The Alpha Force:  The Secret of The Haunted Carnival.

The Alpha Force: The Secret of The Haunted Carnival.

A Story by Michael Gill

The Secret of The Haunted Carnival

 

 

Prelude

 

 

 

Two days after defeating The Society, the teens said good-bye to The Beta Squad as they had decided to call themselves with their leader Shieldra.  However, not before she could say good-bye to her boyfriend for over a year.  “I’m sorry that I have to leave you like this.”  She apologized sweetly.

Mike Black aka The Dark-Rider took her in his arms and held her close, “Don’t worry I’ll be fine.  Plus if I need to talk to you all I got to do is calling you up on the view screen.”  She chuckled in response to the words “view screen”, for she knew he was making a Star Trek reference to cheer her up.

“Don’t change on me, you sci-fi geek.”

“I won’t, I promise.”  He held her one last time and saw her to the new Beta Jet.

“Majority of the equipment is already there,” Jacob assured her and the other members of The Beta Squad.  “The rest of it will there once Sparks and I finish getting it put together.”

Thanks, Uncle Jacob.”  Nicole hugged him good-bye.  “Watch over Mike for me please?”

“I will do so.”  He promised her.  With that, all said they all entered the jet and took off.

“All right everyone we got work to do,” Mike ordered, and they followed.

Two weeks later:

“Dear Mike, this past couple of weeks has made me think about our situation.  I think it is best that you and I go our separate ways.  No, I haven’t met anyone, but I do believe that over the course of the past couple of months we have grown apart in some ways.  I love you dearly, but I don’t think you and I are to be, but I will always be with you in your heart as you are in mine.  Please don’t think evil of me.  Love Nicole Cagney aka Shieldra.”  He took a hold of the letter and read it in disbelief.  There was no mistaking her handwriting and the tear marks on the letter.

“There is no evil you, my love. “  He spoke to himself as if she was standing right in front of him, “You are in my heart.”

 

Chapter One.

 

 

 

                October 28th, 3 days before Halloween.

                It was that time once again in the town of Silverton as well as across the world for Halloween was drawing near.  Families were carving pumpkins and stocking up on candy as well as putting up Halloween decorations to celebrate the once a year holiday.  The only time the town’s heroes The Alpha Force felt not so left out on, for they could wear their costumes which they called Bio-Suits without people getting antsy thinking them as kids in costumes trick and treating.

Mike Black the leader of The Alpha Force was cooking breakfast for everyone with the help of their mentor Jacob Cagney who was the previous Dark-Rider.  As the rest of the teens piled in for breakfast, they each grabbed a glass of juice or milk and sat down.  Mike sat down with them, led them in a prayer of thanks for the food of which was prepared.  While they ate, Mike was reading the newspaper that they got daily and Mike was always the first one to it, and then he would hand it off to the others.  Hey, guys guess what’s coming to town starting tonight?”  He asked all them.

“A Sci-Fi Convention?  A Comic-Con?” Dan asked teasing his friend.

“I wish, but no a carnival, A Haunted Carnival in fact,” Mike announced.

“Whoa sounds scary!”  Ally sounded out.

“Maybe we can go out tonight?”  Angie asked especially looking at her boyfriend John, and he looked at their fearless leader.

“We can’t tonight,” Mike said bluntly.

“Why not?”  They asked all at the same time.

“Because you guys have a Biology test tomorrow remember for your honors class?”  Mike reminded them.

“That’s tomorrow, oh man; I thought it was next week!”  Clara complained.

“Nope plus we’ll have to do a couple of patrols tonight.”  Mike told them, “With the carnival around that’ll give some small time criminals to be up to no good.”

“Can’t we leave them to the police?  I mean that’s what they’re for.”  Dave suggested.

“The police will have their hands full with carnival more than likely, plus we really need the positive influence in the community right now.”  Dan agreed with Mike.

Well, it’s almost time for school.”  Jacob reminded them.  They grabbed their lunches and headed out to the school.

They met at lunch and then met once again at the parking lot and headed back to The Big House.  That night not much crime happened as they had hoped since they all had tests to study for…all but Mike.  “Why don’t you become an honor student Mike?  I mean you have all the time in the world.”  Dan wondered.

“I never wanted to be.  Plus this way I have more time to watch my sci-fi shows.”  He explained to them.

“Will you ever tire of those stupid shows?”  Clara asked.

“Nope.  Besides, I believe that someday we might get some ideas on those shows to use in our quest to defeat The Society.  Well, time for you guys to go and study up.  Good night.” They said good night and left Mike in their underground HQ.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

                The teens arrived at the school the next morning and noticed that some of the vehicles that were parked before they usually got there were not there yet.  Mike made a mental note of it but did not say anything.  As they walked through the hallways, they could hear everyone talking about the great time they had at The Carnival and encouraged others that didn’t.  A couple of students came up to the teens and asked if they were going and they assured them that, they were planning on it.  “Luckies,” Angie complained, but John reminded her that they were going that night and she calmed down.

Well, it seems like those who did go had a great time last night,” Dave observed.

“Yeah and those who aren’t here must be home sick by eating too much cotton candy.”  Clara joked.

“Could very well be,” Mike muttered cryptically.

“What is that supposed to mean?”  John asked knowing that Mike was being his cryptic self again.

“Nothing, just thinking out loud.  Have a good day everyone.”  Mike answered and they all departed.

That evening the teens went to The Carnival and after they had paid for their tickets by someone dressed up in a zombie costume, they looked at a list of all the main attractions:  Dr. Blood’s Laboratory, Madame Scarlet's Fortune Telling, Vampiro's Haunted Theater, Kill Joy's Killer Fun House, Frankie's Test of Strength, Wolfgang's Howlin’ Dance Hall, Laguna's Tunnel of Love and Terror, Ghastly the Ghost's House of Poltergeists, and Igoro's Torture Chamber.

“Lots of ticket sellers,” John commented.

Well, they also have Roller Coasters, Carousels, and games to win more tickets.”  Ally pointed out.

“Let’s try to stay in pairs or more just in case we run into any kind of trouble,” Mike instructed.

“Oh come on Mike!  It’s a Carnival for crying out loud!”  Dan complained.

“Just trying to take the necessary precaution that’s all.”  He defended his point.

Hey, we girls’ haven’t had a girl’s night in quite some time,” Clara mentioned.

Okay, then it's settled us girls are going to hang out and you guys can argue to your heart’s content.”  Ally commented, grabbed Angie by the arm, and dragged her away.

“See you later Johnny Boy!”  She waved good-bye to her boyfriend.

“Did that just happen?”  Dan asked.

“Yep, they made our minds up for us.”  Dave laughed.

“Johnny boy?”  Mike asked in humor.

“Shut up,” John answered annoyingly.  “Dave and I are gonna check out the games,” he informed the group as they left.

“Looks like it’s just you and me big guy.”  Dan patted Mike on the back, “So where to first?  Frankie's Test of Strength?”  Mike answered with a disapproved look by the suggestion, “Right, how about Vampiro’s Haunted Theater?”

“Now you’re talking!”  Mike smiled and they took off to the show.

The girls’ went to Wolfgang's Howlin’ Dance Hall; they paid to get in with two tickets per person to another person dressed up as a zombie.  “Is it just me or are there a lot of guys dressed like zombies?”  Angie asked.

“Yeah but it’s just guys in costumes, Clara answered, and then she looked up at the DJ stand and saw a person in a Werewolf costume wearing sunglasses, a Hawaiian T-Shirt, and matching shorts. “But of course I’ve seen weirder things.”  She laughed and pointed them to the DJ.

“This music is really rocking!”  Ally shouted over the loud music.

Yeah, not a bad sound system.”  Angie agreed and Clara nodded, and they lost themselves in the music.

John and Dave went into Dr. Blood’s Laboratory to see what kind of freaky stuff they could see.  They paid two tickets each to a person in a lab coat and went in.  As they looked around, they saw beating hearts and breathing lungs in jars.  “Anatomy class eat your heart out.” John punned.

“This stuff looks like from a scene out of a bad sci-fi flick that Mike likes to watch,” Dave mentioned.

Yeah, they sure do look real don’t they?”  John observed as he peered into a jar of eyeballs.

“Do you think they are?”  Dave gulped.

“No.  You know how much trouble they would get into?”

“True, okay I’ve had enough of this place, let’s get out of here.”

Dan and Mike had just left Vampiro’s’ Haunted Theater and they were talking about what they had just seen.  “Seriously I’ve seen better special effects out of a bad sci-fi movie,” Mike told his friend.

“True, but you have to admit, it looked pretty real when Vampiro took a bite at her neck and the blood that flowed out of her.”

“Maybe so, but it’s all for showman.  Trust me I’m an expert at these sorts of things.”

Hey, Mike!”  A voice from behind them.

He turned around to see Mindy, one of his classmates, “Oh hi Mindy. What’s happening?”

“Well I wanted to take a trip into The Tunnel of Love and Terror but they told me you have to be with someone, and so I was wondering…”

“I’m your knight.”  He answered her before she could ask.

Well, not a white knight.”  She commented at his black clothing attire, “But I guess a Black Knight will do.”  She grabbed him by the arm and led him to their destination.

“I’ll see you at the end of the tunnel!”  Mike shouted towards his friend.  They approached the entrance to the tunnel, Mike paid for their admission with his tickets to a person in a sea creature costume, got into the boat, and they began their journey into The Tunnel of Love and Terror.

“Thanks for buying my way in.”  Mindy thanked him, “I didn’t know a Black Knight could be such a gentleman.”

“There’s a lot about me you don’t know.”  He commented.  There were creatures coming out of the sides of the tunnel, the ceiling, and out of the water.  As they neared, the end of the tunnel a bright light blasted out…and it was not the light at the end of the tunnel either.  Once they got back to shore, he helped her out of the boat.  “That was fun huh?”

“Must go see Madame Scarlet,” Mindy answered in monotone and walked away.

“Well okay…”  Mike began to stutter trying to think of something to say, “She’s a fake in case you needed to know.”

“So did she enjoy the ride?”  Dan asked.

“I guess so.”  He answered, and began to walk away.

Hey, how are things with Nicole?”  Dan asked. Mike answered with a solemn look on his face, “Oh why wonder you were willing to go with Mindy through that place.”  Mike nodded.  “So did she break up with a video message?”

“More like a dear Mikey letter.”

“Ouch,” Dan responded and they met up with the others at the center of The Carnival and they headed back to The Big House.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

               

When the teens arrived at the school the next day, they saw that everything was locked up.  They approached the doors to the school and there was a note stating, “Due to the lack of staff and students, the school is closed until further notice.”

“Let’s head back to The Big House,” Dave said.

“No, we’re going to The Carnival.”  Mike countered, “Something tells me, that’s where our answers lie.”

They got there and noticed that the place was locked up.  “An electronic lock,” John spoke up.

“A bit expensive for a Carnival to use,” Mike mentioned.  “John, if you be so kind to let us in?”

“Sure thing,” John answered as he placed his hand over the lock and within seconds the lock beeped, and they went in.

They all looked around and saw that no one was around, “This is strange.”  Dan commented, “You would think they would be open and all.”

“Something tells me this isn’t a normal Carnival now,” Mike spoke up.

“Are you thinking The Society is behind this?”  Angie asked.

“Not sure, let’s look around.”  Mike answered, “Let’s split up like we did when we here last time. Visit the places we went into and even look at places we didn’t go to.”  They nodded and departed.

Dave and John went into the lab again to see if they could find any clues.  “Do you think that we might be falling into a trap?”  Dave asked.

“If we are, then let’s hope we’re ready for it,” John answered.  “I’m now wondering if those people we saw in the costumes were really costumes at all.”

“You think they might be real…I think we been friends with Mike too long.”  Dave answered jokingly.

“Well there’s nothing here,” John said, “Let’s move onto the next attraction.”

The girls went into the dance hall to begin their part of the investigation.  It was empty, not a soul in sight.  It was dark, so Clara lit up her hand to shed some light on the subject.  “Where should we start looking?”  She asked her two friends.

“Sound system.”  Ally answered.  They looked at it and toyed with it until they saw the computer.  Ally turned it on and began to hack into it, and then said, “I think we may have something here.”

“What’s that?”  Asked Angie.

“When you turn down everything, and only one sound sticks out.”

“Go to Madame Scarlet’s‘‘.  The voice over the speakers kept saying repeatedly.

Well, now we know where our next stop is,” Clara mentioned and they left.

Mike and Dan were heading to The Tunnel of Love and Terror when he spotted someone approaching them; he was wearing a brown cloak and was wearing tanned clothing as if he was out of the pages of history.  “Greetings young Dark-Rider, we meet again.”  He pulled off the hood of the cloak, and it was Gabriel one of the Angels’ that they had met before.  “It is good to see that you are here.”

“What’s going on here Gabriel?”  Mike asked.

“Gabriel? As in the Angel?”  Dan asked.

“Yeah, he was the one that told me to call for the Laser Blade when we were captured by Dr. Nightmare.”

“I came here to tell you of a new ability that The God of Heaven wishes for you to have.  You may recall that were times when your eyes glowed?”

“Yeah I do, that was weird.”

“It is called The Eyes of Truth.  You can use this ability only when you take off your glasses and they will glow when you use this one, it will show your enemies that you know whom they really are.  And to answer your next question they glow green for that is the color of your iris is it not?”

“That is true.  Anything else?”

“Yes, these people are not of The Society, however, they do have one thing in common, they follow the same master.”  He then turned his head upwards as if someone is talking to him, “I must go now.  Remember He is with you and your friends, even until the end of the age.”  He flew up into the air.

“Wow cool.”  That was all Dan could say.

“Tell me about it.  Now let’s do what we came here to do.”  And they headed to the end of the tunnel.

“Why not start at the beginning of the tunnel?”  Dan asked in confusion.

“Because towards the end of the tunnel is where I saw a flashing light, and I believe it has to do with the reason why Mindy walked off like she did.”  They got to the docks and Mike then turned to Dan saying, “Keep an eye out here, I’m going to fly up to where I saw that flash and try out this new ability.”  He flew up to where he saw the flashing light, and there was a plastic covering in the place of it, he took off his glasses and it showed a message, “Go to Madame Scarlet's.”  He put his glasses back on, flying at top speed he flew out of the tunnel and grabbed Dan in the process.

“Hey! What’s the rush?”  Dan asked.

“We need to head to Madame Scarlet's and told his friend of what he saw.

John and Dave went to Frankie's Test of Strength next, “Well looks harmless enough.”  Dave mentioned giving it a once over, “Shall I give it a try?”

“Actually I’m picking up an electrical current coming from this thing.”  He pointed at the stand, he shot a small electrical burst at it and the bell rang, “Go to Madame Scarlet's.”

Well, then I guess we know our next destination,” Dave said and they headed out.

The teens all regrouped at the tent of Madame Scarlet’s, looked at one another and entered into the tent.  A force field of some kind surrounded them preventing them from getting out!  There stood before them was a woman in her mid-fifties, “So you are the ones that broke in.  Well, we’ll teach you what happens to snoopers.”  She told them, and all of the sudden a gas appeared causing them to fall asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

               

Mike was the first one to wake up from the gas; he looked around and saw that he and the others were all in some torture device that could spell their end.  He was tied up to the guillotine, Dan was on the torture rack, Dave was tied up hanging over a pot of boiling oil, Clara and Angie were hanging above a tub full of sharks, Ally was in an Iron Maiden, John was on a bed and above him was a bed of nails.  “Well this looks familiar, I think I saw this in a movie once.”

“Now is not the time for comic relief Mike.”  Clara scolded.

“Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.”  Mike apologized, “Actually this must be Igoro's Torture Chamber.”

“Wrong young one, you are in our castle.”  Came a voice and there stood Dr. Blood and his gang, “You are in the dungeon, which only very few get to see.  It would seem that our Zombie Gas had no effect on you.  No matter, at the stroke of midnight of November 1st this town, the whole world will belong to our master.”

“So The Society is behind this.”  John jumped to the conclusion.

“No, they did not send us, however, Superior does follow the same master as us.”  Dr. Blood mentioned.

“And who is your master?”  Mike asked.

“Our master is Xorrnak.  And he will soon walk the world once again, thanks to all the souls we have collected for him to feast upon, for at the stroke midnight, we will complete the spell to bring him back to this world from The Abyss.  Nevertheless, there is no need for me to keep rambling, you have a lot of dying to do. So long.”  He motioned to the others to activate the mechanisms to bring the teens to their doom.

“Something tells me that they don’t know who we really are.”  Mike told the others, “I believe we have the element of surprise to our advantage.”  Dark-Rider hinted at them.  Molder turned himself into the mud and then reformed at the end of the rack, then headed to the Iron Maiden to free Mindra.  Frezor froze his body to freeze the ropes and they shattered, he formed an ice slide to escape the heat of the oil.  Blaze lit herself up on fire, which burned the ropes, and Metallacia turned herself into a steel form and punched the sharks as they leaped to eat her, and she got out of the pool and said, “Look, mom, no rust!”

Mike used his strength to get out of the bonds and just in time too for as soon as he freed himself the blade came down.

“That was a close one for you Dark-Rider.”  Molder told him.

“Let’s get out of here and head back to The Big House.”  And they took off without being detected.

When Dr. Blood came to see their remains, he saw that they had escaped, “The master Is not going to like this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

 

                The teens returned to The Big House where Jacob was waiting for them, “I’ve been trying to contact you for the past couple of hours!  Did you run into trouble?”  He asked them.

“Yeah, we ran into some trouble, it’s called the followers of Xorrnak,” Clara answered.

“Are you sure?”  Jacob asked as he headed to I.Q.

“That’s what they called themselves,” Mike answered.

“The first Dark-Rider fended off Samhain the last time when he tried to come into this world.  Last time he took possession of Ireland's king of that time who was also a follower.”  Jacob brought up the story onto the screen of the first Dark-Riders’ encounter with the demon.  “The Dark-Rider killed the king for he was no longer in control of his body, allowing his son the Prince to become the next King of Ireland who was a Christian.”

“The way those guys made it sound, they were bringing him through The Abyss, through some sort of spell.”  Angie brought up.

“A spell…oh no, then we must stop them at all costs,” Jacob said with horror on his face.

“What’s wrong?”  Mike asked him.

“If my studies of the Dark-Riders are correct.  The spell they are planning on using will bring him physically into this world, not just as a spirit.  The Dark-Riders’ have fought off against Druids over the last few centuries, even I have had my fair share of fighting against them.  However, according to the writings of the 1st Dark-Rider, before the burning of the Druid's scrolls of the time of when The Christians were converting those who had once followed Samhain he had spotted that spell of which is the one that Dr. Blood is planning on using.”

“Then we gotta stop them.” Dave began to say then he started to yawn.

“We still have a couple of days.  You guys need to get some rest.” Mike told his friends and they all went to bed.

A couple of hours later Dan could not sleep so he went down to their underground headquarters to see what Mike was doing.  When he got there he couldn’t believe his eyes for Mike was in his Dark-Rider outfit and looked as if he was about to leave.  “Going somewhere?”  Dan asked.

“I’m gonna check out that castle some more.  I got this feeling that there is something that can help us out.”

“Alone?  I don’t think so.”  He told his friend as he turned himself into Molder.

                “Don’t forget I can turn myself into any soil and that includes the stones of the castle.”

“Very well, let’s get moving.”  He agreed and headed to the garage.

“So what vehicle should we take?”

“Max.”  Dark-Rider answered and he pointed at the black car in front of them, “short for Maximum Speed, and there’s one more thing.”

“And what’s that?”

“I talk,” Max spoke up.

                “You need to seriously lay off the sci-fi.”  Molder told his friend and started to get into the car.

“Hey!  Turn to normal dirt bag!  I don’t want my upholstery to get filthy.”  Max scolded at Molder.

“You just had to invent a car with a personality didn’t ya?”  Molder asked as he turned to normal.

“Sorry.”  Was all Dark-Rider could say and they took off.  Two minutes later, they were there.

Okay, now I know what you meant by Max.”  Molder said as he got out and turned into stone.

“Yeah, now let’s get to that castle,” Dark-Rider told him as he took off into the air, and Molder followed him after making some wings of his own.  They flew up to the front of the entrance of the castle and Molder turned himself into the liquid mud and traveled under the crack of the door as Dark-Rider walked through the door.  “Okay, let’s try to stay close to the walls, this way you can mold yourself into it, and I can turn invisible.”  Molder nodded, and they made their way through the castle.  They climbed up some stairs and found themselves in a library.

“What I find interesting is how they were able to get this castle built in less than a day; it used to take people years to build castle this size.”  Molder commented.

“Something tells me they never heard of the old phrase that Rome wasn’t built in a day,” Dark-Rider mentioned, he turned and motioned for Molder to hide, then turned himself invisible.  No sooner that they made themselves scarce Wolfgang and Mummers walked through with a plate of food to take to a prisoner.

“I don’t understand why we have to keep this human around?”  Growled Wolfgang.

“Because she is to be the one to become the first of the master’s feast when he arrives.”  Mummers answered.

“I know, but I would rather be eating her.”  Wolfgang licked his chops.

“And I would like to as well.  In addition, Vampiro wants her as his bride, and so on and so forth. But the master wants her.”  Mummer rambled on.  They went into the room next to the library and then came right back out with them covered in the food.  “I’ll be glad when this is over with.”

Once they were gone the duo reappeared, and looked at one another.  “Molder you look around and see what you can find here, I’m going to see what those monsters were talking about.”  And before Molder could, get out a response Dark-Rider flew out of the room at top speed.

“Great, leave me with all the hard work.”  He complained to himself, “Next time I’ll just stay home.”

Dark-Rider walked through the door and saw a young girl around the age of 18 lying on a bed.  She had blonde hair, blue eyes, 5’6”, and an athletic build. “I told you, morons, I’m not hungry!”  She said in protest and looked up and saw that it was someone else, “Oh nice costume, who are you the wanna-be headless horseman?”

“No, I’m The Dark-Rider.”  Dark-Rider answered, “Though Sleepy Hollow is a good book.”

“You mean you are not with them?”  She asked him, and he shook his head.  She ran up to him and hugged him, “Praise God!  He answered my prayers.  Oh, I’m sorry.”  She let him go.  “I’m Melody, Melody Box.”  She stuck out her hand, and he shook it.  “So you’re The Dark-Rider those monsters were talking about, saying that you were the one to watch out for.”

                “Yes, but enough of the pleasantries, we need to get you out of here,” Dark-Rider said plainly.  He escorted her out of the room and found Molder stuffing books into himself.  “I can’t take you anywhere can I?”

Hey, they’ll come out of me as clean as they are.”  He defended himself.  “Oh hi, I’m Molder.”

“Melody Box.”

“Time to go,” Dark-Rider said with the urgency they approached the nearest window of the library and he took a hold of Melody into his arms and flew out of it, and Molder followed them.  They landed near Max, and got into the car and took off.

Once they returned, they escorted Melody to a guest room and told her they will meet up with the others in few hours and she could share her story on how she got involved.  Then Molder went to bed, and Dark-Rider took the books that Molder had found and began to read them.

 

 

Chapter 6

 

 

 

The next morning the teens awoke and immediately went down to their HQ, and saw that Mike was looking through some books.  “Are those the books we got from their library last night?”  Dan asked him since Mike had gone through all but two of them.

“Yeah, very interesting things.  Ally, if you don’t mind, there is a girl by the name of Melody in the guest quarters down the hall.  She’s the same build as you, would you mind loaning her a couple of sets of clothes?”

“Sure thing, I’ll go up and get them.”  She said happily.

“So what you find out?”  Dan asked.

“I’ll tell everyone at the same time,” Mike answered.

A couple of minutes later Ally came down with some clothes and took them to Melody in the guest quarters.  She went into the room and saw the girl was already awake.  “Oh hi, I’m Ally, you must be Melody?”

Yeah, I am, nice to meet you.”  Then she looked at the clothes, “Are those for me?”

“Oh yeah.”  Ally gave them to her, “Just when you are ready, we’re all meeting up together in the meeting room.  Just down the hallway and to the left.”

Thanks, I’ll be there shortly,” Melody assured her.

Before she joined up with them, the others asked Mike if she could be trusted with their secret.  He told them, “With this new ability I can see if people are trustworthy or not and she is.  She’s a fellow sister in Christ.”

They all met together in the Meeting Room and Melody was introduced to The Alpha Force.  They all then sat down and Mike took the floor, “First of all I want to make this very clear to everyone that these followers of Samhain have been around for quite some time now.  Take William Shakespeare for instance, saw Madame Scarlet which is mentioned in the play Macbeth, her and her two sisters; the two were killed in the Salem Witch trials so that Madame Scarlet could escape to aide Dr. Blood and the others…”

“How did you find all this out?” Melody asked.

“Through the books that Molder had found, this one is The Secret Diary of William Shakespeare, tells of how he was able to come up with some of his characters, and the pictures in the book shows what she looked like.”  He showed the picture on the screen, and to the side of that picture with another one of the Salem Witch Trials.  “And also thanks to facial recognition.  Not only Shakespeare had a run in with these followers, but also Mary Shelley saw the Frankenstein Monster and the man that brought him to life who we now know as Dr. Blood.  Louisa May Alcott saw the Mummy when she was in Egypt.”  He showed the slides, from the other secret diaries of the authors including Bram Stoker.  “All these people witnessed these creatures come to life, and knowing that no one would believe them they, so they put it all in fictional work to get it out of their system so to speak.”

“So this carnival has been around since what the 1700’s or something?”  Asked Blaze.

“So it would seem.  They would start out in small towns, and according to their own diary of sorts.”  He placed on the table, “The reason they’ve been around so long is that they feed off other peoples’ youth, turning them into zombies.”

“So all those people we saw?”  Frezor began to ask.

“Have more than likely been dead for centuries,” Dark-Rider said to the point.

“But what about my dad?”  Melody spoke up, “I saw him there in that place, and he was all white.”

“More than likely he is no longer among the living.”  Dark-Rider once again straight to the point, “I feel that the only people that are going be able to save are those of the town of Silverton.  I take it that your father is the reason you are here?”

“Yeah, that is the reason, or was.”  She then began to tell her story.  “My father was a private investigator out of the state of Washington.  He was following a lead to find out about some missing kids that went to the carnival.  I had just gotten my P.I. license and wanted to go with him, but he said no, that it would be an easy case.  I waited for a couple of days.  And I found out that the carnival moved on and now it to here.  I followed them, and while they were setting up I got caught.”

“Very brave of you to try to find your father.”  Jacob complimented.  “However, I have to agree with Dark-Rider, your father is more than likely dead.”

“Well, then the only thing I can do is…”  Melody started to say in anger.

“You are going to stay here.”  Dark-Rider looked at her.  “You have no abilities to fight these things.  In case no one was listening to the first time, thanks to my new ability, I can see the truth about everything and everyone…those people are real monsters.”

 

 

Chapter 7

 

 

 

                Just as they were leaving The Meeting Room, The Alpha Alarm went off!  They rushed to I.Q., the screen showed a satellite photo of The Haunted Carnival, and it showed that it was being surrounded by a symbol.  “I was afraid of this.”  Jacob began to say, “They put a Circle of Protection around the place.  They must be getting desperate, knowing that it’s near time for them to begin their spell.”

“Great which means we can’t get in there.”  Molder complained.

“Oh yes, we can!”  Dark-Rider countered with the Laser Blade in hand.  “This will destroy that spell of theirs.”

“Then what are you guys waiting for?”  Melody asked.

“Let’s move team!”  Dark-Rider ordered.

The Alpha Force approached the line of the circle and stopped right in front of it.  Above in the tower of the castle, Dr. Blood and the others observed what the heroes were doing.  Dark-Rider pulled The Laser Blade out of its sheath and then said, “In The Name of Jesus Christ, Son of The Living God, this spell is broken.”  Dark-Rider said with authority and slammed the blade right into the middle of the line, and it was destroyed right before their very eyes.  Dr. Blood nodded to the others to take their places.  The Alpha Force moved in, they approached the castle, and notice there were now locks on the door.  “Blaze melt the locks,” Dark-Rider ordered.

“Sure thing.”  She smiled, and just as she was about to melt the locks, she was interrupted.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”  Dr. Blood warned them.  “If you melt those locks then I will kill everyone that is from this wretched town.”

“Then just let us in.”  Molder offered up.

“If you want in, you must first defeat all my creatures in their domains.  Bring their keys to unlock the locks and then you can come up here to see if you can defeat us.”

“We’ll play your game, for now, doc.  But we’ll be back.”  Dark-Rider warned him as they walked away.  “We’ll split up into two teams, Molder and Mindra yours with me.  Sparks you take the others and you guys will go to Wolfgang, Laguna, and Igoro’s.  The rest of us will go to Mummer's, Frankie's, and Kill Joys.  We’ll meet up at Ghastly's.”

“Wait, what about Vampiro?”  Asked Metallacia.

“I’ll go and take care of him real quick and meet up with the rest of you,” Dark-Rider assured them and took off.

He approached the theater and there at center stage was Vampiro aka Dracula.

                “Welcome to my theater Dark-Rider.”  He greeted his opponent with a bow.  “It would appear the time has come for us to duel.  I must tell you I’ve waited centuries to match my skill against The Legendary Dark-Rider.”  He unsheathed his sword.

“I’m sure you have.”  Dark-Rider agreed with him as he unsheathed The Laser Blade.  “But this time you won’t come back.”  They looked at each other in the eyes and Vampiro made the first attack, but Dark-Rider blocked it, however, Vampiro continued his assault, but thanks to the training that Dark-Rider had received from Jacob he was able to block each blow.

“That does it, the no more Mr. Nice Vampire!”  Vampiro threatened.

“And here I thought you were going easy on me.”  Dark-Rider taunted.

“You’ll pay for your insolence!”  Vampiro told him as increased his attacks with a series of combinations.  Until he finally went for a stab to the heart and when it hit the suit it shattered.  “How?”

“No weapon formed against me shall prosper.”  Dark-Rider quoted from the Bible.  “Say good night Count,” Dark-Rider said as he stabbed him in the heart and Vampiro turned to ash, Dark-Rider bent down and picked up the key out of the ash.  “At least Hollywood got one thing right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

                Dark-Rider caught up with the others as they were about to get to Frankie's.  “Vampiro is ash,” Dark-Rider told them.  They approached Frankie and they stopped right in front of him.

“Master says to bash you, so bash you Frankie will.”  The Monster threatened them.

“How should we go about this?”  Molder asked.

“Let’s try to stun him with our stun bolts, set them at maximum power, there’s no telling if how powerful he is.”  Once they had set them, Dark-Rider then gave the order to fire.  They shot the stun bolts at him but he just absorbed them.

“Gee that tickles.”  Frankie chuckled.

“Two-Hammed Hammer!”  Dark-Rider called out and he fired his most powerful attack.  When it hit it caused the giant to stumble back a bit.  Molder took advantage of the situation and molded himself into concrete, and shoved a fist right into Frankie's chest and he hit the ground hard.

“That does it!  Frankie mad!”  He shouted and he got up, slammed his fist on Molder and he turned into mud.  “Huh?”

“My turn,” Mindra called out, and she climbed up behind him and put him in a sleeper hold and in the process, she started to drain information out of his brain.

“Stop that!  You are hurting Frankie's head!”

“That’s the whole point you big lug.”  She told him, and she pulled hard on his forehead pulling off the protective casing around his brain.  “Now Dark-Rider.”  She jumped off just as Dark-Rider plunged The Laser Blade into the skull and shut the monster down permanently.

“Good work Mindra.” Molder congratulated her.

“Thanks. Once I was able to abstract the information out of his mind it told me of his weakness.” They picked up the key and left to their next target.

 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

 

                Sparks, Blaze, Frezor, and Metallacia had walked through the doorway to Igoro's Torture Chamber.  They looked around and saw no sign of the little creep.  Frezor stood in front of the door and froze it completely and then smashed it with his fist.  The door shattered and Igoro was in front of them with a laser gun and fired it, and Sparks stood in front of him and absorbed the shots.

“Huh?”  Igoro questioned as he dropped the gun and began to run away but Blaze lit up a flaming wall to stop him.  He yelped and he then went another direction to escape but his feet were frozen to the floor.

“Looks like you're frozen in your tracks Igoro.”  Frezor punned.

“You think you defeated me?  You still have no idea who you are dealing with do you?”  Igoro began to laugh evilly as he began to grow into a giant.  “Did you think I was a puny nothing?”  he growled.

“I think we may have underestimated him,” Sparks admitted.

“Remember what Dark-Rider told us, these things are monsters!  Soulless nothings.”  Frezor reminded everyone.

“Then that means we can let loose.”  Blaze said as she shot out fireballs out of her hands.  They landed leaving black marks on Igoro.  Metallacia then turned herself into titanium and she started to pound on him hard.  Frezor threw out ice spikes that stabbed into his skin.  When the hit he howled in pain.

“Everyone stand down!  I’m gonna put this guy on ice…permanently.”  Frezor told them, and once they cleared out he let out the biggest ice storm upon Igoro tell he was completely frozen.  Frezor walked up to the monster and pulled the key off Igoro's chest and when he did, the body shattered.

“A sad ending.”  Blaze commented.

“Yeah but like I said he was a soulless nothing.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 

                Team 1 approached the giant pyramid with caution.  Dark-Rider checked the entrance to make sure that it was clear.  Once he was satisfied, he nodded to his two partners signaling that it was clear.  He entered and they followed him in, and it seemed that it was all too quiet…and they were right.  Mindra stepped on a panel, the floor beneath her dropped down, and she started to fall into the hole when Molder stretched out his hand, grabbed her and brought her back to safety.  Thanks, Molder.”

“Not a problem.”

“Molder see if you can find any other traps,” Dark-Rider told him. Molder knew what he meant so he let out a flood of concrete, as it flowed, and hardened the other traps sprung poisonous darts, flamethrowers, arrows, ECT.  Once they were all gone, they headed out back on the path and they followed it until they got to a throne room.

There before them was Mummers aka The Mummy and he was in Egyptian Battle Armor.  “So you have now come to my throne room.  Good, I was hoping you had survived all my traps.  It gives me the pleasure of killing you!”  He got up and with a scimitar and shield made of iron as he made his attack.  Molder turned himself into Nightstone and he was able to withstand the attacks.  Mindra try to pull the same maneuver as she had done to Frankie but Mummers slammed the shield into her face knocking her back and she slammed against the wall.  Molder punched the shield out of Mummers’ hands and with that Dark-Rider then seized the key out of Mummers neck and then Molder pushed him into the sarcophagus and started to fill it with concrete until there was completely full.

Well, that’s one less monster the world has to worry about.”  Molder said as he returned to clay form.  “Time for the next one.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

 

                Team 2 entered the dance hall, it was quiet…too quiet.  “Where do you think he might be hiding?”  Blaze asked.

“Don’t know,” Frezor answered.  Just then the music turned on and the lights started flashing. Wolfgang jumped into the air and he swatted Blaze away and clawed at Frezor who fell backward from the attack.  He went to attack Sparks but was blasted by a shot of electricity.  Wolfgang howled in pain and leaped away.

“Everyone okay?”  Frezor asked getting up.

“Still alive.”  Blaze breathed.

“All right here, how about you Metallacia?”  Sparks asked his girlfriend.

Yeah, I’m fine, except for all this noise.”  She shouted.  With that said Sparks blasted the sound system and it shut down.

“Remind me to never have you near my stereo system,” Frezor told him.

Wolfgang landed right in front of them and said, “Master wants you dead.  This is good since I am very hungry.”

“We’re not afraid of the big bad wolf.”  Blaze taunted as she and Frezor shot out their attacks, as well as Sparks.

However, thanks to Wolfgang's agility he was able to dodge their attacks and then landed right on top of Metallacia, who was still in human form.  “I’m gonna start with you.”

“I don’t’ think so.” She said as she turned into silver, formed her hand into a spike, and stabbed him in the heart!  The sound of sizzling came into her ears as she then threw him off her and the big bad wolf was dead.  She grabbed the key.  “And who needed three little pigs anyways?”  She asked as they left.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

                Team one entered into Kill Joys’ domain, it started out as a maze, then into a hall of mirrors where there was no exit.  “Great!  A dead end.”  Mindra said in defeat.

Well, what can we do?  There have to be a hundred mirrors in here.”  Molder observed trying to figure out which one would be an exit.

“I have an idea.  Molder; cocoon you and Mindra in a breathable concrete dome.  I’m going to shoot out a Laser-arang at the mirrors.”  Dark-Rider told them.

“A what?”  Mindra asked.

Laser-like boomerang,” Dark-Rider explained briefly.  Once they were in the dome, Dark-Rider than thought to himself, “Now if I remember from science class, lasers bounce off real mirrors.”  He shot out the Laser-arang and it went through each of the mirrors until finally hitting a fake one that shattered.  “Okay guys, it’s safe to come out now.”  And once they did, he explained of what he did.

Wow, you were paying attention in science class.”  Molder said in amazement.

“I don’t always have sci-fi movies running through my head 24/7.”  He told his friend as he went through where the mirror once stood.  There stood Kill Joy who was standing right there.  Dark-Rider fired a stun bolt at him but Kill Joy dodged it by doing a back flip.

“Too slow Joe!”  He laughed, “My turn.”  He pulled out his Joker Scepter and shot electronic bolts at the trio.  They dodged the attack and Molder put up a concrete shield over them.

“It won’t hold for long.”  Molder told them.

“Then it’s time for our knock, knock joke,” Dark-Rider told him.

“Huh?”  Mindra asked in confusion.

“Right.”  Molder nodded, “The knock, knock joke.”

Hey, Kill Joy we got a joke just for you,” Dark-Rider called out.

“A joke?”  The clown asked and he stopped firing, “Oh tell me, tell me!”

“Knock, knock.”  Molder started, as Dark-Rider turned invisible.

“Who’s there?”

“Me.”

“Me who?” Then a sword came straight through his back.

“Me who has your key,” Dark-Rider said, and just as Kill Joy was about to try to take it back, Mindra then grabbed him and she drained him of all his memories to the point of where his brain was mush.

“He won’t be scaring any kids anytime soon,” Mindra said as she walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13

 

 

 

                Team 2 entered into The Tunnel of Love and Terror with caution, knowing that Laguna was lurking around somewhere.  Blaze lit up her whole body like a torch and floated above the water, while the others peered into the water and surrounding areas.  “It seems no one’s home.”  Blaze observed from her point of view.

“I doubt it.”  Frezor stated, “I’m sure she’s here, just waiting for the right moment to strike.”

“Just like Wolfgang tried to do,” Metallacia commented.

“Yeah all that got him was his funeral.”  Sparks joked.  “Maybe we can find some way to bring her out into the open?”

“I know.”  Blaze started to say, “Frezor start freezing the water.”

“On it.”  He said as he stretched out his hands over the water and began to freeze it.  Which did the trick for Laguna leaped out of the water with her talons ready to claw at her enemies!  She took down Sparks, then bounced onto Frezor and knocked him down and she then went back into the water, for Blaze had started to throw fireballs at her and as the flames hit they extinguished.  Frezor jumped up no sooner than he was knocked down and he started throwing ice spikes at her, but she was too fast for him.

Okay, where is she?”  Sparks asked as he got up.

“Still in the water,” Metallacia answered him.

“Everyone get out of the water!”  Sparks told them, and they all got out for they knew what he had in mind.

Laguna popped out of the water and as she walked towards him she said, “You are a fool to think that you can beat me in my own terrain.”

“Really, but did you know that water and electricity don’t mix?”  Sparks asked and as soon as he saw the fear in her eyes he shouted, “Power Surge!”  He ignited into full intensity and caused the pool of water to light up and the monster shrieked in agony until it breathed its last breath.  Sparks walked up and grabbed the key.  “Now let’s regroup with the others.”

 

 

Chapter 14

 

 

 

                The Alpha Force regrouped at Ghastly's House of Poltergeists and with one look at one another, they could all tell that both teams had been successful thus far.

                “Everyone check your energy cells and switch them out if you need to,” Dark-Rider told them.

“I hope we still have plenty of time.”  Blaze said.

“It’s only 4 pm. Sparks answered her, “We got plenty of time.”

“Okay team, let’s move out.  I’ll take the point, Sparks you bring up the rear.”  Dark-Rider instructed as he opened the doors, they all went in and no, sooner than they did the doors slammed shut.

“The word typical comes to mind,” Sparks commented.  They looked around the main hall and they noticed two flights of stairs leading to the balcony and second floor above.  Dark-Rider motioned to Sparks and his team to take the left staircase while the others take the one on the right.  As soon as they all got up on the next floor, there stood before them was Ghastly, holding a sheet that he had worn.

“Do you really think that I am a ghost?”  He asked them, “No I didn’t think so. I am actually…The Invisible Man!”  he admitted as he turned invisible. He started attacking them by throwing Mindra off the balcony and she landed hard on the first floor.

“Frezor!”  Shouted Dark-Rider over the noise of music and booing of ghosts, “drop the room temperature.”

“On it!”  Frezor assured him, and he blew out in the area around him are a large blast of cold.  This showed where their enemy was.

“I got the key,” Sparks said as he ran around him.

“Good!  Now everyone stun bolt barrage.”  Dark-Rider ordered them and they shot out stun bolts, fireballs, freeze blasts, and electrical bolts until the was knocked out to where he could no longer hold his invisible form and dropped to the ground, and breathed his last.

“I can’t believe we killed them all.” Molder breathed.

“They gave up their soul’s long time ago to the enemy.”  Dark-Rider assured him and the others, “Now they must face Gods’ judgment.”

“Now that we have all the keys…”  Metallacia began to say.

“It’s time to make this Carnival shut down…permanently.”  Frezor slammed his fist in his hand, and they all headed back to the castle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 15

 

 

 

                Dr. Blood and Madame Scarlet watched from their tower as they saw their enemies approaching the doors to the castle.  “Blast it all!”  Dr. Blood Cursed, “They beat all of them.  How much time do we have?”

“It is 5 pm.  We must begin the spell now if we are able to bring the master back into this world.” Madame Scarlet answered.

“Then we must find some way to delay them…I know we’ll release all of our zombies upon them.”

“An excellent idea my love.”  She told him, “I shall command them through the crystal ball to destroy The Alpha Force.”  She then began to chant a spell and the crystal ball glowed to life declaring that the spell had been cast.  “It is done.”

Good, then we shall begin.”  Dr. Blood said as he began to start gathering the ingredients for the spell.

The Alpha Force approached the castle doors; each placed their keys into the slots, and the doors opened.  “Now be a careful team.  There’s no telling what’s waiting for us.”  Dark-Rider warned them, he swung the doors open, and there stood before them was a horde of zombies, nearly over 5,000 in all.

“You and your big mouth!”  Molder complained.

“They’re already dead!  Let’s hit them hard!”  Dark-Rider said as took The Laser Blade out of its sheath and began hacking at the zombie army.

“You heard the boss, let’s go!”  Sparks said as he raced through the crowd.

Each of them handled the zombie army in their own unique ways.  Dark-Rider used The Laser Blade, Molder caused quicksand by changing the ground from brick form, and Frezor froze them in place and made an ice ax.  Blaze flew up into the air and threw fireballs at them as well as causing rings of fire, Metallacia turned her hands into weapons of a sword and ax, and Sparks used his speed and attacked multiple targets with electrical bolts.  Within two hours, they had cleared the battlefield, but they did not take the time to rest for they knew that time was now definitely against them.  They raced through the corridors in their own ways to save time knowing that staying on foot was no longer an option.  Once they had climbed the tower stairs, they opened up the door leading to their final foes.

“Give it up, Doc your time’s up!”  Dark-Rider told him, as they assembled into the room.

Oh, I don’t think so.”  Dr. Blood countered and the room began to shake, and behind them, the two villains a red hell-fire portal opened up, “My master has come.  And not only him…but my creations.”  Behind the heroes, the monsters of whom they had defeated grabbed them.

“I know for certain we destroyed them,” Dark-Rider argued as he tried to get loose from Frankie's grip.

“Clones young one.”  Dr. Blood told him.

“I hate clones,” Dark-Rider muttered.

“But if those were clones.”  Blaze began to say.

“Then these must be the real things,” Sparks grunted.

Yes, they are.  And you will be the first one to be feasted upon by Xorrnak.”  Dr. Blood announced.

“Sorry to break it to you Doc but we won’t be staying for dinner,” Dark-Rider told him, as he turned invisible.  With a startle, Frankie released him long enough for Dark-Rider than to grab a hold of him and threw him into the portal, and when Frankie went through it began to shrink.  “Got the idea?”

“Got it!”  The others answered as they fought off the monsters and threw them into the portal as well.

“No!”  Called out a demonic voice, “I will not be denied!”  Xorrnak squeezed through the portal. He was red all over, with burnt skin all over his, and horn coming out of his head.  “I will rise!”

“I don’t think so.”  Dark-Rider countered as he unsheathed The Laser Blade one last time, “You’re staying put.  IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!  RETURN TO THE ABYSS!”  A blast of pure light shot out of the blade and forced the demon back to for whence it came.

“I am not going alone!”  It argued and grabbed Dr. Blood and Madame Scarlet in his large left hand and took them with him and the portal shut with their screams of horror until the bitter end.

“It’s done.”  Dark-Rider breathed, and sheathed The Laser Blade.

“But look the people of Silverton are still under their control.”  Metallacia pointed out.

“There must be something that is controlling them still,” Frezor said, and then they all turned around when they heard a shattering noise.  There stood Molder who had just smashed the crystal ball to the ground.

“Now that’s what I call a shattering ending.” Molder punned, and the area around them turned back into a parking lot. Everything was gone, the castle, the rides, and bodies of zombies. All that remained of them was being tossed into the wind.  The people shook out of their hypnosis and began to go home.

“Now that everyone is all safe.  I think it’s time to go home.”  Dark-Rider said and took to the air and the others followed him back to the Big House.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

 

The next morning the teens gathered to say goodbye to their new friend and confidant Melody. “Thanks for everything you guys.”  She thanked them

“I am sorry that your father couldn’t be saved.”  Mike apologized.

“But he was!  He knew and lived for Christ.”  She countered and the rest of them nodded in agreement in knowing what she meant.  “I am just glad that the horror of those carnival people is over.”

“So where will you go from here?”  Dan asked.

“Going back home to check and see if there are any cases to be solved.”

“Well come back anytime.”  Jacob said as he shook her hand, “You will always be welcomed here.”

“Thank you Jacob, and again thanks to you all.”  She got into her car and took off waving goodbye.

They all went back down to their underground HQ and began getting things back in order, and set up for their next adventure.  “So what did you do all night last night Mike?” Dave asked.

“Watched The Twilight Zone Marathon.”

“You just had to ask didn’t ya?”  John scoffed at him.

Three Weeks Later:

The Alpha Force was working around their base when:  “Big House…this is….do you read…” The communications board lit up.

“What in the world?”  Dark-Rider asked in wonder as he headed to I.Q.

“This is Boom Box do you read?”  The voice came over.

“Coming in on audio only,” Sparks said as he tried to adjust the frequencies.

“We read you Boom Box, what’s wrong?”  Dark-Rider asked.

“It’s Shieldra; they've taken her!  We need your help!”


© 2021 Michael Gill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2021

Author

Michael Gill
Michael Gill

Eugene, OR



About
I write Christian Sci-fi stories and am looking forward someday in getting them published for all who wish to read it. more..

Writing