The beginning : Alley

The beginning : Alley

A Story by joshsmitty19
"

Another survivor battles through the apocalypse.

"

Alley

"Come on you son of a b***h" Alley says to herself, looking through the scope of her L85.  She is currently watching a man, of middle age rummage through, long abandoned vehicles. "Lead me to your people. I know there are more of ya's somewhere." Occasionally she brushes her brunette hair away from her eyes.

"What do you think?" Alley asks. "You think there are any more of them?”

“Meow” Her companion, a medium sized, 4 year old cat says.

“Come on Sparkles, your no help to anyone. Y’know that right?”

Sparkles starts to lick the bottom of Alley’s elbow. Alley is convinced Sparkles is going to try and eat her one day. “Knock it off” she says, buckling her elbow. “Bad enough we got f****n’ snow people trying to eat me. I can’t deal with you too.”

“Meow”

“S**t where did he go? Let’s go Sparkles.” She goes into the street, exposing her location.” Sparkles obediently follows. “We got to find that guy. There might be some nice fellows with em.”

“Meow. MEOW.”

“See something Sparks?” Sparkles did see something, and it seen them as well, but it wasn’t the man from before.

About 4 months ago a virus went around, killing the holder within a couple days. The user would then come back to life. Their skin would turn white, white as snow. The undead creature would have a horrific screech. Alley wasn’t religious, but she imagines she would hear those same screams in Hell. The hunger for flesh these creatures would have was the worst of it, or so Alley thought as first. Alley and the public learned around the same time, if one of these ghouls bit you, you would get the virus. Not many people were infected at first. Eventually the military stepped in, and pretty much all of Canada were in sectioned safe zones. Alley was sick at the time and denied into the safezone. For the last few months it’s just been her and Sparkles.

The creature let out its screech as it started to sprint toward the pair. Since the start Alley has only had to deal with a couple of these monsters. Maybe eleven at most. The basics have been the same, take out their brain and they’ll drop. Sparkles was a few feet ahead of her, so the ghoul went for it first. Nearly two feet away from Sparkles, the cat sidesteps, throwing the zombie pretty much on top of Alley. It collides into her, and they both fall onto the ground. Alley shifts her body, giving her the upper hand in this ground game. She pulls out her favourite cooking knife, and drives it through the temple of the ghouls head. Dark red blood pours out of the now hole in the things head.

“Holy. That was intense. Smoke me Sparkles.”

“Meo-“ The cats purr was cut off, and when Alley turns around she sees why. The man from earlier, who alley now clearly sees, is holding Sparkles with one hand. The other hand has a gun pointed at her. Alley notices a wound on his right arm, close to the shoulder. It’s a bite… gotta be a bite. She thinks to herself.

“If you’re not careful, I might smoke ya.” The man says, shakily pointing the gun at her.

© 2015 joshsmitty19


Author's Note

joshsmitty19
Tada! Go for comments, I love them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on April 19, 2015
Tags: zombies, apocalypse, cat, humor

Author

joshsmitty19
joshsmitty19

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada



About
Howdy! My name is Josh and I am a self-proclaimed writer. I was never a fan of showing people my work but I figured I need to get over that! On here hoping I can find people that can help me further m.. more..

Writing