Chapter Three Sarah

Chapter Three Sarah

A Chapter by Goomenoid

Chapter Three

Sarah



Sarah was contracted to locate and destroy a downed secret experimental aircraft, with highly advanced cloaking abilities, that lost signal somewhere in a remote area of the Alaskan wilderness. The mission was supposed to be simple, in and out without a hitch, after all no one should have known about the plane's existence in the first place. 

When Sarah arrived at the aircrafts location, she was surprised at how intact the plane seemed to be. The craft itself resembled the head of an arrow. With seemingly sharp edges and an almost flat appearance. Sarah wondered if this was a manned jet and not a drone, that was until she arrived at the front of the craft's cockpit. 

“Ohhh…. Okay. So you’re not meant to be this flat. Got it.”  Sarah then manages to pry the cockpit hatch open, only to see the mangled remains of the pilot inside. “You’ve certainly seen better days, haven't you buddy. Anyway, I don’t mean to be rude, but there’s something I'm gonna need you to move over a bit for me..” Sarah says as she stretches her arm into the cockpit, fumbling her arm around until she feels what she was after. There was a small latch behind the pilot seat that opened a hidden compartment in the rear of the jet. Sarah then makes her way to the back of the plane only to see a large metal box that was completely busted open. She looks inside, taking out a slim hard drive and stuffing it into her coat's inner right pocket. “The wonders of technology, sure is a shame it’ll all go down in flames.” Sarah then begins to line the craft with small explosives when she then hears rustling coming from behind her. 

She immediately ducks for cover, hiding under the jet and was completely caught off guard when she sees a small group of men emerge from the forest around her. “What in the…” At first Sarah thought this might have been some random stragglers, or perhaps a curious bunch that saw the craft go down. As the men came closer she could see all of them were heavily armoured, as they began to investigate the craft. Sarah’s heart began to race. With her small figure, she managed to squeeze herself into a narrow spot between the jet and the ground, where no ordinary man would fit. However waiting  to be found and eventually surrounded was not favourable to Sarah. As she saw boots constantly walk past her, her mind began to race at a thousand miles an hour, analysing her situation and what would be her best course of action.

 Sarah was outmanned and outgunned, even so she felt confident in her ability to shoot her way out, and escape if necessary. But She didn’t know who exactly she was up against. If this was just another random group of mercs, then there would be no problem, but if she picked a fight with a government group, then these men were the least of her problems. In the end Sarah figured that her best course of action was to attempt to sneak her way out of this and get a better hold of her situation. Unfortunately, just as Sarah begins to slowly make her way out from underneath the plane, a random man peers down directly into the narrow gap Sarah was hiding in. As the two’s eyes meet, the man begins to aim his rifle at her and Sarah does not hesitate. She immediately reaches for her own weapon, charges forward, firing at the man in front of her as he fumbles for cover. Sarah jumps out from where she was hiding  and within a split second she analyses her situation. one, two. two men infront of her. Three, four, five. three men to her left. five six seven eight. And finally four men still fumbling for their weapons left behind near the tree line. Eight men in total, five seasoned and four amateurs by the look of it. 

Sarah quickly tackles the man in front of her, getting a hold on his neck as she shoots the man that followed him. She uses the man in her grasp as a human shield. But the men around her seemingly didn’t care about the man in her grasp, as they all began to raise their weapons at Sarah. Seeing how they acted and how uncoordinated they were, Sarah felt confident in thinking that they were not affiliated with any government group. And if that was the case… 

“FBI! YOU BETTER THINK TWICE BEFORE RAISING YOUR WEAPONS!” Sarah could see them all hesitate, but none more than the men furthest behind. With one target taken out and the other in her grasp, Sarah had the skill to back up her bluff and could easily pass for a seasoned FBI agent. 

“FBI? Let me see your badge.” The man that spoke out had a heavy russian accent, not wavering in his stance as he looked at sarah through the sights of his large rifle. 

“Who do you think I am exactly? Some civilians looking for scraps? In the middle of the forest? I think you may have overstepped your bounds here, this jet is on US soil and is property of the United states government! Leave now unless you intend to start a war!”  The man in front of Sarah begins to chuckle, his deep raspy smoker's voice calmly speaking out.

“But I am US citizen,  and you are not FBI.” Sarah takes a subtle step back, preparing for the worst.

“Boss, we should go!”  A young man yelled from the tree line, his voice shaken. Sarah glances over to his direction, the man's face covered in fear. Clearly those four men out in the distance were out of their element. With that in mind Sarah decided to solely focus on the three left in front of her.   

“Why would FBI send woman to jet?”
‘“In case you haven't noticed, I am more than capable.”  Sarah speaks out in a firm tone. 

“By yourself?” The Russian man chuckles. 

“You think I’m alone? We are all watching this very instant, lay down your arms and I will call off my drones.”  Sarah scores her surroundings looking for the best place to take cover. 

“I see no badge, you are not FBI” The man mercilessly shoots his rifle at his own man in an attempt to hit Sarah. A look of shock envelopes Sarah’s face as she fires out towards the men whilst ducking behind the plane for cover. A relentless entourage of gun fire ensues as Sarah takes in a deep breath to calm her nerves and biding her time. Shortly after, the gunfire stops as she then could hear the men reloading from behind the craft. Sarah peaks out, and then empties her magazine at the firing squad in front of her. She managed to hit two of her targets, killing one and injuring another. This managed to distract the Russian man as he looked down at his fallen comrades. Sarah takes this opportunity to reload her weapon and make a run for it. Sarah rushes through the thick forest,  hearing the rustling of many men just behind her. She ran for what felt like hours, adrenaline pushing her beyond her limits, only to escape the shrubbery and end up facing a never ending expanse of water. With no cover in sight Sarah readies her weapon, Only to hear the multiple footsteps closing in from the distance.  

“Tch” Sarah scoffs, holstering her gun in her coat's inner left pocket. She holds her hands up as she slowly turns around noticing only four men in her sights, all pointing their rifles directly at her.  Sarah sighs as she looks up at the cloudy morning sky. It was a shame, maybe if the sky was clear, she could have seen a glimmer of the worlds above one last time, Sarah thought. She hears the drowned out noise of screaming as she instead decides to focus above, in an attempt to enjoy what she believed to be her final moments. 

Suddenly, just as the men began to approach, Sarah see’s the clouds above flash with a otherworldly display of celestial colours. The sudden flash was so bright it caught the attention of everyone on the ground, as they all looked up at the sky above. Since Sarah was the only one already looking up, she was the only one that noticed the strange, almost erratic way the clouds rapidly moved. The clouds, which briefly resembled cosmic nebulae, looked as if they were being sucked into a singular point in space. “An implosion?” Sarah thought. Have her employers been keeping tabs on her the whole time? Was this due to Sarah’s failed task? Sarah’s mind raced, after all she was just tasked to track down a secret highly advanced aircraft, what other crazy technology could they possess. Either way, Sarah knew this wasn’t going to be pleasant. Sarah quickly dives for cover, while everyone else stares dumbfounded at the sight above. A sudden bursting light comes crashing from the sky above, but it really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The air felt as if it got warmer, but only subtly and not to any extremes. Feeling sure it was safe, Sarah jumps to her feet, seeing everyone else stunlocked, shielding their eyes from the sudden burst of light, before looking up and meeting Her in her stunning silver eyes… 




© 2023 Goomenoid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on October 23, 2023
Last Updated on October 23, 2023


Author

Goomenoid
Goomenoid

About
I'm just a blob who writes for fun more..

Writing
Ascension Ascension

A Book by Goomenoid


Chapter ¿̸̢̢̨̱̀o̴̡̡̰̾̋͆ͅn̵̙̈ĕ̶͉̘̽̄̈?̴͇̈̋͝ͅ ̶̠̓͌̚    Nëmi Chapter ¿̸..

A Chapter by Goomenoid