Chapter 1- Letter From Below

Chapter 1- Letter From Below

A Chapter by Roslyn Beth
"

Beth and her family get a letter from her runaway brother Kent.

"
  I walked into the kitchen with a smile. Mom was coming inside from getting the mail and my little sister Hannah was jumping up and down. " Beth look Kent sent us a letter." Mom said. Hannah and I rushed over to her and snatched the letter.
  All it said was he's leaving. Mom was crying and Hannah ran away to her room. I just stared at a wall. Then I ran to my own room. I picked up a pink tote and stuffed a couple of outfits in it. I picked up my teddy bear and a picture of Kent for good luck. Then I stuffed a blanket in there.
  Mom was still downstairs crying. I quietly opened the door. "Elizabeth what are you doing." Mom never called me Elizabeth just Beth.
  "I'm going to find Kent."I said fiercely. Mom shook her head.
  "Elizabeth you're only ten."She said now standing up.
  "If you are not going to do anything about it I will." I said. I bursted out the door and ran into the heavy rain.
  "Elizabeth Anne! Get back here."Mom yelled. I ignored her plea and walked into the woods. The woods loved me. Living in Colorado I saw a lot of wildlife. It amused me when I took pictures of them and sent them as forwards.  I saw a cub and smiled at it. It walked over to me and I stayed still. Although it's mother walked over to me and pushed her cub away. I smiled and waved. There was a peach tree so I took a peach and whipped it off with my shirt. It was very good and sweet. Like when I lived in Georgia sweet. Georgia was the best memory I had.


© 2010 Roslyn Beth


Author's Note

Roslyn Beth
I know very short. Check out my story Understand Me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010


Author

Roslyn Beth
Roslyn Beth

Nashville, TN



About
Guten Tag! That means good day in German. I speak a little German and Italian but not a lot. My favorite band is Augustana and my favorite singer is Avril Lavigne. My favorite color is purple and my .. more..

Writing