Medals of Honor

Medals of Honor

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

"Welcome Agents," said Paul as Steven and Todd walked into his office. Paul was extremely happy today; maybe it was because his favorite football team won, or maybe that he was able to see his family for the first time in a while, or maybe it is just that he wants to be a little cheerful today.

"I have another mission for you two, and I have also decided to make you two, semi-permanent partners."

"What are we working on today?" asked Todd.

"A very dangerous one of sorts, ‘T’, because we have news of a Neo-Nazi group taking over a small warehouse that used to belong to the former Soviet Union."

"Why," asked Steven, "don’t they dislike communism?"

"Yes," replied Paul, "but this one is to believe to have a small arsenal left over from the cold war."

"Why would the Soviets leave precious cargo behind?" asked Steven.

"They needed to keep their arms deals quiet from NATO and the UN, so that they may have a chance at world communism," replied Paul.

"Where is this warehouse?" asked Steven.

Paul pushed a red button on his desk and the projector came on. There was a map of Tajikistan. It had a red dot on the near the edge of its borders. Paul put his mouse over the red dot and pushed on it revealing a satellite image of the 100 acre facility.

"This is what we are up against," said Paul. "This is a big facility, and we need to find out what they are doing with it. The Tajikistani government is doing nothing to stop them, and neither are the Russians, or even the rest of the world. CIA, NSA, and the FBI are doing nothing to help. They seem not to even care about these events. We also need to know why. That is why I have sent Gilbert there to see who is the mole not sharing information." Paul turned to the agents. "You two will go down there, stay at a hotel called ‘The Berlin Inn,’ and await my orders. The Neo-Nazis are going to be at the capital for a rally, you need to be there and gather some information. Roy has some equipment for you. I want you two to take your computers along. And gentlemen," said Paul just as the two agents were about to leave, "please be careful, you are my best."

"Will do, sir," said Steven.

Steven and Todd walked out of the room and went to Roy’s lab. Roy was at his workbench, making some modifications on a gadget of his.

"Roy, do you ever have a break?" asked Todd.

"Agent Todd, only when I am hurt," replied Roy with a smile on his face. He turned around to the agents holding two Neo-Nazi patches. "These are transmitting devices. In the middle of the swastika is a receiver that picks up sounds from whoever you talk to. You do not need to push any button, but when you say the word, ‘hello’, it comes on."

When Roy said "it comes on," it was registered into a receiving recorder that repeated the exact words that Roy said.

"Wow, you seem to not have lost a step," said Steven.

"I never do, because I actually do not try to kill myself, Steven," replied Roy.

Steven smiled and took the patch.

"Just one problem," said Todd as he grabbed the patch, "how do we attach it to us?"

"Ahh, just about to get to that," said Roy. "All you do is peel off the back paper of the patch, and put it on anywhere on your body."

"How do we turn off the recording?" asked Steven. The voices were still being recorded.

"Well, all you have to say is, ‘goodbye’," replied Roy.

The receiver turned off and did not record anything else.

"Nice," said Steven.

"Agents, I am also giving you this Colt .45’s and these repel guns into your suitcases along with your stealth suit, and extra clothing. They are covered with a lead box that will not register in the x-ray machines. They will just show up as two boxes."

"Thanks, Roy," said Todd.

Roy shook his head.

The two agents walked out to Paul’s office.

"Agents," said Paul as the two agents walked in, "You will go to the Kansas City Air Terminal and go onto the plane that goes to Berlin. You will not be able to depart to the capital of Tajikistan until one day after you arrive in Berlin. There are rallies going on. You may be able to contact Neo-Nazis there. If you do, I want you to ask some questions relating to the new buy of that warehouse. Whatever you find, I want you to record it. Do not give away your identities. Do not say you are from ADOC, and please, be safe. You both will be arriving in the terminal by a Mercedes in the garage. The plane that you are going to take can take cars. Take your car onto it,"

Paul took four things out of his side pocket. The first things that he showed was two plane tickets and handed them to the two agents. The other things were green cards assigned for Germany and Tajikistan. He handed them over as well.

Later, the two agents were in their car going down the highway toward Kansas City Terminal in their Mercedes. Steven and Todd had their own specialized gun in the dashboard. Steven had his Spas 12 and Todd had his SIG 552. They were going about 75 mph down the highway.

"Do you have any experience with these kinds of people?" asked Steven.

"I once did, but only for a short time," replied Todd. "It was in Kentucky, I had to infiltrate a house that had a weapon cache with M16s, rocket propelled grenade launchers, M1 Garands, SIG 552s, and Panzerchecs, a type of -um, Nazi-German rocket launcher. It suits them, because they were Neo-Nazis. Well, me and a retired agent by the name of Robert Peterson went into the house, to secure it and clean the house of any Neo-Nazis. When we got into the three-story mansion’s ballroom, seven or eight mercenaries took advantage of the high ground and started to shoot us from the balcony. We shot back and tried to hide behind a piano, but they some how shot Robert, but it did not kill him, instead, they hit him in the leg. I shot back and killed a few, but when the National Guard come, they all split and they destroyed the weapon cache, except for a special weapon they called the "Fire." I do not know what function purpose it had, but I thought it might have been a flamethrower of some sort."

Steven nodded his head in agreement.

"Do you have any experience with the Neo-Nazis?" asked Todd looking toward Steven.

"Yes, once," replied Steven. "It was in Hanover Germany, where they have a day called Chaos Day. We had to watch over the day where these wannabe Nazis talk and eat. They go everywhere around town. We were on standby, but nothing happened, though."

"Chaos Day is a very dangerous day," declared Todd.

"Yes it is."

The two agents boarded their car into the 747 in the terminal, got out, and took their seats. The two men rode in first class.

The plane took off with a little turbulence, because of the 20-mph winds. The two men did not think anything of it, because they have both rode in these kind of conditions before. Steven, later after the plane was in the sky, looked over to Todd, who was asleep with his head almost hanging off the side of his seat. Steven decided he must get some rest as well. He had the window seat, and he took advantage of the window. He put his head on the window cover, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Dinner was being served on the plane. Todd was already eating his food, which he had barbeque chicken wings with mashed potatoes, peas, and a Coca-Cola. When the stewardess went by, he motioned for her to stop.

"Ma’am, may I have something to eat, please?" asked Steven.

The young and beautiful stewardess smiled and said, "Yes sir, we are serving fried chicken, baked chicken-"

"I would just like to have what he is having, thank you," said Steven abruptly motioning at Todd.

"Good choice, sir," she said.

The young stewardess walked back into the dining cabin and walked out with barbeque chicken wings, mashed potatoes and peas, and a Coke. She handed Steven the food and smiled.

Steven said thanks as she walked away to the captain’s deck.

Steven dug into his food, first eating his peas.

"Good food, huh?" asked Todd.

"I would say, I’ve never had barbeque chicken like this in my life, and these mashed potatoes are just decadent, and these peas are just magnificent," said Steven. Steven had a big appetite, but was able to keep his weight down. He exercised a lot, and ate mostly healthy foods, but often ate some not so good food. Steven was only 25 years old, so his metabolism was well in balance with is food intake.

"Nah, the chicken isn’t that great," said Todd looking at Steven. "I remember back in Marion, Indiana, my mother always made food for me and it was probably the best dang food that I have ever tasted. I just wish that I never went into the service and became a spy."

Steven said with confidence, "Your mother sounds very nice."

"She is very nice, my dad Gary is a pastor at a church called Bethel Worship Center. It is located in Marion, my mother attends there as well. Are you a religious man?" asked Todd.

"Yes, I go to this church called First Hope Worship Center," replied Steven as he took a drink of his coke.

"Never heard of that, where is it?"

"It is in St. Louis, Missouri."

"Oh."

Todd took a bite of his mashed potatoes, while Steven took a bite of his chicken. The two men finished their meals and handed their trays over to the young stewardess that was coming around with a dirty dish cart.

The two men later fell asleep again.

It was about 3:45 pm when the captain told everybody to put their seat belts on and put their trays in an upright lock position. Todd was still asleep, but Steven awoke when the captain said, "Put their seat belts on." Steven touched Todd on the shoulder. Todd slowly opened his eyes and made a big sniff.

"What time is it?" asked Todd.

"Time for you to put your seat belt on, we’re landing," replied Steven.

Todd put his seat belt on and yawned. Steven opened up the window cover and saw the terminal in Berlin. He was happy that the ride was finally over.

The plane landed about fifteen minutes later. Steven and Todd took their seatbelts off and left the plane to get their car.

When the two agents were driving out, they went to the station and went inside. They entered and immediately got their luggage. They showed the men their green cards and traded their American money for German money. They later went back to their car and drove to the Berlin Inn.

They arrived at the inn at about 10:30 pm. They got their luggage and went to the counter. They were shocked to see a lot of people there at the inn. They did not expect so many people in such a small place. Steven suspected they were Neo-Nazis, and he was right. During the days that the Neo-Nazis come out of their holes are the days that they are seen bunched up together. The two agents walked up to the counter.

The male German clerk said in German, "Greetings, might I help you?"

Todd said back in German, "Yes, we would like a room. Are there any available?"

"Yes there is, and you are lucky to find one, because this is the last room in the whole house. The number is 777." The clerk gave Todd the key and Todd paid the man. "Have a nice stay, sir."

Steven and Todd went to the seventh floor and found their hotel room. Todd unlocked the door and they got in and put their stuff on their bed.

"Todd," Steven said, "I am going to ask these Neo-Nazis some questions, okay?"

"Sure, I will stay here and wait for Paul’s next orders," replied Todd.

Steven went down the elevator to the lobby where the Neo-Nazis were having their little get-together. Steven put on his Nazi-like patch on.

"Hello," said Steven.

One of the Nazis turned around and looked Steven up and down.

"Hello," replied the Neo-Nazi. "What does the American want?"

The Neo-Nazi spoke English, but with a strong accent.

"I want to ask you a question about what you do here," replied Steven.

"Why? America already destroyed the good Germany, do you want to destroy the Arian race, also?" asked the Neo-Nazi with a snobby accent.

"Why would I want to destroy what I love?" asked Steven. He hated what he was saying, but it was his job to find some answers.

"I guess you are right, American."
"Thanks for understanding."

The Neo-Nazi saw Steven’s patch on his chest and his eyes got real big.

"Take that off!" yelled the German

"Why?" asked Steven.

"Because if you are caught with the Nazi sign on, you and I will be arrested," the German replied.

Steven took off the patch and stuffed it into his side coat pocket.

"Now," said Steven, "I am wondering why do you come here every year and meet with other Neo-Nazis?"

"Because we want to make a new Reich, and make Germany a socialist once again," replied the calmed German.

"Why make a new Reich, why not just live in the new Germany?"

"We do not like the new Germany, because of those impure Jews, intellectuals, and minorities that we have here. I hate them, and I would like to live in the old Germany. At least there I can live without being reminded that my job might be taken over by some bearded Jew!"

"I see what you mean, but we have the same thing at America, but we are made to like them. Our country lets there be minorities in the leadership positions," replied Steven. He was getting real mad at himself for letting himself say those things.

"Are you looking for a job?" asked the Neo-Nazi.

"You know where I can find one?" asked Steven.

"Yes," the German replied. "As a matter of fact my buddy and I are going to this warehouse in Tajikistan where the owner hires all Neo-Nazis."

"Thanks, when do you guys leave?" asked Steven.

"Tomorrow," replied the German. He motioned for his buddy to come to him. The other Neo-Nazi was a fairly tall man and Steven could tell that he had a gun in his pocket.

"Gutentak," said the other German.
"He does not speak English, so I can translate," said the first German. "Oh, by the way, my name is Fredrik Isingler, and my friend here is named Seven Himler.

"Wake me up tomorrow, room 777?" asked Steven.

"Yes," replied Fredrik.

The three men walked their separate ways. The two Germans walked over to the other Germans and started talking. Steven went to the elevator and pushed the button to the seventh floor.

"Goodbye," said Steven to turn off the transmitter.

***

"Agent ‘T’," said Paul as he came onto the computer monitor. "You are now authorized to go to Tajikistan with Steven. Two Neo-Nazis will accompany Steven. They may get into the way, but yet the can also help us get more information on the warehouse. I want you to let them stay with you. Plus, after you arrive at the warehouse, I want you to get rid of the Neo-Nazis. You are authorized to use lethal force. ADOC is ordering your plane tickets at the Berlin National Airport. When you are on the plane to Tajikistan, I will beep before I appear on this screen. Brief Steven."

The monitor turned off when Steven walked into the room. Todd closed the suitcase with the laptop in it. Todd briefed Steven. Steven nodded his head.

Later, Steven and Todd fell asleep and were awaken about 10:32 am. The door was knocking and Todd got up and put his hand in his pocket where his gun was. He walked to the door and looked through the peephole at two Germans. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes. Todd opened the door.

"We’re ready, in about forty-five minutes, hurry and get dressed, we are going to the airport at eleven," said Fredrik.

"I’ll make sure to inform my pal," said Todd. "I was just getting ready. Where do you want to meet us?"

"In the lobby, look for us," replied Fredrik.

Todd nodded and closed the door and took his gun out of his pocket.

"Steven," said Todd.

"What, What, what is going on?" asked Steven still suffering from sleepiness.

"Time to get up and meet those Germans. We’re outta here in 45," replied Todd.

Steven jumped up and combed his hair. Todd was already out of the door waiting for Steven. Steven grabbed his stuff, and the laptop, and ran out of the door.

"Ready to leave?" asked Todd to Steven.

"Yah," replied Steven.

The two agents walked to the elevator and rode it to the lobby. On two couches, the agents saw the two Neo-Nazis. Steven and Todd walked up to them.

"Ready?" asked Fredrik.

"Yes," replied Steven.

The four men walked out the door and got into separate cars. Todd followed the two Germans to the airport.

***

It was about 2:30 pm when they were over Azerbaijani airspace. The two agents were awake and awaiting the ping from Paul. The two Neo-Nazis were sleeping about seven rows back.

*Ping* went the laptop. Todd opened it from his window seat and Steven and Todd put on their earphones.

"Agents," the voice said, "this is Roy, and I have shown the schematics of the warehouse from the ADOC satellite. You can clearly see where you can enter from." Two arrows appeared on the screen. They were pointing toward two air vents that were poking out of the side of the facility. "If you see those arrows, you can go through those vents and get to two upper deck rafters." The screen changed. The building became transparent. The vents were seen going up a vertical incline and bending to horizontal going to two rafters on each side about 1,000 feet apart. The agents could see a few things inside of the facility, but could not make out what they were. Roy’s voice continued, "Here you can see an X-Ray view of building. I made this possible by powerful harmless X-Rays that were emitted onto the facility. The two vents are going straight for about 50 feet, then going vertical up about 120 feet, then going horizontal for about 12 feet until you get to the rafters above the floor in the facility. Fortunately, your repel guns can reach that high, so you do not have to worry about a hard working climb to the top. You can also use this as an escape." The screen magnified to about 50 times and the agents could make out weapon caches behind doors, and missiles in the process of being built. There were also trucks parked outside of the facility parked to a loading dock and missiles being transported. This image was not in real time. It had been taken about three hours before. There were arrows that appeared on the screen. One arrow that was pointing to the trucks was red. Another was pointing to the weapon caches and that was green. Another arrow was pointing to the missiles being made and missiles after it were made and that was yellow. The last arrow was pointing to a room that was above the left rafter and that arrow was white. Roy’s voice continued, "Now, these arrow shows where all the areas of interest are. The red arrow is what you must destroy first. They are the loading docks." Another arrow appeared on a gearbox. "This is a gearbox and if you shoot it, the workers cannot get the doors open to load the missiles. We believe that the missiles are being sold to terrorists. The green arrow is where you must get to next. Paul and I believe that if you take out a guard, take his clothes and get into the caches, you can successfully set off a bomb that they posses and destroy those rooms all at once. The yellow arrow is where the third thing to take out, this one will destroy your stealth, so I want one of you to take the other vent to the other rafter to get to the office of man named Justin McMurry. He is an American who helps the Neo-Nazis. I want one of you to take him out while you are taking out the missiles. Hopefully, the missiles will cause the facility to explode and you get enough time to get out of there. Please be careful." Roy’s voice ended and the screen went black.

"What were you watching?" asked a nosy German man behind them. "It looks really boring."

Steven looked behind him and said, "We were watching to most boring episode of Barney and Friend."

The German laughed and sat back down.

A few hours later, the plane landed and Steven and Todd were awoke by the German lady’s voice on the intercom. Steven and Todd stayed into their seat until the two Germans met up with them.

"Go ahead, guys," said Fredrik.

Steven and Todd got up.

"Thanks," said Steven as they walked out of the plane to the walkway. The four men showed their green cards to the waiting man at the end of the walkway who waved them on. A man held a sign up that said "Fredrick".

"Are you Fredrik Isingler?" asked the man holding the sign. "My name is Slava Solukov."

"You spelled my name wrong!" yelled the enraged Fredrik. "You spell it with a "k" at the end, not a "ck", you dope!"

"Sorry sir," Slava said apologetically. "I am your chauffer for the day."

"Thanks," replied Fredrik as the five men walked to the main doors to the waiting limo.

Slava got inside the driver side and Steven, Todd, Fredrik, and Seven got in the back seat. The limo was furnished with bear fur over a nice cushioning seat. There was a phone on one side, and a mini bar. Fredrik and Seven sat on one side, and Steven and Todd sat at another end.

Fredrik looked at the mini bar as the car drove from the curb.

"You want a shot of Vodka?" asked Fredrik to Steven and Todd.

"We do not drink, sorry," replied Todd.

"That is okay, more for us I say," laughed Fredrik as he poured two glasses for Seven and himself.

The German sat down and gave Seven his drink. They toasted and they both air-toasted Steven and Todd. Like two Germans, they gulped it down and Fredrik went to get another drink, and then another, and then another, until the bottle was all gone. The German went for another bottle. This one was French champagne. They, too drank that bottle up. Soon the two Germans were so drunk that they started to slur when they talked.

"You, know," said Fredrik with a drunken slur, "I can sure keep my b-b-b, how do you say?"

"Beer?" asked Todd with a smile on his face. He looked over to Steven and smiled.

"Yah! That is the word I was so wanting to looking for," said the drunk German. "I can so hold my beer like my fat dead mother can hold me when I was in her belly." The two Germans looked at each other and started to laugh very loud. Seven laughed so loud that he fell off of his seat onto the floor with a big thud. Steven and Todd tried to keep a straight face, but soon laughed. Seven got up.

"So, do you know anything about this warehouse we are going to?" asked Todd.

"Oh, the warehouse where McMurry makes weapons for terrorist organizations?" asked Fredrik.

"Yah," replied Todd, "that one."

"Oh," replied the drunk German, "it is a lightly guarded facility, because McMurry has paid the government to stay away from his facility. So, if a spy wants to get in there and like destroy the place, they can, because it is so unheavily guardedededededededededededed.....-" The German tongue-tied himself. Seven and Fredrik started to laugh hysterically again.

Steven and Todd looked at each other and smiled again.

"Are you two lovers?" asked the drunk German. "We do not like gay people!"

"No," replied Steven.

"I think you are," replied Fredrik.

Fredrik jumped at Steven and tried to choke him. Steven was being held down and choked as Todd was being attacked by Seven. Steven kneed Fredrik in the groin. Fredrik pushed back and released his grasp on Steven and the agent punched Fredrik in the face. Fredrik thudded back into his seat. Steven grabbed Seven and put an elbow into his face. Seven, too, thudded backwards. Fredrik got a knife out of his pocket and lunged forward and tried to stab Steven. Steven got hit back into his seat as Fredrik tried to put a knife into his chest. Steven took his right foot and planted it right in between his legs and jabbed it as far as he could. Fredrik yelled and Steven grabbed the knife and stabbed Fredrik in the thigh. Fredrik yelled. Steven opened the door and pushed Fredrik out onto the road. Fredrik tumbled and fell into a bush that was next to the road. Seven lunged at Steven, but Todd caught him and punched him in the jaw and broke it. Todd opened the door as Steven was closing his Todd pushed him out. Seven tumbled out, but broke his neck on the way out and died.

The driver braked and got out. He opened up the door to the dark night and said, "What happened back here?"

Todd jumped out and grabbed the driver and put a gun to his head.

"You will drive us the rest of the way, call the police and I will shoot you. Try anything funny, and I will kill you, understand?" demanded Todd.

"Y-Yes, just don’t kill me!"

"Good," replied Todd. "I am going to ride shotgun, and if you try anything, you know what will happen, don’t you?"

"Yes, sir."

Slava was now crying and wet himself. Todd released his grasp and ran toward the passenger side door. He opened in and put the belt on. The driver got in and Todd immediately pointed the gun at his head. The driver put his belt on and drove off. Steven closed the door and opened the window to the driver.

It was almost morning when they arrived at the facility. Todd grabbed the driver by the head and choked him. The driver got knocked out and Todd threw him out of the door. Steven got out of his clothes and put on his stealth suit. He took out his repel gun and his Colt .45. He got out and handed Todd his suitcase. Todd already stashed the driver into the dark bushes that was surrounding the facility. Todd took off his clothes to his underwear and put his stealth suit on. He also got his weapon and his repel gun. Todd took the nearest rafter and Steven took the rafter that was nearest to the office of Justin McMurry.

Steven nodded to Todd and they both broke out the screens that was covering the vents. The agents crawled in and saw the vertical drop-off. Steven shot is repel gun and the hook hit the top and grasped the metal at the top. Todd did the same. Steven dragged himself up the small 3x3 vent. It took a long time for him to get up there. When he got to the top, he unhooked his cable-grabbed hold of the metal side for balance. He hoisted himself up and squeezed through. He could see a guard patrolling the upper rafter. He got out his .45, silenced it, and put the gun barrel through the openings of the vent. He waited until the guard got close enough to the vent. When the guard finally did, Steven shot him in the head and the guard fell. There was a thud, but the place was too noisy for anyone to hear it. Steven bashed open the vent and crawled out. When he got out, he saw another guard on the other side, but he fell with a thud that he could not hear. On the other side came Todd and he gave Steven a thumb up.

Todd pointed to the gears to the loading bay. Steven nodded and aimed his weapon to the gears. He waited until everyone was out of the way and he shot the gears. The gears sparked and the doors fell with a big bang. The workers who were there looked around and the two agents got on their stomachs and waited until the lights that were shined their way faded. Steven looked over to Todd and pointed to the cache door just under Todd. Todd nodded in agreement and repelled down. He made himself as quiet as he could. He landed and immediately hid behind a crate parallel to the doors. He put his back to the crate and looked over his shoulder. He waited for a man to come by his way so that he could grab him. Soon, a young guard came by and Todd punched him in the face and knocked him out. Todd quickly took off the man’s clothes and put them on. Todd picked up the man and put him to a dark corner between some crates. Todd walked casually toward the doors and went inside.

Todd was amazed at the kinds of guns that were inside. There were Spas 12s, AK 47s, Uzi's, M16s, missile launchers, grenades, land mines, and the one gun that he remembered the most, a gun that had the label "Feuer". In German, the name Feuer meant fire. He was stunned that it was not a flamethrower, but it was a sub machine gun that had two modes, bullet mode, and explosive bullet mode. The gun was relatively small, so he stashed it under his clothes and picked up Spas 12.

A man walked up to him and said in German, "Nice weapons aren’t they?"

Todd replied in German, "Why yes, I have never seen so many guns before. I just got transferred to this cache yesterday."

"What?" yelled the German. "We do not transfer, we assign and make them stay there, and you are lying. Let me see your identification!"

Todd reached into his pocket and pulled out his gun and shot the German in the head. Other men ran over to see what was going on. The Germans that did see what was going on attacked Todd, and Todd punched the five men that were trying to get him. He knocked out two, but three got the upper hand and knocked Todd over. Todd took the Spas 12 as he was on the ground and shot one German. The German got flown back. He shot another one and shot the last one. Todd got up and pulled a pin from one of the grenades. He ran out and repelled back to the top rafter. Men started to look up at Todd and started to shoot.

Todd took out the Fire and fired at the men down below. The gun putted out bullets and hit one of the pipes that fed fuel to the missiles. Fuel was spewing everywhere and it soon caught on fire. Todd dropped the weapon and ran to the vent and crawled back into the small hole. Bullets were whistling past his head. Steven got back into the hole. The two agents planted there repel gun hooks into the metal and repelled quickly down. The two agents landed to the bottom of the vent and crawled out. They ran toward the limo.

"That was close," said Todd to Steven.

"Yah, that was a tight one, are you okay?" asked Steven.

"I think so," he replied.

The two agents got into the limo. Suddenly, two men with copper wire started chocking the two agents and got knocked out.

The two agents awoke inside of an office inside of McMurry’s warehouse. They were tied to a chair and their weapons were gone.

"You stupid Americans!" yelled a man.

"Who are you?" asked Steven.

"I am Justin McMurry," he replied.

"Sir, these Americans tried to destroy what we have worked for," said a man in the shadows.

The two agents turned their heads to the shadowy figure in the corner. The man slowly walked out and the agents were stunned.

"That is right!" said the man. "I survived and managed to come here."

"I thought you died," said Steven.

"No, I survived and now that I have finally found you, I can finally get you and get my revenge!"

"This has to be some kind of joke!" yelled Todd.

"Does this look like a joke?" said the man.

"How did you survive not being destroyed by my gunshot wound, getting tangled into the giant cogs, and the explosion?" asked Steven.

"You know me, I got lucky." he replied.

"You see gentlemen, Smelser and I have been working together for years, and do you think that I’d actually let him die like that?" asked McMurry.

"I do not see how he could have survived anyway. It was impossible for him to survive," said Steven. "How did he survive?"

"I can handle this," said Smelser to McMurry. "I survived because when I fell, I did not fall directly into the cogs, I actually fell between them and fell into a well of water that was just below that. That water was Lake Chad. I swam out and got to swim far enough that the explosion could not get to me."

"How did you survive the gunshot blast?" asked Steven.

"Duh, I was wearing a flak jacket."

"Mr. Smelser came here to witness the death of ADOC’s best!" said McMurry with a laugh.

A guard came into the room with a can of gasoline. He sprayed it around the room and around the chairs.

Goodbye, agents," said Smelser.

McMurry lit a match and threw it on the gasoline. The gas ignited and a big wall of fire gulped up the room and the two agents were trapped in their chairs where the flame could get them.

The flame came up to their ropes. Todd had an idea to burn it off of them. "Steven," said Todd.

"What?" asked Steven.

"If we can just scoot toward a flame, we might be able to burn off the rope," replied Todd.

Steven nodded and the two agents worked together and scooted toward a flame and the flame burned off a rope. The rope came off. Todd ran out of the room as Steven grabbed their two weapons on the desk.

Steven ran to meet up with Todd. The place was empty and the doors were sealed shut by welting them.

"What do we do?" asked Steven.

"The vents!" yelled Todd. The two agents ran to the vent. Steven grabbed Todd as he jumped down. Steven hooked his repel cable. The two agents went down the vent and got out as the facility caught the missiles and imploded.

"The limo is gone," explained Todd.

"Dang, we failed our mission," said Steven.

Steven spotted his suitcase in the bushes next to the knocked out driver. He opened it up and contacted ADOC.

"Paul," said Steven.

"Yes," he replied.

"We lost him, and we have bad news."

"We’ll send a chopper," replied Paul.

"Sir, I have-" the screen went blank and Steven could not finish his report.

Todd walked over to Steven.

"What do we do now?" he asked.

"I do not know, we have a chopper coming," replied Steven.

Todd looked at Steven and had a worried look on him.

***

It took a few hours for the chopper to arrive where the two agents were. The chopper landed and the agents jumped in. The chopper took off and took them back to ADOC.

***

"Welcome back, agents," said Paul. Paul looked very annoyed. He had some papers on his desk and a pen. Steven and Todd were still in their stealth suits.

"Sir," said Todd, "I take all the responsibility, Steven did all he could. I compromised the mission."

"How could losing your target not be both of your faults?" asked Paul. "I see that both of you did less than what you can do to stop him. Now we have a terrorist on our hands, and we do not know where he is."

"Sir," said Steven, "I have some bad news for you. Smelser is not dead, he was working with McMurry all long and-"

"I do not care about Smelser!" yelled Paul. "We have an international terrorist on our hands and you both failed to bring him in." Paul picked up the papers on his desk. "These are suspension recommendations. I will send them to Washington and you both will be on suspension, and probable pay cut. I am very disappointed with you both."

"Paul," said Todd, "I know where this man went, if you just let us go get him, this mission will not be so lost after all."

"Why should I?" asked Paul.

"Only Steven and I know what this creep is capable of, Paul, and you know dang right that we are the men for this job. Letting us go is just dumb. I know where this man is going."

"Okay," said Paul putting the papers down, "I will let you both go, but do you know where he is?"

"Yes, I tagged the limo and they should be there right now. It should not be hard to find them," replied Todd.

"Show me," demanded Paul.

Todd took out his laptop and turned it on. He turned the settings to track and a map of Europe came on. The limo was now out of Tajikistan, but was at Uzbekistan, near the capital called Tashkent.

"They are going to Kazakhstan," said Paul with wide eyes.

"Why?" asked Steven.

"Another terrorist group goes there," explained Paul. "They are not part of the Neo-Nazis, but instead, they are part of the SUP Socialist Union Partied."

"But they are still socialists," said Steven.

"Yes, but what I have heard of their leaders, Tanner Brown and Parker Mughmaw, they, also make weapons of mass destruction and weapon arms just like Smelser and McMurry," said Paul. Paul pushed a button and called in Dustin and Nathan. Later they came in and joined Steven and Todd.

"Agents," said Paul anxiously, "I want you to take out this facility." Paul pushed a button on his desk and the projector came on. A map of Kazakhstan came on. A red dot appeared near the capital, Adriana. "This is the facility of Parker Mughmaw and Tanner Brown. You four will infiltrate this facility, kill these four men." The projector changed and four pictures and profiles came on. The first one was of Aaron Smelser. The profile said, "Once thought to be dead. Belongs to the SUP, and has ties with the Neo-Nazis. The second picture was of Justin McMurry. The profile said he was a strong member of the Neo-Nazis, owns many weapons of mass destruction. The third picture was of Parker Mughmaw. The profile said that he was part of SUP, he co-owns a facility that distributes weapons to the Taliban, NRA, and the Neo-Nazis. The last was of Tanner Brown. The profile said that he co-owned a facility with Parker Mughmaw, part of SUP, and is being hunted by Interpol, the CIA, FBI, NSA, KGB, MI6, MI5, and has a warrant in the countries of Russia, China, India, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Austria, Germany, Australia, and in Rhode Island. "These men," again said Paul, "are the men who you will be getting. These men are your targets. You will report to Roy for suit up, and come back here for final debriefing."

The four men nodded and all walked out to Roy’s office.

"Welcome agents," said Roy. He had the stealth suits in his hands, folded. "Here are your stealth suits, go in the back and get dressed. Nathan and Dustin went into the back and got dressed. When the two came back, Roy had a new gadget for them. The gadget was a gun that looked like a small .45 caliber.

"This is a small rocket launcher," said Roy. "You shoot it like any other weapon, but when you shoot it, it explodes." He gave the agents each the weapon. They all put it into their secondary gun cradle. "Now, get two weapons and enough ammo for this mission."

Steven, Todd, Dustin, and Nathan went over and grabbed two weapons. Steven grabbed the Spas 12 and the Thompson submachine gun. He put the submachine gun on his back cradle. Todd grabbed the MP35, and the AK47. He put the MP35 into his back cradle. Dustin grabbed the Desert Eagle, and the automatic Colt .45. He put the Desert Eagle into another gun cradle in his left chest. Nathan picked up the Uzi, and the .44 Winchester six shooter. He put the six shooter into his front chest gun cradle. The four men also picked up about 300 clips of ammo. They walked past the crossed-armed Roy and walked into Paul’s office.

"Agents, a chopper is outside ready to pick you up," said Paul. "The facility is a factory. It has two levels, so it would help if you split up into groups of two, or go solo. You can go in by the air vents on the top of the factory. Your suits are equipped with your repel gun, so use it. Please be careful."

The agents nodded and walked to the helicopter. Agent Andy was there to meet them and he escorted them to the stealth chopper. It took off and headed for Kazakhstan.

"We’re over the sight!" yelled Andy to the men. He held four parachutes that he gave to the agents. "You are going to land on roof. You are leaving in twenty...............10.....9.....8.....7.....6.....5.....4.....3.....2....1, GO GO GO!" He waved the men on and they jumped out. About twenty seconds later, they deployed their black parachutes and landed safely on the roof of the building. There was dim light, so they could see them a little bit. The four men huddled together.

"Dustin," said Todd. Todd was the unofficial leader. "You and Nathan are going down that pipe." He pointed at one vent pipe behind him. "Steven and I will go to that one." He pointed to the one just in front of them. "We will meet up in the loading bay and search for the four fugitives. Please be careful." The other three agents nodded and they headed to their own directions.

"Okay," said Todd to Steven. "You go first."

Steven climbed in, hooked his repel gun and jumped down into a horizontal vent part. He could see through the various vent covers and seen guards, workers, and the occasional maintenance man walk by.

"We are going down this one," whispered Todd. He was pointing to the end of the vent to a vent cover that was a little broken. Steven crawled over and kicked it out. The factory was loud, so nobody heard the bang and the clank of the vent cover. They were only a few feet off the ground. Steven crawled out and immediately put his back strafed the wall and looked over his shoulder holding his Spas 12. Todd climbed out, bent down, motioned for Steven to walk, and snuck around the factory. They seemed to be inside the generator room. There were cogs that were being turned by a big rudder. A few men were walking around. One was at a computer typing out commands. He walked up to him and knocked him out with the butt of his gun. Steven caught him and laid him down under the desk in a dark spot. Steven turned around and nodded his head toward Todd. Todd snuck around and saw another man. The man was walking around oiling the gears. Todd went up behind him, broke his neck, and put him in a dark spot under the desk behind him. The two agents then heard footsteps walking into the room. The two men quietly ran behind the gears, and waited for the man to come by. He went by Steven and he jumped out and punched the man in the head knocking him out. He put him under the computer desk. Todd motioned for him to move on to the next room.

***

Nathan and Dustin were in a computer room. All the computers were on, and all the computers were inside of cubicles. The room lights were turned off, because at night, the businessmen leave. Dustin walked to a cubicle, because he heard someone in the room. Nathan did the same. A man walked in. It was a janitor. The man was wheeling a trashcan around. The janitor walked up to the cubicle next to Dustin. The man was complaining about how much he works and how little he is paid. Dustin walked up behind him and chocked him until he fell. Dustin stuffed the man under the desk, and wheeled his trashcan to a very pitch black place in the room. Dustin whispered, "He is out."

Nathan snapped his fingers and walked to the next room. This room was a very lit room, not one shadow. There was one man that spotted them and ran. Nathan ran after him and caught him. Nathan had his arms around his neck and he bashed him over the head. The man fell and Nathan put him into the dark computer room.

***

Steven and Todd were now in the powder room. This is where they made the bullets. This room was barely filled, but there was movement. Todd came up beside him and motioned him on. The room was a little dark, but there was enough light for them to see.

"I’ll go left, and you go right," commanded Todd.

Steven complied. Steven was behind a crate of powder. He looked up and saw a man putting bullets together. He crept behind him, grabbed him and his mouth, and drug him to a dark corner. He smashed him on the head and let him fall gently. He bent back down and continued toward the door.

Todd was almost to the door when he heard footsteps just behind the door. He ran and hid in the corner parallel to the door. A guard came through and surveyed the area. The guard was carrying a beating stick and was armed with a magnum. Todd got behind him and tried to grab him. The guard caught sight of him and smacked him in the stomach. Todd skipped backward with pain surging in his stomach. Todd recovered and attacked the man. The man swung his club, but Todd blocked it and hit him in the nose. The guard juke backward into the wall. Todd kicked him and the man fell onto his knees, throwing up. Todd took the guard, smashed his head against the wall and threw him into the shadows. After that ordeal, Steven was behind Todd. Todd motioned for them to move on.

***

Nathan and Dustin were in a hallway. The hallway was light, but surly not lit if it had businessmen working. Nathan and Dustin crept down the hall and had to stop because of a security guard present down the hall. They were at a corner. The guard was coming their way, and Nathan needed to think of something quick. So, he took out his repel gun. When the guard came around the corner, Nathan shot and the guard was hit in the chest destroying part of his bulletproof vest. Dustin silenced his .45 and shot where the hole was. The guard fell and Nathan hid him in the shadows. The two agents walked along the hallway to a door that said Main Factory. They walked in and the place was noisy. Men were walking everywhere. There was one that was loading the trucks. One was building the missiles. Some of the men were boxing the guns in wooden boxes with hay in them. The others were shipping them off. There were also guards. The guards had assault rifles and seemed they would not heed to use them. The two agents looked over and saw Steven and Todd go through the corridor to the main factory. Todd waved at Nathan and motioned to stay there and stay down. Todd and Steven crept quickly to them and hid.

"Men," said Todd quietly. He pointed to a squared window. "That is where we need to be. That is the conference room, and I believe that our men are there. We all will ambush them and get out of here. I managed to pick up a nuclear charge from the crate over there. I can blow this place up, but first, we need to assure that these men are dead." Todd put his attention onto the men. "Steven, you are going to take out Smelser. Nathan, take you Brown. Dustin, take out McMurry. I will take out Mughmaw."

"How do we get up there without being caught?" asked Dustin.

Todd pointed to a stairwell going up to a rafter above. "That is our ticket, boys. We have to sneak quietly and quickly. I will lead. This place is moderately lit, so it will be easy to stay in the dark. Under no circumstances get into the light. Now go."

Todd started out. The other agents followed behind keeping their main weapons in their hands. The men walked in the shadows, quietly. When they reached the stairs. Todd stayed behind and waved the men on. They snuck up the stairs and stopped inches from the glass of the windows.

"There is a door in the glass," said Todd. "Just open the door, but be careful, because the room is lit. We have to be quick. Keep your weapons in hand. Let’s go."

Todd, Steven, Dustin, and Nathan ran to the door, opened it and surprised the men inside.

"Freeze!" yelled Steven.

There were more than just four men. There was also no sign of the four men. The men in here were guards. The guards took out their assault rifles and pointed it at them. The agents retaliated and shot them. Steven shot one that was sitting at a table. That man died instantly. Dustin shot the one getting coffee in the head. Some blood splattered on the wall. Nathan and Todd shot their man in the foot and in the heart. Those men died. In the other room, McMurry, Mughmaw, Brown, and Smelser heard the commotion and went in with their .45s.

"Hold it!" yelled Dustin.

The four men opened fire, but did not hit anyone. Steven shot at Smelser, but he missed. The four men ran, and the agents ran after them. They were in a long hall. There were offices around them and the four fugitives ran into different ones. Smelser ran into a computer room. The room was dark, and he hid behind a cubicle strafing that wall. McMurry ran into a server room where he hid beside two servers with his back against the corner of the wall. He had his gun pointed and he started to sweat. Mughmaw ran into test product room. It is the room where they test out weapons. He went under a table and hid. Brown ran and hid into a janitor’s closet. He turned off the lights.

Steven walked into the computer room. He held up his Spas 12 and kept it pointed ahead of him. Smelser was trying to keep his breathing steady inside the cubicle as Steven walked in. Steven crept around and jumped at each cubical, but found nothing.

Todd went into the server room and quickly found McMurry. McMurry started shooting. He hit Todd’s chest, but Todd had a flak jacket on. Todd shot back and wounded McMurry. Todd’s MP35 jammed and McMurry attacked Todd. McMurry took out his gun and tried to point it at Todd’s head. Todd fought with him, but could not hold off the attacks of McMurry’s fists. He kept punching him, until he could put his .45 to his head. Just before he fired, Todd shot his repel gun into his chest. The hook went through him. McMurry dropped his gun and rolled off. Todd got up and saw McMurry twitch. Todd took out his Colt .45 and shot him in the head. He stopped twitching and let out a big breath. Todd received his repel gun and walked out of the room.

Nathan was in the shooting range, also known as the test product room. Mughmaw shot at Nathan and hit him the foot. Todd fell over and he got attacked. Mughmaw put his hands on Nathan’s throat and started to squeeze. Nathan took out his .45 and shot him in the arm. Mughmaw released his grip and rolled off. Nathan got up with pain surging through his foot. Nathan kicked Mughmaw in the face cracking his skull. Mughmaw let out a blood-curtailing scream. Nathan shot Mughmaw in the head. Mughmaw twitched a little before he died.

Dustin walked by the janitor’s closet. Brown heard his footsteps and quietly came out and ambushed Dustin. Brown took Dustin by the head and tried to break his neck. Dustin elbowed Brown in the side breaking one of Brown’s ribs. Brown let out a scream. Dustin came up to him and punched him in the face. Brown fell with a big thud. Dustin took out his automatic .45. He pointed toward Brown’s head and shot it. He shot so much that all of his rounds in that clip were gone. Brown’s face was not recognizable.

Back in the computer room. Smelser stayed behind the cubical until Steven came by. Smelser his Steven in the face. Steven went backwards and Smelser jumped on him and started to punch him. Steven tried to get him off of him, but Smelser had too well of a grip. Steven took out his .45 and jabbed the barrel into Smelser’s gut. Smelser held his hand on that spot. Steven pushed Smelser off of him and took out his Spas 12.

"Don’t shoot!" yelled Smelser.

"Too, late, old friend!" yelled Steven. Steven shot Smelser in the head. Brain matter, skull fragments, and blood went everywhere. Smelser’s body hit the floor.

Outside, the four agents met up with each other.

"We must destroy this place," said Todd. "I lost the charge, so we will have to use our explosive guns. Shoot at anything like a missile or a bomb. Once that happens then we will only have a few minutes to get out."

The agents nodded.

Steven looked up. "Todd," he said. "The skylight will provide a way out."

"Yes!" said Todd.

"Who will shoot the rocket," said Dustin pointing to a missile that was on a conveyer belt. The belt was off and workers were programming it.

"I will," said Steven. "You guys go. I’ll stay here and destroy the missile."

"Just be careful," said Todd.

"Always am," he replied. "The guards down there will hear you break the glass. I’ll provide cover. Now Go!"

Todd, Nathan, and Dustin all pointed their .45s at the ceiling’s skylight and shot. Glass sprayed everywhere. All the workers and guard below heard the commotion. One of the guards shot at Steven, and missed his head by inches.

"GO!" he once again shouted.

The three agents shot their repel guns and the hooks attached to the roof. Steven took out his Spas 12 as the three other agents went up. A few guards shot at the three repelling agents and Steven quickly picked them off with his Spas 12. When they were out of sight. The guards below focused their shots on him. Steven repelled down to the lower level and hid behind a crate.

I have to hold these guys off before I can destroy this missile

This time Steven had to reload. He squatted, took out eight bullets, put them into his gun, and cocked it. He stood back up, but this time, there was a guard coming after him in a forklift. Steven jumped onto a crate and dodged the oncoming vehicle. Steven shot at the guard, thus hitting him in the arm. The guard lost control and rammed into stacks of barreled jet fuel. The fuel ignited and exploded. Steven shield his eyes when the explosion happened. When he could open them, a fire broke out that was very close to the missiles. Steven repelled onto the upper rafter and unhooked the hook when he got to the top. There were more guards coming in at that time. One guard was coming up the rafters. That guard had a M16. The guard pointed his weapon at Steven. Steven shot the guard. The guard’s last minute reflexes before he died, shot at Steven shooting him in the leg. Steven screamed as he went down. Steven held his leg. He looked over and saw that the inferno was not at the base of the missiles. Steven acted fast. he ignored the pain and got on his feet. When a guard shot Steven in the arm. Steven just shrugged it off and shot back. He killed the guard. Steven shot his repel gun to the roof. He attached it to his belt and hoisted himself up. Guards now started to shoot at him, but they all missed. When Steven got to the top, he unhooked his hook and limped quickly toward the skylight. Steven took out his gun that shot out explosive bullets. He pointed his weapon at a missile. Before he pulled the trigger, the ADOC helicopter was right above him. Steven shot the bullet into the missile. Just as the missile exploded and caused a chain reaction blowing up more missiles, Steven jumped onto the landing bars of the helicopter. Steven held on as the factory exploded and the helicopter took off. Andy quickly took Steven’s hand and hoisted him up.

"Are you all right?" asked Andy.

"Barely," he explained. "I am shot in the femur and a slug busted my radius."

"We’ll get you help," replied Andy. Steven saw the other agents. Nathan’s foot was wrapped up. Todd and Dustin helped Andy put him to a medical cot. They ripped the stealth suit where the wound was. Steven was bleeding.

Andy was once a military doctor for the screaming eagles and knew how to help people. He took out his pocketknife and jabbed out the two bullets Steven had in him. Steven screamed when the bullets came out. Andy, then took some alcohol and doused it on the wounds. Steven almost fainted.

"No bones are hit," said Andy. "You are very lucky."

Steven could not comprehend. The pain was too much. Steven fainted.

***

Steven later awoke in the ADOC hospital. Angel and Tina were there to see him open his eyes.

"Well good morning, sleepy head," said Tina.

"Hello," replied Steven getting off some sleep.

"You are ready to go," said Tina. "You can leave anytime you want."

Steven got up out of his bed.

Tina had his clothes laid out. It was his old army honorable suit that he wears for ceremonies.

"Why this?" asked Steven.

"You’ll have to find out when you go into Paul’s office," replied Tina.

Steven went into the restroom and got dressed. He returned his robe to Tina. Steven walked out, to Paul’s office.

"Welcome, Steven," said Paul.

"Why am I wearing a suit?" he asked.

"Today, we are invited to meet the president," he replied.

"When do we leave?" he asked.

"We don’t leave," said a voice behind him.

Steven turned around, and Lord beholds, it was the president. Steven saluted and said, "Mr. President."

"Lieutenant Steven Goodykoontz," said the President. The president was in front of a crowd of reporters. The president continued, "On behalf of the United States of America, I present you with a Distinguished Medal of Honor." The president put the medal around his neck. "I also give you an honorary Purple Heart." Then he put it on him. "Also, on behalf of the United States of America, I give you a promotion from Lieutenant, to Major. Congratulations, Major Steven Goodykoontz." Eleven more men came into the room. The first one was the Russian president.

"On behalf of the People’s Republic of Russia, I present this honorary medal to you. Thank you Major." The Russian shook his hand.

Another man walked up to him. He gave Steven another badge. "On behalf of China, I present this medal. Thank you major." The Chinese president bowed and let the Indian president come up. "Major," said the Indian president, "I present this medal on behalf of India. Thank you." The Indian president shook his hand and walked away letting the South African man come in. "On behalf of the South Africa government," he said. "I present this medal to you." The South African man shook his hand and let the Argentinean president come forward with his medal. "On behalf of Argentina, Major, I present this medal to you. Thank you." The Argentinean president shook his hand and let the Mexican man pass. "Mexico thanks you for you service, Major Goodykoontz," said the president of Mexico. "I present this medal to you." The Mexican president shook Steven’s hand and let the Japanese Emperor come forward. "Major Goodykoontz," said the emperor, "I present this medal to you on behalf of Japan." The emperor bowed and let the Brazilian president come forward. "On behalf of Brazil," said the president, "I present this medal." The president shook Steven’s hand and let the Austrian president come forward. "Major Goodykoonz," said the president, "I present this medal on behalf of Austria." He shook Steven’s hand and let the German president come forward. "On behalf of Germany, Major Goodykoontz," said the German. "I present this medal to you." The German shook his hand and let the last person come forward. "Australia and I thank you for your service, Major Goodykoontz," said the president. "I am proud to present this medal to you." The president shook his hand and let the US president come forward.

"Son, do you have anything to say?" asked the president.

"Yes," replied Steven. "I would like to say that what I did was honorable, and I thank all of my fellow agents in aiding me. What I got today were medals of honor, not just to me, but for the world. Thank you all."

Steven looked at all the presidents and saluted each one of them. The other presidents saluted to Steven.

The End

 

. Thought Steven. He strafed a stack of metal crates and shot over his shoulder. He shot one of the guards and he fell on his back with a scream. Another one was coming up behind him, when all of a sudden Steven spotted him. Steven hit the guard in the head with his fist and shot him.

***



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on March 31, 2008