Deadly Acquaintance

Deadly Acquaintance

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

"Enjoy your room," said the female clerk behind the desk at the Cass Hotel in Miami, Florida. The woman gave Steven Goodykoontz the key.

"Thanks, ma’am," replied Steven Goodykoontz, who was on vacation.

He just started his vacation about three days ago, and he has 27 days remaining. During his time on vacation, he got a little bit of sun, and had a little tan on his body.

The clerk once again smiled at him while Steven turned around to go to his hotel room numbered 777. Steven was carefree and he was enjoying his vacation. He was laid back, and his clothing really tells the story. He was wearing a light blue Hawaiian shirt with palm trees on it. He wore long a long, light blue pants. In the pocket was a small pocket gun. He usually felt safe while armed.

When he got to his room and opened the door, he immediately flopped on the bed and took a little nap. The room was air conditioned. The room was a condo-like room with a big white bathroom, a beautiful kitchen with the state-of-the-art appliances, a big bedroom with pure white drapes that showed off the elegance of the room to passer bys who played golf on the course, and the living room had a large plasma television and two elegant French leather couches.

When he opened his eyes, it was dusk and the sun made the sky a beautiful orange and red glow on the clouds and sky surrounding it. The laid back Steven looked out the window and gave out a big sigh with ease, and walked out his door and locked it.

Steven left his hotel room and went to the hall to the elevator. He walked in and pushed the button to the lobby. When the elevator landed, he walked out and went outside. He took out his keys to his Mercedes and clicked the unlock button. His car beeped and the lights flashed. He walked to his car and got in. He started the car and backed up and drove off to the four lane highway. He drove for a while, until a restaurant called the La Rendezvous, caught his eye and he went into the parking lot. He parked and went inside.

"Welcome to La Rendezvous, sir," said the greeter. "Do you have a reservation or a membership?"

"Yes, the name is Steven Goodykoontz," replied Steven.

The greeter skimmed his finger through the pages and found the name.

"Ah, here you are, sir. You will be dining at the Presidential table. Come this way, sir."

"Thank you," said Steven.

The greeter walked very elegantly and had a towel rapped around his arm. When they got to the table, Steven sat down.

"Your waiter will be here shortly, sir," said the greeter. Steven sat down and looked at the menu. He skimmed through the Ala Carte menu and found something that met his wanting.

"Good evening, sir," said the waiter, with a French accent. "My name is Stephon Frenyo, and I will be your waiter today. Will you start with an appetizer and a drink?"

"Yes," replied Steven. "I will have the Shrimp bowl for the appetizer, and I will have the Royal Desguan white wine."

"Will that be alcoholic, or non-alcoholic, sir?"

"Non, please."

"Good choice, sir."

The waiter walked off. Later, the waiter got back to the table with Steven’s order and set it down, gently in front of him.

"What will you have today, sir," asked the waiter.

"I will have the roast Duck, with a side dish of manna, please," said Steven.

"Excellent choice, sir," replied the exquisite waiter.

The waiter went back to the kitchen and Steven enjoyed his appetizer. To Steven, the shrimp was perfect and the wine was heavenly. The shrimp bowl had shrimp hanging off the side of a bowl, within the bowl, though, there was three choices of sauces, duck sauce, sweet and sour, or ranch. Steven tried all the sauces and found that all were to his liking. The wine on the other hand had a very sweat, but grapey taste to it that he really enjoyed. The wine had a single green olive in it. The glass was a tall glass with a narrow neck and a big bowl. Steven sipped it and every taste tickled his taste buds with ecstasy and sweetness.

When Steven looked over, about a half an hour later, he saw his waiter coming back with his food. The waiter put his roast duck in front of him, and then put his manna next to that.

"Enjoy your meal, sir," said the waiter.

"Thank, you very much," replied Steven when he gave the waiter $100. The waiter put it in his pocket and walked away. Steven picked up his fork and knife and started to cut the duck. He like the honey taste within the duck’s naked skin. When he took another bite, a woman with a red strapless dress caught his attention. She had golden blonde hair and her face was of a goddess, but that was only what Steven thought. She had an escort of two big strong men with her. Steven could not make out what she was saying, but she looked over to Steven and smiled. She and her body guards walked over to Steven’s table.

"Is there three more seats?" asked the woman.

"Yes, but who are you?" asked the love struck agent.

"My name is Tiffany Spencer," she said with a flirtatious glitter of spirit. "But my friends call me Lucky."

"Okay, Lucky," replied Steven, "Have yourself a seat."

Lucky sat down and opened up a menu. Her body guards did the same.

"What is your name?" asked Lucky.

"My name is Steven Goodykoontz," he replied.

"Nice to meat you."

"Same."

The waiter again came over.

"Hello ma’am," said the waiter, "may I take offer you an appetizer, and a drink?"

"Yes," said Lucky. "I would like the fish chips, and for my drink, I would like the cocktail with a lemon slice, please."

"Good choice, ma’am," said the waiter. "I will be back shortly."

Lucky nodded and looked back at Steven.

"What is your job?" asked Lucky.

"I work for the American government," replied Steven. "How about you?"

"I am a super model," replied Lucky, with a flirtatious grin.

"Yah? How for?"

"French Treats."

"That is a very famous modeling company. How long have you worked there?"

"This is my sixth year."

"Are you married?"

"I was engaged," said Lucky with a change of tone and facial expression. "But, my fiance died."

"How?" asked Steven.

Steven then felt a something metallic on his stomach under the table.

"You should know! You killed him!"

"What?" asked the surprised agent.

"That is right, you scumbag!" yelled the angered woman. "You killed him when you blew up his tank!"

Steven had a cold shiver up and down his body. He came into a cold sweat, but he stayed calm.

"How did you find me?" asked Steven.

"I was able to tap into the ADOC computers," Lucky replied.

"Smart girl," replied Steven.

Just then, Steven kicked away the shotgun from under the table, lifted the table and it slammed on the two guards and food and drink went all over Lucky and the guards.

"Get him!" yelled Lucky as Steven ran to the door.

The door greeter looked at them with a confused look and then realized that it was serious, so he called the police and reported what the cars looked like when Steven, the two guards, and Lucky got into their cars and sped off.

Steven drove fast on the highway towards the hotel.

"Kill him!" yelled Lucky to the driver and the gunman positioned through the sunroof.

Steven looked in his mirror and saw the limo with the crazed Lucky inside and the gunman on top. The gunman shot at Steven’s Mercedes, but the bullets just bounced off. The gun that he was using was an MP35. As he shot with intensity, he kept reloading after twenty seconds of firing.

Steven dodged cars and trucks when he was trying to lose the tail. He tried to cut off cars. The limo, however kept its grip and came even closer to the car.

"Roy! Roy!" yelled Steven into the car’s monitor that is linked by satellite to ADOC.

"Yes, Roy here," replied Roy.

"Roy, I am being tailed and shot at, I need to know if there is any new weapon in my car.," replied the scared agent.

"Yes there is, I installed two new gadgets. They are the acid slick, which destroys the rubber off of cars, and a smoke screen that makes your pursuer’s car not able to keep track of you, GPS wise, and visual wise," said Roy.

"Thanks, Roy," replied Steven.

Steven turned off the monitor and used the smoke screen, which caused the car to lose him.

Inside of the limo, Lucky was very mad.

"You lost him?" yelled Steven.

"Sorry, miss," replied the driver.

"You are useless!" she yelled back.

The driver stopped the car and Lucky took out her weapon and shot the driver in the head. Blood splattered everywhere. She got in the front seat and pushed the driver out and sped off.

Soon, the limo got the GPS navigation back on Steven’s car and Lucky was happy. She sped up, when all of a sudden, a police car came up behind her.

"Dumb cops!" yelled Lucky. "You go out and shoot him!"

The gunman got out and started to shoot the cop car. The cop got shot in the arm, and he swerved and crashed into a car going the other way. The two cars exploded. The gunman receded and sat back down.

As Steven drove up into the parking lot of the hotel, he took out a Spas 12 from the side compartment, beside the passenger seat and the driver seat. He cocked it, and ran inside, hiding the gun under his shirt.

Steven went into his condo, and sat down on a chair in the living room with the lights off.

A few minutes later, Lucky drove up and parked. The gunmen and the guards got out and hid their weapons. They walked into the lobby.

"Have you got reservations?" asked the clerk.

Lucky and the men walked up to the counter and Lucky said, "I am meeting a friend, named Steven Goodykoontz."

The clerk read his book.

"Sorry, but Steven has not notified that he is wanting any company, I am afraid that I will have to ask you to show some identification," replied the clerk.

Lucky got mad, took out a hand gun from her purse. "Here is my identification!" she yelled.

The clerk stopped in his tracks, stunned and wide eyed.

"Come around the desk," Lucky demanded.

The clerk did.

"Now, show me to Mr. Goodykoontz’s room."

The clerk went for the elevator as one of the guards took him and wrapped his arms around him.

"You try to run, you will lose your brain," said the guard.

The clerk pushed the button to the seventh level and Lucky, followed by the guard, then the gunman got in. The five people rode the elevator until it landed to the seventh level.

When the elevator landed, the people got out and the scared clerk showed them to Steven’s room and stopped.

"I showed you his room, now let me go," said the clerk.

"Okay, I will let you out," Lucky said when she silenced her weapon, "I will let you out of your misery."

Steven heard the commotion, and went to the door, opened it up and shot one of the guards, just before Lucky shot the clerk.

Lucky, the last guard, and the gunman pointed their weapons toward Steven, as he shut his door and ducked behind his door, and shot their weapons, waking up every person in that hotel. Steven’s neighbors looked out and were stunned to see three people with guns, Swiss cheesing Steven’s door. The neighbors ran into their rooms and hid.

When the door was gone, the Lucky, the gunman, and the guard walked into the dark room, and snuck around looking for Steven.

The gunman looked in the bathroom and Steven followed him in, silently and the door shut behind them. When the gunman stopped at the bathtub, Steven stood up, and broke the gunman’s neck. Steven caught him, just before he could make a noise when he fell, and let him down slowly on the bathroom floor.

Steven reopened the bathroom door, when a guard came by the bathroom, and he broke his neck and let him down slowly, just like the gunman.

Lucky was looking in Steven’s bedroom when she heard footsteps going toward the door. She ran to the doorway of room and saw Steven going towards the door. Lucky pointed her weapon and shot at Steven, barely missing him and hitting the wall. Steven ran to the hall. Lucky ran after him and when she got to the door way, Steven hit Lucky and she fell on her behind.

Steven took advantage of this moment and opened up a fire hose window and tied the hose around himself. He went to the balcony of the seventh floor that overlooked the lobby, and he repelled down. Lucky got out and started to shoot at Steven when he went down. One of her bullets almost hit Steven. Lucky went over to the hose, stepped on a loose end, and stopped Steven. She turned the knob, and water started to fill up in the hose. The hose wrapped around Steven got heavy and started to crush him. Steven took his Spas 12 and shot the hose and bursting it. Water sprayed everywhere and got Steven wet.

Lucky looked over and started to shoot again, but missed. Steven then repelled the rest of the way down and hid in the lobby’s bathroom. Lucky went down there, to the soaking wet floor of the lobby and searched for Steven.

As Steven hid in the bathroom, he reloaded his weapon. Lucky searched the lobby as Steven stealthily walked out the bathroom door, and walked toward the broken, leaking hose. Lucky heard him and turned around, pointing his weapon towards him.

"You killed Michael!" she yelled.

"He meant to do harm, it was my job!" he replied.

"No! He meant no harm, you killed him on purpose!"

"No, if I could have saved his life, I would, but I could not."

"Liar!" yelled Lucky. She shot at Steven, but Steven ducked, ripped the end of the hose off the broken hose, and threw the metal end at Lucky. The metal end hit her in the head, killing her.

About fifteen minutes later, the police arrived and interrogated the agent, but let him go. After the police left, Steven left and went to the plane back to ADOC.

"Welcome back to work, ‘S’", said Paul.

"Hello, Paul," replied Steven.

"I see you had some trouble with Hehe’s old fiance," he said. "How did it go?"

"Oh, same old, same old."

"Quite."

"I guess you can say, it was a deadly acquaintance," replied Steven with a smile on his face.

"Well, I hope you are ready for your next assignment," said Paul.

"I am," Steven replied.

"Good."

"Yes," replied Steven.

The End



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
Added on March 31, 2008