Chapter 1-Silence

Chapter 1-Silence

A Chapter by GirlWithAHeart.

My name is Elizabeth Stine.  My life has been fair, and I say that because I know people have it worse then me.  I hear crying or yelling on a regular basis.  Sometimes it's even me.  But what can I say, I don't have what you call a "loving, happy family." Excuse me. My little sister is crying. This is a usual.
"Lizzie! Mom and Daddy are fighting again!  Why are they fighting?"
Honey, you know they don't get along very well.
"I hate when they fight. It makes me upset."
I know. I'm here for you.
"Are you upset?"
Not really. I'm used to it Trina. It's always been like this. Mom would do something, or it would be Dad. Then they'd fight for a day or two, and then not talk for another three. Have you noticed that?
"I guess so now that I think about it. I hate to say it, but why are they married if 95% of the time they are fighting?"
That's something I don't even think they can answer. Oh, Kiddo. Let's not talk about this right now. By the way, what do you want for your ninth birthday Trina?
"Surprise me!" 
Trina is a very sweet girl. She's almost nine, but she doesn't act like it. She acts more mature for her age. I think that's why we get along so well. She's like my best friend. I just don't want her to grow up too fast. I don't want her to change who she is. I want her to stay my little sister, and not experience stuff I haven't even experienced yet.
I'm walking down stairs, and right away I find my parents' wedding picture on the floor. My family is falling apart. Dad is on the couch with a beer in his right hand, and the TV remote the the other. I don't care for my dad too much. He causes a lot of trouble with my family. My mom is in the kitchen. I hear the dishes banging around in the sink. I decide I'll go try and talk to my Mom. After all, I'm closer to her than my Dad, and she seems more upset. I can hear her sniffling. I know my Dad can too, but he doesn't care. I set the picture on the table by the piano, and head to the kitchen. But on the way, my Dad stops me.
"Elizabeth. Don't talk to your mother. She's pissing me off. She deserves to be alone."
Okay, Dad.

I flinch at the word "Dad". He really doesn't act like one. I couldn't believe he actually told me that. But I wasn't going to let him stop me from talking to my mother.
Mom are you okay?
"Yes dear. For now I guess. I can't s-s-tand him sometimes. If you love me, you wouldn't talk to the man that hurt your mommy. For me, sweetie?"
So now I'm not supposed to talk to either one of my parents? Typical. I mean, I don't want to talk to my Dad anyway, and I respect what my mom says, but really? I don't even know what it was about. It's like they want me to take sides. I don't respond to her comment and head back upstairs to my sister's room. For some reason, I felt like my Dad's eyes were on me. Devil eyes. But I didn't want to check. I'd be afraid. I open her door, and Trina is laying on her bed, reading her favorite book. "What About Heaven?" I always wondered what heaven was like. Maybe it's always what the person imagines it as. But what if there is no heaven? Where do we go? Do we even go anywhere? I sure hope heaven is real, so that when I do die I'm in a peaceful place. Unlike my house. My world. Maybe that little book can tell me a few things I don't know.
Trina can we go for ice cream or something? I don't want to be here.
"Yes! I love ice cream!"
Of course you do aha.
Were walking down the stairs and everything's the same as it was ten minutes ago.  
Dad, were going out for ice cream.

And there it is, complete silence. He does not say a word. What the hell did I do? Oh yeah, I talked to my mother when he told me not to. Whatever. Unlike him, at least I talk instead of yell. I like him better quiet anyway. So Trina and I leave in silence, on our way to the little "Jake's Ice" up the street.


© 2012 GirlWithAHeart.


Author's Note

GirlWithAHeart.
I'm not professional, I'm only 14. So don't judge haha. Enjoy the rest of my book! It gets sooooo good(: . im putting quotation marks from now on when elizabeth talks. so don't question that!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jab
I'm not seeing any quotation marks. Is there a hidden motive? I wonder.
Couldn't seem to find any errors. Yet. Ha.
I like the way you put some of your personality in there and it gives your writing a little ooomf. Looking foward to reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed it :) Am definately looking forward to the next chapter, with what the despcription said it leaves many questions yet to come.

Although, where the main character doesn't have speech marks did leave me a little confused.

Other than that - Great characters, great story and great opening.

Keep it up!



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012


Author

GirlWithAHeart.
GirlWithAHeart.

My Beautiful World, OH



About
I'm 14. I love to dance and i just got into writing. I hope my story that im working on turns out great because it shows parts of me. please don't plagiarize, if you would like to share my poems give .. more..

Writing