What Are You?

What Are You?

A Chapter by B. Chuck
"

Kiyoshi is woken up in the ship, by two new main characters, Kamikay and Maya. He can somewhat remember how he got there, but for some reason he can't remember if there was anyone with him. Enjoy!

"
Chapter 3
   NNnnnngghhhh, Ughhh, where am I. How did I get here.....wait, I remember. I was at the dump. I climbed up a tall mound.Then that's when we saw the giant object coming towards us. I was trying to climb down, when I fell. I didn't die though....that's when.....when....huh. There was...someone else....I think....I'm not sure. I can't completely remember.
    Kiyoshi could feel a slight poke on his face. He was barely conscious, but just enough to tell what was happening. It felt like....a finger. It was a finger that was poking him.
    "Is vis fing awive?" came a voice outside of Kiyoshi's dark world. He could tell it was the voice of a female, it sounded like a really young female voice, almost of a child. The voice was very soothing and mellow. Kiyoshi could hear as footsteps started to walk towards him. They kept on getting closer and closer. They stopped from what seemed like a foot of his body.
    "It was in the earthlings pile of trash, why would they throw away a live organism." Came another voice from the dark. This was not the same voice as the other. This voice was more stern and mature, but at the same time very young.
    "b-but it wooks wike it's bweaving." came the same very young voice. It sound like the girl couldn't be more than 8 years old with the way that she was talking. Kiyoshi could feel a gust of wind come over his face, it felt like one of the figures had knelt down beside him.
    "Well, maybe it's an experiment gone wrong or something." Came the mature womans voice. Kiyoshi was finally starting to feel his body start to work again.
    Kiyoshi made a loud groan as he began to move himself around slightly. His eardrums were almost shattered from loud shrieks of the females. His face was soon met with a hard left hand to the cheek.
    After receiving this shock Kiyoshi instinctively brought his hand to his now bruised face. He yelled in pain as he rolled around a bit.
    "W-who are you, WHAT are you?" The mature woman said in a freaked out tone.
    "Eeeekkk" the voice of the young girl yelled out, as she took a few steps back. The boy was still dazed a bit, and now even more from the impact.
    Kiyoshi felt the welt that had begun to form on his cheek. He scrunched his eyes from the shear pain that he felt. He sat up on his rear. His eyes were face down, while all he could do was shed a tear.
    "I asked you a question    !" the woman said again, this time with even more sternness in her voice. Kiyoshi rubbed his injury again, while the words of the females were finally starting to process in his brain.
    ".....Huh.....w-what?" Kiyoshi murmured as he started to focus in on the area around him. The space all seemed fuzzy as Kiyoshi finally opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed were the two strange looking female figures in front of him.
    The first one that Kiyoshi noticed was a girl with long blue hair that came over her left eye. He could tell that she was clenching her fists as to signify that she was frightened or something along those lines. The girl had black eyes that went along with a significantly innocent face. She looked like she had to be in her early teens but could have probably passed for a preteen. She had a strange blue outfit on. It appeared to be a mixture of a jumpsuit and spandex. She had a dress that came down almost to her knees, and in the center she had a black belt. On her legs she had white spandex looking tights that went down to a pair of blue shoes. The top of the shoe wrapped around the girls leg as it came down to a kind of a ballerina shoe. The top of the girls outfit was a blue and white sleeveless turtleneck, in the center of it it had a blue oval. He wasn't sure what it was supposed to be though. The sleeves that weren't attached to the top were white, they came down all the way past her wrist. The end of her sleeves hooked on to her thumb.
    The next girl that Kiyoshi noticed, was a girl that seemed slightly older. She had short pink hair that came only barely to her shoulders. She held her hands in the after-slap position, as a look of disturbance was upon her face. Kiyoshi noticed that she also had strange clothes, along with the other girl, that covered her whole body, besides her face and neck there was no skin showing. The only colors he could see on her outfit were pink and black, it didn't look like any outfit he had ever seen before, it looked almost like some sort of power ranger outfit. She had a dress on as well that looked similar to the blue haired girls dress. Except it was a little bit higher up from the other girl. She had black tights (a lot like the other girls) that came down to a pair of pink boots. The boots were saggy, and looked to big for her feet, above the brown belt between the girls dress, there was a symbol in the same spot as the other girl. However this symbol was the shape of a pointed circle (I'm not sure what it's called), and it was a dull red. The girl's sleeves came out like the other girls, except they were black. On the girl's hands she wore pink gloves. They looked big, but not to far from the right size. As Kiyoshi turned to the girl's face he also realized that her right eye....was not a normal eye. In fact it almost looked like a machine. The red glow from it kind of intimidated Kiyoshi. It seemed to flash as the girl breathed.
    Kiyoshi then noticed the area where he was. He could tell that he was on a pile of trash. He look around him to see rows and rows of garbage. However, all of it was metal. The piles of trash consisted of only metal materials. There were car parts mainly, along with a bunch of certain household appliances, and other small doodads. The room he was in was huge. It looked like something you would see on star wars. Most of it wasn't lit so he couldn't see a large portion of it. The walls, cealing, and floor all had metal plating on it. It had a sort of a green tint. It appeared to be copper, but he wasn't sure. Kiyoshi then noticed what looked like a window in the far back of the room. At least it appeared to be a window, though all he could see through it was black.
    "W-where....am I?" Kiyoshi asked as he placed both of his hands behind his body as to hold himself up.
    The pink haired girl's eyebrows sunk. "I'm asking the questions here! now tell me who YOU are or I'll make you feel real pain!" The girl said as she threatened another slap.
    Kiyoshi cringed slightly. He threw his hands up in a defensive position as he saw the female preparing to strike.
    "H-hold on" Kiyoshi beckoned in a slightly terrified voice.
    "My n-name is K-kiy-yoshi S-saito." Kiyoshi said while he waved for the girl to lower her hands. The female gave a confused look as she noticed Kiyoshi's speech.
    "Your vocalization is offset, are you a defective android or something?" The pink haired girl asked, her perplexed expression really shocked the boy.
    Kiyoshi's right eyebrow perked up at this. "W-what....an a-android?" Kiyoshi almost yelled after hearing this. The girl lifted up her hands again, as so it didn't look like she would take anything that he said lightly.
    "Don't you take that tone with me! if your not an android than what are you?"
    The girl with the long blue hair seemed to keep taking small steps back. She still had the horrified expression on her face.
    Kiyoshi looked from the long blue haired girl back over to the short pink haired girl. He had a curious expression on his face.
    "A-aren't I the s-same as y-you?" Kiyoshi asked in a bewildered manner. That question seemed to cause the whole room to go dead. Both of the girl's stopped for a moment. There was a distinct silence for a while. The pink haired girl had gotten a slight shocked look on her face before averting back to her angry appearance.
    "No were not! now tell us what you are already!!!" The girl said screaming as she swung her hand at the boy in anger. Kiyoshi noticed it this time and ducked out of the way before the girl could make contact. He could feel the air swish from the attack swish his hair around.
    "I'm a human a-alright!" Kiyoshi yelled after avoiding the quick smack that had come his way. The pink haired girl froze before she could strike again. It seemed like her appearance couldn't stay on one certain thing.
    "W-what? a...a...a human." The pink haired girl said in a terrified voice. Her eyes grew wide and her facial expression quickly changed to match her tone.
    The blue haired girl that was behind her had pretty close to the same look on her face. "Vits a homan." she said as she clasped her hands in front of her mouth. Her legs shook beneath her.
    Kiyoshi cocked one of his eyebrows. The girls dumbfounded looks didn't appear to be fading anytime soon, and they only stumped the boy more.
    "Yea, a h-human. J-just like y-you." Kiyoshi said as he motioned his finger towards the pink haired girl. The other girl's expression went to a surprised look. The very physical girl threw her hand on the ground in anger. It seemed like the whole room shook as she did it. Kiyoshi cringed as he swung his hands back up in a defensive stance.
    "Didn't you hear me before! Were NOT like you. Now you better tell us how you wound up on our ship?" The pink haired girl said swinging her clenched fist up towards Kiyoshi's face. Kiyoshi eyes appeared in a befudled manner.
    "W-what.....ship......SHIP!!" Kiyoshi said in a freaked out tone. His voice echoed throughout the large room. The now perturbed girl gave the boy a puzzled look.
    "Yea, ship....ya know....spaceship. The things you ride in space." The pink haired girl said mockingly. Kiyoshi's eyes grew wide, it looked like he was about to faint.
    "SPACE!!!!" Kiyoshi yelled as if his life was over. He started to move his eyes frantically around him. Eying everything as to find a way of escape. He threw himself onto his feet as fast as he could. The physical gir's face turned to a startled expression as Kiyoshi stood up.
    "Hey, what are you-"
    "I've got to g-get out of h-here!!" Kiyoshi said in a terrified tone, cutting off the girl.
    "And go where, were in SPACE you Idiot. Were already light years away from your home planet." Kiyoshi didn't seem to be listening to reason. His arms shook from sheer terror.
    "No, this is all just a bad dream. Haha, yea that's it." Kiyoshi murmured like a madman. He took a step as he was about to run for it, but a sharp pain in his leg prevented him. The boy fell to the ground in an unexpected hurt. He grabbed onto his right leg out of instinct, while he could feel his hand touch a large cut.
    "Ouch!" Kiyoshi yelled as he threw his hand off of his leg in agony. The sudden affliction seemed to bring him back to reality. Or at least what reality was now.
    The pink haired girl looked curiously at where he had removed his palm. Kiyoshi held his hand out as he could see a dark red fluid that had now covered it. The boy grabbed onto his shoe with his left hand, as he pulled his leg in closer. Indeed there was a large wound there. Blood poured off of his leg as it dripped onto the cold hard ground. I remember, I cut my leg on a sharp piece of metal. Because I decided to wear shorts it cut me easily. I guess I'm not dreaming then after all.
    "Well, I guess that proves your not an android then." The pink haired girl said as she folded her arms. Kiyoshi looked up at her with a concerned look on his face.
    "T-this is kind of deep, Could I put s-something on it." Kiyoshi said as he clenched the top of his leg so he could slow down the bleeding. The mature pink haired girl rolled her eyes.
    "Or you could just suck it up and deal with it." She said harshly. Kiyoshi frowned his eyes at this.
    "Allright fine, d-don't help me t-then!" Kiyoshi said with a annoyed tone. He moved his eyes to his shirt. He grabbed the bottom of it. He seemed to be building up energy as he prepared to rip it. He pulled as hard as he could.....but nothing happened.
    Kiyoshi moved his eyes to glance at the girl standing in front of him. She had a disturbed look that coloured her face. "Hold on, I'll get it." Kiyoshi said as he turned back to trying to tear his shirt. He groaned as he gave another big tug. The girl gave a frustrated sigh.
    "Ok, stop. Just let me handle it." The pink haired girl said. She grabbed her left glove with her right hand as she pulled it off slowly. Kiyoshi looked up from his tearing process. His hands were still clasped onto the unsuccessfully ripped shirt. He watched as he noticed the girl's exposed left hand. He gave a perplexed look.
    "What are you-"
    "Just sit still." The girl said cutting off the now very intimidated boy. She lifted her hand up into the air, before bringing it down onto the boys cut. Kiyoshi could feel the cold touch of the girl's freezing hand on his leg.
    "Uuumm are y-"
    "Will you shut up!" The girl hollered as she shot the boy a glare. Kiyoshi just sat back on his hands as he gave a sigh. There was really no point in fighting with her.
    The physical female closed her eyes. Kiyoshi perked his right eyebrow up as he noticed her. What is she. Before Kiyoshi could finish his thought, he could feel the girl's hand getting warmer. Kiyoshi's pupils grew wide. The boy moved his gaze toward his leg where the girl's hands were placed....and his mouth almost hit the floor.
    The girl's hand glowed an amber color. Kiyoshi could feel a strange sensation as some force felt like it moved itself through his leg. The boy cringed. W-What is this. Kiyoshi thought to himself. It only lasted for a moment though.
    Kiyoshi could feel the warmth fading. The strange sensation was starting to die down. The pink haired girl opened her eyes back up. She suddenly started to breathe heavily, she feel down on her knees as she put her hand on her chest.
    The blue haired girl that lied in silence this whole time gave a loud gasp. "Huh, Kamikay, are yu awwight!" The girl said as she ran to the pink haired girl's side. She dropped down on her knees as well, placing her hand on the other girls back. The pink haired girl's right metal eye seemed to flash on and off.
    "*cough* I'm *cough,cough* fine, just a little exhausted." The mature girl said. Kiyoshi just sat there wide eyed. He had no idea what just happened. The girl took her hand off of the boys leg. There was surprisingly no blood on her palm.
    "There, ya happy!" She said with an angry look on her face. Kiyoshi was still clueless. He moved his eyes up to look at his leg. He just about freaked out again. His leg was completely healed. The cut was gone, the blood was gone, everything. You couldn't even tell that he had a cut there in the first place.
    "H...h.....hhhhoww...........w-w-w-w-what." Kiyoshi said in a terrified voice. He pointed his finger at his legs as it began. He moved it up and down as to place emphasis. His eyes seemed to just keep getting larger. The girl had a glum look on her face.
    "Are you gonna sit with your mouth open all day, cmon get up." The girl said as she placed her right hand under Kiyoshi's shoulder, and swung him up. Kiyoshi could feel a type of metal feel on the girl's hand as he was flung up into the air. Through the whole thing he barely noticed it.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Kiyoshi was shoved through the door. His face made contact with the other wall.
    "Oowww! why'd y-you do that?" Kiyoshi wined as he pulled his bruised head away from the metal. The pink haired girl quickly grabed Kiyoshi's shirt as she walked through the door. She had a aggravated look on her face. The blue haired girl came walking behind her.
    "You were moving to slow." The female said with a smirk. She threw Kiyoshi down the long metal hall. He barely managed to keep himself upright. His hands spread out from his body as to try to balance himself.
    "What do you have two left feet? lets go." The girl said prodding Kiyoshi to keep moving. Kiyoshi clenched his fist as he heard that. He swung around with an angry look on his face.
    "Ya know I d-don't deserve to be t-t-treated this w-way. P-plus, I don't know w-what you d-did to me b-back there with your g-g-glowing hands, but It didn't feel n-normal. How do I know that you d-" Kiyoshi said as he was cut off. The pink haired girl pulled out a alien looking hand gun. She had a serious look on her face. Kiyoshi's eye's bulged as he saw the weapon that was pointed at him.
    "Ya done?" the girl asked in a monotone voice. Kiyoshi became white as a ghost. The anime style tears started to flow from his face.
    "Yea, I'm done." Kiyoshi said without hesitation as he turned back to walking down the hall.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    It seemed like they were walking forever. The metal hall just kept going on. Now and then they would pass by a door, but that was it. The silence in the room was also getting unbearable, and a little awkward. Kiyoshi eyes wandered around the hall as if he was trying to find something, though there wasn't anything except the metal walls. He whistled the toon from the game "Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town" (I'm sure almost no one knows it) In a strange precarious fashion.
    The Pink haired girl lifted one of her eyebrows up in agitation. She still held the gun to him just in case. The blue haired girl that walked behind had her hands cupped behind her back, she was also feeling the awkwardness of the silence slightly. Kiyoshi suddenly started to swing his legs around in a weird formation. It was kind of like a wide walk, but a little different. Whatever the case it looked ridiculous. The pink haired girl got even angrier. The anime tension mark appeared on her face.
    "WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY!!" She said almost screaming. It caused the blue haired girl and Kiyoshi to freeze in their position. The aggressive female stood there in a sumo position. Her face looked like it was about to blow. Her arms and legs shook in anger.
    "I'm just t-trying to break the s-silence." Kiyoshi said in a pleading tone. The pink haired woman threw up her fist in a uppercut formation.
    "I don't care what your doing, just stop it!!" The girl said as she walked up into Kiyoshi's face. Getting up really close so she could put emphasis on her glare. Kiyoshi just giggled a little bit at this.
    "I j-just can't take you s-seriously. Your like 15 y-years old. The metal thing on your eye is like the only real intimidating thing about you." Kiyoshi said in a mocking voice. The girl puffed up her cheeks in rage.
    "I am 16 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!" The girl said getting closer to the boy's face. She then pointed her finger to her right eye. "And this metal thing isn't on my eye, it IS my eye!!" Kiyoshi laughed again, this time even louder.
    "Oh, t-that's soooo much better, Do you need batteries for it too?" Kiyoshi said, obviously unbelieving that her eye was real. "And what was y-your name again....Happyday?" Kiyoshi said as he folded his arms. A smirk slowly came over his face. The pink haired girl threw her hands up as she became even more tense.
    "First of all, I don't need batteries for it, it's electronic. Secondly, my name is Kamikay!! And what's your name.....vocalization offset guy!!" The girl said...somewhat blatantly insulting the boy's speech. Kiyoshi gave a surprised look, he wasn't really sure how to respond to that but he didn't want to lose the argument. He frowned his eyes as he enforceable put his finger in the girl's face.
    "For your i-information Mrs. bright h-hands, It's Kiyoshi!!" Kiyoshi said as he shook his head back and forth like a angry black lady. Kamikay stomped her feet on the hard metal ground.
    "Bright Hands!! Bright Hands!! Why I Outta-" Kamikay stopped herself. She realized that she had forgotten about the blue haired girl behind her. Her mouth dropped, she turned her head slightly as to see that certain girl with a frightened look on her face. Kiyoshi realized it as well when he saw Kamikay's head turn. His face turned to an embarrassed look. Kamikay stood back up straight as she placed her hand behind her head. She smiled creepily as she gave an equally creepy laugh.
    "Hehe, sorry Maya. Did we scare you?" Kamikay said as she started to walk to her. Kiyoshi stood back up straight as well. He eyed the girl curiously. She may look young, but she doesn't look that young. Is she just intimidated really easily? Hmm, Maya...that's a really strange name. It isn't Japanese or anything, yet they speak Japanese, this just keeps on getting more and more weird.Kiyoshi thought as he scratched the back of his head. Kamikay grabbed the girls hand gently with her left hand, while then placing her right hand on top.
    "Don't worry, that mean man won't hurt you." Kamikay said in a mocking, yet soothing voice at the same time. Kiyoshi's face turned pale for a split second, before changing to anger.
    "What!!!" Kiyoshi yelled. Kamikay looked back and gave the boy an evil grimace. Maya squeezed Kamikay's hand's tighter, causing her to turn back with a curious look.
    "No, It's not vat, I'm zust wundewing wut Jay an Genie viw tink about him." Maya said with a concerned look on her face. Kamikay's expression turned to surprise. Kiyoshi also had a surprised look on his face.
    "Who?" Kiyoshi asked. It was as if he was a brick wall. Either the girls were completely ignoring him or they couldn't hear him. He could probably have guessed the answer.
    "Oh yea, I didn't even think about that. I don't think either of them have ever seen, or even heard of a human." Kamikay said in a serious tone. She brought her finger to her chin, as she pondered it. As Kiyoshi stood there, it was almost like an invisible force hit him, as a slight memory popped into his head.
    Wait others.....that's right, there were others with me weren't there. I can't....I can't remember though. I know there were others.......and they were also....Huh....they were also picked up with me. Kiyoshi let out a loud yell as he finally remembered.
    "The Others!" Kiyoshi blurted out. Kamikay turned with a shocked expression, along with the Maya as well.
    "What did you say." The girl said questionably. Kiyoshi's face turned to a dead serious look.
    "Kamikay, umm can I call y-you t-that? Anyway, w-what does that beam that p-picked us up d-do?" Kiyoshi said taking Kamikay off guard.
    "What? What does it do?....It picks up things by breaking down there molecules and reassembling them in the cargo hold." Kamikay said. Kiyoshi waved his hands in the air.
    "No no, I mean does it like...m-mess with you or s-something. Like Because I'm a h-human." Kiyoshi said urgently. Kamikay placed her hand on her shoulder, she had to think about the question for a while.
    "Well...I'm not sure, we've never boarded a human before. I guess it could mess with you. With things like your brain, or your eye. I mean with it's complicated structure, reassembling it might not be perfect." Kamikay said, unsure of her answer. Kiyoshi snapped his fingers.
    "I knew it." Kiyoshi said as if he had figured something important out. Kamikay gave a confused look.
    "Knew what?" She said, still unsure of what the boy was talking about. Kiyoshi started waving his fingers in the air as if he was on to something else.
    "How m-many cargo holds are on t-this s-ship?" Kiyoshi asked.
    "Only 2, why?" Kamikay said, as she was getting pretty frustrated that the boy wouldn't tell her what was going on.
    "And when the items are transported, are they exchanged to both." Kiyoshi said. He acted like a detective that was just about ready to figure the mystery out.
    "Yes, the items are reassembled randomly in either of the holds. Now will you tell me what's going on?" The girl said, now desperate. Kiyoshi turned his eyes back to the girl.
    "Can y-you take me t-there?" Kiyoshi said with a smile on his. Kamikay's lifted up one of her eyebrows. She turned to Maya, who was listening in to the whole conversation. She shrugged her shoulders as to say that she had no Idea what he was getting at either. Kamikay turned her gaze back to Kiyoshi. She gave a big sigh, as she saw his eager face.
    "Huh, this better be important." Kamikay said as she stood back up on her feet. Kiyoshi nodded his frantically.
    "Oh, yea it is." Kiyoshi said as he hoped around like a kid in a candy store. (P.S. - He's mainly really happy because he thinks he's right about where Momoko and Nuka are.) Kamikay whipped her gun out. She pointed it at Kiyoshi, his expression sunk like the titanic.
    "It better be, because If it's not" Kamikay lowered the gun down to the boys legs "Your crawling the way back." Kiyoshi's excited face turned to an expression of sheer fear. His face turned pale as the girl started to walk back down the hall. Kiyoshi's expression didn't seem to want to leave his face. He turned his head towards Maya who was still standing in the same position. The girl looked at him with a blank stare.
    "Sh...shes not....s-serious....Is she? Kiyoshi said through his chattering teeth. Maya turned her eyes to Kamikay who was still walking, then back to Kiyoshi.
    "Oh, shes sewious." Maya said as she began to run after Kamikay so to try and catch up with her. Kiyoshi stood there for a while, dumbfounded. Kamikay turned back to the boy.
    "Hey, get your carcass moving or were turning back." Kamikay said in an enraged tone. Kiyoshi started to walk slowly towards them.
    "I rrrrreally hope I'm right." Kiyoshi said under his breath.



© 2013 B. Chuck


Author's Note

B. Chuck
A job....somewhat well done if I do say so myself. You will probably have a ton of questions with this chapter. I will answer them with the following chapters, or you could get a sneak peek on my blogs and forums by asking your questions, your choice. Anyway please tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013
Tags: kuron no toshi japanese anime ma


Author

B. Chuck
B. Chuck

Collins, WI



About
Hello, my name is Benjamin Charles Tuttle, but you can call me B. Chuck. I am a 20 year old man. I am currently going the Jackson Hole Bible College in Wyoming, but am normally from Wisconsin. I have .. more..

Writing
What We Know What We Know

A Chapter by B. Chuck


Purpose Purpose

A Chapter by B. Chuck