in my book! All my life I read comics and watched T.V. shows with people doing heroic things with abilities or not. One thing they always did was to do the right thing, but now…We are like them, we need to do the right thing and that is to defend others and ourselves. Moreover, we cannot do that if we are being strapped to a table, being experimented on. So, what’s it going to be…?” He put his hand out, and Nicole put hers on top of his, and the others joined suit, and finally John put his in. 

 

            “We are The Alpha Force, and we are the world’s only defense against the evil and darkness of our day!” They spoke out together and departed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

            In a cheap motel just outside of Silverton, in a room that stunk like rotten eggs, Dr. Harold Croswauld aka Dr. Nightmare was laying on his bed, watching a show on a 12” plasma screen, when the phone rang, “Yes…I understand…. It will be done…I know the consequences of my failure.” He hung up the phone and an evil smile came across his face, “Soon Alpha Force, I will have my revenge for you taking my life.”

 

            The days went on without incidence, and the teens met at The Big House for a briefing of Jacob’s findings. “I was finally able to decrypt all the files on the flash drive that Sparks had used when you infiltrated Dr. Nightmare’s home.” He looked at all of them, and they looked at him with looks for him to continue. “As I was saying, his suit is made up of an alloy that doesn‘t match with anything within our data banks, however it protects him from being attacked by his own Nightmare beams and also according to these notes it says no lasers or any type of beam attacks can penetrate it…”

 

            “So, stun-bolts are out of the question.” Shieldra butted in.

 

            “Yes, that is unless you can find a way for it to be taken off. Most likely his mask that so that if we are able hit him with one of his own beams then he will out like all of his victims.”

 

            “Well, tomorrow is The Homecoming Night.” Green Defender spoke up, “If I was him, I would attack then.”

 

            “Then you best be prepared, everyone suit-up and enter The Holo-Dome.” Jacob instructed.

 

            The following night was Homecoming night for the students of Silverton High, the football team had won, and now along with their fellow students was ready to get down and boogie. The teens were dressed up in semi-formal fashion, while they looked like they were having a good time as well as their classmates; they were ready for Dr. Nightmare to come out of the darkness to make his final attempt to defeat them. After a few upbeat numbers, John being The D.J. put on something slow so the couples to get close to one another. Mike and Nicole took one another each other’s arms and danced. “So far so good.” Nicole told him, trying to get him to talk, for he had been silent all night. His only response was a nod, for his eyes were searching for their adversary. “You know, you could at least say how nice my dress looks.”

 

            “Sorry babe, I’m just…”

 

            “I know, you’re doing your job,” she finished for him, “but even leaders need to know when to put their guard down long enough to dance with their girl.”

 

            “Yeah, I know, it’s just that…I never told you of my other nightmare that I’ve had over the last couple of weeks.”

 

            “Oh, what is that?”

 

            “You were going to break up with me.”

 

            “You too huh? I’ve had the same one for a while now myself.” She admitted.

 

“Well don’t worry I don’t plan on letting you go.” He assured her, looking into her eyes with hope.

 

            “Me too.”

 

            The other teens watched the two as they danced, “You know I got a question?” Clara asked Ally, “Why is it that Mike and Nicole have someone to dance with and we don’t?”

 

            “You know what that is a good question.” Ally agreed, and they looked at each other and approached the two boys. “Dave…” She said to him as she held out her hand, and he looked at her strangely. She gave him an impatient look and then grabbed his hand and dragged him onto the dance floor.

 

            Dan laughed at his friend as he was being dragged like a cat being put into a bathtub full of water. “What are you laughing at?” Clara asked him as she did the same as Ally.

 

            Mike and Nicole looked at the four of them with shock, “Well I guess that’s one way for the guys not to look inconspicuous.” Nicole pointed out.

 

            Then all the sudden John was knocked away from the sound system by a beam of purple light! When everyone turned to see what had happened, and a dark figure stood in his place and spoke into the microphone. “Greetings students of Silverton High…And welcome to your nightmare!” He pointed up to the disco ball that was hanging high above them and shot out a Nightmare beam into it causing it to shoot out multiple blasts at the students below them. The students ran in terror but were blocked by soldiers guarding all the exits.

 

            “We gotta do something!” Dave exclaimed as he dodged a blast.

 

            “Yeah but what?” Asked Dan, “S.H.I.N.E.’s soldiers are guarding all the exits.”

 

            “First thing is first we need to recover John and then find a way to get somewhere so we can activate our disguises.” Mike told the others. He motioned them to follow him to around where John was blasted to and when they got to him, he was starting to get up. “How did the blast not affect you?”

 

            “Simple, I spent most of last night finding out the material that protects him from his own blasts and it’s called Nightstone, a rare element found only just within the last couple of years so and I was able to find a piece of it in my rock collection.”

 

“So, the suit you’re wearing…” Dave began to ask but they all moved out of the way of another blast.

 

            “Is made up of Nightstone.” John confirmed, “Plus I had time tonight before the game to upgrade our bio-suits to where they have Nightstone integrated within them.”

 

            “Good work John!” Mike congratulated him, “Now we just gotta get somewhere to activate our bio-suits and take out Dr. Nightmare once and for all!”

 

            “The guards are being distracted by our fellow classmates and the doc is too busy lighting up the place.” Ally observed, “We can probably get into the each other’s respective locker rooms without them noticing.”

 

            “Okay let’s do it!”

 

            Minutes later, they were out of the locker rooms and once again, they were The Alpha Force! “Shieldra, you take out that Nightmare Ball. Blaze, Molder, Frezor, you three take out the guards, while Sparks and Mindra help the students escape.”

 

            “What are you going to do G.D.?” Asked Molder.

 

            “I got one last appointment with my shrink.” He answered, “Everyone activate the Nightstone mode to protect you from the blasts.”

 

            They parted ways, Shieldra put a shield around the globe, and the blasts were contained…for now. “Shieldra to Green Defender I’ve contained the Nightmare Ball but not sure how long I can hold it in place.”

 

            “Do your best Shieldra. I’ll be as fast as I can in defeating Dr. Nightmare, just be ready for my signal.”

 

            Blaze and the others split up to take out the guards, “Hey there hot stuff going my way?” Asked one of the guards.

 

            “Oh, you did not just say that!” She countered as she melted their weapons. Then she formed a ring of fire around them. “Reminds you of a song don’t it?” She asked them as she left.

 

            Frezor froze the guards in place to allow the students to get through. “We thought you were going to kill us?” Said one of the football players.

 

            “Don’t believe everything you see on T.V.” Frezor answered him and motioned that they get going.

 

            Molder turned his whole body into Nightstone, and the stun rays bounced off him, and when he got close enough, he punched them out with one hit each. “Hmm, I gotta remember this form.”

 

            Mindra and Sparks picked up those who had been shot down and brought them to the exits where some of the students were there to lend them a hand. Once they got all of them out, they regrouped with the others to help Green Defender.

 

Green Defender made a beeline for Dr. Nightmare, who saw the green hero head his way, and he noticed that Shieldra was containing the Nightmare Ball. “So, my young friend you think you have defeated me just yet?” In addition, he blasted at the Green Defender who kept walking towards as the beams were being absorbed within the bio-suit.

 

            “No but I’m getting there.” Green Defender smiled under his mask at the shocked look at his adversary. “What’s the matter doc seen a ghost?”

 

            “Impossible. How’d you get a hold of The Nightstone?”

 

            “Simple I have a friend that can turn into rocks!” Green Defender answered sarcastically and gave the enemy an uppercut that knocked him off balance. He continued his assault with a series of punches and kicks, and with each blow, he picked up the pace to where there was smoke coming off the villain’s costume. Within seconds, all the Nightstone that was laced within the costume was burned off. “Now Shieldra!” Green Defender spoke through his communicator and he sped out of the way in time for the ball to hit Dr. Nightmare and his body glowed a purplish light and he screamed in agony for now he was living his ultimate nightmare…being defeated by a bunch of teenagers. Green Defender looked at his gloves and boots and they were scuffed up so bad a Marine would have a psychotic break.

 

            “How did you know that pounding Nightstone with Nightstone was a way to wear it off?” Asked Sparks.

 

            “Saw it on an old Sci-Fi film.” He answered.

 

            “I should’ve known.” Sparks said shaking his head in disbelief.

 

            “Freeze Alpha Force!” Came a voice and within seconds they were surrounded by men in fatigues bearing the patches of The United Nations Police Force. “You’re under arrest for the Murder of nearly 3,000 people!”

 

            “Sorry gents.” Green Defender apologized as he snuck in an energy cell into his hand as he and the others raised their hands into the air, “But you’ll have to capture us another time.” He then threw down the energy cell onto the ground, and the impact caused it to explode with a bright light that blinded the men surrounding them and when the light had faded, The Alpha Force was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 

            The teens returned home with thankful parents that they were safe. In addition, on the news it showed that The United Nations Police Force, apprehended Dr. Nightmare at the high school. It had also said that they were unable to apprehend The Alpha Force, due to a technological failure of their equipment.  A likely story. Mike thought to himself. During the weekend, the teens took the time to recover from their last couple of days of fighting evil and spend times with their families.

 

            The following Monday, the teens met up for lunch in the newspaper room and discussed their weekends. Once again, Mike was quiet. “I don’t if it’s the silence that’s killing me, or the fact that you haven’t said any Sci-Fi references.” John joked.

 

            “I’m just thinking that’s all.” He told the others.

 

            “What’s that Mike?” Dave wondered.

 

            “We were attacked by someone that has gotten closer to us than any other person about our secret. My question is this; if a person like Dr. Croswauld can be evil, then who will be the next villain that will take us on?”

 

            “Who knows maybe someone from our past?” Clara suggested.

 

            “Maybe even a fellow student?” Dan added.

 

            “Whoever it is. We’ll be ready for it.” Nicole assured them as they looked outside where the construction crews were beginning to repair the damage done to the gym.

 

             Prison Island, a place where the most sinister and vile offenders are sent to, Dr. Harold Croswauld aka Dr. Nightmare, was put into a padded cell. He wore a straitjacket and was leaning himself against a far corner of the cell. The guard outside announced that he had a visitor, the door opened and a attractive woman in her mid-thirties, wearing a brown business outfit, with a briefcase and she came into the cell. “Hello Harold.” She greeted him with a strong Russian accent. “I’m sure you’ve been expecting me.” He looked up at her and once he recognized whom she was, he looked at her in horror. “Yes, that’s right it’s me. You see, we have you blab out the true identities of The Alpha Force, so I have sent to assure that happens.” She opened the brief case there were two syringes, “This one here is going to make you sane again, and it has traces of Nightstone in it.” He whimpered as she stuck the needle in his arm, and she pushed the fluid within into his system. She then put that one away, and grabbed the other one, “And this one is for you to go into a small coma, just long enough to where you can’t stand for trial until your services are needed again.”

 

            “Please don’t…” He begged weakly.

 

            “You poor thing,” she talked to him sympathetically, petting his hair, “You won’t feel a thing.”

 

            Two minutes later once she knew that he was out, she put the syringe back into its place and then asked the guard to open the door. She then instructed the guard to wait a couple of hours before mentioning that the prisoner was unresponsive. Then he would go and have him be put into the medical facility. She then handed off an envelope; she then went to the main gate where she handed another envelope to the gate guard and thanked him as he erased any trace of her being there. As she walked up to the helicopter, she took out her cell phone that was in her coat pocket, punched in a couple of number, “This is Ruthers. It’s done.”

 

© 2020 Michael Gill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a good add i liked a lot of the characters, if you likeother comics please come see cut of the sacrending chapter of mine it wont disspaoint anybody and plus if you like sic fi you like this so dont forget to stop by.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2020

Author

Michael Gill
Michael Gill

Eugene, OR



About
I write Christian Sci-fi stories and am looking forward someday in getting them published for all who wish to read it. more..

Writing