The Human Shinigami

The Human Shinigami

A Story by joshsmitty19
"

A young general shows his love for battle.

"

Ashnard loves the idea of being on the field. There is nothing more exhilarating to him then when he escapes death. Most people would say you’re cursed the minute you step in the warzone. Most people. It’s really all about the hunt for Ashnard. He loves looking at the fear in a man’s eyes before they die. None of the men that meet Ashnard escape death. He brings them death. He is the human shinigami. He gets in the head of his enemies before they ever even meet him. People all across the land know of Ashnard and the white mask.

The first thing he notices about this field is the slope. His enemies, soldiers of Necyrb, are placed on the uphill portion of the field. Smart. He recognizes this strategy, one he has used plenty of times.

“Listen up! The enemies are planning on attacking us once we are on the downslope of this hill. I want some soldiers to lead them out. Weaken there defenses, then kill them all”

A chant from his men to show there encouragement.  All in all Ashnard has about thirty bodies at his disposal, all of them ready to die for him. The 21 year old general has much respect from his soldiers, he demands it. He puts on his mask and the battle begins.

It was an all-out slaughter. Only one soldier of Necyrb survives the battle, just barely. Ashnard moves close enough for the man to see his cold red eyes behind the mask.

“I’m going to remove my mask now. And please don’t be afraid, I need you to hear everything I say”

The man slowly nods, close to death no doubt. Ashnard removes his mask and the man tries his best to focus on him. He sees Ashnard for what he is, a monster. His pale white skin and dark red eyes make him look like a creature the church describes in hell. He has some facial hair. Just enough dark black hairs to almost cover the gaping scar on his right cheek. The man guesses, the blood leaking from the wound, means it is a very recent scar.

“Someone hit you?” The man spits out blood with every breath, but still manages to let out an agonizing chuckle “you let someone stab a sword through The Human Shinigami’s cheek?

If looks could kill, this man would already be dead. ”Yeah, one of your guys was actually a little quick. It’s quite alright though, I can’t explain how much I love pain. You wouldn’t believe me if I tried.” Ashnard’s turn to let out a chuckle. “I was going to give you some big speech to give to your leader, but I would much rather see you suffer.” A sinister smile spreads across his face. “Burn him alive”

© 2015 joshsmitty19


Author's Note

joshsmitty19
Please be nice! Not looking for any d***holes! Just respectful criticism :) If you actually read it all, I could not show more gratitude !!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another good one. I think some people like war stories and some don't like. You are walking a fine line...:)...............

Posted 9 Years Ago


joshsmitty19

9 Years Ago

thanks very much sir :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).............
This is a beautiful write. :) Although, I want to say that in the first stanza, the sentences are pretty short, it could be amazing with a little more description. I loved the story. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

joshsmitty19

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)!! Didn't know how this was going to go!
Madhu

9 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
I did read it all and find it to be very well written, though I don't care for war stories.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

joshsmitty19

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 14, 2015
Last Updated on March 14, 2015
Tags: War, Battle

Author

joshsmitty19
joshsmitty19

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada



About
Howdy! My name is Josh and I am a self-proclaimed writer. I was never a fan of showing people my work but I figured I need to get over that! On here hoping I can find people that can help me further m.. more..

Writing