Reality (chpt.2)

Reality (chpt.2)

A Chapter by Goddess
"

....

"

Staring at the complete blank ceiling, it reminds me of my old room. All those dreamless nights at my personal torture chamber. I should be happy to have left and found a better life, but in this life, I feel just as threatened and out of control.
 In this life, pain was much worse, pain was death. And I feared it. I feared it with my whole existence. I didn’t know who was inflicting it on me this time… I could never ready myself for it.
 “Andree are you awake?”
 How much more could I handle? My importance. My need to be alive. Over strengthened all my suicidal thoughts. Each and everyone one of them.
 “Andree wake up.”
 I let myself leave my trance and I roll off the bed and into standing position.
 “Jeez, your such a space cadet sometimes.” Andria said.
 I turned to face her, and all my worries disappeared as fast as they came.
 Andria. The one person that understood me better in this whole wide world. The whole reason for my pain, and for my happiness. I was her Control. I protected her from insanity and her power. She was the reason for me to stay alive. She was the most important thing in my life.
 I flicked her freckled noise, “And your any better?” I said amused.
Her also freckled cheeks flared red, just like her hair. Her hair, like fire itself. A mane perhaps? I hide my laughter at my personal joke. Her hair was a fiery red and they fell around her face in perfect ringlets.
 
 She jumped up and down, making her hair go crazy, “can we please, with sugar on top go shopping today?”
 We were hiding out in a new hotel room, we just arrived last night. We always seem to be on the run these days. Im afraid of them getting closer.

 Them. They are the reason, for my uneasiness all the time. For my constant worries, and my constant fears. I was not ready for this battle that had planted itself before us. I was so unsure of Andria’s future. Would she be able to endure it, while all I could do is
 stand and watch?
 Being the Control, was aggravating. I only had the ability to hide, to know, to give Andria the power she needed to have the chance of winning, I, myself, had no real power to use.
 “We need new clothes Andree.” She swirled, making her blue cotton dress sway.
 I bite my lip, deciding if today could be safe. I close my eyes and begin… “Andree please please please.”
 I shush her, “Give me a second, let me look.”
 She grew quiet and nodded.
 Then I let the voice begin. At first they all shout, but now since I know how to lower them and pick through them, I find what I should look for. The humming noise in my ears, the quickening noise of a heartbeat, and the deadly scare on her lip. Fire. The first battle, the first element to be fought.
 “Okay. She wont arrive till another time.” I said, already feeling Andria squeal in delight.
 Am I the one whose always worried and gloomy? Does she never even take a minute to realize that we might die? I shake my head of her silliness and grab my wallet.
 I’m the grown up here. At sixteen. Im the youngest though, Andria is eighteen, with a soul of a ten year old.
 I think of the elements again as we leave the safety of our hotel room. Fire. Ice. Water. Earth. All four different people, with strong killing abilities.  Fire was the first of our worries.
 I walk blindly next to Andria as we leave the hotel all together. The sun blazing me, maybe wearing all black was a bad idea. I glance over at Andria, in her light blue baby doll dress. Then I look at myself in the cabs window, that Andria just called over.
 My face, blank as always, with not a trace of emotion. To me, it is unneeded. My long black hair that hit my butt, mostly all the same length. My black attire as usual, tight black pants, and my tight black hoody.  I felt myself start to sweat and I groaned.
 “Andree don’t spoil this for me. Let’s have some fun.” Andria smiled her bright white smile and I felt myself smile nicely in return, still looking empty and blank.

 We slid into the back seat of the cab, and Andria gives the cabby the directions to the first shop she wanted to visit.
 My pale white skin looked utterly transparent next to her nice brown tanned skin. I hated my looks. Right to the point. Then again I don’t have time to care, or take interest in fixing them.
 Andria made small talk to the cabby, asking him funny questions and making him laugh. I stare out the window and watch the scenery chance from beach to outdoor shopping stores.
 Florida.
 So far from where we started in Washington. I pinch the bridge of my nose and exhale, trying to forget my bad mood.
 “Yes, your right dear. But there hasn’t been a shark attack in years.” The cabby said to Andria.
 She frowned her puppy dog frown, “Ah man, I really wanted some scary story. Florida is just so beautiful and warm. I’m so happy I’m taking a vacation here.”
 Vacation. Some Vacation this is.
 The cabby, which I looked over in my head, in my data base was, Julienne Freeware. In his late sixties. Doing this job for extra money.  Had a wife, three kids, and one adopted kid. Donated to the local cancer treatment hospital where his grandmother died at.  Overall a nice old man.
 He laughed, “Yes, Florida is nice. Im happy you like it here kid.” Of course he would think she was young, by her voice and the kid look to her face.
 She laughed along with him. I was silent, observing the bump on his nose, and the very happy atmosphere around him. Of course again that Andria would take a liking to talking to him, he was just as happy as she was.
 I drift back into my motionless state and think about Elementionaires. The ones that are to come after us. We are more powerful then them and that is why they seek to destroy us. And we are to fight them and hopefully survive.
 Mine and Andria’s relationship is quite close. We are sisters in a matter of speaking. I am her Control, and she is The Goddess. Some can say that im her slave, her guard, her barrier, her sister. I can control her power, the limits it can have. If I ever gave her whole entire power to her at the same time, she would be overwhelmed and likely to destroy this whole world as we know it.
 “Andree don’t you think so?” Andria said giggling.
 I move and raise an eyebrow, “huh?”
 This made the cabby and Andria laugh harder, “Never mind sister.”
 I nod and sit confused.
 “This is your stop ladies. Have fun shopping. Nice talking to you.” The cabby said smiling. I give him fifty dollars and he gasps. The total was only five dollars.
 Andria was already walking down the street.
 “I cant take this, this is way to much.” He said politely but happy.
 Finally it was my turn to laugh, “No it’s okay Julienne, lets just say it’s a generous tip. Have a nice day.” I close the cab door behind me before he could protest.
 Andria grabbed my arm and her whole face was radiant when happiness. “I’m so excited! Lets go to that store first.”
 We were at some local downtown shopping center. Every type of store existed here. Which made me frown, we are going to be here all day, Andria will be dragging me around everywhere.
 I follow her like a lapdog into the first store. A regular Florida store, with bikinis and swimsuits taking up eighty percent of the clothes.  I felt sweaty and hot, almost dizzy as she picked through some tops.
 I felt a unexpected cold breeze pace over me, my eyes flickered to Andria. “Thank you.” I said to her soft smile and kind eyes.
 “Welcome.” She went back to the shirts. I leaned against the far wall, watching for all the possible dangers. I sighed again, the heat again getting to me.
 “Andree.” She called.
 I walked over to her. Calm.
 “Yeah?”
 “Just take your sweatshirt off, you do have a black cami underneath don’t you?”
 I stand taller, “yes…but…” I don’t want to expose to much of my white skin, ill stand out and people will start to notice. Then there are my tattoo’s. That aren’t really tattoo’s, its part of being the Control.
 “Just take it off, really Andree, stop making yourself more miserable.”
 I nod at her words, and take of my sweatshirt and throw it in the nearby garbage can up at the register.
 “Your just going to throw it away?”
I spin around to see a guy watching me at the register. He had clear water blue eyes, and black long hair, that swept just above his eyelids. Smirking he raised a pierced eyebrow.
 “Is that okay?” I asked cautiously. Unable to understand his smirk.  I look through my database and look for his name. Nothing came up and I began to chew at the bottom of my lip, frustrated. This never, let me stress never happens. Everyone I pass, I usually can see who they are and a little background information on them.
 “Yeah it’s cool… just weird.” He said not afraid of being truthful. I shrugged, well everything that happens in my life is weird I wanted to say.
 I looked him over again, he looked different then most Florida guys that I have seen. He wasn’t as tan as everyone, but he still wasn’t completely white. He didn’t have the sandy blonde surfer hair or the board next to him. I sniffed, and he certainly didn’t smell like he’s been swimming or apart of anything that went with the beach. And I am the one that’s weird.
 “Okay.” I start to walk away and towards the dressing rooms that Andria was now in.
 “Uh wait.” He said leaning over the register.
 I stopped and turned on my heel, “yeah?”
 His eyes locked onto mine and I couldn’t pull myself away. This is way to weird. I wanted to get away from this store quick. Not knowing him, and not knowing his data really bothered me.  Should I listen to the voices in his head?
 “I’m Arden. Your…” he trailed off waiting for me to finish. I smiled politely, I wont be that rude to him, “leaving.” I said finishing his sentence. I didn’t want to give him my name.
 “Leaving? Wow, nice name.” he said flatly, I could tell he was hurt by the way I blew him off like that.
 I gulped, why do I feel bad now?
 I sighed tiredly, “I’m Andree.” I said in a monotone.
 He perked up, and the corners of his lips turned up. He had nice lips, not that I really care, but they looked soft and full.
 “Andree.” My voice was being sung. I looked over to the dressing rooms and sighed again.
 “Andreeeeeee.” She sang louder in her nice high soprano voice. I shook my head and laughed.
“Uh..” I didn’t know what to say, so I went with a, “later.”
 Standing next to the room she was in, I listened for what she needed to say. Nothing came and I knocked on her door. “What’s wrong?”
 I heard a muffled sound and she opened the door, peeking through, “Nothing’s wrong. Why does something have to always be wrong. I just want to show you how amazing I look.” She opened the door now and danced out gracefully on her tip toes.
 She spun in circles, she was wearing a nice white lacey dress with blinding crystal jewelry. She looked gorgeous, as always. I forced out a laugh, “You do look amazing Andria. Now hurry and change back. Ill let you buy that.”
 She giggled and passed me flickering her hair in my face. I stayed motionless and closed her dressing door behind her as she twirled in front of the mirror.
 It took her forever to come out. She probably just stood there in front of the mirror twirling for at least fifteen minutes. And during those minutes  I felt Arden glance at me every so often. I had to remind myself not to be to still, or I’ll look inhuman (as Andria put it). Just because he would glance and stare at me every few seconds, I hated when I get paid attention to and have to act like I am like every other teen out there.
 She threw the dress at me once she got out and laughed, “Thankkkkkksss tons.” She said using some of her power she had and let a cool breeze past against me. My reward. Ha.
 I walked gracefully over to Arden and hand him the clothes and jewelry. I said nothing as he rung them up.
 “You should try this on.” He said suddenly.
Then he shook his head slightly, “wait no, you should try the black one.” Once he had said that a black dress fell onto the counter.
 “Your right. It’ll look gorgeous on you.” Andria said from beside me. I let a groan escape.
 “Oh stop being so plain. You need something new in your wardrobe. Look, at least its black.” She added, taking my wallet from me and giving him the price the screens machine said.
 All I could do was nod, I didn’t want to really ruin her lovely day. I did like it when she was happy and well. It gave me few things not to worry about.
 As he gave Andria the change, he stole another glance at me, with wondering eyes. I really did not have time for this, so I grabbed the bag and pulled Andria out of the store.
 Once I got out, my data base felt like their were no more holes, I made sure and checked, when people past by I looked through the data, found their name, where they lived, who they loved, what they did, and their past. Different images of different people clouded my mind, making me forget why we were in a new store that was actually filled with more clothes than bikinis.
 I felt nice and calm, and not so edgy. Andria happily hummed through the nearest cart and I followed along, just a step behind her. I checked the register and her name was Angie Quiz, she was twenty, liked to cut hair, had a kid, low on money, was a good girl in her parents eyes and got her way. I went through her childhood, amusing myself as I saw how she wined and cried at the smallest things.
 Then my eyes set on someone who walked through the door, older, forty six, five kids, divorced, looking for a present for his eldest daughter, who was turning fourteen in a week.  I filed through his younger years as he past me smelling of seaweed, I crinkled my nose.
 He was once really handsome, all the girls loved him, football player, very athletic, he wants to be young again.  I get bored and look for someone else to read through but I find no one interesting enough. 
 This was really boring.



© 2010 Goddess


Author's Note

Goddess
Ignore grammer problems... etc... :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 6, 2010


Author

Goddess
Goddess

blahhh, IN



About
The names Nyree. 16. My stories never get finished. But its a new year, and im going to try. more..

Writing
Run Run

A Chapter by Goddess


Here. Here.

A Book by Goddess


The First The First

A Chapter by Goddess