Chapter Two First Contact

Chapter Two First Contact

A Chapter by Goomenoid

Chapter Two 

First Contact


Standing at the edge of a remote beach shore, the crashing waves wash up to the edge of Sarah’s black leather boots. The beautiful young woman with sapphire eyes and long golden hair, stands completely dumbfounded, physically looking down at a crazed coffee toned little girl with a rock on her head. The little one stood proud and tall with her arms flared out to each side and a huge smile on her face, looking as if she were about to give somebody an inviting hug. As Sarah stands frozen in place, at a complete loss for words, the little girl then tilts her head as she peers into Sarah's eyes. Nëmi then begins to make her way to Sarah, Sarah’s long coat, dragging behind the little girl as she then stops just in front of Sarah. 

“How are you feeling, Miss Sarah?” The little girl's ethereal voice was soothing to the ear, and even alleviated a lingering pain that Sarah had brewing in her head. Despite that, Sarah couldn’t help but feel a sense of uneasiness whilst standing in front of this seemingly innocent little girl. 

“Wait , how do you know my name?” Sarah asked. 

“Oh, I found it on this thingy muh-bob.” Nëmi pulls out the golden gun by the barrel and presents it to Sarah. 

“Jesus kid…” Sarah says under her breath as she walks up holding her hand out as to suggest to Nëmi to give the weapon over. Nëmi, able to take a hint, complies. “You’re lucky you didn’t hurt yourself with this.” Sarah says in a concerned tone. 

“What do you mean?” Nëmi asks with a confused look on her face as Sarah inspects the pistol with a keen eye. 

“What I mean is that it's not a toy for some kid to be playing around with. Then again…” Sarah again takes a look at her surroundings, seeing all the bodies on the floor. 

Sarah didn’t want to believe it, but based on what she saw, she could only conclude that Nëmi somehow managed to get a few lucky shots in and somehow caused the mess around the two. But as Sarah ejected the magazine she noted that it was still full. Completely bewildered, Sarah begins to look back towards Nëmi's direction, only to see a man behind Nëmi subtly and slowly making his way to one of the many rifles on the ground. “HEY KID WATCH IT!” 

Sarah instinctively readies her weapon and runs towards the man in an attempt to intercept him. But suddenly Sarah feels someone, or something grab her by the ankle, and  she stumbles to the ground. Without missing a beat, Sarah reloads her weapon, and begins to aim it towards the man behind the Mysterious little girl, all in a prone position. However, before Sarah could even react, she sees the man get struck square in the jaw by a rapid blur. “Huh…?” Sarah is barely able to keep up with the object, seeing it fly over everyone, including herself, before stopping directly above the little girl, and gently lands on to the top of her head.  

The stone, perched at an odd angle, looking as if it missed its landing and was ready to slide off at any moment. Despite its appearance, the stone stayed firmly planted on the little one's head.  Sarah then feels the grip on her ankle loosen. She looks down to her ankle, only to see and feel the soft sands run off her leg.“Wha- What just happened?” Sarah is left stun locked, The lingering pain in Sarah’s head only growing as she tries to rationalise the situation that she was in. 

As for Nëmi, she joyfully skips up to where Sarah is laying and squats down next to her and holds out her hand as if nothing even happened. 

“You know Miss Sarah, I can't get over those eyes of yours, you must really be special huh.” Sarah looks up towards the little girl, only now noticing her seemingly glowing silver eyes. Sarah immediately knew there was something strange about this little girl, but it was only until now that Sarah saw first hand how truly strange Nëmi actually was.


Nëmi’s hair could be easily explained by being dyed but the way it subtly gave a pearlescent hue of blue and purple, like a pearl shining in the sunlight, was something else to say the least. The rock on her head was strange, but not really out of the ordinary for what Sarah could only assume was a ten year old, would do. But despite it looking as if it were ready to slip off at any moment, it stayed firmly planted on the little one's head. 


However, The one characteristic Sarah noted the most was the little one’s otherworldly glowing silver eyes. Nëmi’s eyes radiated a life giving light that made it feel like Sarah was staring directly into the heart of the universe itself. The hypnotising sight that shined with a calming aura, that drew you into the pitch black pupils of the self proclaimed goddess. 


… Darkness…


It was like Sarah was staring into pure nothingness, a true infinite void. 


Sarah’s heart begins to race as she begins to feel a complete sense of dread. Although Sarah lay motionless on the floor, to her, she felt as if she was surrounded by pure darkness, paralysed, unable to move and with no end in sight. It felt as if she was mere moments away from death, when Sarah then sees a sudden flash of blues and purples, releasing her from the hell she was in. This jogged her memory, as she now remembers the breathtaking sight of this otherworldly child’s piercing silver eyes, just before everything faded to black. 



© 2023 Goomenoid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on October 23, 2023
Last Updated on October 23, 2023


Author

Goomenoid
Goomenoid

About
I'm just a blob who writes for fun more..

Writing
Ascension Ascension

A Book by Goomenoid


Chapter ¿̸̢̢̨̱̀o̴̡̡̰̾̋͆ͅn̵̙̈ĕ̶͉̘̽̄̈?̴͇̈̋͝ͅ ̶̠̓͌̚    Nëmi Chapter ¿̸..

A Chapter by Goomenoid